• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
What is it that people like so much about Labrys? I don't think she's a bad character or anything but nothing about her really stood out to me while playing P4A. Is it just her design?

I actually dislike her. For the same reason I dislike
Aigis

I know we're talking about a setting that is already over the top and unrealistic, but the whole "mechanical maiden" thing just feels hokey to me.

What is it that people like so much about Labrys? I don't think she's a bad character or anything but nothing about her really stood out to me while playing P4A. Is it just her design?

I really like her design, the best out of the toasters. I'm also quite fond of her accent, both JP and English versions.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Saw The Lego Movie late last night. Anyone with a brain should go see it, because it's the best movie of the year so far

I was going to take the kids to see it anyway, but I always find this sort of line hilarious for films released in Jan and Feb, even if the films do have a legitimate case if it would have been released much later.

I actually dislike her. For the same reason I dislike
Aigis

I know we're talking about a setting that is already over the top and unrealistic, but the whole "mechanical maiden" thing just feels hokey to me.

When I played P3 and I got an android in my party, and not only that, but a pretty android, I was enraged. I think Aigis is ok now, but I still think she is mediocre in The Journey. She comes into her own in The Answer and P4A. Labrys is better than P3 Journey Aigis in every way, and is now my favorite P4A character, and I was one of the vocal haters pre P4A release.

I was going to take the kids to see it anyway, but I always find this sort of line hilarious for films released in Jan and Feb, even if the films do have a legitimate case if it would have been released much later.

Whatever it takes to get people to see this film.

On the topic of January's films being garbage: Toronto Comic Con was actually going to hold a contest in which the winner would get to go to a pre-release screening of I, Frankenstein with a bunch of celebrities. Once the early reviews came out and it was made apparent that the movie was godawful, the contest's grand prize was changed to a screening of a couple of films at the Digital Film Festival instead because the organizers were afraid of losing face by sending their prizewinners to see a terrible movie.

Levito

Banned
At this point I think I'm more interested in Dancing All Night than PQ.

Because
canon.

Actually, it's basically just because Dance is on the Vita. heh

This. The accent/personality brings you in. The story keeps you.

Labrys is good. It's good she's popular there.

It's funny, pre release of P4A and P4G, I was sure Labrys was gonna be crap and that Marie was gonna be good...Even though I am one of the defenders of Marie, she is still very flawed!

Too classy for combat.

Mitsuru_High_Cut_Armor_Back_Shot.png

Gazoinks

Might get old fast, I only play project Diva when friends are over. Guess it has a story mode at the very least.

Well, I like rhythm games (although I've never played the Diva ones) and I like Persona music, so I'll probably get into it. I hope they make the story as goofy as possible though.

Squire

Banned
Might get old fast, I only play project Diva when friends are over. Guess it has a story mode at the very least.

The story mode and the fact it's Persona music might make it endure for longer. Maybe. I haven't played Diva, but I can see what you're talking about, for sure.

Vylash

At this point I think I'm more interested in Dancing All Night than PQ.

Because
canon.

Actually, it's basically just because Dance is on the Vita. heh

So hyped for
Naoto in a cute frilly idol costume
Dancing All Night

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
When I played P3 and I got an android in my party, and not only that, but a pretty android, I was enraged. I think Aigis is ok now, but I still think she is mediocre in The Journey. She comes into her own in The Answer and P4A. Labrys is better than P3 Journey Aigis in every way, and is now my favorite P4A character, and I was one of the vocal haters pre P4A release.

Its not them as characters that I dislike, so much as just the whole concept. Just really ...meh to me.

In all fairness I kind of felt the same way about Teddie until
It was revealed that he was a Shadow

Squire

Banned
Danganronpa is only 2 days away.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Yeeeeeeesssss

So hype for it. I'm torn though. Still not sure if I'll play it with the dub or the JP audio track. The dub is supposed to get good as you go further in the game, but the preview of it online sounds atrocious, pretty much. That typical NISA standard.

The JP track is apparently super duper excellent though.

Its not them as characters that I dislike, so much as just the whole concept. Just really ...meh to me.

In all fairness I kind of felt the same way about Teddie until
It was revealed that he was a Shadow

I did too, but I realize now that the androids fit the Jungian concepts of the Persona series quite well, I just let a dumb anime trope get to my head.

Levito

Banned
Yeeeeeeesssss

So hype for it. I'm torn though. Still not sure if I'll play it with the dub or the JP audio track. The dub is supposed to get good as you go further in the game, but the preview of it online sounds atrocious, pretty much. That typical NISA standard.

There's no need at all to play the dub. You're going to be reading all the dialogue as you go along in the story regardless.

Characters like Kyoko are completely FUCKED in the dub. It's terrible.

Squire

Banned
There's no need at all to play the dub. You're going to be reading all the dialogue as you go along in the story regardless.

Characters like Kyoko are completely FUCKED in the dub. It's terrible.

Yo, Kyoko sounds dead. Not stoic. Dead.

This is why I was hoping Aksys got if. Their dubbing/voice casting is on par with Atlus, as far as I can tell. NISA is the Sentai Filmeorks of video games. :'(

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
I did too, but I realize now that the androids fit the Jungian concepts of the Persona series quite well, I just let a dumb anime trope get to my head.

How so? Because thats pretty much exactly my issue, in that their existence just feels like a dumb anime trope.

Yeeeeeeesssss

I always go with the dub if it's available, unless it's super-hardcore-awful. It really tales me out of something when I have to be constantly reading the bottom of the screen to get the gist of something (although I'm perfectly okay with subs if they're all that's available), plus I'll never pass on the chance to bear witness to a legendary performance (such as Zero III in VLR).

Sophia

Wrong, wrong, wrong!

WRONG!

P3FES:
Metis isn't even a robot anyhow, she's a shadow, and she's basically Aigis.

How so? Because thats pretty much exactly my issue, in that their existence just feels like a dumb anime trope.

The androids represent another element of the Jungian idea of a Shadow, as well as the concept of Self-realization. Specifically Aigis, as the lack of self-affirmation is something she is aware of an unconscious level, and she's basically antagonized by it.

Metis, by virtue of being Aigis's discarded emotions, is a more overt example. She has no self-affirmation, and therefore looks to others for that affirmation in its place. When she doesn't get it, she reacts... poorly.

Yeeeeeeesssss

I'm gonna hold judgement on the dub until I play the game myself.

Squire

Banned
I always go with the dub if it's available, unless it's super-hardcore-awful. It really tales me out of something when I have to be constantly reading the bottom of the screen to get the gist of something (although I'm perfectly okay with subs if they're all that's available), plus I'll never pass on the chance to bear witness to a legendary performance (such as Zero III in VLR).

There aren't going to be any legendary performances, since NISA cast unknowns for this. Which, considering the game's legacy, seems I'll-advised. Like, someone in the OT was saying they're happy they didn't just cast Karen Strassmen as Celestia because she's french, but the thing is: that's exactly what they should have done.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I know Erin is playing a character in it, but I don't remember which one.

How much spoken dialogue is there anyway?I saw some gameplay from the JP version, but it might have just been the "social linking " portion and there was maybe like one line spoken.

Anyway..

TOZAG4q.jpg

Squire

Banned
I'm gonna hold judgement on the dub until I play the game myself.

I'm not outright condemning it, but I'm not confident. A friend told me it's brilliant during the more intensive trial parts where crazy shit is popping off left and right.

But then Levito has it, too and he maintains it's pretty fucking bad.

I know Erin is playing a character in it, but I don't remember which one.

How much spoken dialogue is there anyway?I saw some gameplay from the JP version, but it might have just been the "social linking " portion and there was maybe like one line spoken.

Anyway..

TOZAG4q.jpg

I like, though I can't quite decide why but it looks like a couple of dudes cosplaying.

Top Bottom