• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunar15

Almost done with Part 2 of JoJo's. You were all right when you said Joseph was incredible. The leap in quality from part 1 and 2 is quite large, but I'm already missing Dio. Can't wait for Part 3.

I really like that the entire point of Speedwagon is for him to stand there, be afraid, and add exposition. It's the best kind of dumb.

Also, what's this about the P3 movie being 5 movies? Jesus, that's a lot of movies.

Almost done with Part 2 of JoJo's. You were all right when you said Joseph was incredible. The leap in quality from part 1 and 2 is quite large, but I'm already missing Dio. Can't wait for Part 3.

I really like that the entire point of Speedwagon is for him to stand there, be afraid, and add exposition. It's the best kind of dumb.

Also, what's this about the P3 movie being 5 movies? Jesus, that's a lot of movies.

5 movies?

Who do they think they are, Harry Potter?

Dantis

I drew another quick thing:

tumblr_n5l0kfBjrI1s602ggo1_1280.png

I want to do something neat again soon, but I have so many ideas and can never decide which to do. :/

Levito

Banned
I'm actually kinda hyped since they story won't be rushed to shit now. A lot of people seem bummed that there's no social links in the first movie though.

The way social links are structured, they probably wouldn't work well in a film as they tend to be separate from the central plot.

Would work better in a show format like that particular episode of the P4 anime.

is it still cosplay week
(oh man it's huge, should I just link it instead?)

When I was trying to recall who Rise's Ultimax art reminded me of, I first thought she looked like Gadget from Rescue Rangers. Then I realized that her expression reminded me of Super Mario Bros. 3's box art. I am no artist by any stretch of the imagination, but I tried.

I wanted a new avi anyway :D

Dantis

Bloody hell Dantis, that's a quick thing yeah? Would have taken me hours :p

Very nice man.

Cheers!

It wasn't like, mega quick, but it was quick compared to something more polished.

is it still cosplay week

When I was trying to recall who Rise's Ultimax art reminded me of, I first thought she looked like Gadget from Rescue Rangers. Then I realized that her expression reminded me of Super Mario Bros. 3's box art. I am no artist by any stretch of the imagination, but I tried.

LOL.

CorvoSol

is it still cosplay week

Bwahahaha. Super Rise Sistahs. Fire Flower Kanamin will just be a .jpg of Ronald McDonald.

is it still cosplay week

That is strangely awesome. Super Rise Bros 3.

Make a Luigi one with Kanamin lol.

Joseph is the one good thing about JoJo's. Part 1 and 2 are alright. Its when the Stands get introduced that it just loses me. x

arue

Well, people got the P3 Movie and in it, there's a stamp card which lists FIVE P3 Movies.
Not sure if I should post the card; does it count as a scan?

I'm late for this, but I'm glad to know that they won't be rushing the movies. I guess The Answer is included then.

I drew another quick thing:

I want to do something neat again soon, but I have so many ideas and can never decide which to do. :/

That's a nice drawing, Dantis. I like seeing a non-chibi Rei.

And I'd have to disagree, because McGlynn sounded totally inappropriate for the character, and her performance was pretty phoned in.

And here I thought I was the only person who thought this. McGlynn can do some fine work, just not as Naoto. It doesn't fit for me at all.

kewlmyc

The way social links are structured, they probably wouldn't work well in a film as they tend to be separate from the central plot.

Would work better in a show format like that particular episode of the P4 anime.

I agree. I'm more than okay with Makoto having social links with just his party members while his social links from the games have cameos throughout the movies (there like 5 social link cameos in the first movie alone).

I also bought the standard release of the first movie. Ugly stickers aren't worth $20.

todd360

I'm actually kinda hyped since they story won't be rushed to shit now. A lot of people seem bummed that there's no social links in the first movie though.

When did they confirm 5 movies? I thought it was supposed to be 3.

Not sure if hyped. The wait time for 5 movies is gonna take forever.

Sophia

The first movie just came out in Japan today. It comes with a promotional thing if you get all the movies, and has five spots for stamps. Not confirmation of five movies, but pretty close.

Busaiku

Seriously, how in the world can people not like Erin Fitzgerald Chie.
Haven't heard Tracey Rooney, but this just sounds so right.

PK Gaming

tumblr_mf1gjy21sK1qa5504o1_500.gif

Like I said earlier, Joseph Joestar should be the protagonist of Persona 5.

Part 3 is fantastic, though don't expect Jotaro to steal the show like Joseph!

She sounds laidback, but she's awful at emoting.

"Aha, is this our chance?"

Levito

Banned

We'll manage. Remember hearing about Rebuild of Evangelion in 2006 and the 4th movie still isn't anywhere close to out yet. hah

kewlmyc

We'll manage. Remember hearing about Rebuild of Evangelion in 2006 and the 4th movie still isn't anywhere close to out yet. hah

I doubt it'll take that long. First came out in November and the second is getting released 7 months later. They'll probably be done by the middle of 2016.

The wait for a dub though, yeah that's gonna take a bit.

In need of a mobile game to play, and having actually ordered it on amazon a few days ago, I am now going to be simultaneously playing Nocturne and SMT IV. We'll see how this goes.

cjkeats

I doubt it'll take that long. First came out in November and the second is getting released 7 months later. They'll probably be done by the middle of 2016.

The wait for a dub though, yeah that's gonna take a bit.

Yeah, they also have a much more efficient studio and a solid story to adapt, whereas Eva kinda went off on it's own in the second, and they're kinda just winging it at this point.
I'm still positive 3.0 was scrapped and restarted during production.

Did you see the Blue Exorcist movie in theatres? Was it dubbed? The best thing about Aniplex USA doing these movies is that there's a large chance we'll get a theatre run, and the fact they haven't done it yet means they're probably waiting to dub it.

Acid08

Banned
Always thought Erin's Chie starts out rough but gets better and better as the game goes on. Feel like I can't even say which I prefer at this point, both have their strengths. Think Tracey's performance can be a lil flat at times.

Original Chie sounds infinitely more distinct and far more normal. She has some bad reads, but I'll take that over generic anime girl #200 any day.

Dead

well not really...yet
After having now played P4G and going back and listening to what old Chie sounds like...the new voice fits the character A LOT more...

so +1 golden chie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom