• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
What game?

Nocturne.

As for Yukiko, I really liked the idea behind her S. Link, but I did think the execution was a bit... lacking. And I probably would have made a different choice from her, especially if I was as smart as they say she is in game. I also agree that they definitely "push" her to be your romance option with the early game scenes and the fact that it's obvious she likes you super early on in her S. Link. I ended up taking the romance path because otherwise I would kind of feel like an ass haha.

She's still my favorite P4 girl though.

I didn't mind MGS2 Raiden too much. I actually think that E.E. was the real most annoying character in the game, albeit mostly because of her gameplay segment rather than her role in the story.

There's no doubt in my mind that the former became infinitely better post-MGS4 though. His characterization in Revengeance is gloriously cheesy.

Levito

Banned
I actually don't hate MGS2 Raiden at all, I just like poking fun of him. :p

It safe to assume that the P5 characters wont be like the P3/4 casts. Well, that is to say I doubt they'll be modeled after them.

Here's something i sketched earlier.

I wont have time to fix any errors, add the hands, or ink it properly until next week, so i thought id post it regardless.

1r9rot1t5jdr9b7fg.jpg

I thought id try a different artstyle compared to the one i used last time for Fuuka.

kc80lvbvb3fvlchfg.jpg

Thoughts?

Do we really know if they are going to be college kids at the end?
The college setting could be interesting, I suppose that if Soejima finds again that japanese universities are too dull they will give them some more interesting spin.

No idea, I was only joking. It would be University anyway right? Not sure how popular colleges are in japan. And on that note, it will be high school kids anyway as that is most likely their target audience.

kc80lvbvb3fvlchfg.jpg

Thoughts?

Fuuka got her grump on.

Dantis

Do we really know if they are going to be college kids at the end?
The college setting could be interesting, I suppose that if Soejima finds again that japanese universities are too dull they will give them some more interesting spin.

He's being sarcastic, haha. ;)

Here's something i sketched earlier.

I wont have time to fix any errors, add the hands, or ink it properly until next week, so i thought id post it regardless.

1r9rot1t5jdr9b7fg.jpg

I thought id try a different artstyle compared to the one i used last time for Fuuka.

kc80lvbvb3fvlchfg.jpg

Thoughts?

I would say a definite improvement!

In all seriousness, Ken is going to have the most radical change in the game considering his age. I'm looking forward to it.

I agree. I just dont think Ken should be the final new character. I guess im still super salty that Adachi was teased and everything is indicating that he is an NPC. :(

Fuuka got her grump on.

What did you say? :p

cq113tcc3jkzho2fg.jpg

I would say a definite improvement!

Thanks man. I am finding it a little difficult adjusting to a more realistic anatomy. Practice makes perfect though, so ill keep trying.

I still need to get myself one of those large Wacom tablets :( Maybe one day.

No idea, I was only joking. It would be University anyway right? Not sure how popular colleges are in japan. And on that note, it will be high school kids anyway as that is most likely their target audience.

Fuuka got her grump on.

He's being sarcastic, haha. ;)

Bu..but the question sounded so normal... lol

Yeah, it's probably high school students again, I suppose finishing high school maybe?

I would like a mix between college and people starting work, still not something too serious.

Dantis

Bu..but the question sounded so normal... lol

Yeah, it's probably high school students again, I suppose finishing high school maybe?

I would like a mix between college and people starting work, still not something too serious.

It's already confirmed that the game takes place in a high school. Which means that it's all but certain that the characters are high school students again.

As for Yukiko, I really liked the idea behind her S. Link, but I did think the execution was a bit... lacking. And I probably would have made a different choice from her, especially if I was as smart as they say she is in game. I also agree that they definitely "push" her to be your romance option with the early game scenes and the fact that it's obvious she likes you super early on in her S. Link. I ended up taking the romance path because otherwise I would kind of feel like an ass haha.

I think a weakness in Yukiko's s.link is that she spends a huge amount of it referring back to what happened at her family's inn. But whatever place you are with her at the time, has close to no connection with what she's talking about. So all you can really do is...imagine what her family looks like in your head, comply and give a sensible response.

Like...the inn is associated with Yukiko's character the same way Yosuke is with Junes. But with Yosuke it works because Junes is the central hub where everything happens in the story. You as the main character can witness the conflict between the Inaba shopping distinct and the corporation yourself....and Yosuke builds off of that with his characterization.

In comparison, Yukiko's impeding future is something you really only hear from her...so it doesn't resonate nearly as strong. There's also probably a bit of western dissonance, regarding individuality vs devotion towards one's family.

Looking back on it, it could have been handled way worse. It could have been really hammy and super melodramatic with how it sold you on her plight. Instead, it's just a small talk social link. You're in the super market with a shopping cart, she's looking for ingredients and talking about her family. It's a far cry from Naoto's criminal chase, or the drama club s.link...but I don't think it tries to be more than what it really is.

I still think that the twist will be Persona 5 takes place in a Juvenile Correctional Facility. It's still high school while being 2dark4me, even if it isn't college.
:V

CorvoSol

Persona 2

So I met Ixquic last night. Part of me wants to be all "I thought this game was serious mature bidness" but frankly I don't give a shit because Toilet Space boss battle against Toilet demon and cosplay girl was hilarious stuff. I wish Ixquic's Persona had been more interesting than just some random enemy I'd come up against in a dungeon.

Caladrius

Don't be. I'm a robot, you're a mere human. Cataloging information to be a walking encyclopedia is essentially my day job.

I am an immortal demonic fairy cyborg, we've been over this.

Oh god I'm so terrible at everything people have even forgot that.

I'm going to crawl into a hole and die.

Wait I'm also a ghost so I can't die.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom