• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewlmyc

Good year for fighting games. Rise in P4U and Ike's back in Smash.

Everything's turning up Lunar!

But Smash isn't a fighting game.
original

Lunar15

He has two persona cards, which is interesting.

Also, It always looks like Koro is standing in the same position. Kinda weird.

Setsu00

It probably becuase of no school crest in your drawing, and the enlongated black after the body, but here ken reminds me of Igor's son or something, dressed the same and all lol

You know, that's actually kinda funny. Somewhat at least. When I was drawing the outlines, it kinda escaped my mind that I was actually drawing the Gekkoukan uniform instead of a normal suit which made me realize how wrong Ken's outfit in my picture looks. I was too tired to change that again (just like Ken's ear, by the way - he actually has no ear in that picture), so I just went with lots and lots of shadows.

I guess I should have fixed Ken's outlines in the end, but oh well. At least Koromaru looks nice ;)

Dantis

Have a five minute sketch of FeMC in a hoodie.

Isnt the game being made by the same people who did project diva? If so then it'll be costumes aplenty, that game has like 20 costumes per character.

The team who made Project Diva though, not Project Diva f. I don't know how much difference that makes.

What a cutie

Also, I really enjoy your line art (that's what it's called right?) Dantis

Yes, and thank you! :p

LX_Theo

Banned
Given Ken's onslaught of puberty, what do you all think the chances are his older versions gets recast for either dub of the game?

Setsu00

Given Ken's onslaught of puberty, what do you all think the chances are his older versions gets recast for either dub of the game?

Megumi Ogata already confirmed that she will voice him in P4U2 as well.

I kinda wish they'd recast his English voice though.

kewlmyc

So let's talk about Ken and Koro

---

His spear gives him incredible range

Kala-Nemi has Zio skills

Kala-Nemi has Mediarama (It's a skill!)

Koro can attack enemies from afar

It's far too early to talk about "tiers" and "viability" but at first glance, Ken seems like a versatile character.
Looks complicated, but fun.

FluxWaveZ

Although it's safe to say that the Ultimax official thread will probably have a blatant spoiler warning at the top. :p

Depends. Wouldn't be a problem for courtesy, but there's a limit. P4AU is a sequel to the sequel to Persona 3 and Persona 4, and not expecting spoilers from those games going into it would be ridiculous.

Edit: Lotus Juice is going to be a guest on the upcoming PSC. PV2. Like how Mafia straight up swears. Also, think this is the full segment from PSC #3 where they took out the Persona Q F.O.E.

PK Gaming

Nearly guaranteed

They're keeping Ogata because she has the range (and is a damn good VA) but i'm 90% sure they're going to recast Mona Marshalls. Current Ken is simply out of her voice range.

Well if it makes you feel any better you're literally right before the plot really gets moving lol. And the ending is worth it.

But it sounds like the game isn't for you. I'm impressed you've played for 50 hours considering this post.

50 hours later and NOW the plot will be moving?? LOL

Persona 3's pacing is reaaallllllly weird.

Yup. If I remember correctly, it took about 20 hours for the plot to really take a few steps forward. Then another 10-15 hours around the time you meet Strega. Since then I don't like the pacing of how each month you basically wait to fight a boss and it's so anticlimatic. I wanted more random events where you actually fight outside of tartarus. Speaking of Tartarus?? Wth?? Worse dungeon design ever. I mean Persona 4 wasn't the best but at least I could look forward to a different themed dungeon with little cutscenes interspersed throughout the dungeon.

Caladrius

I would like to propose that the Ultimax OT be 'Persona 4 Arena Ultimax |OT| The Sho must go on!'.

*whacks with a newspaper* BAD DANTIS

Yup. If I remember correctly, it took about 20 hours for the plot to really take a few steps forward. Then another 10-15 hours around the time you meet Strega. Since then I don't like the pacing of how each month you basically wait to fight a boss and it's so anticlimatic. I wanted more random events where you actually fight outside of tartarus. Speaking of Tartarus?? Wth?? Worse dungeon design ever. I mean Persona 4 wasn't the best but at least I could look forward to a different themed dungeon with little cutscenes interspersed throughout the dungeon.

Yeah. The winter ( from October to December) is by far the most boring part of the game story wise. It'll pick up at new years' at the very least. (I hope you have some social links leftover otherwise January is going to be a long-ass month.)

Tartarus makes the game feel a lot more like a roguelike, so the fatigue is understandable. I'm used to murderously long dungeons so it didn't bother me too much.

Squire

Banned
Nearly guaranteed

They're keeping Ogata because she has the range (and is a damn good VA) but i'm 90% sure they're going to recast Mona Marshalls. Current Ken is simply out of her voice range.

Yep. Was just saying this the other day.

Ken looks great. Goddamn. That range, that versatility, only two cards - dude is on the path to be top tier. He's making a comeback with a revengeance!

FluxWaveZ

Well, I listed like that because I think it lends credence to the idea that if Ken goes unchecked he could probably style on you something fierce. Somethings gotta give.

Sure. The fact that he has two cards probably lends credence to his apparent versatility, likely supported by his long range and Koromaru.

Squire

Banned
I play Yukiko, so someone with range without projectiles is great news. Half the reason I would kill for FeMC is her naginata.

I play Kanji and Teddie who are both scumbag-playstyle characters, so naturally I'm going to be maining Da Man for that passive HP and SP recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom