• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewlmyc

Maybe if P4U3 ever becomes a thing, the new characters will be from P5

Since the series is successful, I wouldn't mind if the next Arena game was set after P5 and the new characters were from P5 while everyone else got an updated look.

Let's not say things we'll soon regret, Kewl.

I can't help it, he's so handsome. *swoon* In all seriousness, I don't care who it is, a Persona character action game would be awesome.

I wonder how this new look will affect his popularity in Japan, especially since he's voiced by the VA that did Shinji Ikari and Nagito Komaeda.

So, you all know the "MOVIE" section on the PQ site that's grayed-out, right? Well, the "購入ガイド" (Second banner on the bottom of the site) now leads to: http://p-atlus.jp/pq/shopguide/ instead of opening a mini-window. Notice that "MOVIE" is now "SCHOOL."

I'm guessing that the section is going to show what you're able to do in the school, like how the BATTLE and LABYRINTH section show things you can do in battle and the labyrinth.

FluxWaveZ

With the exception of the two Shos and Shadow Labrys the rest are semi-clones. While the mechanical changes effectively make them different characters at high-level play, they're aesthetically almost identical, so I don't really consider them full characters so much as I do variants of the previously existing ones.

I can see the problems with a lot of the potential choices, but you already outlined 4 viable newcomers. While it's not likely to introduce dramatic additions on the level Ultimax is that would effectively double the cast, it still wouldn't take that much reaching to stick one or two other characters in the mix (and of course the obligatory original character) to make enough for a sequel.

In that case, what makes Shadow Junpei, Shadow Yukari, Shadow Ken/Koromaru and Shadow Rise more clone characters than their normal counterparts since they're all newcomers anyways? Either way, I'm not debating whether they're clones or not, I'm saying it's factual that there are more playable antagonists in the game than there are protagonists. That's just fact.

I really don't think 4-5 new characters is enough for a sequel, especially one that would supposedly be a relatively dramatic departure in P4A3. Ultimax works because of the Shadow characters and because now there are 6 total newcomers, but I'm not sure 4-5 would fly for P4A3, especially if they were real minor additions like Marie or Margaret, which probably wouldn't have much narrative relevance unless the story was somehow contrived to be about them.

Caladrius

In that case, what makes Shadow Junpei, Shadow Yukari, Shadow Ken/Koromaru and Shadow Rise more clone characters than their normal counterparts since they're all newcomers anyways? Either way, I'm not debating whether they're clones or not, I'm saying it's factual that there are more playable antagonists in the game than there are protagonists. That's just fact.

I really don't think 4-5 new characters is enough for a sequel, especially one that would supposedly be a relatively dramatic departure in P4A3. Ultimax works because of the Shadow characters and because now there are 6 total newcomers, but I'm not sure 4-5 would fly for P4A3, especially if they were real minor additions like Marie or Margaret, which probably wouldn't have much narrative relevance unless the story was somehow contrived to be about them.

Fair enough.

FluxWaveZ

Since Theo is in, I bet we'll see Marie too.
HEY MARIE, YOUR WEATHER FORCAST DIDNT MENTION ANYTHING ABOUT RED FOG. Fog God my ass.

Maybe... She wasn't mentioned in P4A, though, but I guess she would fit as a special Velvet Room related returning character for Episode P4, like Theo is for Episode P3. There's also P4GA, which pretty much affirms they want to make her relevant to the P4 storyline.

P4G spoilers:
Though, during P4G's epilogue, wasn't there some form of dialogue that made it seem they hadn't met with Marie after the events of P4 until the final epilogue scene?

CorvoSol

So what I'm getting from all this is that after 3 or 4 years or whatever, Koro finally got some fucking pockets?

Moving up in the world, dog, movin' up in the world.

Silky

Banned
Handsome Ken can discipline me

I mean what

Kappa

0Cmnv.png

LX_Theo

Banned
I like Ken's new design (and Koromaru, despite its minimal difference).

It does seem like his puberty fell more in line with a girl's puberty given how tall he is at 13, though.

arue

Ken is such a hottie now. Hopefully people won't hate him so much that he's actually grown up and properly dressed.

Koro in Ken's old jacket makes him look younger.

Shadow Koro's tongue wat

How many slots are their left for introducing any characters? If they reveal the final character to be
Makoto
, the heavens will be greatly thanked. Though it does make sense since they are making 5 Movies, and the first one sold about 23k so he should get in.

How many slots are their left for introducing any characters? If they reveal the final character to be
Makoto
, the heavens will be greatly thanked. Though it does make sense since they are making 5 Movies, and the first one sold about 23k so he should get in.
I really doubt there are any more characters.

FluxWaveZ

How many slots are their left for introducing any characters?

I would not take the character select screen of an incomplete game as final. P4A's character select screen, for example, was expanded as characters were added in. If you want to take the arcade's character select screen as final, though, with the TV screens with static being left for characters that haven't been added, that means there are no more spaces for new characters with the additions of Rise and Ken/Koromaru.

But again, I feel that there is a likely chance of there being at least one last character added to the roster. CP added 7 new characters, I would like to see P4AU match that,

FluxWaveZ

There's more to reveal than just characters. PQ reveals have slowed down too. I wouldn't be surprised if they shifted focus to P4DAN soon.

They won't be doing that for a game that's most likely releasing in October at the earliest. P4U2 promotion just started in late April, which is about when their daily Twitter countdown thing for PQ started, as well as the recap articles for PQ on Japanese websites. I wouldn't say promotion for it necessarily toned down, though, since: the upcoming PSC episode will mainly feature PQ, there have been those public playtests in Japan all over the place for it, the upcoming Persona magazine features PQ on the cover, there are still weekly PQ related updates...

So, just a heads up, the P3 Movie is coming out in a couple of days, who has already pre order it? I gave up on buying it since I'm totally broke right now.

It already came out, didn't it? It was set to release on May 20, and people here have already received their copy.

So, just a heads up, the P3 Movie is coming out in a couple of days, who has already pre order it? I gave up on buying it since I'm totally broke right now.

hehehehehehehHahahahahahahahMWAHAHAHAHAhAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

What did Scrambles say, did he not say you would all bow to Ken one day? Ken is finally here with his hellhound, ready to uphold the laws of the disciplinary committee and dispense indiscriminate justice. The time has come when all will respect the holy naginata of Kenneth Marcelius Amada.

Ps any kind soul willing to make me a shadow Ken avatar? They will be paid with only the finest treasures of the Scrambles Vault

Ken is such a hottie now. Hopefully people won't hate him so much that he's actually grown up and properly dressed.

Koro in Ken's old jacket makes him look younger.

Shadow Koro's tongue wat

He looks like Yukari now and how the flip did he grow so much in 3 years lol.

Nah Kenko is still lame unless he plays a fundamental part in the story.

hehehehehehehHahahahahahahahMWAHAHAHAHAhAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

What did Scrambles say, did he not say you would all bow to Ken one day? Ken is finally here with his hellhound, ready to uphold the laws of the disciplinary committee and dispense indiscriminate justice. The time has come when all will respect the holy naginata of Kenneth Marcelius Amada.

Ps any kind soul willing to make me a shadow Ken avatar? They will be paid with only the finest treasures of the Scrambles Vault

Ask, and you shall receive:

mMDSzMi.png

These Famitsu graphics aren't the best, so keep an eye out when the Ultimax site gets updated-- I'll be ripping that much better art and using it to make avatars! :D

arue

He looks like Yukari now and how the flip did he grow so much in 3 years lol.

Nah Kenko is still lame unless he plays a fundamental part in the story.

I like to call them Kenmaru :p

I also doubt that they will play an important part in the story (like Kanji in P4A), but hey, at least they look better now.

FluxWaveZ

Didn't they mention him in P4A? Seems like they're bringing in everyone who's
alive and canon
into this game.

That still doesn't really explain just what he's doing there, though.

Edit: Oh, missed that other part of the scan. That Ken petting Koromaru animation looks pretty cute. His story portrait looks pretty good.

Ask, and you shall receive:

mMDSzMi.png

These Famitsu graphics aren't the best, so keep an eye out when the Ultimax site gets updated-- I'll be ripping that much better art and using it to make avatars! :D

Thank you Trueself, and now for your reward, the
only
most valuable thimg in my vault: My undying love and gratitude

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom