• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soriku

My love of Nocturne is ever increasing. Not having a hundred cutscenes with 1 million lines of dialogue is really refreshing. Persona could learn a lesson in showing rather than telling :p

Nah. There are some games where I enjoy having a lot of scenes/dialogue. Persona is one of them. I don't think it needs to be like SMT in that regard.

Also the Obelisk is nothing compared to DDS2's final dungeon. I couldn't be bothered to fill out its map.

Jintor

Are there any other games where you futz around inside character's minds as levels besides this and Psychonauts? (Psychonauts = Persona let's do it)

Kazzy

So Chie said she didn't want to go back to Yukiko's castle after I rescued Yukiko, but I took her anyway.
Does this affect Social Links?

That's a pretty cute idea - it would be neat to see the characters personalities have more of a bearing on the gameplay:

• Chie whiffs her attacks against Shadow Yukiko

Yosuke is reduced to 1hp, whenever he fights in the bathhouse.

Kanji is permanently in enraged status throughout the secret base.

Etc, etc...

So a friend lend me this week his PS3 (he went to Italy) so I could play Catherine.
What a fantastic and enraging game (I think im in the last day and Im putting that shit on easy, those bosses can go and fuck off).

But the social part of the game is awesome. If this is what Persona 5 is going to be turned to (in the way of presentation), we are in for a treat. Yeah, some animation are too Persona 3/4 like (talking without moving the lips with exagerated japanese movements), but the rest is great.
Would love to see social links to this kind of interaction and presentation. Hell, I would love in a few years (not too soon though) see remakes of P3 and P4 in this manner, because only having this type of graphics would change the games a whole lot.
And Ive seen Teddie like 3 times in the game already, one is a plushie in the bar, the other is a rock poster in the bathroom, and the other was in a cutscene in the cafe were a girl in the background has it as a keychain for its phone. I know Vincent appears in P3P, but are the Persona games in the same timeline as Catherine? Teddie must have become famous if thats so lol

One thing I'm not clear, where does this game take place. In america or Japan? I say it because it looks like america (apart from the japanese restaurant they visit in cutscenes) and the names of the characters are western, but how the character act in some scenes, like the one that Catherine says Vincent is too forward because he used her first name, only happens in Japan.
Also I laugh everytime when I think how much the boss of the bar looks like Stan Lee:
Boss.jpg

Question: Are we expecting to see Persona Q or Persona Ultimax first in the US?

It's looking like Ultimax. Both were listed as a "Fall 2014" release date but Best Buy's leaked Ultimax release date is in late summer. I doubt Q would release any earlier than that.

Trigger

One thing I'm not clear, where does this game take place. In america or Japan? I say it because it looks like america (apart from the japanese restaurant they visit in cutscenes) and the names of the characters are western, but how the character act in some scenes, like the one that Catherine says Vincent is too forward because he used her first name, only happens in Japan.
Also I laugh everytime when I think how much the boss of the bar looks like Stan Lee:

Supposed to be America, I thought.

Also: I agree with everything I snipped out. Persona having this level of quality in the social parts would be amazing.

So a friend lend me this week his PS3 (he went to Italy) so I could play Catherine.
What a fantastic and enraging game (I think im in the last day and Im putting that shit on easy, those bosses can go and fuck off).

But the social part of the game is awesome. If this is what Persona 5 is going to be turned to (in the way of presentation), we are in for a treat. Yeah, some animation are too Persona 3/4 like (talking without moving the lips with exagerated japanese movements), but the rest is great.
Would love to see social links to this kind of interaction and presentation. Hell, I would love in a few years (not too soon though) see remakes of P3 and P4 in this manner, because only having this type of graphics would change the games a whole lot.
And Ive seen Teddie like 3 times in the game already, one is a plushie in the bar, the other is a rock poster in the bathroom, and the other was in a cutscene in the cafe were a girl in the background has it as a keychain for its phone. I know Vincent appears in P3P, but are the Persona games in the same timeline as Catherine? Teddie must have become famous if thats so lol

Boss.jpg

Great game, I had a blast, also done what you said and put it on easy. The story is worth rushing through the gameplay. I'm looking forward to your thoughts after you've beaten the game and seeing what ending you get!

If you missed it, Vincent and his sheep pals made a little appearance in one of the PQ trailers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNDum2gjeH4#t=98 Around 1:38

pan-hime

Well, people got the P3 Movie and in it, there's a stamp card which lists FIVE P3 Movies.
Not sure if I should post the card; does it count as a scan?

Sophia

Well, people got the P3 Movie and in it, there's a stamp card which lists FIVE P3 Movies.

The wallets and purses of Persona fans everywhere weeps at the thought of how much five movies will cost. ;_;

Victor GOT DAMN Sullivan!
Nah, Sullivan has a fatter face, he looks more like stan lee becuase his face is thineer and the sunglasses.

Supposed to be America, I thought.

Also: I agree with everything I snipped out. Persona having this level of quality in the social parts would be amazing.

If it has this level of quality is going to be amazing, that's for sure. I just imagine P4 scenes with this type presentation and I say, goddamn. The only thing, I don't know if this will be too much (as expensive and time consumking for them) for an 80 hour game.

That's not the real Vincent.

I'll dig it up, but there's an interview were Soejima and co explicitly state that they it's a doppelgänger.

Hence the mole on his character portrait.

Ah, didn't know about that. So not same universe then?

Great game, I had a blast, also done what you said and put it on easy. The story is worth rushing through the gameplay. I'm looking forward to your thoughts after you've beaten the game and seeing what ending you get!

If you missed it, Vincent and his sheep pals made a little appearance in one of the PQ trailers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNDum2gjeH4#t=98 Around 1:38

Hahahaha, thats great. And I suppose I will finish the game tonight, so I will post my thoughts for sure. Im playing know just answering how I would do on real live, not going through a good route or bad route. It's more of a good route I suppose, but some decisions im taking seem to say they are evil choices, when I thought they were going to be good. Others are evil, becuase I knew they were evil though.

SCREW ATLUS.

Where is my P4G movie?

Hahahaha, thats great. And I suppose I will finish the game tonight, so I will post my thoughts for sure. Im playing know just answering how I would do on real live, not going through a good route or bad route. It's more of a good route I suppose, but some decisions im taking seem to say they are evil choices, when I thought they were going to be good. Others are evil, becuase I knew they were evil though.

Yeah that's what I done, was kinda surprised with some of the results myself buy oh well. If you don't plan on playing through story mode again (and it's not really worth it straight away), I recommend watching the other endings on youtube once you're finished.

Wow, five movies?! That's awesome! I think it's safe to say they'll probably tackle The Answer in this case. Man, I really do hope that we'll get a dub eventually, though with five films total, I can't even imagine when they'd start that process...

Also, if we've been assuming that ATLUS would time an ultimate version of P3 so that it came with the final movie, then they now have plenty of time to still do that without that remake getting in the way of their current four new Persona games.

Stealing jello's retweets before he reaches this thread!

BnmLFtkIUAAD2Re.png

Hahaha, this is amazing! XD

Necrovex

Xenosaga.

Ultimax, but that's because I assume localizing a fighting game would be easier.

When did you go into someone's mind? I'm drawing a complete blank unless you're referring to XS3 (and I still can't recall if it took place in someone's mind).

kewlmyc

....I'm collecting each P3 poster that gets released and framing them. I have 4 so far. Plus I'm thinking of buying each movie.

So that'll be 10 posters and 5 movies.... My fanboyism knows no bounds.

Trigger

When did you go into someone's mind? I'm drawing a complete blank unless you're referring to XS3 (and I still can't recall if it took place in someone's mind).

You dive into Momo's subconcious in the first disc of X2. I thought you dive inside of KOSMOS's noggin in the first episode as well. I could be wrong though.

....I'm collecting each P3 poster that gets released and framing them. I have 4 so far. Plus I'm thinking of buying each movie.

So that'll be 10 posters and 5 movies.... My fanboyism knows no bounds.

My fanboyism knows no bounds either, P3 being my favorite game. My wallet, on the other hand, sadly does.

man saying that given my current icon feels kinda silly :p

pan-hime

Lyrics for A Lone Prayer, from Yumitama
Lived in buried memory
With fear-ridden self-consciousness
I'm just a lone prayer
Keep running on the cold track
The hate crazed thoughts just don't stop
As if a dream Awake from the dark The world
deletes all I said to you

Overwrite this pain tearing me apart
融けでいく (toke de iku) Frozen mind Ray of light
Ready for a trip to nowhere
Overwrite this pain tearing my apart
安らいだ (Yasurai ta) My last pray With no aim My last...
let me feel alive

Five movies? Cool, maybe I was not wrong for thinking that the third movie would end with
Ryoji and his talk about Nyx
and the fourth would cover the last months of the game. That would leave The Answer for the fifth movie.

So... does that mean that we'll have P3 movies until 2017 or what?

Cool! I'll be waiting to read your thoughts. Catherine is such a good game!

Lyrics for A Lone Prayer, from Yumitama

Amazing. Now I can actually sing something instead of just mumbling a melody with occasional Engrish

pan-hime

Holy shit, nobody was even close to the right lyrics. Do you have the actual CD? Are the new mixes any different?

I do.
the remix tracks are more rock-heavy than the originals. Expect Dream of Butterfly, sounds the same to me.
I can post the lyrics the School Days, Blood Destiny, and Let Butterflies spread until the dawn if requested.

pan-hime

Let butterflies spread until the dawn
Inside of agony
Lost butterflies cry out
泣き朽ち果てる (nakikuchi hateru)
So, boy, help them fly away
Inside of agony
激しく揺れる (hageshiku yureru)
A drop of tears
Falls on you

Until the dawn
Nobody comes
Unbreakable silence slowly hovers in the air
Until the dawn Nobody comes
Let butterflies spread until the dawn

kewlmyc

So does this mean they're adapting The Answer too?

Because otherwise Movie 4 is going to be ungodly boring.

Probably. I said earlier that they were going to most likely do a movie for each season in P3 given the titles of the movies (SPRING of Birth, MidSUMMER Knight's Dream), so that would leave one movie, and the only material that would be left would be the Answer. What an interesting movie that's going to be...

Given the speed at which they're releasing the movies, I can see the 3rd one showing up at around November again, the 4th showing up at June of next year, then the final one being November 2015.

Man, I'm going to be broke.

Soriku

You dive into Momo's subconcious in the first disc of X2. I thought you dive inside of KOSMOS's noggin in the first episode as well. I could be wrong though.

No you're right. Also you go into Shion's head in 3
although it appears like you went to the past

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom