• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did we light up the Pepsiman signal? Is there such a thing? I wanna know what Stupei's Junpei's trailer says. (No rush, just curious!)

Noooooooooooo
imOW2bDVHpqj.jpg

FluxWaveZ

I really don't see Sony devoting any real time to the PS3 in their conference.

Well, why would they? There aren't many PS3 exclusives on the horizon.

English Persona Q and P4AU have to be at E3 right? Those games are getting released kinda soon after the show.

Much like P4A, it's very likely that there will be English trailers for P4AU coming out for E3. English PQ's status seems weird, though.

Hopefully, especially if P4AU's release date is September 22.

The Best Buy leak had September 16; 22 would be kinda weird since it's a Monday.

Did we light up the Pepsiman signal? Is there such a thing? I wanna know what Stupei's Junpei's trailer says. (No rush, just curious!)

Basic gist from Dustloop post.

What I wanna know is what the heck's going on while Junpei's talking about Yukiko. The symbol in the beam reminds me of P2's Xibalba or something.

So all this Junpei stuff about Chidori
doesn't it kind of undo some of his character development? I thought the Answer showed that he had accepted what happened and was going to move on with his life. Or if you want to believe she lived one of those "she's alive and that's all I need." Openly talking about his love for Chidori seems a little... wrong.

Of course I might have misinterpreted what actually happened in the Answer, it's been a while.

FluxWaveZ

doesn't it kind of undo some of his character development? I thought the Answer showed that he had accepted what happened and was going to move on with his life. Or if you want to believe she lived one of those "she's alive and that's all I need." Openly talking about his love for Chidori seems a little... wrong.

Of course I might have misinterpreted what actually happened in the Answer, it's been a while.

I wouldn't say it necessarily undoes it.
I think it makes more sense that she's dead given The Answer, but even if one comes to terms with another's death, it's probably still likely that someone they cared for deeply will oftentimes be in their thoughts, like Shinji for Akihiko or Makoto for Yukari.
(Persona 3 spoilers)

Regressing P3 characters into terrible caricatured goobers is what Arena is all about. Did you see what happened to Akihiko? Good lord. Guy doesn't deserve Caesar anymore. (P3 spoilers)
Shinji must be spinning in his grave.

I wouldn't say it necessarily undoes it.
I think it makes more sense that she's dead given The Answer, but even if one comes to terms with another's death, it's probably still likely that someone they cared for deeply will oftentimes be in their thoughts, like Shinji for Akihiko or Makoto for Yukari.
(Persona 3 spoilers)

But would he need to make random comments about her? I can't watch the trailer because my college's internet is being ass right now and no youtube videos are playing properly, so I'm just going off your guys' comments. It seems really unnecessary and makes me feel like they had no idea what to actually do with his character (not to mention that awful character portrait).

The only thing I want to really see in P4A2 is (P3 spoilers)
is the P4 cast to learn and react to what went down at the end of P3. Has potential to be really be cool.

Sophia

Regressing P3 characters into terrible caricatured goobers is what Arena is all about. Did you see what happened to Akihiko? Good lord. Guy doesn't deserve Caesar anymore. (P3 spoilers)
Shinji must be spinning in his grave.

But Arena made Aigis and Mitsuru even more awesome than they already were! How can you say that?!? :|

I bet that e3 will have a trailer that officially announces the release date. That'll allow Best Buy, Amazon, etc to post their product page. So yeah, that means I think Ken will be revealed before e3.

FluxWaveZ

But would he need to make random comments about her? I can't watch the trailer because my college's internet is being ass right now and no youtube videos are playing properly, so I'm just going off your guys' comments. It seems really unnecessary and makes me feel like they had no idea what to actually do with his character (not to mention that awful character portrait).

It's a single scene played for laughs; I don't think it's supposed to be all that important, unless it's actually a subtle hint or foreshadowing of something more significant later in the game.

But Arena made Aigis and Mitsuru even more awesome than they already were! How can you say that?!? :|
Exaggerating, really. Aigis is fine. Mitsuru... isn't, but I'll let it slide. But Arena Akihiko is so uniquely terrible that I had to get that in there.

And what we've seen of Ultimax doesn't really inspire confidence.

CorvoSol

I need to get back on that game soon.

I was so mentally exhausted from the air raid shelter that I had no will to continue.

Maybe when Nocturne is done.

I don't blame you. The air raid shelter sapped me of my will to live. Had a breakdown in that place, I did. Things are a little better now, though. I seem to be in the middle of an arc about Lisa, and I've found ways to make battle less of an awful clunkfest snoretown.

I'm not a huge fan of her design :(

Elly :(

Not gonna lie, the character designs in this game are almost all weird as hell. Like, Tatsuya and Lisa are the only characters who don't seem WEIRD WEIRD WEIRD for some reason. Which is ironic since Lisa is the one who apparently sticks out most.

And not the woman in the heartboob dress.

gRlMpuz.png

Oh! How elegant!

Playable Elly is P2:EP's saving grace

When did she change hair colors, though?

Dantis

For better or for worse, this is just the way that Arena is written. It's what makes it fan service and sometimes feel fan fictiony. The fact is that a lot of the "Remember this?" winks at the player don't make much sense and aren't particularly good examples of writing. It's just meant to be fun for existing fans of the games, I guess. Same with the Jojo poses and various other things that happen throughout... well... everything post-Persona 4.

On the other hand, it's all harmless. I'd rather Arena's story was this weird thing for the fans (that is actually rather easy to ignore, particularly when you consider the slim manner in which the games reference each other) than if it was a critical point in the Persona canon, killing off various characters and drastically altering others.

Guess Who

Banned
Not gonna lie, the character designs in this game are almost all weird as hell. Like, Tatsuya and Lisa are the only characters who don't seem WEIRD WEIRD WEIRD for some reason. Which is ironic since Lisa is the one who apparently sticks out most.

And not the woman in the heartboob dress.

It's a little known biological fact that Japanese women have two hearts. This is seen as a cultural point of pride, and thus women frequently display their patriotism by wearing clothes with two hearts on their chest.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture, but I'm an expert.

Sophia

Exaggerating, really. Aigis is fine. Mitsuru... isn't, but I'll let it slide. But Arena Akihiko is so uniquely terrible that I had to get that in there.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat? :p

Mitsuru's story mode is probably my favorite in P4A. Especially the scenes with her and Labrys at the end.

"There will be days to come when you are tormented by solitude and caged by your own weakness. But one thing will be very different. Starting today, you are not alone."

Dantis

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat? :p

Mitsuru's story mode is probably my favorite in P4A. Especially the scenes with her and Labrys at the end.

Mitsuru's story was really weird.

They made her into a much stranger character in a much stranger world than in Persona 3, I felt.

CorvoSol

It's a little known biological fact that Japanese women have two hearts. This is seen as a cultural point of pride, and thus women frequently display their patriotism by wearing clothes with two hearts on their chest.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture, but I'm an expert.

How much of an expert are you on bullet holes in feet?

Akihiko getting the shakes because he didn't have protein was funny, though. Or are we talking costumes? Because playing Persona 2 has taught me that Persona 1 and 4 are flukes and that stupid outfits are this series' true self.

Dantis

How much of an expert are you on bullet holes in feet?

Akihiko getting the shakes because he didn't have protein was funny, though.
Or are we talking costumes? Because playing Persona 2 has taught me that Persona 1 and 4 are flukes and that stupid outfits are this series' true self.

NOPE. I don't even remember that, but man...

Also Persona 3 had some good outfits. Junpei, Akihiko and the protagonist dressed well. Mitsuru mostly dressed well. Yukari's outfits are.... eh. All the Persona 3 Portable characters are crazy stylish.

CorvoSol

NOPE. I don't even remember that, but man...

Also Persona 3 had some good outfits. Junpei, Akihiko and the protagonist dressed well. Mitsuru mostly dressed well. Yukari's outfits are.... eh. All the Persona 3 Portable characters are crazy stylish.

I laughed a lot at that part. "Do you got the good stuff?" "No man I run a clean bar we don't have any-" "PROTEIN SHAKES. DO YOU HAVE THEM!?" Haha.

Persona 3 has its fair share of dumb costumes, too, though. Chidori, the rest of Strega, and while I love Koro, why does he need an angel wing shirt? That said, I concede that the denizens of Iwatodai are too fabulous for their own good.

Sophia

I laughed a lot at that part. "Do you got the good stuff?" "No man I run a clean bar we don't have any-" "PROTEIN SHAKES. DO YOU HAVE THEM!?" Haha.

Persona 3 has its fair share of dumb costumes, too, though. Chidori, the rest of Strega, and while I love Koro, why does he need an angel wing shirt? That said, I concede that the denizens of Iwatodai are too fabulous for their own good.

He has a scar on his belly from the shadow attack. The shirt is basically covering it up, from my understanding.

Yeah, and it's unfortunate that Ultimax seems to be the last chapter in the P3 storyline. Wonder how they'll wrap it up.
Aigis will wake up, walk to the shower where Akihiko (sans bear attack scars and roided out muscles) is showering and she will describe to him a crazy dream she had.

CorvoSol

He has a scar on his belly from the shadow attack. The shirt is basically covering it up, from my understanding.

I guess they do mention something like that during his SLink, but I mean, it's still a sorta weird design. Mostly I'm miffed that I couldn't get other outfits for him, though. I don't even remember if the tux changed his appearance now.

Hey guys ho-
tumblr_n59gd3Q8xr1t46pjso1_400.png

Draw me like one of your Inaba girls.
Dunno whether to lol at that or be scared at how much damage that image is doing to my eyes, bordering on Megidoloan levels of eye damage
sh9Bj0t.png

DA MAN IS HERE!
e: shibeaten.
e2: Shadow Junpei, Teddie, Aigis, Kanji, and Naoto added in the character page.

mtqmLJd.png

soejima neck returns full blast.
I'm liking what I"m seeing of Junpei in that trailer, though that neck.....Soejima needs to stop drawing such long necks, he kinda looks like giraffe with that long neck.
Katsuya and Baofu though

Baofu, one of the most if not the most badass Persona user ever. And one of my top three favorite Persona 2 character along with Maya and Ulala.
Baofu_P2EP_PSP.png

Swedesu

Persona 3 came out mere months after Okami's initial release, so I doubt that's the case. It's probably just a cute outfit that Fuuka or Yukari found lying around and decided to dress him in.

Megamitensei wiki says as much yeah, apparently the idea came from both of them.

Ammy and Koro does look similar though, even if their designs most likely were not inspired by each other.

Sophia

Junpei confirmed for going psycho.

Also, I looked at the trophies for P4A.... only 0.1% have completed Score Attack mode with all 12 characters. Only 2% got past Stage 6 in Score Attack. Wow....

CorvoSol

Junpei and Yosuke's interactions will be great. After the game they'll go meet Eikichi and Mark and the four of them will discuss being Second Bananas.

Acid08

Banned
Junpei and Yosuke's interactions will be great. After the game they'll go meet Eikichi and Mark and the four of them will discuss being Second Bananas.
Hopefully no one uses that term because Yosuke will get really defensive and uncomfortable about it.

"B-bananas???? GROSS DUDE I'M NOT LIKE THAT"

Not really, It was kept vague.

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
Hey all! Apologies for the lateness of my subs this time. I was super busy working last night and by the time the Junpei trailer finally came out, my brain was like, "This ain't happening tonight!"

Now that I've slept on it and can at least feign some manner of coherence again, I should hopefully get to it soon and have it up within the next few hours. Sorry for the wait!

Hey all! Apologies for the lateness of my subs this time. I was super busy working last night and by the time the Junpei trailer finally came out, my brain was like, "This ain't happening tonight!"

Now that I've slept on it and can at least feign some manner of coherence again, I should hopefully get to it soon and have it up within the next few hours. Sorry for the wait!

No worries. Take your time.

what are we paying you for

take your time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom