• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

Oh nice are we going to get another discussion about 13 year old boys going? Y'all were so knowledgeable last time, it'll be hard to top.

Huh? My stance was that 13-14 year olds come in a variety of shapes and sizes, and now I'm adding on that it's even more ridiculous to complain about Ken's height when he apparently, factually matches the average 13-14 year old height.

Oh I don't think they will. I just think they should. Big difference.

Fair enough.

Sophia

You sure do love Tvtropes don't you?

It's the easiest way (read: lazy) to explain something without having to go into more extreme detail. :p

But yeah, because of the above tropes and a few others, people often have unrealistic expectations of how a character's height should be.

Acid08

Banned
Huh? My stance was that 13-14 year olds come in a variety of shapes and sizes, and now I'm adding on that it's even more ridiculous to complain about Ken's height when he apparently, factually matches the average 13-14 year old height.
And that's fine, I don't have a dog in this fight. It was just funny how both sides last time tried to advance their notion of what a 13 year old is. As if any of us would know what Japanese 13 year olds are like unless someone was a parent of one or a teacher.

arue

Ken's height would be average among other 13-year-olds. I remember some boys were taller than me when I was 12 and I was 4'11 back then.
I haven't grow taller since then :(

Moonlight

Banned
And that's fine, I don't have a dog in this fight. It was just funny how both sides last time tried to advance their notion of what a 13 year old is. As if any of us would know what Japanese 13 year olds are like unless someone was a parent of one or a teacher.
I actually knew plenty of Japanese 13 year olds. I don't really see how whether or not they actually grew up in Japan makes any difference, though. :p

Setsu00

Celebrating Ken and Koromaru in P4U2:

tumblr_n5zulnod0I1ry8an7o1_1280.png

Bonus: Shadow Ken + Shadow Doggy:

tumblr_n5zulnod0I1ry8an7o2_1280.png

FluxWaveZ

The thing is that average height isn't based around anecdotal evidence, but can be verified through data. Average Japanese teenager height data set.

13-14 year old males are 160-165 cm in height.
Ken Amada's height? A 13 going on 14 year old? 156-158 cm.

I don't think they will, but until the game is out and people have done everything in it, it's probably not 100% safe to write off the possibility as well.

Sure, but as a bonus character, she wouldn't be relevant to the story then, correct? She could be an extra character who is somehow important to the story, but I really doubt it, and that's what I was talking about concerning establishing her as canon.

Ciaobaka

Neo Member
So I understand there is a Persona podcast for GAF here, anyone recommended a good starting episode or should I just start at episode one?

Meia

If they're not going to do that with Persona Q, of all games, why would they do that with P4AU?

We don't know what they're doing with Persona Q, let's be really careful.

EO usually has new classes, even sometimes in post-game content. If the characters are the classes themselves, it's not 100% impossible for her to be part of the post-game content for this.

I don't think they will, but until the game is out and people have done everything in it, it's probably not 100% safe to write off the possibility as well.

Acid08

Banned
I actually knew plenty of Japanese 13 year olds. I don't really see how whether or not they actually grew up in Japan makes any difference, though. :p
As far as the height thing is concerned it would probably matter. Their average height is shorter, yes? So if people are comparing his height to the US average you could come to a different conclusion. Though I don't know how how much variation there is between the average height of 13 year olds around the world.

But that wasn't even the only issue people brought up. Dude just looks super grown up. If you told me that was a 17 year old I wouldn't even think twice about it. Anime™. But it's a stylish fighting game so it's not like they're going to make him a nerd. Personally, I think his design is fine. It fits with the rest of the game.

Dantis

So it seems that the P4 Animation guys did an absolute ton of illustrations for various things. There are loads more than just these, too.

They also designed a swimsuit for Naoto, which I guess they were going to use in the beauty pageant. Probably for the best that they didn't.

Lunar15

Manga is still superior.

I really wish we could get a full translation of that.

Holy shit they used the Yosuke x Yu one for their promotion:

tumblr_m22xveKgWY1qdbrt0.jpg

They really know their fanbase.

A Persona 2 charater
This is Jun:
And I just realized that his birthday is Valentine's day...

Ah, I see. I really wish to play P1 and P2 one day. Also Valentine's day rocks.

So it seems that the P4 Animation guys did an absolute ton of illustrations for various things. There are loads more than just these, too.

The best of those are Yukiko with the Mystery Food X (reminds me of that P4A artwork) and two guys one cabbage.

And of course Yu x Yosuke is canon.

I have never understood the whole Adachi/Cabbage thing, Can someone explain it to me?
Adachi can be found hanging out in the Junes lobby on certain days, and he'll sometimes say he's shopping for cabbage for dinner because he's not paid well enough for something better. Of course, the fanbase latched onto it like fanbases are wont to do and blew it out of proportion, and presumably the animation is paying homage to it. Think Chie's modern overdone obsession with meat but not as extreme.

How many does this make?
Ne8IU8a.png

StYI6ep.png

He looks the same, wow!
Chief Detective of the Inaba Police, Ryotaro Dojima is on the course! He might have been a real golf wiz when he was younger, but with his demanding job and having to raise Nanako, he doesn't get much playing time anymore. So he might be a little rusty, but he will make time to play today. What more can a guy ask for than have fun with his daughter and nephew?

Everyone's most favoritest character comes next.

FluxWaveZ

Just finished watching the Persona 3 Movie.

Loved how they handled Makoto/Minato. So good

Yeah. It's pretty much how I saw him when I played P3, and I love how it's so distinct from how Yu's personality has been formed. Now that I think about it, I remember actually being disappointed when I started P4 immediately after finishing P3FES because of how Yu carried himself and looked so differently to Makoto when the latter was one of my favorite characters ever.

A minor thing, but I really like how awesome P3M made it look when characters use their evokers sometimes.

It's interesting how inconsistent Personas have been represented across Persona media. In P4 The Animation, they're essentially physical extensions of the user, Jojo's style. It's a bit like this in the P4A manga, except the characters fight alongside their Personas as they use them (which is how I always thought it would be like). In P3M, Personas are used more as physical projections, where the user is not physically damaged when their Persona is, but mentally exhausted by their use.

Favorite scene was either the first Tartarus boss or when Yukari conveys her worries by telling Makoto to GTFO before the third full moon mission. Lovely movie; jealous that Japan will be able to experience the sequel in, like, two weeks.

Sophia

I really like the way the Personas were handled in the movie. It's most accurate to the game, and it makes for more interesting fights because they don't completely rely on them all the time.

Ciaobaka

Neo Member
I really like the way the Personas were handled in the movie. It's most accurate to the game, and it makes for more interesting fights because they don't completely rely on them all the time.
The thing that impressed me the most is how accurate the locations are, they are spot on from the game!

Swedesu

The movie is just gorgeous overall, but especially so during the Dark Hour.

Also really liked how they handled Fuuka and her relationship with Natsuki, which makes how it was handled in the game look like a joke in comparison.

Makoto on a bike might have been the cheesiest thing ever tho :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom