• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mdesilva

Dat Transistor though.

Anyone else getting that? I probably will.
Actually more excited for that than DDS, and I don't even know much about it. I haven't bought a PS4 yet, but that'll probably happen next month.

Edit: Top of the page two times in a row, this is getting weird 0_o

Cheers man. I never realized how different it would be from coloring in characters. Not to mention all the special effects you can add.

Remember to use a lot of folders so you dont become crazy. Every important object in your background needs a folder (the basic color as Dantis has already said), then you can use different layers to add the shadows or sides of the objects (the clipping masks become really handy for this). Then it depends of what kind
of background you are trying to make. Photoshop effects can become really handy for backgrounds, I use them much more than in the coloring characters.

t8P48iz.png

Completely real leak from Nintendo

Do not tell to anyone, but im working on Seinfeld for wiiU, so thats how I know the list is real :O

Remember to use a lot of folders so you dont become crazy. Every important object in your background needs a folder (the basic color as Dantis has already said), then you can use different layers to add the shadows or sides of the objects (the clipping masks become really handy for this). Then it depends of what kind
of background you are trying to make. Photoshop effects can become really handy for backgrounds, I use them much more than in the coloring characters.

Thanks man. Ill keep it in mind. Do you have a site with all of your artwork?

CorvoSol

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck I'm so fed up with Persona 2 right now.

2 long fucking dungeons back to back. Multiple boss fights in a row. Now quick way of leaving to get new Personas or stock up, no Velvet Room in the dungeon because why would we do that? and to top it all off every fucking thing spamming sudden instant and excessively successful murder spells.

HOLY SWORD HOLY SWORD HOLY SWORD.

Fucking hell.

-Horizon-

Playing P3P impressions:

- Started as male protagonist on normal since this is my first run with P3.
- I am fine with not seeing my character run everywhere on the screen to interact with others.
- Junpei...seems kind of like a jerk (what is up with his character portrait with that evil villain look?! lol). Now with more Vic Minananananana.
- Yukari seems nice though. Mitsuru and Akihiko too. I like their designs.
- Immediately distrustful of Ikutsuki.
- Feels very abrupt to drop me into the "fighting the shadows so come join our group" plot when I compare it to P4G
- Is the VA for Igor different or is it just because of the sound quality or is it just because the game is a couple of years old now?
- I like the look of the Velvet Room here more than the car one in P4G.
- I like the music.
- Who thought it was a good idea for this form of shuffle time? Blank cards and cursed cards which are then flipped over and randomly shuffled around. lol
- Death chased me twice in the first few floors of Tartarus. The last time I was chased was on Floor 9. "Guys follow me!" Nope. Junpei gets stuck at a ledge on that raised platform in a room and Death proceeds to whack him. Crap. Gotta run to the stairs or someplace safe, at least Yukari is still alive. Goes into the room with the stairs and hopes Death has gone someplace else. Nope. Death is waiting in the area outside the room, it can't enter after me but it just waits there lol. Can't use items from here because a KO'd character has an unconscious body and doesn't regain 1 HP like in P4G. Well double crap. I could move on but I feel compelled to have to save Junpei anyway. YOLO. Runs out of stair area. Yukari proceeds to kick the bucket in her tango with Death. I make it to where Junpei is and revive him. All right, gotta play it smart and outmaneuver Death when he comes for me. Feint left, then right. Oh snap, eat my dust Death. Go to where Yukari's body is. Revive her. Run to area with stairs. I am so glad Death was restricted to Treasure chests in P4G now.
- Oh yeah, and it took me a while (until maybe Floor 3) but I discovered I could have used the LR button to rotate the camera. *facepalm*

Thanks man. Ill keep it in mind. Do you have a site with all of your artwork?

Im using now tumblr to upload all my new drawings (although the majority of them Ive already showed you in this thread). My oldwork is or too bad or deep inside some hard drive to find them lol Working on games took a lot of my drawing time so thats why Im now drawing more.
Although I worked on a game were I did specially some backgrounds I can look for them if you want, they were visual novel type of backgrounds that tried to look like if they were from Doraemon.

Here is my tumblr:
http://spridley.tumblr.com/
People seem to like the persona fanart im doing. The F-Zero one didn't get as much love, although you can look in that one for a complicated background (it's the thing that cost me more time to do, trying to emulate it to the ones in the Jetsons).

Can you confirm if the game will actually be funny?

I can confirm that the game is about nothing at least.

Meia

Playing P3P impressions:

- Death chased me twice in the first few floors of Tartarus. The last time I was chased was on Floor 9. "Guys follow me!" Nope. Junpei gets stuck at a ledge on that raised platform in a room and Death proceeds to whack him. Crap. Gotta run to the stairs or someplace safe, at least Yukari is still alive. Goes into the room with the stairs and hopes Death has gone someplace else. Nope. Death is waiting in the area outside the room, it can't enter after me but it just waits there lol. Can't use items from here because a KO'd character has an unconscious body and doesn't regain 1 HP like in P4G. Well double crap. I could move on but I feel compelled to have to save Junpei anyway. YOLO. Runs out of stair area. Yukari proceeds to kick the bucket in her tango with Death. I make it to where Junpei is and revive him. All right, gotta play it smart and outmaneuver Death when he comes for me. Feint left, then right. Oh snap, eat my dust Death. Go to where Yukari's body is. Revive her. Run to area with stairs. I am so glad Death was restricted to Treasure chests in P4G now.

I actually think Death is my favorite element of Tartarus. More than the shadows, his presence(or fear of it) always made the dungeons feel more dangerous. You get to an "accident" floor, and you kind of have a great risk/reward scenario for them, for the me usually finding the exit FAST, then seeing what I could scrounge up while able.

Im using now tumblr to upload all my new drawings (although the majority of them Ive already showed you in this thread). My oldwork is or too bad or deep inside some hard drive to find them lol Working on games took a lot of my drawing time so thats why Im now drawing more.
Although I worked on a game were I did specially some backgrounds I can look for them if you want, they were visual novel type of backgrounds that tried to look like if they were from Doraemon.

Here is my tumblr:
http://spridley.tumblr.com/
People seem to like the persona fanart im doing. The F-Zero one didn't get as much love, although you can look in that one for a complicated background (it's the thing that cost me more time to do, trying to emulate it to the ones in the Jetsons).

Yeah, that would be awesome if you could find those backgrounds. Im actually creating some backgrounds for the same reason (VN).

Ill bookmark your tumblr. Thanks.

-Horizon-

I actually think Death is my favorite element of Tartarus. More than the shadows, his presence(or fear of it) always made the dungeons feel more dangerous. You get to an "accident" floor, and you kind of have a great risk/reward scenario for them, for the me usually finding the exit FAST, then seeing what I could scrounge up while able.

If my party was consolidated into one controllable character, maybe I'd be fine with Death strolling around on a floor. But when one of my party is slower than the rest and gets stuck at a corner...
tumblr_lunt4zCWdg1qa13bs.gif

Meia

If my party was consolidated into one controllable character, maybe I'd be fine with Death strolling around on a floor. But when one of my party is slower than the rest and gets stuck at a corner...
tumblr_lunt4zCWdg1qa13bs.gif

It can be annoying, but you eventually figure out what they can get stuck on and avoid it. I honestly don't have that problem anymore nor even remember it being one, but I can see it.

P4's system of being able to pass through them or them getting stuck behind and it not mattering is a worse system imo.

-Horizon-

It can be annoying, but you eventually figure out what they can get stuck on and avoid it. I honestly don't have that problem anymore nor even remember it being one, but I can see it.

P4's system of being able to pass through them or them getting stuck behind and it not mattering is a worse system imo.

I gotta keep practicing then :)
I haven't been able to get as many player advantages here as in P4G. Shadows react so quick even when I'm behind them. Gotta work on that too I guess.

Sophia

The easiest way to avoid Death is to deliberately split up the party using the square menu. Then pray that Death follows someone other than the protagonist. After that, just book it to the next floor before your teammate dies.

Heh, the
Hot Springs
Minigame in P3 and P3FES was somewhat notorious for the fact that Junpei can usually does get stuck if the player isn't careful.

Meia

I haven't been able to get as many player advantages here as in P4G. Shadows react so quick even when I'm behind them. Gotta work on that too I guess.

Yeah, shadows react differently in both games, but at least on the FES version, a shadow will usually do a 180 spin once you enter a menu. Not sure if they fixed that "bug" in the P3P version, but you may want to give a shot. Shadow coming your way, open a menu, close it, and it should immediately about face.

arue

Just approach them and run to the nearest stairs/platform when they are chasing you. The shadow will turn their back when you're up there.

If there's no platform or stairs nearby, just run until the shadow is off the mini-map. When you return, sometimes it would have its back towards you.

Edit: This works in FES and P3P.

PK Gaming

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck I'm so fed up with Persona 2 right now.

2 long fucking dungeons back to back. Multiple boss fights in a row. Now quick way of leaving to get new Personas or stock up, no Velvet Room in the dungeon because why would we do that? and to top it all off every fucking thing spamming sudden instant and excessively successful murder spells.

HOLY SWORD HOLY SWORD HOLY SWORD.

Fucking hell.

Where are you? And what's your team set up?

-Horizon-

The easiest way to avoid Death is to deliberately split up the party using the square menu. Then pray that Death follows someone other than the protagonist. After that, just book it to the next floor before your teammate dies.

Heh, the
Hot Springs
Minigame in P3 and P3FES was somewhat notorious for the fact that Junpei can usually does get stuck if the player isn't careful.

Yeah, shadows react differently in both games, but at least on the FES version, a shadow will usually do a 180 spin once you enter a menu. Not sure if they fixed that "bug" in the P3P version, but you may want to give a shot. Shadow coming your way, open a menu, close it, and it should immediately about face.

Just approach them and run to the nearest stairs/platform when they are chasing you. The shadow will turn their back when you're up there.

If there's no platform or stairs nearby, just run until the shadow is off the mini-map. When you return, sometimes it would have its back towards you.

Edit: This works in FES and P3P.

I will give these all a try, thanks everyone.

Zebetite

Banned
Playing P3P impressions:
- Who thought it was a good idea for this form of shuffle time? Blank cards and cursed cards which are then flipped over and randomly shuffled around. lol

You can actually reliably tell where each card will end up. Whenever the cards "sweep" off the screen, the first one to leave the screen will be the first one from the left, the second will be the second from the left, etc.

Glad you seem to be enjoying the game!

-Horizon-

You can actually reliably tell where each card will end up. Whenever the cards "sweep" off the screen, the first one to leave the screen will be the first one from the left, the second will be the second from the left, etc.

Glad you seem to be enjoying the game!

Wat...I did not know that, this literally changes everything :O

Caladrius

His social link is the worst written thing in this game

How about "Worst thing in the game, period".

I could have social linked with an actual chimp, ending with a live action cutscene of said chimp defecating on the main character's head and It would have made the chimp more endearing.

-Horizon-

Guess my first impression of Kenji was right then :/
You're not the bro I was looking for.

Forgot to ask:
Is there a time limit for climbing the floors? Like how the dungeons in P4 had to be done by a certain date?

Guess my first impression of Kenji was right then :/
You're not the bro I was looking for.

Forgot to ask:
Is there a time limit for climbing the floors? Like how the dungeons in P4 had to be done by a certain date?

No, but it's highly recommended you go as high as you can before each full moon boss. And there are quests that reward you for doing so.

-Horizon-

No, but it's highly recommended you go as high as you can before each full moon boss. And there are quests that reward you for doing so.

Oh crap, it never occurred to me to pay much attention to that status beneath the date D:
Noob mistakes like this is going to be the end of me in these games.

Oh crap, it never occurred to me to pay much attention to that status beneath the date D:
Noob mistakes like this is going to be the end of me in these games.

The Full Moon bosses are all relatively easy so it's not completely necessary, but it's a good way to go up Tartarus in increments like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom