• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

Going to go on a media blackout a week before DR2 drops.

Be sure to avoid the english trailers and the like, since they'll probably show trial gameplay, which would inadvertently cause you to figure who isn't a victim. The Kotaku import review for SRD2 did the same thing; they had images from the first trial, so you could rule out a few characters from being victims for the first case.

The japanese trailer for SDR2 pulled a clever trick, because they used a fictional trial to showcase the gameplay.

Meia

Be sure to avoid the english trailers and the like, since they'll probably show trial gameplay, which would inadvertently cause you to figure who isn't a victim. The Kotaku import review for SRD2 did the same thing; they had images from the first trial, so you could rule out a few characters from being victims for the first case.

The japanese trailer for SDR2 pulled a clever trick, because they used a fictional trial to showcase the gameplay.

A lot of things should do this. Didn't a trailer for AA5 or something have a crime scene that didn't exist in the retail game too?

At any rate, I got super lucky by highlighting something in this discussion but the spoiler was vague as I didn't realize at first we were suddenly talking about danganronpa 2. :p

So, after seeing Theo on those scans, I decided I should play P3P if only for FeMC.

I just started and it feels so nostalgic. The new soundtrack really fits and I'm starting to see some new faces who probably are some of the FeMC Social Links.

Also, moving a cursor around feels kind of like Danganronpa, so I'm ok with that.

Levito

Banned
I'm like a week late BUT...

(Click image for episode link)

Personasama confirmed Skullgirls 2 on this episode, huge get for us. (obvious jokes)

Squire

Banned
Fingers crossed!

Yeah, Hinata is fantastic. Outright one of the best characters in the game (which is rare for a VN protagonist)

He's a massive improvement from Makoto.

I'm so glad to hear you say that, seriously. Not just Makoto was a sort of husk, but because an MC with a personality you can be endeared to is such a rare thing. I really appreciate it when I find one.

Man, I can't wait for that game.

kewlmyc

I'm so glad to hear you say that, seriously. Not just Makoto was a sort of husk, but because an MC with a personality you can be endeared to is such a rare thing. I really appreciate it when I find one.

You'll enjoy it, plus you only have 4 months to go.

PK Gaming

And how! I won't go into to much detail, but as a protagonist, Hinata is pretty much Phoenix Wright level.

I seriously can't wait for the game to release either.

Koromaru art dump, because of the announcement today
koromaru_by_dilly_oh-d41wx2o.jpg

Koromaru_by_Meganii.png

tumblr_m8gv8qibE71qd6x5to1_500.jpg

tumblr_m3ndcndduE1r2wpnmo1_500.png

1392346890730.png

PK Gaming

RNKCMGN.png

This image speaks to me on a spiritual level.

... Shit. Now i'm longing for a variant of Persona 1 that lets you play out the entire school year :(

EDIT: Me and Eikichi are Scorpio bros

CorvoSol

Share a sign with Chie and Shinji, that's pretty cool.

.....and also Bummertsuya and shitty Reiji.

But he adds
like 1 line of dialogue
to the story!
That doesn't make up for the fact that he has nothing to say for 99% of the game and is a worthless party member and shitty negotiator.

Acid08

Banned
Acid08 you weren't kidding around when you said the P1 manga was solid

The additions to the narrative are fantastic; why hasn't this been fully translated

:(
Nice, I'm glad someone else is reading it! Really cool adaptation.

And there's only like one more volume left, we're so close :(

Alright so this is going to sound petty, and I'm sure some of you will think I'm stupid, hell even I think it's stupid, but I need to vent on this.
Everyone here in the the community seems to have a character they dislike, be it Acid's hate of Yosuke or the general opinion of Ken, but I didn't genuinely dislike a character until I remembered a certain one.
So in Persona 4 Yu sometimes hears a conversation or talks to someone on the way to school, this is usually used for plot purposes, and you don''t really pay attention to the background, but right before the scene end, a black-haired students with glasses always runs by. I hate that guy.
So maybe the first time he is late for a club or something, so it's understandable, but it happens every time. Obviously he is not late for school or anything, since everyone seems to be strolling along, and Yu makes it on time every time, but apparently not this guy.
I know Atlus is just reusing the scene, and most people probably don't notice, but I do every time, and he pisses me off so much. You would think he would wake up earlier or run by before the scene ends, but noooo, he has to be the center of attention and let everyone know he has somewhere to go.
Tl;dr: I'm stupid, petty, and I dislike a very minor background character. Sorry

Nice, I'm glad someone else is reading it! Really cool adaptation.

And there's only like one more volume left, we're so close :(

Wait what...I found one that only had volume 1 and a little of volume 2 translated, where is the one you found? For the record, this thing covers both the main Sebec story, and the Snow Queen Quest.

Also Corvo, Reiji is awesome and your opinion is false cuz you dont like P2IS's story you downer raven you. :(

Jintor

Turn-based RPGs already have a difficult time being 'fun to play' to me in any format. Even in P3 and P4 I don't really enjoy the gameplay so much as tolerate it

Alright so this is going to sound petty, and I'm sure some of you will think I'm stupid, hell even I think it's stupid, but I need to vent on this.
Everyone here in the the community seems to have a character they dislike, be it Acid's hate of Yosuke or the general opinion of Ken, but I didn't genuinely dislike a character until I remembered a certain one.
So in Persona 4 Yu sometimes hears a conversation or talks to someone on the way to school, this is usually used for plot purposes, and you don''t really pay attention to the background, but right before the scene end, a black-haired students with glasses always runs by. I hate that guy.
So maybe the first time he is late for a club or something, so it's understandable, but it happens every time. Obviously he is not late for school or anything, since everyone seems to be strolling along, and Yu makes it on time every time, but apparently not this guy.
I know Atlus is just reusing the scene, and most people probably don't notice, but I do every time, and he pisses me off so much. You would think he would wake up earlier or run by before the scene ends, but noooo, he has to be the center of attention and let everyone know he has somewhere to go.
Tl;dr: I'm stupid, petty, and I dislike a very minor background character. Sorry

You aren't the only one who noticed, I nicknamed him loading screen kid since the scene faded to a loading screen when he passed.

MSMrRound

I'll be fine with playing Ken as long as he doesn't say "OH CRAP!"

What do you guys think Ken's position in the student council is?

I'm leaning towards Disciplinary (like P3's Hidetoshi), but then I remembered his arcana is Justice, which is shared by the fabulous Chihiro. So treasurer maybe?

FluxWaveZ

Sucks that it's not Ken's trailer, but I enjoyed this trailer for how it was directed. Pretty cool.

I think Ken/Koromaru would have to be next week, but it seems they've been showing trailers for all of the new and unique P4A characters so far. Rise, Junpei and Yukari for new. Labrys and Sho for Arena relevancy (and new for the latter). I suspect Persona Sho's could be after Ken and Koromaru's.

FluxWaveZ

Interestingly, with the Modes section of the website being added, this might have proved inaccurate for determining how they would go about this. Then again, I suppose "Guide" could have been renamed to "Modes" or something.

Also, I like Sho's story mode portrait now. That crazy smile he was doing in Labrys' trailer might have given a bad first impression, but now that the video shows his expressions and him talking, I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom