• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazoinks

That reminds of that Innocent Sin artwork of the PSP remake... Posting scans of magazine covers is allowed, isn't it?

232i5.jpg

I wish there was a bigger version.

I probably find this picture funnier than I should. Tatsuya's just like "Okay guys if I turn around and you're goofing off again, I swear to god Philemon..."

PK Gaming

They're just staying true to the style!

5%28110%29.png

I don't know why, but that Doganroppa game's art bothers me. Especially the faces. Not a fan.

It definitely takes some getting used to, and even then, you probably won't have any appreciation for it if you haven't played any of the games (the character art was designed with the game in mind). I honestly felt the same way at first.

PK could attest to it, but from what I've seen, the DR art style really comes into it's own with DR2. That cast is slick.

Yup! It's so much better it's not even funny; it makes the DR1 sprites look basic by comparison. Also, the artwork from the databook is goddamn gorgeous.

I'd post some of it but... you know, spoilers.

It definitely takes some getting used to, and even then, you probably won't have any appreciation for it if you haven't played any of the games (the character art was designed with the game in mind). I honestly felt the same way at first.
It's the kind of art that puts me off playing the game period. It's off-putting in the literal sense.

Squire

Banned
Podcast done and dusted. Another great one, I think. Personasama is super cool.

Also, he's been trying to register for GAF and hasn't been able to get on, so I gave him the link to the IRC.

Jintor

I feel like skype group calls would be improved with some kind of indicator light to hit if you want to say something but don't want to just cut in on someone else

Dantis

It's the kind of art that puts me off playing the game period. It's off-putting in the literal sense.

I don't like it at all, either, though it didn't stop me playing the game.

The one good thing I'd say about it is that it didn't feel cutesy or sexualised, which is interesting for a modern anime style.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Podcast done and dusted. Another great one, I think. Personasama is super cool.

Also, he's been trying to register for GAF and hasn't been able to get on, so I gave him the link to the IRC.

Really? Huh, I'm pretty sure the Lab Zero guy has an account and it was activated same day. You'd figure that one of the animators on the game wouldn't have trouble.

Squire

Banned
Mhm!

I can't get enough of em ♪

Same here. I don't want the game spoiled for me at all, but I did look at the character designs for SDR2 and they're all so fantastic. I like the professions in the sequel a lot more, too. Photographer, swordsman, etc. it all sounds so damn good. Glad Hinata's not a pipsqueak like Makoto, haha.

The art in the dangan ronpa cutscenes is really strange, but I somewhat like it.
Thee look like sculptures, and then I read an article of the art design of the game and the cutscenes were really done by a sculptor.

Yukiko's is the best, IMO. Josuke's pose is just so stylishly silly.

Also, I'm still fairly certain that Kanji's is supposed to be the Stroheim machine gun pose due to the angle of the elbows, but it's a great image otherwise!

Yea, personally I had the impresion that it was Stroheim's fabulous pose as well.

GERMAN SCIENCE IS THE BEST! (Possibly one of my fav Jojo character)

Possibly the only time in any form of media that makes you go "Yay, Nazis"

Also from the PQ picture, I dont fully see the Teddie/Johnny comarison, but that may be just due to the shadows.

Definitely watch every single episode of the anime, but don't stop there! My personal favourite two parts haven't been animated yet, so read Parts 4-8 of the manga for the best experience!

I use to love the Jojo games as a kid. Can i jump straight into the new anime on crunchyroll or do i have to watch the older series first?

I use to love the Jojo games as a kid. Can i jump straight into the new anime on crunchyroll or do i have to watch the older series first?

You could in theory jump into Stardust Crusaders without any prior knowledge of the franchise, but I'd highly suggest experiencing all 26 episodes of the 2012 Phantom Blood/Battle Tendency anime first, as it adds context and poignancy to certain events and characters in SC that would otherwise be lost to you.

You could in theory jump into Stardust Crusaders without any prior knowledge of the franchise, but I'd highly suggest experiencing all 26 episodes of the 2012 Phantom Blood/Battle Tendency anime first, as it adds context and poignancy to certain events and characters in SC that would otherwise be lost to you.

Awesome, Ill add it to the backlog and get around to it soon.

And we have more info on Shin Megumi Tensei X Fire Emblem

53A73vr.png

The good news is this information is 100% legit. How do I know? Well my uncle's best friend's son's girlfriend's mother works at Nintendo and Atlus. Get hype :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom