• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Burning the midnight oil to bring you these, but the GAF avatar set is now complete (at least until they add new characters)!

aigis___persona_4_arena_ultimax__gaf__by_darkside989-d7hojv2.png
chie_satonaka___persona_4_arena_ultimax__gaf__by_darkside989-d7hojv8.png
junpei_iori___persona_4_arena_ultimax__gaf__by_darkside989-d7hojvb.png
kanji_tatsumi___persona_4_arena_ultimax__gaf__by_darkside989-d7hojvd.png

naoto_shirogane___persona_4_arena_ultimax__gaf__by_darkside989-d7hojvf.png
rise_kujikawa___persona_4_arena_ultimax__gaf__by_darkside989-d7hojvh.png
teddie___persona_4_arena_ultimax__gaf__by_darkside989-d7hojwi.png
yosuke_hanamura___persona_4_arena_ultimax__gaf__by_darkside989-d7hojwk.png

yu_narukami___persona_4_arena_ultimax__gaf__by_darkside989-d7hojwn.png
yukari_takeba___persona_4_arena_ultimax__gaf__by_darkside989-d7hojws.png
yukiko_amagi___persona_4_arena_ultimax__gaf__by_darkside989-d7hojwv.png

shadow_aigis___persona_4_arena_ultimax__gaf__by_darkside989-d7hojvk.png
shadow_chie___persona_4_arena_ultimax__gaf__by_darkside989-d7hojvo.png
shadow_junpei___persona_4_arena_ultimax__gaf__by_darkside989-d7hojvt.png
shadow_kanji___persona_4_arena_ultimax__gaf__by_darkside989-d7hojvv.png

shadow_naoto___persona_4_arena_ultimax__gaf__by_darkside989-d7hojvy.png
shadow_rise___persona_4_arena_ultimax__gaf__by_darkside989-d7hojw4.png
shadow_teddie___persona_4_arena_ultimax__gaf__by_darkside989-d7hojw5.png
shadow_yosuke___persona_4_arena_ultimax__gaf__by_darkside989-d7hojw8.png

shadow_yu___persona_4_arena_ultimax__gaf__by_darkside989-d7hojwa.png
shadow_yukari___persona_4_arena_ultimax__gaf__by_darkside989-d7hojwe.png
shadow_yukiko___persona_4_arena_ultimax__gaf__by_darkside989-d7hojwg.png

Enjoy! :D

VERY NICE Trueself. Thanks.

I'm still trying to pin down who Ultimax Rise looks like. I'm thinking maybe Gadget from Rescue Rangers? I dunno, she looks really mousey to me.

...and I really shouldn't have searched for Gadget pictures, especially after the Yukaricchi stuff :/

Seeing the Shadow of P4's protagonist just makes me angry. Reminds me of all those people on tumblr that kept asking me to do one for him.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I'm still trying to pin down who Ultimax Rise looks like. I'm thinking maybe Gadget from Rescue Rangers? I dunno, she looks really mousey to me.

...and I really shouldn't have searched for Gadget pictures, especially after the Yukaricchi stuff :/

Holy shit she does look like Gadget. lol

Can't unsee.

Meia

Holy crap she does!

CorvoSol

And much like Gadget she helps a guy who does not button his collar, his dorky bro, their big ol burly friend, and the silly team mascot solve crimes!

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
お待たせいたしました~ 通常より大変時間がかかってしまいましたけれども、無事にJunpeiのトレーラーの字幕をついにご完成いたしましたよ!

よろしくお願いいたします!

Sophia

I wonder if there's an even longer way to essentially say "Thank you" in Japanese. :p

But thank you for the Junpei trailer sub.

EDIT: I didn't even notice the discussion about the nickname that Junpei gives Yukari, but yeah, Yukaricchi is Yuka-tan in Japanese.

abrack08

Whoa, I'm snagging this shadow Junpei avatar. Thanks again TheTrueSelf!

Ah man, I was considering switching to this one, but I haven't changed my avatar since I joined GAF (other than having it Kazified). Made my decision easy I guess :p

That's not even the weirdest thing I saw googling her

Russian cult worships Gadget

お待たせいたしました~ 通常より大変時間がかかってしまいましたけれども、無事にJunpeiのトレーラーの字幕をついにご完成いたしましたよ!

よろしくお願いいたします!
Thanks Pepsiman! My favorite line: "Ta da da da! The only class this guy's ever going to get As in is being a real dimwit of a bro"

hao chi

Great job with the avatars! I thought about taking normal Yukari just to be a bit unique since the shadow versions seem to be pretty popular, but Shadow Yukari just looks too awesome to pass up.

Levito

Banned
My gosh, those avatar are stellar TrueSelf. I want to switch to that Shadow Chie but my Devy avatar is still fresh.

CorvoSol

Fanart reminded me that I laughed for like, a whole minute when I realized that Yosuke keeps Teddie's Alice dress in his room. Like, sometimes I wonder what Old Man Hanamura thinks about everything Teddie related.

Jintor

That's because that's Hiimdaisy/Peachifruit/Gigidigi who is one of my big inspirations

She is god damn amazing. She works really well with colour theory too

tumblr_mypm0k1ipC1qd62wro1_1280.jpg

Yeah Gigidigi is super talented, which is why I always feel super guilty that I kind of can't stand anything she's done post-Hiimdaisy. It's just not for me. :(

Dantis

That's because that's Hiimdaisy/Peachifruit/Gigidigi who is one of my big inspirations

She is god damn amazing. She works really well with colour theory too

tumblr_mypm0k1ipC1qd62wro1_1280.jpg
Well that explains that then, I guess.

It's a neat style for sure, though not one I can particularly admire. It's too simplistic for me, I think. Feels like it lacks precision.

Also, isn't she really weird about Persona now? I saw some Tweets the other day that looked like she'd come to resent it.

Jintor

Well that explains that then, I guess.

It's a neat style for sure, though not one I can particularly admire. It's too simplistic for me, I think. Feels like it lacks precision.

Also, isn't she really weird about Persona now? I saw some Tweets the other day that looked like she'd come to resent it.

Probably the same way the Giant Bomb guys basically got bombarded with Endurance Run questions back in the day, especially since she's been working on her own original thing for like two or three years now.

I don't think it lacks precision at all! Or maybe it's better to say it approaches precision from a different angle. I'm all about flow anyway. But to call it simplistic is a misnomer. I think it's the kind of style where the complexity leads a casual viewer to conclude that it's simplistic. The amount of colour theory that goes into each piece for instance is amazing. You don't really know until you've tried to actually make one of those kinds of pieces...

Guess Who

Banned
Can't blame Gigidigi for getting burnt out on Persona with how many terrible fsteak jokes she's probably had to deal with over the years.

I don't think it lacks precision at all! Or maybe it's better to say it approaches precision from a different angle. I'm all about flow anyway. But to call it simplistic is a misnomer. I think it's the kind of style where the complexity leads a casual viewer to conclude that it's simplistic. The amount of colour theory that goes into each piece for instance is amazing. You don't really know until you've tried to actually make one of those kinds of pieces...

I was going to jump into this discussion but then I realised I wrote 4 paragraph and once I started referencing art movements I got horrible flashbacks of my university dissertation.

So instead I'm simply going to post something I found on tumblr.

tumblr_n5a7bahOsU1r5gh74o1_400.gif

I'm glad I never took formal art training. Sucks the fun out of it. I just wanna draw my animuz

I really enjoyed doing art history and art theory, it made me appreciate it all a lot more. It's just when I had to write 20000 words on it that I started to lose the plot.

I wanna read what you wrote :<

For my dissertation? We're talking like 5 years ago here, but it started with the De Stijl and Bauhaus movements, went onto Dada and then progressed from the 1930's to modern day showcasing how everything was influenced along the way. Then the conclusion was about how abstract art and more traditional, 'complex' art are basically running on cycles, similarly to fashion.

(Fashion was my second choice for uni, so quite alot of my work ended up referencing it.)

Basically like all good art students, It was alot of pretentious dribble masked by a coherent structure.

Nah, for gigi. I was just rambling about how her art makes me feel

Not too different to what you had to say. I was just backing it up while at the same time throwing in my own opinions. Then I got hugely distracted by the use of the word simplistic.

I always loved this artstyle. I suppose it's hiimdaisy, or someone trying to recreate the artstyle.

And really like this page has turn into art talking!

Out of curiosity, did you study some sort of art degree?

What do you guys think will happen in the following weeks?

The P4U2 website shows each character will get a trailer.

19 characters (assuming Ken is the last character)
1 trailer per week
16 characters to go
Exactly 16 weeks until the Japanese release.

So, I'm thinking one trailer per week all the way up til the release.

Out of curiosity, did you study some sort of art degree?

Yeah, 2 years ago I finished Fine Arts degree at the University. I learned a lot thanks to the good teachers at some of the subjects, but other subjects had uninsterested teachers that did more harm than good to the students. I sometimes think if it was not better doing a master or practising by myself.

Dantis

I'm glad I never took formal art training. Sucks the fun out of it. I just wanna draw my animuz

You never studied art at all?

I'm surprised. I thought it would be your kind of thing.

For my dissertation? We're talking like 5 years ago here, but it started with the De Stijl and Bauhaus movements, went onto Dada and then progressed from the 1930's to modern day showcasing how everything was influenced along the way. Then the conclusion was about how abstract art and more traditional, 'complex' art are basically running on cycles, similarly to fashion.

(Fashion was my second choice for uni, so quite alot of my work ended up referencing it.)

Basically like all good art students, It was alot of pretentious dribble masked by a coherent structure.

I'd like to see some of your art. You've said before that you don't really draw any more, right?

You never studied art at all?

I'm surprised. I thought it would be your kind of thing.

There are really amazing artists right now that never studied art at all. Im not that fond of my five years doing it. For example, I had a harsh but great teacher in Basic Drawing (drawing from statues) the first year I was there, and I learned a lot, the problem came in second year with Basic Drawing II were the teacher was bad, left us in the middle of the year to do some thing and never came back (im not shitting) and the substitue one didnt even know how to draw. I lost that whole year (the subject was about drawing real human models) and now I have lots of problems when trying to draw bodies from my imagination. After I finished university I worked in some games, that took a lot of my time, but now I have more free time, so im starting to draw again daily, and I want to get the hang of it.
I know, thats more of a problem with how spanish public universities are structured, and maybe I wouldn't had a problem studying a master or at a private one.

Yeah, 2 years ago I finished Fine Arts degree at the University. I learned a lot thanks to the good teachers at some of the subjects, but other subjects had uninsterested teachers that did more harm than good to the students. I sometimes think if it was not better doing a master or practising by myself.

That sucks, nothing sours the experience more than a teacher who is only there to get paid. Passion, people.

There were things I learnt at university outside of the course that are invaluable, so to question if going was the right thing to do is kinda hard.

I'd like to see some of your art. You've said before that you don't really draw any more, right?

Yeah, I haven't done any 'character' art since university. It's all technical illustrations these days for work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom