• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewlmyc

She had a panel at Scifiontherock that keats attended, and she said Ultimax is finished recording, while they're almost finished recording PQ.

Yeah, I saw, but are they allowed to go into detail about stuff not yet released? It's cool mentioning stuff about it being almost done, but any specifics about the role are usually hush hush until release.

Levito

Banned
Yeah, I saw, but are they allowed to go into detail about stuff not yet released? It's cool mentioning stuff about it being almost done, but any specifics about the role are usually hush hush until release.

Who knows, we don't really ask voice actors for plot details or anything along those llines so I don't think it makes a difference.

Mdesilva

DR's dub is fine :mad:

I just started playing VLR and that actually seems like a questionable dub.
What.

Dude. It has Phi. Phi. The BEST. Leagues better than DanganRonpa's dub, and that's saying something.
Erin said she'd just come back on the podcast.

Going to work out a time, since it's a returning guest we should get a couple new faces in that might want a word. If you're interested send me a PM.
Oh man, that sounds awesome. I may be interested… it depends on time. Don't reserve a spot for me though.

Gotta agree with those putting in a good word for VLR;s dub. I too think it was sublime, I was so immersed by the whole thing. Danganronpa's dub wasn't bad either, but VLR takes the crown here.

Kinda blows my mind that she voices Ken and Chidori, while also voicing Wendy Testaburger and several others on South Park.

Not even her best roles.

tumblr_lghnut8mwS1qebyo7o1_500.gif

She is a good actress but her Ken was baaaaaaaaaaad

I liked them both. Ken sounded like a precocious twat, which was his character to a tee. Chidori was... Chidori, I dunno, I didn't care much for her character but the voice was pretty good.

hey Levito get Mona on the podcast :V

Sorry guys, just spoiler tagged it.

Oh damn, this is looking good.

Thanks man, i was learning about facial expressions today and thought id give it a try. Did my best to make him look extra crazy :)

Are you trying to say
Adachi
is not cute, lulu? I'll have you know that
Adachi
is da bess Persona girl.

Did you see the
catsuit Adachi
that i posted :p

Definitely the best girl.

Sophia

Sorry guys, just spoiler tagged it.

Please try and be more considerate in the future. If I recall correctly, this isn't the first time you've accidentally failed to spoiler tag stuff too.

Especially if they're responses to people :p It just looks weird.

But I agree, her Chidori was pretty good FWIW. Not such a fan of the character, but the voice fit.

I don't think her performance as Ken or Chidori was exceptional, to be honest. Not bad, but it felt a little off in both cases.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Well, second attempt.
Break the cycle one time. But can't stop the regen. Ugh.

I think I'm under leveled for Hard of this fight. :/

Yosuke - 40
Garula
Magarula
Dia
Auto-Sukukaja
Trafuri
Tentarafoo
Dekaja
Power Slash

Chie - 36
Ice boost
Auto-Tarukaja
Bufula
Skull Cracker
Revolution
Mabufu
Rampage
Counter

Yukiko - 29
Dia
Amrita
Recarm
Maragi
Media
Agilao
Mudo
Divine Grace

Rise - 40
Analyze

Kanji - 37
Mazio
Zionga
Rakukaja
Kill Rush
Regenerate 1
Elec Boost
Fatal End

Teddie - 41
Mediarama
Bufula
Energy Shower
Poison Skewer
Re Patra
Auto-Rakukaja
Ice Boost
Mabufula

Seta - 41

Gorgon - 39
Bufula
Me Patra
Zionga
Megido
Enduring Soul
Victory Cry
Crazy Chain
Ice Boost

Nigi Mitama - 27
Diarama
Invigorate 2
Re Patra
Bufula
Spirit Drain
Enduring Soul
Victory Cry
Recarm

Sylph - 15
Garu
Sukukaja
Magaru
SPirit Drain
Enduring Soul
Victory Cry
Regenerate 1
Media

Ares - 29
Gale Slash
Counter
Rakukaja
Dodge Wind
Rampage
Dekaja

High Pixie - 22
Mazio
Sukukaja
Me Patra

Hua Po - 30
Agilao
Rakukaja
Re Patra
Red Wall
Fire Break
Makajam
Dodge Ice
Fire Boost

Black Frost - 43
Agidyne
Bufula
Mind Charge
Victory Cry
Enduring Soul
Megido
Auto-Rakukaja
---
I think I'm screwed. :/

I don't think I can relearn buff skills for the party in the dungeons.

TheSeks

Whattttt. You're not using Yukiko? She's arguably the best party member.

#TeamBrosBeforeHoes

I honestly haven't touched her since like
after Kanji
Kanji replaced her as I needed Chie (ugh) for the
extra bosses in the first two dungeons
otherwise Chie would've probably been dropped. Then Teddie replaced them both.

#TeamBrosBeforeHoes

after Kanji

Well, I'd recommend switching Teddie for Yukiko. As I said, Yukiko is widely considered the best party member, and Teddie the worst. They both fill the same role in battles, but Yukiko has better magic and skills. Chie and Kanji fill the same physical attacker role in battle, too. Chie is better with random encounters because her physical skills attack multiple targets, while Kanji is better for bosses because his skills attack one enemy and he has a higher strength stat.

Caladrius

#TeamBrosBeforeHoes

after Kanji

The party should probably be at least the low 40's.

Yukiko is generally recommended because she's the strongest magic user in the game. Teddie comes unto his own as a stellar support member in the late game though. He has nearly all of the buff/debuff spells and gets his best healing skills earlier, but still pales in damage output the whole way through, so he's never your primary attacker. Your final party member also does less damage than Yukiko, but makes up for that by being able to do virtually fucking everything.

Ideally you'd have Kanji and Yukiko as your primary damage dealers alongside Yu pulling triple duty as the Tarukaja and Tarunda support/ Barrier breaker/ Backup healer, with your choice of a fourth party member.

Well, I'd recommend switching Teddie for Yukiko. As I said, Yukiko is widely considered the best party member, and Teddie the worst.

Didn't know that. I replaced Yukiko for Teddie and I liked his skills a lot. My final party was Yu, Teddie, Kanji and Naoto. Next time I'll develop Yukiko better.

TheSeks

If you ain't using Yukiko you fucked up, especially on Hard. Best healer in the game easily and her Agidyne is beastly.

Nah. Chie surprisingly showed some worth so far with that Physical 3x skill and counter. Her countering
Shadow Teddie
's Heat Wave to kill them at the end of the battle at least gave me some appreciation for her
she's still terrible

Guess Who

Banned
Nah. Chie surprisingly showed some worth so far with that Physical 3x skill and counter. Her countering
Shadow Teddie
's Heat Wave to kill them at the end of the battle at least gave me some appreciation for her
she's still terrible

Chie gets pretty great late game with Power Charge + God's Hand, but she's way less essential.

PK Gaming

Well, I'd recommend switching Teddie for Yukiko. As I said, Yukiko is widely considered the best party member, and Teddie the worst. They both fill the same role in battles, but Yukiko has better magic and skills. Chie and Kanji fill the same physical attacker role in battle, too. Chie is better with random encounters because her physical skills attack multiple targets, while Kanji is better for bosses because his skills attack one enemy and he has a higher strength stat.

...What? Since when?!? Teddie is arguably the most versatile party member in the game after the protagonist. He is the undisputed best source for buffs after the protagonist. He is the second best healer in the game and his good magic stat makes him a good backup attacker.

The argument that he's made redundant by Yukiko is completely absurd. The 2 characters work very well together; not only does Teddie resist her weakness, and his access to healing takes the pressure off Yukiko (IE, you run into situations where healing is needed and Yukiko's has already been used) but he is capable of focusing on his buffs due to Yukiko's access to healing. Teddie is a very solid character.

Seks, just run with Yosuke, Kanji and Teddie. Mind Charge / Agidyne spam with protag, Yosuke is on support (items, backup offense, etc), Kanji should spam Fatal End (I don't know why you were using Zionga, Kanji is a physical attacker) and heal with Teddie when needed. Grinding won't get you any stronger; you need to overcome Mitsuo with strategy.

PS: Don't bother with Yukiko now. She learns Mediarama at level 43, so it's simply out of your reach for now. Have her catch up in the next dungeon. You definitely fucked up when you dropped her for Kanji. Kanji/Chie is a redundant combination, you should have focused on one of them.

...What? Since when?!? Teddie is arguably the most versatile party member in the game after the protagonist. He is the undisputed best source for buffs after the protagonist. He is the second best healer in the game and his good magic stat makes him a good backup attacker.

The argument that he's made redundant by Yukiko is completely absurd. The 2 characters work very well together; not only does Teddie resist her weakness, and his access to healing takes the pressure off Yukiko (IE, you run into situations where healing is needed and Yukiko's has already been used) but he is capable of focusing on his buffs due to Yukiko's access to healing. Teddie is a very solid character.

Seks, just run with Yosuke, Kanji and Teddie. Mind Charge / Agidyne spam with protag, Yosuke is on support (items, backup offense, etc), Kanji should spam Fatal End (I don't know why you were using Zionga, Kanji is a physical attacker) and heal with Teddie when needed. Grinding won't get you any stronger; you need to overcome Mitsuo with strategy.

PS: Don't bother with Yukiko now. She learns Mediarama at level 43, so it's simply out of your reach for now. Have her catch up in the next dungeon. You definitely fucked up when you dropped her for Kanji.

For me, it comes down to this:

Teddie Pros:
Buffs

Yukiko Pros
Best healer
Best damage output of any party member

Kanji, Chie, Yosuke and Rise have buffs too, MC can get Debilitate, so I don't see Teddie's use.

IMO, the best party will have one of each
Healer (Yukiko / Teddie)
Physical (Chie for random / Kanji for bosses)
Utility (Naoto for random / Yosuke for bosses)

Teddie is arguably the most versatile party member in the game after the protagonist. He is the undisputed best source for buffs after the protagonist. He is the second best healer in the game and his good magic stat makes him a good backup attacker.

I agree with this. Even with the great set of buffs and healing skills, he could deal a lot of damage with Bufudyne + Ice Amp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom