• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

Man, I wish the website was just updated on the English side simultaneously. Wonder what Elizabeth's story bit says here:
精神と物質の狭間にある「ベルベットルーム」の元住人にして、「力を司る者」である、最強無敵のエレベーターガール。自身の“目的”の為に旅する途中、八十稲羽に現れたようだが…

hao chi

Man, I wish the website was just updated on the English side simultaneously. Wonder what Elizabeth's story bit says here:

The Google translation seems pretty legit.

Based on residents in the Between the substance and spirit of the "Velvet Room", and "who is responsible for power", Elevator Girl strongest invincible. Way to travel for the "purpose" of its own, it seems to have appeared in eighty rice feather but ...

I'm making my online title 'eighty rice feather' if possible.

Sophia

Nothing terribly important, I think. As far as I can tell it just says something about her being a resident of the Velvet Room and coming to Inaba for a purpose?

FluxWaveZ

Yeah, it was the latter part I was wondering about. OG Shadow Labrys' story bit actually hints at her being relevant to the P4AU story because of how it says something like "But she should have disappeared...", so I was wondering if this was another case of something like that.

Thanks for the clarifications.

Edit: Translation of the Famitsu article from Shoryuken. Ken and Koromaru are actually "reserve members" of the Shadow Ops, so they usually don't see a lot of action.

I'm like a week late BUT...

)

Thanks for this Levit0 and Slink crew.

So, after seeing Theo on those scans, I decided I should play P3P if only for FeMC.

Im still playing Fes, i doubt i could bring myself to play p3p even though i really would like to do those extra slinks :p

Sho's voice is so annoying. I never thought I'd be annoyed at a JP dub, even Rise is more tolerable to me.

Really? I think his voice is awesome. He sounds like an insane crazy person.

Congrats on becoming a full member.

Am i right in assuming there's 5 new modes outside golden arena mode? Or is it the same situation as the characters(arcade, versus, and options are apparently "new" modes)

arue

Shoryuken article said:
Be ready for a trend of major characters appearances, one after the other.

So there will be more character(s) revealed? Cannot contain hype.

Also, I'm a member now! And thanks Lelouch for reminding me :D

Now despite my earlier comments about PK Gaming calling everyone's waifu a slut (which is still true) I haven't actually played a Persona game.

From what I can tell P4 seems to switch between happy/goofy and serious/dark tones very well which Earthbound also does and I hold that game on a pedestal, so that's a good start.

Sophia

Yeah, it was the latter part I was wondering about. OG Shadow Labrys' story bit actually hints at her being relevant to the P4AU story because of how it says something like "But she should have disappeared...", so I was wondering if this was another case of something like that.

Thanks for the clarifications.

Edit: Translation of the Famitsu article from Shoryuken. Ken and Koromaru are actually "reserve members" of the Shadow Ops, so they usually don't see a lot of action.

Makes sense they're reserve members. Ken's still a kid (not even as old as the rest of SEES was during P3) and Koromaru's a dog.

This may not have any relevance, but at least on the mobile site for P4U2, even though they have the "New Comer" spot for Ken on the characters page, the gray "Coming Soon" spot is still there as well. Maybe they're not done with new characters?

This may not have any relevance, but at least on the mobile site for P4U2, even though they have the "New Comer" spot for Ken on the characters page, the gray "Coming Soon" spot is still there as well. Maybe they're not done with new characters?

Im gonna play devils advocate and assume that spot is for Shadow ken. Would love to be wrong.

Then again even if it is, there are still 2 television spaces on that page, so who knows.

I bet its for Koro :(

kewlmyc

Don't play with my heart.

Everyone's birthdays and more! Spoilers inside:

http://i.imgur.com/cW9QITr.jpg

Chie's birthday is 5 days after mine. Also share sign with her. Thats pretty cool!
Im relived she is most near character and I don't have something like Ken near lol

Alright so this is going to sound petty, and I'm sure some of you will think I'm stupid, hell even I think it's stupid, but I need to vent on this.
Everyone here in the the community seems to have a character they dislike, be it Acid's hate of Yosuke or the general opinion of Ken, but I didn't genuinely dislike a character until I remembered a certain one.
So in Persona 4 Yu sometimes hears a conversation or talks to someone on the way to school, this is usually used for plot purposes, and you don''t really pay attention to the background, but right before the scene end, a black-haired students with glasses always runs by. I hate that guy.
So maybe the first time he is late for a club or something, so it's understandable, but it happens every time. Obviously he is not late for school or anything, since everyone seems to be strolling along, and Yu makes it on time every time, but apparently not this guy.
I know Atlus is just reusing the scene, and most people probably don't notice, but I do every time, and he pisses me off so much. You would think he would wake up earlier or run by before the scene ends, but noooo, he has to be the center of attention and let everyone know he has somewhere to go.
Tl;dr: I'm stupid, petty, and I dislike a very minor background character. Sorry

I noticed, I always thought of it as a recurring joke.

I'm like a week late BUT...

(Click image for episode link)

Personasama confirmed Skullgirls 2 on this episode, huge get for us. (obvious jokes)

This will come handy for my drawing session today. Thanks!

FluxWaveZ

It's there on the desktop version of the website as well, on the second page.

Hard to say either way. I've been expecting at least one more character myself, though. I think we'll know for sure if it means anything when Ken is officially added. If his page incorporates Koromaru and the Shadow Ken page is there as well, but that slot is still there, it probably means something.

Tamanon

Banned
So, Persona Q Famitsu review next week I assume? Or possibly the week after I guess.

With all the exclusive coverage they've been getting, I'm guessing a 37/40.

Setsu00

So apparently, Atlus is now handling Persona 4 Arena in Europe:

"Hey there, I'm afraid I'm not sure why this is. Atlus are dealing with Persona 4 Arena for Europe now, so I'm guessing they have taken it down for some reason, though you will need to check with them for confirmation. Sorry I can't be much more help than that."

This was posted on that weird Persona Europe Facebook page made by Zen.

So apparently, Atlus is now handling Persona 4 Arena in Europe:

This was posted on that weird Persona Europe Facebook page made by Zen.

Zen please, they're probably just posting that so people don't get mad at them.

The day Atlus actually take charge and publish in Europe is the day SMTIV gets released.

Actually, this might just be digital titles only, in which case it makes sense

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
I come bearing a Sho trailer in English! As it turns out, the only thing you need to be the biggest bad guy around is to have puns worse than Teddie's and boy does he have them in spades!

God speed, Atlus USA. Some of the ones he throws even just in this trailer are real head scratchers. Hope you're getting paid the good bucks to figure this stuff out in English~

Setsu00

I come bearing a Sho trailer in English! As it turns out, the only thing you need to be the biggest bad guy around is to have puns worse than Teddie's and boy does he have them in spades!

God speed, Atlus USA. Some of the ones he throws even just in this trailer are real head scratchers. Hope you're getting paid the good bucks to figure this stuff out in English~

「皆を死体にしたい」 - That's painfully lame D:

The Criminal Pundit....

URGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Dantis

Someone tell me that I'm not the only one who thinks that Sho's "I hate friendship and bonds!" is the most awful thing ever.

FluxWaveZ

I'll bet that there are no more unrevealed
non-DLC
characters in Ultimax. The Best Buy ad was pretty clear about six new characters.

I think that description is outdated. Not to say that it was false, but I think it got replaced with a new one that doesn't even mention Rise or Ken for a reason.

Someone tell me that I'm not the only one who thinks that Sho's "I hate friendship and bonds!" is the most awful thing ever.

You're never the only one, but I also don't think it's awful at all. "Friendship is true strength" isn't much better if you're going to criticize that stance.

Dantis

You're never the only one, but I also don't think it's awful at all. "Friendship is true strength" isn't much better if you're going to criticize that stance.

Valid. Fortunately, that isn't quite so on the nose outside of Arena's story with Elizabeth. Which was also extremely bad.

Lunar15

I feel like that's what P4's villain could have been, but then they decided to go a more subtle route.

I mean, P4's villian essentially says the same thing, it's just less obvious.

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
The Criminal Pundit....

URGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I spent like a half hour thinking that up! Aren't you proud of me!? :D

1082cfd3d0669dd8c1306cb576d7ba9e.jpg

Dantis

I feel like that's what P4's villain could have been, but then they decided to go a more subtle route.

I mean, P4's villian essentially says the same thing, it's just less obvious.

I actually don't remember the P4 villain saying that. Sho just feels really lame though. "I'm going to burn everything and everyone because I don't like anything RAAAAAARGH".

Yuck.

I spent like a half hour thinking that up! Aren't you proud of me!? :D

LOL.

I just want Sho and SHO to form an alliance called 2Pun Crew, is that too much to ask?

...I mean thank you very much for translating the trailer as usual o/

Lunar15

I actually don't remember him saying that. Sho just feels really lame. "I'm going to burn everything and everyone because I don't like anything RAAAAAARGH".

Yuck.

LOL.

That's what I'm saying: P4's villian is essentially making the same "friendship is useless" case, he just never outright says it. Any antagonist in this series is essentially going to make that point, since the game's core themes are around building bonds in order to find truth/accept death/whatever P5's themes are.

I'm agreeing with you. When you say it at face value, like Sho is, it obviously sounds a little corny.

Dantis

That's what I'm saying: P4's villian is essentially making the same "friendship is useless" case, he just never outright says it. Any antagonist in this series is essentially going to make that point, since the game's core themes are around building bonds in order to find truth/accept death/whatever P5's themes are.

I'm agreeing with you. When you say it at face value, like Sho is, it obviously sounds a little corny.

I guess, like you say, it's about the presentation.

When does the P4 protagonist say it though? I genuinely don't remember him mentioning friendships or bonds or whatever.

FluxWaveZ

I can't really think of any character in the entire Persona series who based their motivations around isolation and the rejection of social bonds, whether it be protagonist or antagonist.

Closest I can think is, like, P3M #1 Makoto, but that's just apathy.

Edit: Oh, there's also EP Tatsuya, but that's a bit different as well.

Dantis

I can't really think of any character in the entire Persona series who based their motivations around isolation and the rejection of social bonds, whether it be protagonist or antagonist.

Closest I can think is, like, P3M #1 Makoto, but that's just apathy.

That's because it's a really bad motivation. The idea of a character who 'just wants to see the world burn' is such a lazy and nonsensical choice.

I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with a character who's just evil for the sake of being evil, but like everything it has to be done right.

FluxWaveZ

That's because it's a really bad motivation. The idea of a character who 'just wants to see the world burn' is such a lazy and nonsensical choice.

Um, if you say so. In my opinion, it's all about the execution, and there have been antagonists with that goal who have been developed greatly in the past.

kewlmyc

Well, just going off the trailer, he does seem rather simple minded for a villain. I guess that's what SHO is for huh.

Well, just going off the trailer, he does seem rather simple minded for a villain. I guess that's what SHO is for huh.

Yeah, that's my feeling too. Obviously Minazuki has to come into play as well at some point, and we know next to nothing of his motivations other than he may be Malevolent Entity. Sho being set up as a loner and anarchistic character likely makes him a good vessel for the ME, assuming that's in fact what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom