• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

arue

tumblr_lwgrk4CGE51qmb8yno1_500.png

The art style reminds me of Animal Crossing, probably because of the nose.

I'm glad I never took formal art training. Sucks the fun out of it. I just wanna draw my animuz

Same here. I never took any formal art classes besides electives in high school but I actually want to take figure drawing classes to improve my anatomy skill.

That sucks, nothing sours the experience more than a teacher who is only there to get paid. Passion, people.

There were things I learnt at university outside of the course that are invaluable, so to question if going was the right thing to do is kinda hard.

The truth is, that I learned also invaluable things in there (from the good subjects, and from the university and life in general), so it was all not that bad at the end.
If I have to thanks someone those are the teachers that had passion being there and making people learn what they wanted, my animation teacher, my basic drawing teacher, etc...
Those were the ones from which I learned a lot and thanks to that I could find work doing Scribblenauts art for example becuase I wanted to still follow my passion.

T

Same here. I never took any formal art classes besides electives in high school but I actually want to take figure drawing classes to improve my anatomy skill.

This would be a really good thing to do.

Lunar15

Several thoughts on the discussion:

1. Boy, I love Cucumber Quest. It's my favorite webcomic. Everyone go read it right now.

2. Gigi's thoughts on P4 are understandable if not disheartening, but her twitter is also intentionally exaggerated.

3. My take on any paid classes is this: You have to go in wanting to learn something specific. If you're just going so that you'll "be disciplined" to work on something, then you probably won't get a whole lot out of it. Never take a paid class out of obligation, for anything.

Kazzy

2. Gigi's thoughts on P4 are understandable if not disheartening, but her twitter is also intentionally exaggerated.

Intentional or not, sarcasm and the like are best avoided wherever possible, because they're so easy to misconstrue, particularly on the internet.

Also, hiding behind the veil of irony is a really lame thing to do.

The P4U2 website shows each character will get a trailer.

19 characters (assuming Ken is the last character)
1 trailer per week
16 characters to go
Exactly 16 weeks until the Japanese release.

So, I'm thinking one trailer per week all the way up til the release.

Damn, i was hoping they would release a trailer every week showing of new features.

Optimistic thinking on my part :p

Lunar15

Intentional or not, sarcasm and the like are best avoided wherever possible, because they're so easy to misconstrue, particularly on the internet.

Also, hiding behind the veil of irony is a really lame thing to do.

I was just thinking about this the other day. I don't disagree: any desire to keep up a comedic persona inevitably leads to that kind of conflict. I mean, we see it all the time on GAF, and I'm constantly guilty of it on twitter and elsewhere. It's so easy to forget that not everyone is already acquainted with your sense of humor.

But Gigi's sense of humor is why I like her comics (and her twitter account, which is also hilarious) so it's one of those things where I'm not going to go out of my way to ask a comedian to censor themselves because not everyone's always on the same page 100% of the time.

Setsu00

I'd love to study art, but unfortunately it's extremely hard to get into an art school where I live. I ended up choosing law instead...

The art style reminds me of Animal Crossing, probably because of the nose.

That's really good Arue! I like it a lot

Also Dave this is getting to be 2much4me

Lunar15

No mate, that's Persona for babies.

While I know that we're both joking, it just dawned on me that PQ will probably be tougher than regular Persona. I find this fact kind of funny given the general perception some people have of that game.

Dantis

While I know that we're both joking, it just dawned on me that PQ will probably be tougher than regular Persona. I find this fact kind of funny given the general perception some people have of that game.

It'll be tougher than Golden at least, for sure.

I think it will be easier than Etrian Odyssey, though.

That's really good Arue! I like it a lot

Also Dave this is getting to be 2much4me

Arue didn't draw it, Hiimdaisy did.

So PersonaGAF, what is your favorite game you played this year? It does not have to be released this year, but one you played. Me? My favorite is Phantasy Star Online 2!

tr9WDI0.png

Levito

Banned
So PersonaGAF, what is your favorite game you played this year?

There's been quite a few great games already, 2014 is a much better year for games than 2013 was. From me Dark Souls 2 and Danganronpa are neck and neck.

When you recording next Levito? What's the subject?

Trying to get Lotus Juice thing going again. Inorigo contacted a Skullgirls developer that does a lot of Persona art, trying to put together an episode to talk about Soejima and Kaneko's art. Think we asked every artist in PGAF but got turned down every time. :(

Kind of not sure what to do next yet though TBH.

So PersonaGAF, what is your favorite game you played this year? It does not have to be released this year, but one you played. Me? My favorite is Phantasy Star Online 2!

tr9WDI0.png

Either Danganronpa or Broforce for me, but I'm having a blast with JoJo's All Star Battle right now as well.

cjkeats

tr9WDI0.png

Danganronpa!
I can't think of anything else that's come out/I played this year that kept my attention long enough to finish other than that.

Squire

Banned

tr9WDI0.png

DR is still the best thing I've played this year, but I will say: Hitman GO is a fantastic game that you should not sleep on if you have any compatible iOS device. It'll probably be in my top five games this year. Crazy.

Trying to get Lotus Juice thing going again. Inorigo contacted a Skullgirls developer that does a lot of Persona art, trying to put together an episode to talk about Soejima and Kaneko's art. Think we asked every artist in PGAF but got turned down every time. :(

Kind of not sure what to do next yet though TBH.

So if you have ideas, by all means!

CorvoSol

tr9WDI0.png

Persona 4 Golden. Kinda crazy that I have been into Persona no more than 5 months, haha. But definitely Persona 4 Golden.

What else have I played this year? P1, P3P, TO:LUCT, SRWZ2.2, SRWZ3.1, SMT4, LoZ:OoS, AA5 DLC, P4A, and I'm sure I'm forgetting a bunch. That's just stuff I've cleared (or in SRWZ3's case will clear in the very near future.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom