• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

PK Gaming

Tap tap tap tap tap.

tacktacktacktacktacktacktack

P1P opening: wat

Oh cool so you're starting P1 eh? Couple of tips:

• Under normal circumstances, your last party member on the main route is Elly or Brown. If you want to get Reiji, follow this guide. It really comes down to preference, though Elly is one of the best characters in the game, and Reiji adds to the story.
  • The level up system is weird. EXP points are awarded based on how much a character contributed in battle (killing enemies, healing, etc). Healing will "always" net you extra EXP points (even if you have a lot of EXP) so if you're up against an enemy that awards a lot of EXP, set some of your characters to heal.
  • Don't fuss over stats. Prioritize Dex, Agi and Vit and feel free to ignore Luck for the most part.
  • Fuse Gozu Tennoh (Chariot lvl 18) and Phaleg (Judgement lvl 18). These 2 Persona will dominate for the majority of the game. The former gains early access to Megidola and a high magic stat(lol) which basically lets you nuke mobs. The latter isn't thatstrong, but it's immune to all Magic attacks and it gains early access to Mediarama (your ultimate support Persona, basically)
  • Always be fusing isn't "that" necessary in P1 since it's piss easy for the most part. Just try to keep your Personas up to par, and remember skills & magic power >>> pure level.
  • At levels 30 and 47 respectively, you can *fuse* Fool Persona. They're almost impossible to get in regular play(they're fusion accidents that only occur under specific conditions), but there's a trick to getting them to appear. If you're interested, check out this page.
  • Contacts are bullshit. Just grin and bear it :/

97fv.png

PK Gaming

I like it more than P2 though. At least you don't have to deal with combined negotiation and spell card grinding.

Yeah it's better than P2's system, but that's not really saying much! The P1 contact system is still pretty crummy, made worse by the fact that your party lvl average needs to be equal or higher to the demon you're trying to contact. This basically makes contacting in the lategame impossible without grinding since the demons you fight have ridiculously high levels, and your party's overall level will fluctuate significantly. (EX: MC will be like lvl 50 while the rest of the party ranges from 40-44)

fertygo

Yeah it's better than P2's system, but that's not really saying much! The P1 contact system is still pretty crummy, made worse by the fact that your party lvl average needs to be equal or higher to the demon you're trying to contact. This basically makes contacting in the lategame impossible without grinding since the demons you fight have ridiculously high levels, and your party's overall level will fluctuate significantly. (EX: MC will be like lvl 50 while the rest of the party ranges from 40-44)

Its not like you need keep updating your persona though

Lilim is enough to rock your enemies till end of game for example.

kewlmyc

I could have at least tried with her face. It's like they made a good figure body, then said "fuck it" and let their 8 year old brother do the face.

PK Gaming

Its not like you need keep updating your persona though

Lilim is enough to rock your enemies till end of game for example.

Yeah I know. Lilim starts to lag hard by the endgame, due to her low offensive stats and weak spells. There are better Personas that last until the endgame (like my man Phaleg)

fertygo

Yeah I know. Lilim starts to lag hard by the endgame, due to her low offensive stats and weak spells. There are better Personas that last until the endgame (like my man Phaleg)

I have Megidolaon on her, so she fine :)
Also your gun is absolutely overpowered later with high dex stat, so that actually not big problem.

Top Bottom