• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewlmyc

Not sure if "character episodes" will be a regular thing. People wanted to talk about Brosuke because of how things like the tent scene with Kanji is upsetting to a lot of people.

But hey, maybe it should be a thing.

lol let's have a Ken episode. :p

Moonlight

Banned
That'd actually be sort of neat, as he's probably the most controversial character in P3. Only question is who'd be willing to defend him.

Ganondorf was very well developed in Wind Waker, but in all the other games (Twilight Princess especially) he's super one-dimensional.

Which is why I'm not making it. I mean, the image lends itself perfectly to it, but it isn't a huge joke, and certainly not funny enough to risk myself for, especially considering the GoT spoiler attached to it.

Just to be clear, I wasn't referring to a real-life person. :p

If anyone wants in on the Yosuke podcast, we're recoding it this Saturday at 1 pm PST. Coldman and Ron are going to be on, but we need one or two more panelists if anyone is up for it.

EDIT: To clarify, we're talking about the character and how people feel about the whole homophobic arguement lobbied at him. Not a Yuri interview or anything.
I'm junior and everything but I would love to be on there! I have a couple of different views in Yosuke.

CorvoSol

Ganondorf was very well developed in Wind Waker, but in all the other games (Twilight Princess especially) he's super one-dimensional.

Just to be clear, I wasn't referring to a real-life person. :p

I think I'm just kinda predisposed to think Ganon is slightly more than just "rawr I'm a piggy overlard of darkness!" because his character has come pretty far since the first Zelda, wherein he was exactly that.

He isn't much more than that, though, except in Wind Waker.

Lunar15

Ganon's characterization in other games: "I want to take over Hyrule"

Ganon's characterization in TWW: "I want to take over Hyrule because it has nice wind"

A truly stunning leap in characterization.

I always thought people read way too much into Ganondorf's speech at the end of TWW. I didn't see it as the serious motivational background that people seem to want to see it as--I saw it as the insane after the fact justifications of a man, bitter over his loss, who's had way too much time to think.

Don't forget that TP Ganondorf, more biblical plague than man, was the same exact person, but never humbled by serious loss. He's a psychopath.

Guess Who

Banned
If anyone wants in on the Yosuke podcast, we're recoding it this Saturday at 1 pm PST. Coldman and Ron are going to be on, but we need one or two more panelists if anyone is up for it.

EDIT: To clarify, we're talking about the character and how people feel about the whole homophobic arguement lobbied at him. Not a Yuri interview or anything.

I wanted to be on the last go, and I can still make it. Not sure if the panel's already filled up, though.

FluxWaveZ

1341580285693.jpg
Dog's missing.

FluxWaveZ

Wasn't Theodore in the scan for P4AU? Interesting implications.

Well, it doesn't imply much other than how he's hanging outside of the Velvet Room, for some reason, right?

Having seen the film now, that scene's pretty good. I like the hatred in Junpei's eyes, there.

It's funny how this image ended up meaning absolutely nothing.

I don't think there's any clear indication either way. Well, other than the dog being missing.

FluxWaveZ

For all we know, Ken could be one of the male characters in the back.

He probably is, so I'm not sure what Dantis means by saying it meant nothing. I don't think they would have thrown out random designs for that key image, at least for the characters who are at the center of it, and I don't think Koromaru would have worked for what it was intended to convey.

Dantis

He probably is, so I'm not sure what Dantis means by saying it meant nothing. I don't think they would have thrown out random designs for that key image, at least for the characters who are at the center of it, and I don't think Koromaru would have worked for what it was intended to convey.

What I'm saying is that it meant nothing. There were no clues to be gleaned from it whatsoever.

CorvoSol

Yes, Theodore was in Ultimax scans.

Atlus femc pls

We need a .jpg or something to just post in all Persona threads. Cuz the number of times I see "FeMC pls Atlus" in threads warrants it.

this jpg will of course include that scary figurine face.

FluxWaveZ

What I'm saying is that it meant nothing. There were no clues to be gleaned from it whatsoever.

Oh, of course not. I don't think that was its purpose, either, as it's just a bunch of vague silhouettes, with just 1-3 really obvious characters. It does convey, however, that the Shadow Ops organization is larger than who we know are currently part of it.

LX_Theo

Banned
Yup, the figures are too ambiguous and blob-like to make out anyway. No one can say for certain if the new characters were depicted.

Definitely on purpose, too. Even if they wanted to hide hints in there, its very unlikely new designs were already done for all or any of those characters by the time they made that.

Sophia

Does Yukari's hair ever look the same in any depiction?

I think it's suppose to curl around to the front like that in every image, but depending on the art it's not always obvious. Even Soejima's art goes back and fourth on this, as early art of her doesn't have it curl up that much if at all...

And then of course, whatever company that did the animated cutscenes for Persona 3 originally drew her hair as if it was stupidly thick in the back...

I think it's suppose to curl around to the front like that in every image, but depending on the art it's not always obvious. Even Soejima's art goes back and fourth on this, as early art of her doesn't have it curl up that much if at all...

And then of course, whatever company that did the animated cutscenes for Persona 3 originally drew her hair as if it was stupidly thick in the back...

I like it when it's curled up like that, though it does make her look a lot like Toriumi.

Moonlight

Banned
The way I've always rationalized FeMC as just being in some sort of parallel timeline or something. I mean, the Velvet Room exists between mind and matter, dream and reality, etc. Wouldn't be a push to say that FeMC's universe is just another side of a big universal coin.

FluxWaveZ

I wonder if those who were complaining about Ken's P4AU height were just really small as 13-14 year olds.

That's what I was postulating in the other topic earlier--like, establish that Theo is on his own quest, and bam, you've just officially canonized her. Though unfortunately I doubt they'd do that.

If they're not going to do that with Persona Q, of all games, why would they do that with P4AU?

The way I've always rationalized FeMC as just being in some sort of parallel timeline or something. I mean, the Velvet Room exists between mind and matter, dream and reality, etc. Wouldn't be a push to say that FeMC's universe is just another side of a big universal coin.
That's what I was postulating in the other topic earlier--like, establish that Theo is on his own quest, and bam, you've just officially canonized her. Though unfortunately I doubt they'd do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom