• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freakmonkey

Neo Member
You could in theory jump into Stardust Crusaders without any prior knowledge of the franchise, but I'd highly suggest experiencing all 26 episodes of the 2012 Phantom Blood/Battle Tendency anime first, as it adds context and poignancy to certain events and characters in SC that would otherwise be lost to you.

Yeah Phantom Blood/Battle Tendency are really cool in their own right but it's really funny how every part after that is almost a completely different anime/manga. It's kinda like if Power Rangers suddenly became Gundam in one season and never looked back.

Having a JoJo conversation while Crazy Tank is not present feels very strange, mentioning Gundam only makes it stranger...

Necrovex

And we have more info on Shin Megumi Tensei X Fire Emblem

53A73vr.png

The good news is this information is 100% legit. How do I know? Well my uncle's best friend's son's girlfriend's mother works at Nintendo and Atlus. Get hype :p

I know this is fake due to Metroid 3DS and such an early release date for X. No Nintendo fan is *that* lucky.

For comparison sake (again):
Yes... It all makes sense now.
Yea, personally I had the impresion that it was Stroheim's fabulous pose as well.

GERMAN SCIENCE IS THE BEST! (Possibly one of my fav Jojo character)
Stroheim is amazing
So many games tributing JoJo right now. I need to watch the series, seems to be good fun.
JoJo's tributes go even further back than now. If you read/watched part 2, look at Guile and Rose from Street Fighter. Part 3, look at Benimaru from King of Fighters.

I actually really like Phantom Blood, but it's definitely worse than parts 2, 3, and 4 (haven't gotten past that yet).

I'm not saying its bad, it just starts off a bit rough and then pulls itself together and becomes pretty freaking good by the end of it. You can tell that the writer improved his style as he went along with it.

I know this is fake due to Metroid 3DS and such an early release date for X. No Nintendo fan is *that* lucky.

I know its fake due to 'Star Fox U'. That series is as dead as the dinosaurs from that gamecube game that we shouldnt talk about.

I know is fake because of the use of the red logo
Starfox is not coming back anytime soon :(

Definitely watch every single episode of the anime, but don't stop there! My personal favourite two parts haven't been animated yet, so read Parts 4-8 of the manga for the best experience!

So were do I start? I know theres like an old series, no? Does the new one start from the beggining of the story or do I need to watch also the old one?

Yes... It all makes sense now.

Stroheim is amazing

JoJo's tributes go even further back than now. If you read/watched part 2, look at Guile and Rose from Street Fighter. Part 3, look at Benimaru from King of Fighters.

I only know about the tributes becuase people are pointing them now. When I watch it I will hopefully try to find as much of them as I can lol

Necrovex

I know its fake due to 'Star Fox U'. That series is as dead as the dinosaurs from that gamecube game that we shouldnt talk about.

I liked Adventures, excluding the ending fight!

I reckon Nintendo will say X is coming out in 2014. Then they'll have a nintendo direct around September and say its been delayed until febuary/march 2015. "Please understand"

I would weep if that happened. It's already hard enough to accept I won't be able to play Persona 5 until 2017, I can't have that same dilemma with X.

MSMrRound

@Space:

Jojo is basically a series of story arcs, and each arc is classified under as "Part 1", "Part 2" etc etc.

Part 1-Phantom Blood
Part 2-Battle Tendency (both Part 1 and 2 are combined in the 2012 anime series)
Part 3-Stardust Crusaders (introduction of Stands, also referred to by many as the inspiration behind the ideas of Personas)(2014 anime currently airing)
Part 4-Diamond is Unbreakable
Part 5-Vento Aureo
Part 6-Stone Ocean
Part 7-Steel Ball Run
Part 8-Jojolion

Each of these "Parts" cover a different story and features a different protagonist.

They follow a certain timeline sequence of events panning through the years so yea, it's really recommended to start off with the 2012 anime series as they cover Part 1 and Part 2, which introduce the origin of the story.

Juri from SSFIV and Mondo from Danganronpa are pretty obvious homages to Jolyne and Josuke, too. I'm perfectly okay with as many games as possible referencing JoJo's, really!

The manga came out in 1987. There's an older anime series, but the 2012 one starts from the beginning, and it's really well done.
Yeah we don't talk about the 90's/2000's OVA for part 3. It's bad. Cuts a lot of shit out and chanhes a few things. The current anime is solid so far though.

Dantis

53A73vr.png

The good news is this information is 100% legit. How do I know? Well my uncle's best friend's son's girlfriend's mother works at Nintendo and Atlus. Get hype :p

Huh, no new games?

Wow. Weird.

Like, man, it's so crazy that it makes it seem not real.

So weird.

Dantis

We'll know for sure next month....hopefully.

Dantis, give me some tips on background coloring in Photoshop?

It depends if your focus is the environment (or the image as a whole) or a person/figure/animal/whatever.

Generally speaking, I lay down all of my base colours first, with the focus being the colour balance. You generally want to have a good seperation between your shadows and midtones, and a huge seperation between shadows and highlights.

I've never actually drawn a background on a cartoon image, so I'm not 100% on how I'd go about it. Maybe I'll try it soon.

It depends if your focus is the environment (or the image as a whole) or a person/figure/animal/whatever.

Generally speaking, I lay down all of my base colours first, with the focus being the colour balance. You generally want to have a good seperation between your shadows and midtones, and a huge seperation between shadows and highlights.

I've never actually drawn a background on a cartoon image, so I'm not 100% on how I'd go about it. Maybe I'll try it soon.

Cheers man. I never realized how different it would be from coloring in characters. Not to mention all the special effects you can add.

Mdesilva

Wait WHOA.

First I see DDS is coming to PSN on Tuesday, which is awesome. Totally in for a share of that.

Then I see P1/P2: IS/P3P are $5 each!!!

Oh my god guys. So much spending required.

Zebetite

Banned

53A73vr.png

The clearest indication that this is fake is that F-Zero GX is listed as a Virtual Console game.

Everybody knows F-Zero doesn't exist anymore! They even replaced the Mute City track in Smash Bros. with Rainbow Road.

Caladrius

My criminally insane grandma told me there was going to be a full P2 remake done in the style of 3/4.

She then proceeded to throw a tomahawk at me.

Yeah we don't talk about the 90's/2000's OVA for part 3. It's bad. Cuts a lot of shit out and chanhes a few things. The current anime is solid so far though.

No, we sometimes talk about it. What we really never talk about is the Phantom Blood movie, which was so legendarily bad that it never got a home release.

Squire

Banned
Would be hilarious if SMT X FE made it out with SMTIV STILL not out in EU.

Wait WHOA.

First I see DDS is coming to PSN on Tuesday, which is awesome. Totally in for a share of that.

Then I see P1/P2: IS/P3P are $5 each!!!

Oh my god guys. So much spending required.

Huh?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom