• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophia

(P4 spoilers)
It's all about his anti-social and nihilistic nature, for me. I tend to gravitate towards villains due to elements like this. He was manipulative, deceptive, arrogant... all that good stuff.

Heh...
I actually find the nihilistic traits to be rather boring. Maybe this is why I don't care if Adachi is added or not. I tend to like antagonists who are closer to the morally grey end of the spectrum.

I made Koromaru avatars if anyone wants them:

9RFhCSf.png
0aoPruj.png

FluxWaveZ

Heh...
I actually find the nihilistic traits to be rather boring. Maybe this is why I don't care if Adachi is added or not. I tend to like antagonists who are closer to the morally grey end of the spectrum.

Sure, though there's a good chance that
Adachi's role in P4AU will be more of an anti-hero than a villain like last time, perhaps putting him closer to that morally grey area you mention.

Sophia

Sure, though there's a good chance that
Adachi's role in P4AU will be more of an anti-hero than a villain like last time, perhaps putting him closer to that morally grey area you mention.

I doubt it. He'll only be more of an anti-hero because the plot demands such of him, not largely because of his character or anything.

FluxWaveZ

I doubt it. He'll only be more of an anti-hero because the plot demands such of him, not largely because of his character or anything.

The former is what I meant, but
you don't believe that he will have also gone through a change of heart after the events of P4? I don't know about that, seeing how he's openly warning the characters to stop doing something that will mess up the world.

Don't really have many details to go on at this point, though. We'll see.

Meia

The former is what I meant, but
you don't believe that he will have also gone through a change of heart after the events of P4? I don't know about that, seeing how he's openly warning the characters to stop doing something that will mess up the world.

Don't really have many details to go on at this point, though. We'll see.

I do believe he's somewhat changed.
They added a fair bit to him with Golden's social link, but the thing that always made me wonder about him was throwing up when he saw Mayumi's body. I mean, you could interpret that as an act, but I strongly doubt it.

Adachi is one of my favourite characters in P4. Really liked his goofy attitude.
Plus, one of the best villains ever!

They added a fair bit to him with Golden's social link, but the thing that always made me wonder about him was throwing up when he saw Mayumi's body. I mean, you could interpret that as an act, but I strongly doubt it.

I was puzzled by that too, but I think it's because when he threw Mayumi into the TV he just thought she would have been trapped there and maybe come back for her later, so the next morning when he saw her dead body he was pretty surprised by it.

Kazzy

He touches upon it, in some form of fashion -
Doing his initial acts through a sheer fit of anger, he doesn't quite grasp the implications of what he's doing. Afterwards, the body turns up. Whether that manifests as pure shock or remorse, I think is open to interpretation.

Whatever the case, he quickly comes to embrace the whole thing.

LX_Theo

Banned
How long can they keep
Adachi
jailed? Do they have any proof against him?

If I remember correctly, the strongest evidence they had against him was information about the killing that only the killer could have known, plus the evidence. I do recall Dojima being pretty confident in what they had on him.

(P4 Spoilers)
Adachi was a better villain than some out of nowhere evil god shadow thing.

Also I wanted to say that mentioning
Adachi in any way shape or form without any spoiler tags over his name is a spoiler itself. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that "unassuming guy" + mysterious spoiler means he has some big secret.

edit: I suppose this is more a message to the last page.

PK Gaming

(P4 spoilers)
It's all about his anti-social and nihilistic nature, for me. I tend to gravitate towards villains due to elements like this. He was manipulative, deceptive, arrogant... all that good stuff.

Super this

Adachi is hands down my favorite Persona villain. The perfect foil to the protagonist.

EDIT: The extra character development he received in Golden was fucking awesome

Lunar15

With Koro and Rise in the game, I think all my bases are covered. This truly is a worthy sequel in my eyes.

Only things left that I'd really want are Makoto and maybe even Fuuka.

I don't dislike Adachi as a character in P4, I just don't really want to see him in this game. Then again, I look at this whole thing as wacky fan-fiction, so sure, why not. If he gets in, he gets in. I won't complain.

With Koro and Rise in the game, I think all my bases are covered. This truly is a worthy sequel in my eyes.

Only things left that I'd really want are Makoto and maybe even Fuuka.

I don't dislike Adachi as a character in P4, I just don't really want to see him in this game. Then again, I look at this whole thing as wacky fan-fiction, so sure, why not. If he gets in, he gets in. I won't complain.

If it was a wacky fanfic we'd have Persona 2 characters

CorvoSol

You want to be careful, after what happened last time someone made a joke like that...

Which is why I'm not making it. I mean, the image lends itself perfectly to it, but it isn't a huge joke, and certainly not funny enough to risk myself for, especially considering the GoT spoiler attached to it.

Is his original voice actor not doing voices anymore?

Ken Amada's VA, Mona Marshall still does work, she was just in Bravely Default.
Along with Junpei's and Yukari's VA (Vic Mignogna and Michelle Ruff), who are still doing work.
So you won't have to worry about them not coming back to reprise their roles either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom