• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

Ken will probably have very low health, maybe even lower than Elizabeth.

Heavily doubt it. I don't think they're going to do a sub-8k HP character again.

As one who plays all of the characters, I like how each P4AU addition looks really awesome to play as. Wonder how difficult it'll be to get the platinum this time around.

abrack08

I play Kanji and Teddie who are both scumbag-playstyle characters, so naturally I'm going to be maining Da Man for that passive HP and SP recovery.

I usually go for fast characters, I main Chie and play Yosuke on occasion. I never really play as anyone else. Ken, Yukari, and Junpei definitely look fun, and Junpei is one of my favorite characters so I'll definitely add him to the mix. I'll probably still main Chie, but it'll be like 60/40 Chie/Junpei (unless I'm just god-awful with him)

I usually go for fast characters, I main Chie and play Yosuke on occasion. I never really play as anyone else. Ken, Yukari, and Junpei definitely look fun, and Junpei is one of my favorite characters so I'll definitely add him to the mix. I'll probably still main Chie, but it'll be like 60/40 Chie/Junpei (unless I'm just god-awful with him)

I really only played with Yosuke, Akihiko, and Yu, but with all the awesome new characters, I really want to play around with everyone in Ultimax.

PK Gaming

I main Kanji, what do mean scumbag? Because he's a grappler?

If Kanji gets a good read, he can steal games because his grabs do stupid damage. Not that I think he's cheap or anything like that, he's just irritating to fight.

That's in there?!

You bet!

175px-JunpeiInstall.jpg

If he gets 10 runs, Victory Cry will activate! Upon activation, his Health and SP will slowly regen, and his bat attacks will have the "clean hit" property (which gives him longer combos, basically).

kewlmyc

If Kanji gets a good read, he can steal games because his grabs do stupid damage. Not that I think he's cheap or anything like that, he's just irritating to fight.

Heh, true. I'm still salty about the Yukiko matchup though.

I'll probably try the following:

Kanji, Junpei, Sho, SHO, and Ken.

Hey guys! Got my account accepted today. I'm hoping that you don't mind a new member in this community, persona is my most beloved franchise after all, we share mutual interests am I right ;P

Thank you!
Yes, I definitely won't and with all of these Persona releases this year (godspeed Atlus) I definitely think that I will be around quite often.

In regular Arena I mained Teddie.

Now that Ultimax is out I'm going to try to main Junpei, because he is still the best Persona character in existance, and secondary Ken because its my duty

alts: Mitsuru, Chie, Teddie

Hey guys! Got my account accepted today. I'm hoping that you don't mind a new member in this community, persona is my most beloved franchise after all, we share mutual interests am I right ;P
Hi there! I'm Scrambles, Marshall o' these parts

Wazzy

Banned
Sup Persona community. I've been playing p4 for the first time and I'm really liking it. Just did Kanji's dungeon and now working on social links.

I also bought p3p so I'll be giving that a shot when I finish 4. I'm glad I'm finally getting into this series and I hope to have a couple games under my belt by the time 5 is out!

Also Kanji is the best. THE BEST.

Style

Banned
I mostly play Yu Narukami. Might make the switch to Ken depending on how difficult he is to play. I will most likely try to play through Golden Arena mode with everyone.

Welcome to you!

Sup Persona community. I've been playing p4 for the first time and I'm really liking it. Just did Kanji's dungeon and now working on social links.

I also bought p3p so I'll be giving that a shot when I finish 4. I'm glad I'm finally getting into this series and I hope to have a couple games under my belt by the time 5 is out!

And welcome to you too!

CorvoSol

PersonaGAF continues to overlap Final Fantasy GAF more and more. Be sure to do the female side of P3P, too, Wazzy!

I main Kanji, what do mean scumbag? Because he's a grappler?

He can do a butt-ton of damage by capitalizing on the opponent's mistakes, and as a result I've actually received a few messages calling me things a might worse than "scumbag" due to pulling victories out of the jowls of defeat ;P

Junpei's my absolute favourite character in the franchise, so I was going to main him no matter what his playstyle was. The fact that he's got some really neat tools is just the icing on the delicious cake of victory.

That's in there?!

Allegedly his HP and SP recovery reaches downright dirty levels once he hits 30 runs. I'm super, super excited for that :D

PK Gaming

It sounds like you've settled into a nice rhythm for P4. Don't hesitate to let us know if you get stuck.

And Kanji is indeed the best™

abrack08

He can do a butt-ton of damage by capitalizing on the opponent's mistakes, and as a result I've actually received a few messages calling me things a might worse than "scumbag" due to pulling victories out of the jowls of defeat ;P

Junpei's my absolute favourite character in the franchise, so I was going to main him no matter what his playstyle was. The fact that he's got some really neat tools is just the icing on the delicious cake of victory.

Allegedly his HP and SP recovery reaches downright dirty levels once he hits 30 runs. I'm super, super excited for that :D

tumblr_inline_mr5aoxqAvO1qz4rgp.jpg

Junpei is my favorite P3 character, Chie P4. Don't know I could choose between them. They're both awesome. If Junpei was in the first Arena, I'd probably play them 50/50, but I'm going to be way better with Chie for a while.

This place seems to be pretty lively, nice meeting you all! My hype for Ultimax isn't as up there as it is for PQ for this year (I suck at fighters, sorry guys) but I did enjoy P4A quite a lot. Sho/SHO and, the true best girl Yukari, for me.

Rise practically had a Shadow in P4A. I don't see why it wouldn't work, she'd just be present in the narrative or even as a navigator.

Unlike P4,they can't fight Shadow Fuuka unless they want to develop a full character with sprites, moveset, etc. I'd they went that far she might as well be playable.

Acid08

Banned
This place seems to be pretty lively, nice meeting you all! My hype for Ultimax isn't as up there as it is for PQ for this year (I suck at fighters, sorry guys) but I did enjoy P4A quite a lot. Sho/SHO and, the true best girl Yukari, for me.
Makoto avy and now this? You're killin' it!

FluxWaveZ

Unlike P4,they can't fight Shadow Fuuka unless they want to develop a full character with sprites, moveset, etc. I'd they went that far she might as well be playable.

I don't understand why she would have to be playable to be present in the story? If they would have to fight her, it could just be done through a story scene, but who knows if that would even have to happen at all.

So they wouldn't fight Shadow Fuuka?

Maybe not. P4A "Shadow" Rise was constantly behind the scenes, so maybe a Shadow Fuuka could act similarly. I'm not saying she'll have a Shadow, though, but it would be out of place for every other Persona user involved in the story to have one except for her.

abrack08

I really would like an evil/mean Navigator. I mean Rise said some pretty dumb stuff ("I think that fumble back there is why you lost"), but it'd be funny to have a straight up shadow/evil character talking shit while you fight.

FluxWaveZ

I really would like an evil/mean Navigator. I mean Rise said some pretty dumb stuff ("I think that fumble back there is why you lost"), but it'd be funny to have a straight up shadow/evil character talking shit while you fight.

It's one of the things I thought P4A was lacking, next to stuff like I'll Face Myself -Battle- as a mirror theme, Shadow character eyes as glasses and an Abyss mode. Shadow Labrys would have been it, but I really thought she should have been a navigator or at least a round call announcer. A bunch of the issues I had with P4A have been addressed, so hopefully this one will be as well.

A navigator who talks mess about both the player and their opponent would be great.

Menome

Bloody hell. Just tried out some Persona 4 Arena for the first time and I was getting annihilated just by the training dummy. I'm a Tekken man, so going from that to something where there's so much going on screen that I can't follow it is quite a shock.

Looks like I'll be setting it on Easy for Story mode!

Kanra

Hi Persona fans! I'm new around here and plan on joining in on the fun in this community. I'm a big Persona/Megami fan and Persona 4 is my favorite game of the series.

abrack08

Bloody hell. Just tried out some Persona 4 Arena for the first time and I was getting annihilated just by the training dummy. I'm a Tekken man, so going from that to something where there's so much going on screen that I can't follow it is quite a shock.

P4A is the first/only fighting game I've put any time or effort into that isn't Smash Bros. or Playstation All-Stars. It was quite a shock. I did the tutorial like 6 times and still didn't understand anything until my friend who was already decent at the game started to give me tips when we fought. I laugh when I see people say it's one of the easiest/most accessible fighting games for newbies... Not because it's not true (it probably is, I wouldn't know), but it was so difficult for me at first. If this fighting game is one of the easiest for newbies, I'd hate to play the hardest

Story Mode doesn't have a difficulty setting, but's it really easy. You can just hit square repeatedly to auto-combo and win. Good luck though, it's worth to put the time in to learn the game because it's so much fun!

Guess Who

Banned
I figured out P4A enough that I can get through Chie and Akihiko's arcade modes on hard, and I don't know jack about any other fighting games (besides Smash Bros, if that counts). I don't think it's that difficult, just takes practice.

Acid08

Banned
P4A is the first/only fighting game I've put any time or effort into that isn't Smash Bros. or Playstation All-Stars. It was quite a shock. I did the tutorial like 6 times and still didn't understand anything until my friend who was already decent at the game started to give me tips when we fought. I laugh when I see people say it's one of the easiest/most accessible fighting games for newbies... Not because it's not true (it probably is, I wouldn't know), but it was so difficult for me at first. If this fighting game is one of the easiest for newbies, I'd hate to play the hardest
Sounds like you're ready for Third Strike.

I figured out P4A enough that I can get through Chie and Akihiko's arcade modes on hard, and I don't know jack about any other fighting games (besides Smash Bros, if that counts). I don't think it's that difficult, just takes practice.

I got all the way to Yu Cheaterkami with Yosuke in score attack, but then he just shut me down hard haha.

Style

Banned
The navigator in Persona 5 should be a former thug from a rough neighborhood who is so fazed by the protagonist's righteousness that he becomes your best and most loyal friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom