• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

pan-hime

Bloody Destiny
Night Beast
Grab my right arm
Smiling like you got all
壊れかけた Pandora's Box 抱いて(Kowara kaketa Pandora's box idaite)
Hidden fear overwhelming
Can't go back No control
締め付ける Inner soul 固く(shime tsukeru Inner soul kataku)

Save me from the bloody destiny
How do you feel seizing me now?
You made me like this
From the bloody destiny
Oh God you can't
Let me down

Andrefpvs

Wow, five movies?! That's awesome! I think it's safe to say they'll probably tackle The Answer in this case. Man, I really do hope that we'll get a dub eventually, though with five films total, I can't even imagine when they'd start that process...

I really, really want a dub to happen. I was so pleased when they dubbed P4 the Animation with most of the original VA.

Also, if we've been assuming that ATLUS would time an ultimate version of P3 so that it came with the final movie, then they now have plenty of time to still do that without that remake getting in the way of their current four new Persona games.

Exactly!

pan-hime

School Days
Looking through my eyes
You try hard to feel ok with the usual smile
Don't you worry baby
Keep it real Let's keep it real
Oh Sweet time I'll be turning everything
Into your love Sweet time
I'm walking to your favorite place
Being with you

(Chorus)
ハテシナク ツヅク ミチヲ (hateshinaku tsuzuku michi wo)
カケヌクテ イキキレテ コドオ タカマル (kakenukute ikikirete kodoo takamaru)
コトバナハ イエナイケド (kotobanaha ienaikedo)
ソバニソット イルカラ (sobanisotto irukara)

Sophia

I like the lyrics themselves (In some ways, more than Franklin's lyrics), it's Kawamura's English that I have a problem with.

I think Tanaka did the lyrics for Pursuing My True Self and Reach Out To The Truth, also, as I recall.

She was the primary Lyricist on the vanilla version of Persona 4.

What English voice actors from P4G and P3 do you think won't return for the new games (PQ P4U, PDAN) and anime (P3 Movies, P4G anime)?

Fuuka is pretty much gaurenteed after P4A.

I was only guessing.

Eva 1.0 - September 1, 2007
Eva 2.0 - June 27, 2009
Eva 3.0 - November 17, 2012
Eva 4.0 - ????

I guess it could come out around spring?
I actually didn't know when they originally came out, as they have been brought in Italy only last year.
I enjoyed them though, the last one felt a bit "hurried", as they didn't have/spend enough time explaining what exactly happened.

pan-hime

New trailer for Midsummer Knight's Dream on the P3M site.

and these........things.
BnmvTagIEAAb6vl.jpg:large

Sophia

New trailer for Midsummer Knight's Dream on the P3M site.

This trailer is awesome. :D

EDIT: Some interesting changes from the game. Aigis summons her Persona on Yakushima (still wearing the summer dress from that portion), and Takaya uses his Persona to seal the door shut during the full moon event. Looks like the battle against Chariot and Justice is going to be a significant portion of the movie too. Also the shot of Akihiko appears to be him standing outside of Hagakure, which is a scene that happens in September.

Meia

....I'm collecting each P3 poster that gets released and framing them. I have 4 so far. Plus I'm thinking of buying each movie.

So that'll be 10 posters and 5 movies.... My fanboyism knows no bounds.

Where on earth do you get the posters, cause I wants them. :(

Yeah, I'd want him to return too, but he's a busy man. Hopefully we don't have a repeat of the second volume of the anime.

John Hardin aka Atlusprime is doing something with the V/A for the new persona games this week. He posted this on reddit :

So I saw /u/Autoham [1] 's post about Chie's P4/P4G voice[2] and it couldn't have been timed better. Why's that? Because I'm actually heading up to the recording studios to talk to some of our voice actresses. I'll be talking to the voices of Yukiko and Nanako/Aigis on Wednesday, and wanted to see if you guys had any related questions you want me to ask them. Let me know!
edit: big ups to mods for the sticky.
double edit: We're recording video interviews, and they'll probably show up on the internet later this summer. And FWIW, I prefer New Chie. The voice just fits the character so perfectly.

So he's meeting Amanda Winn Lee and Karen Strassman on Wednesday and possibly others although thats just my guess. If we have any questions about the Voice Actors then now would be the time to ask him about it.

kewlmyc

Where on earth do you get the posters, cause I wants them. :(

Ebay. Just type in Persona 3 movie poster. You're looking for the B2 size; everything else is just a flyer. The posters range from $39 (the most recent one with Aigis and Makoto) to freaking $110 (the first one that was all blue). That one's so expensive since it's about 7 months old now.

Dantis

Unless the movies are giving them enough money to increase the budget of the P4G animation, I wouldn't expect anything that much better.

I posted a screen back when it was first announced from the end of the trailer, which is of a lower quality than the main teaser, and looks to be representative of the show. It looks about the same as the P4 cutscenes. Which is miles below the film's quality.

I posted a screen back when it was first announced from the end of the trailer, which is of a lower quality than the main teaser, and looks to be representative of the show. It looks about the same as the P4 cutscenes. Which is miles below the film's quality.

Not to mention the Yu and Marie concept art they showed off which looked quite poor as well.

Meia

I have hope it'll still be better than P4A's quality, and that's fine.

I'm more anxious to see other such changes, like characters actually using WEAPONS in this one. Naoto's first summoning using her hand pointing like she had a gun was shit.

It makes sense, A 12 episode series would be over twice the length of the first Persona 3 movie.

Dantis

I have hope it'll still be better than P4A's quality, and that's fine.

I'm more anxious to see other such changes, like characters actually using WEAPONS in this one.

I would rather they didn't use weapons. It seems pretty obvious that they're in the game as a gameplay device rather than a story one.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
John Hardin aka Atlusprime is doing something with the V/A for the new persona games this week. He posted this on reddit :

So he's meeting Amanda Winn Lee and Karen Strassman on Wednesday and possibly others although thats just my guess. If we have any questions about the Voice Actors then now would be the time to ask him about it.

John behind the times. :p

Maybe someone can help me.
Im looking for a list (prefer image list) of the anime effects that appear in persona 4 above the characters head in the dialog scenes. Excalamtion mars, the water drop, the happy flowers, etc..

Im talking about this type of effect:
bubbleeffectgwk0w.png

It would help me a lot with the seinfeld parody to find an image list of all the effects.

Meia

I would rather they didn't use weapons. It seems pretty obvious that they're in the game as a gameplay device rather than a story one.

The characters solely relying on their personas is kind of shit though. Not to mention you really really *really* do not want movies showcasing SEES using badass weapons while the P4 crew punches cards.

And no, it never made sense for someone like Naoto to *not* have a weapon.

Troy Baker was on his honeymoon during the second half. Matthew Mercer replaced him as Kanji in the English dub of the anime as a result.

This, coupled with a totally new VA for Naoto, also made the second half kind of shit.

Hey, if they're going to be doing a new anime for seemingly no reason anyway, they may as well fix the bad things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom