• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
My main in P4A is Yosuke because he is my favorite character from P4 (I really love his tornado move), but I also think I'm kinda good with Aigis and Yukiko. My main in P4AU will be Yukari because she is my favorite character from P3 and the best waifu of all time. (Plus, I really like Garu/Wind types of attack.)

I main Naoto in P4A, and I think I'll keep doing that in P4AU. It's going to be interesting to have Blight on the moveset. Regardless, I will try out every new character, specially Rise, Ken and Sho (without Persona).

Oh, and welcome to all the new people! :D

Bloody hell. Just tried out some Persona 4 Arena for the first time and I was getting annihilated just by the training dummy. I'm a Tekken man, so going from that to something where there's so much going on screen that I can't follow it is quite a shock.

Looks like I'll be setting it on Easy for Story mode!

You're my bro.

Menome

You're my bro.

Tekken 2 was one of the games that came bundled with my Playstation back in 1996 and I've grown up with the series ever since. Nothing else has ever come close to capturing my fighting-game heart!

But yes, *ahem*...Persona. I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually, I'm just used to a small aura-effect at the point of impact as opposed to Teddie riding across the screen on a large missile whilst a bunch of other background animations go off at the same time. :p

Makoto avy and now this? You're killin' it!

It is the truth and truth only, seconded by none so far. They better follow that route on the movies too, or else... The ship does seem to be sailing that way though, and I loved how accurate of a representation of the game it was, exceeded my expectations even. Gotta wait until Aegis enters the fray now.

I'm seriously in flux right now between whether I should spend the spare $10 in credit lying around on my account on Nocturne, DDS or the Persona 2 duology. Dear god, someone choose for me, because I'm almost incapable of making a decision despite the fact it's ultimately going to be irrelevant since I have the money to get them all anyway.

I mean, it's an issue of not growing my backlog any larger than it needs to be. I've lost track inbetween the amount of things on my Steam library and PS+ and the number's only growing in between Steam sales and IGC.

Caladrius

I'm seriously in flux right now between whether I should spend the spare $10 in credit lying around on my account on Nocturne, DDS or the Persona 2 duology. Dear god, someone choose for me, because I'm almost incapable of making a decision despite the fact it's ultimately going to be irrelevant since I have the money to get them all anyway.

I mean, it's an issue of not growing my backlog any larger than it needs to be. I've lost track inbetween the amount of things on my Steam library and PS+ and the number's only growing in between Steam sales and IGC.

Nocturne is the longest, if it helps any.

Hi Persona fans! I'm new around here and plan on joining in on the fun in this community. I'm a big Persona/Megami fan and Persona 4 is my favorite game of the series.

This place seems to be pretty lively, nice meeting you all! My hype for Ultimax isn't as up there as it is for PQ for this year (I suck at fighters, sorry guys) but I did enjoy P4A quite a lot. Sho/SHO and, the true best girl Yukari, for me.

Welcome to the Purse Owner club.

Give me your coach bags or the waifu gets it.

Wazzy

Banned
Yeah. Troy Baker's fantastic performance also helps, he really nailed the character.
Yeah he did a phenomenal job!
And welcome to you too!
Thanks!
PersonaGAF continues to overlap Final Fantasy GAF more and more. Be sure to do the female side of P3P, too, Wazzy!
Yeahhhhhhhhhhh FF represent. :D

I was actually thinking of starting as the female. :p Is there a big differences if I don't start as the male?
It sounds like you've settled into a nice rhythm for P4. Don't hesitate to let us know if you get stuck.

And Kanji is indeed the best™
I'm definitely getting the hang of the game. The fusing put me off at first but now that I've tried it a few times I understand it better.

There might not be a nav.

Yeah, I suppose it depends if from now onwards they really want to make them some stapples for the series or leave some of them only for the p3/P4 series being their own thing.

BTW As Igor's japanese voice actor died, what do people think? Going to dissapear or still be in the series with a new voice actor?
It would be a pity if they don't use him gain with the velvet room becuase he is a really important part of Persona.

Caladrius

Thanks!

I was actually thinking of starting as the female. :p Is there a big differences if I don't start as the male?

I'm definitely getting the hang of the game. The fusing put me off at first but now that I've tried it a few times I understand it better.

Whoops, I was scanning real quick so I didn't see you. Welcome to PersonaGAF!

Are you playing vanilla or Golden?

Shadow Fuuka:
tumblr_n61suewHp11tt73w0o1_1280.png

Style

Banned

Thanks!

Yep, I recently discovered the Final Fantasy community thread too. I guess the fan bases of the two series overlap slightly.

As for the question on the female protagonist, choosing the female protagonist gives you a different set of social links to choose from during the game. The male protagonist can only social link female party members for some reason. With the female protagonist you have the option to social link every party member (like in Persona 4). So you essentially sacrifice some of the side story social links to gain access to story related ones. She also have the better music.

Wazzy

Banned
Yep, I recently discovered the Final Fantasy community thread too. I guess the fan bases of the two series overlap slightly.

As for the question on the female protagonist, choosing the female protagonist gives you a different set of social links to choose from during the game. The male protagonist can only social link female party members for some reason. With the female protagonist you have the option to social link every party member (like in Persona 4). So you essentially sacrifice some of the side story social links to gain access to story related ones. She also have the better music.

Ooooooh okay so I guess starting with the female is better. Thanks for the info!

Squire

Banned
Yeah, I suppose it depends if from now onwards they really want to make them some stapples for the series or leave some of them only for the p3/P4 series being their own thing.

BTW As Igor's japanese voice actor died, what do people think? Going to dissapear or still be in the series with a new voice actor?
It would be a pity if they don't use him gain with the velvet room becuase he is a really important part of Persona.

I hope people are getting used to Marie.

Squire

Banned
The reason that this wouldn't surprise me is that it would be very 'modern Persona' to replace the old and ugly man with a pretty girl.

You're point would be stronger if the original guy wasn't in the ground. As of now, this just reads like another cheap shot.

Dantis

You're point would be stronger if the original guy wasn't in the ground. As of now, this just reads like another cheap shot.

I actually don't understand what you mean. It would be a more realistic thing to say if the guy who played Igor wasn't dead?

Either way, it's not a cheap shot, I'm completely serious. If it's not a pretty girl it'll be a handsome guy.

People like attractive people, and Persona is made up of attractive people.

CorvoSol

Girl has a different soundtrack, different social links (including ones with the whole party!) and a different personality from the boy. FWIW, I did both at the same time (and I still feel that's the right way to do it, side by side).

Squire

Banned
I actually don't understand what you mean. It would be a more realistic thing to say if the guy who played Igor wasn't dead?

Either way, it's not a cheap shot, I'm completely serious. If it's not a pretty girl it'll be a handsome guy.

People like attractive people, and Persona is made up of attractive people.

I'm saying they wouldn't be replacing Igor at all if they did not need to. They need to, so they are. Because someone died, not because Marie is pretty, pretty people sell, or any other cynical idea you mean to insinuate.

You read kinda cunt-ish in that post, mate.

Dantis

I'm saying they wouldn't be replacing Igor at all if they did not need to. They need to, so they are. Because someone died, not because Marie is pretty, pretty people sell, or any other cynical idea you mean to insinuate.

You read kinda cunt-ish in that post, mate.

LOL.

CorvoSol

I expect Margaret to take over for him. She already did in P4A, so I expect in P5 Margaret will be in Igor's job and she will have an assistant of her own.

Squire

Banned
When someone calls you a cunt for suggesting that Persona games like to feature attractive people, it is truly a little hilarious, yes. :p

"HOW DARE YOU!"

*Ron stomps his feet*

I think you and I both know you're just continuing your closeted, self-loathing anime fan schtick in that post.

It was pretty rude either way. I mean "modern Persona"? Yeah, how dare you? His actor died. That's the reason and reason enough.

cj_iwakura

I think you and I both know you're just continuing your closeted, self-loathing anime fan schtick in that post.

It was pretty rude either way. I mean "modern Persona"? Yeah, how dare you? His actor died. That's the reason and reason enough.

Well, you've been pretty caustic as of late yourself.

Ooooooh okay so I guess starting with the female is better. Thanks for the info!

fyi, the male one is the canon one, so I would recommend doing his first. You haven't played P3 if you haven't hung out with your bro Kenji a few times.

edit: if they don't use Igor they probably won't choose Margaret or Marie. Kind of like how they didn't use Elizabeth in P4.

fyi, the male one is the canon one, so I would recommend doing his first. You haven't played P3 if you haven't hung out with your bro Kenji a few times.
It's only canon in the greater sense to Arena and a throwaway line in P4, so I don't think that should really influence whichever someone chooses.

Just don't understand the constant insults (passive and blatant) to a series you claim you like.
Chill out, take a breather. You kind of just exploded out of nowhere.

Acid08

Banned
It's only canon in the greater sense to Arena and a throwaway line in P4, so I don't think that should really influence whichever someone chooses.
PQ as well. For the sake of consistency it should be a consideration imo. All depends how much interest you have outside of the main games, I guess.

Will throw my usual P3 suggestion out, play FES first.

cjkeats

Erin Fitzgerald is in my town for a con. I have to work the whole weekend even though I requested it off, but I'm hoping to make it down there to get my Chie figure or copy of Bravely Default signed and have a yarn with her after work one day.

If I had the weekend off I was gonna plan out SLink.FM's first video interview, but alas, real life got in the way.

She's been tweeting pictures of her around town and it's entertaining to see people experience this place. Someone at the con gave her a homemade Teddie necklace. And here I thought I was the only one in the province to have played Persona.

You're also forgetting The Answer, which wouldn't work without the MC being Male. (Spoilers)
Though I suppose it would work if you switched some of the roles? I also haven't seen how Aigis' reacts with the female MC, but I feel like the romantic aspect of their relationship would be lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom