• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedGraveXIII

Neo Member
Wow I'm really glad this is happening, it's great to see everyone come together like this~
So umm what's all required to qualify for voicework in this project? Seeing as how this is a just for fun project I'm sort of considering pitching in if I can.

ええ考えやな!そうしようで!

"Ya I thought yeah! Let it!"

Yes thought Weir! So in trying to! According to Bing

Also, some of Flux's dialogue should be his own unique translations like from Ken's trailer.

PS Flux, make more of those. Fucking hilarious.

I'm available, what time would constitute throughout the day though? Remember I'm English.

Also, damn! You picked the first busy world cup day? And the day when England play their first game? Luckily the match doesnt kick off until 11pm over here.

PS. Did you see mine and bruce's VS card that I made?

Cards were awesome! I can always put that up before your match if you want.

And I'm in PST, so maybe something like noon or something in my time, and just going and hopefully completing that day.

Cards were awesome! I can always put that up before your match if you want.

And I'm in PST, so maybe something like noon or something in my time, and just going and hopefully completing that day.

That works pretty well actually, PST is -8 to me so Noon your time is 8pm here.

And yeah use it how ya like, also if anyone else wants on doing let me know, I kept the blank template I made so it wont take very long for me to make new ones up.

Willsmith1991

Neo Member
Guys, if i'm gonna be WILL SMITH, then can i be an npc that hands out a hard/long quest which rewards the armour: MIB suit =)

It raises your SWAG level to max to start certain social links

Kazzy

irHt51E.png

Characters a staff updated. :)

Left out of yet another community shindig :(

Forever a bridesmaid...

Nimby

Banned
Does anyone else have frequent dreams about Persona?

Last night I had a pretty crazy intense dream about shadows. They looked a lot like the heartless of Kingdom Hearts, and the only instinct they had was to latch onto the victims throat and choke them to death. I managed to thwart the shadows several times, even managed to infiltrate their main headquarters with Teddie in his Alice costume helping me along the way.

But then the shadows just randomly stopped, and I entered a racing championship :|

Dantis

Last night I had a pretty crazy intense dream about shadows. They looked a lot like the heartless of Kingdom Hearts, and the only instinct they had was to latch onto the victims throat and choke them to death. I managed to thwart the shadows several times, even managed to infiltrate their main headquarters with Teddie in his Alice costume helping me along the way.

But then the shadows just randomly stopped, and I entered a racing championship :|

What's the source for your avatar? Looks really well drawn.

Nachos

Left out of yet another community shindig :(

Forever a bridesmaid...
As far as I know, the project's still taking people. That's all up to Lelouch's discretion, obviously, but I think there should be room for the hakase.

Ladies and gentlemen, the plot of Persona 5.

arue

I'm surprised that this PGAF RPG is a thing now.

If it is, I want to change my character because I was half joking when I made that post. I still want to be a character that gives impossible quests, but not as an annoying person.

Anyway, I won't have internet for a week because I just moved house (I'm using my phone's data plan now), so good luck guys!

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
In regards to PQ, i cant allow myself to get hyped. Im actually avoiding the new videos and info all together. This is one of the perks of living in the UK :/

Doesn't apply. Another British SMT fan here, and I giggled like a giddy school girl when I saw the first PQ trailer.

I'm going to the states in July/August - plan is to pick up a US 3DS and a copy of SMT IV, and to then import PQ when it comes out!

Also, def going to import Dancing All Night, because there's no way in hell that that'll ever come out in Europe.

Persona Kart?

PersonaGAF the RPG is an interesting development to say the least. If there's a FeMC faction I hope to be the head of it.

WHAT DID PERSONA 2 DO TO THE EMPLOYEES AT ATLUS??

I lol'd.

Lose them money. Despite that, pretend it was me saying that, because that makes sense right?

Just to let you guys know, from June 13-23 I'll be away in Europe without any internet connection whatsoever, so I won't be able to help program the PGAF RPG during that time.

To alleviate any concerns that some of you may be having, i'll address some key issues here.

As someone that briefly played around with rpgmaker many years ago back in college, I can tell you that anyone on this forum can use that program with EASE. It requires no programming knowledge, and most things are drag and drop. The engine is loaded with a shit ton of pre backgrounds, sprites, sound effects, music etc. However, if you do have some programming knowledge, and other skills(art, music, etc), it will set the game apart from other fan projects.

In regards to the character roster being to big. The current roster could be implemented into the game within 5 minutes effectively (sprites, animation, poses, battle abilities etc). Its that easy. Problems would only arise if you really wanted to go all out and have a persona like portrait for each character when they speak.

Personally, i dont think this project seems ambitious at all. Then again, that's only because i know what to expect.

Making a game will not take hours and hours of work every single day for a year. In fact, you could spend 15-20 minutes in 4 days out of the 7 days and get a pretty good project put together within a month or so.

Id encourage most of you to look into the engine and see how it operates. (Youtube etc)

May I ask what language you're able to program in RPG Maker? I'll need to look at a reference book beforehand.

Also, how do we want combat to be? Do we want it overhead tactical strategy type (which would allow for battle situations like running your characters at the enemy artillery as they attempt to shell you turn by turn [turn 1 a target appears over the characters, turn 2 after you move away the artillery actually fire]), or Shin Megami Tensei / Persona Q style battles(judging by the trailer, that type's already built in).

Wazzy

Banned
P4 update: Geez I didn't think there would be another dungeon if I did true ending. :p

I'm going to try beating it today. The reveal actually kind of shocked me.

Hey guys, am I underleveled? I'm on September 3 and my levels are:
Male MC - 27
Yukari - 22
Junpei - 21
Mitsuru - 27
Akihiko - 27
Fuuka - 27
Aigis - 30
Koromaru - 34
Ken - 36
Shinjiro - 37

I noticed that fights were getting harder lately, but I thought it was part of some difficulty curve where I couldn't just spam weaknesses on and on. But now, with the addition of Ken and Shinjiro, who are more than 10 levels higher than me, I started to worry.

Also, what should I do with that many teammates? I hope I don't need to grind.

Male MC - 27
Yukari - 22
Junpei - 21
Mitsuru - 27
Akihiko - 27
Fuuka - 27
Aigis - 30
Koromaru - 34
Ken - 36
Shinjiro - 37

I noticed that fights were getting harder lately, but I thought it was part of some difficulty curve where I couldn't just spam weaknesses on and on. But now, with the addition of Ken and Shinjiro, who are more than 10 levels higher than me, I started to worry.

You are underleveled. If you don't want to grind much and level up so many characters, select four characters (not including the MC) and keep fighting only with them. You'll need a healer, so the best option would be Ken, since he is 14 levels above Yuka-tan. Mitsuru deals a lot of damage, so I'd suggest you keep her and she can also be a healer. So choose other two characters (it's important to have at least one "substitute" in good shape) to become a member of the "official" party.

Willsmith1991

Neo Member
Male MC - 27
Yukari - 22
Junpei - 21
Mitsuru - 27
Akihiko - 27
Fuuka - 27
Aigis - 30
Koromaru - 34
Ken - 36
Shinjiro - 37

Hey man, IMO you are underleveled for that date. By september on my first run through i was around lvl 35-45 for all characters.

Sorry bro but i'd highly suggest spending some time grinding tartarus to lvl your guys up cos the boss battles will obviously get to hard to do if you dont have decently lvl'd/ geared team.

Would like to be a part of the PersonaGAF RPG thing, if I'm not too late to join in.
Yeah I was literally gone the whole day yesterday, didn't get home until like 11 at night, So I didn't read up on the what happened yesterday til like a hour ago. But would like to be a part of it anyways, dunno what I would part I would play exactly, but we can figure that out.

In other related news, I'm currently working on a project that I'm working on that I'll show off here within this next week, just gonna need to get a few more thing and will be working on it through this week.

Willsmith1991

Neo Member
(Persona 4 arena & persona 3 spoilers)

I've just finished playing through Aigis's story mode in P4A and i'm wondering what you guys think about when shadow Aigis is taunting Aigis about not being human, and wanting to be loved.

Who was she referring to about Aigis wanting to be loved? i'm guessing shes talking about Aigis loving P3MC?

What do you guys think?

Heres a link to the start of the conversation i'm talking about:

http://youtu.be/va0o2ckoJRo?t=1h32m33s

FluxWaveZ

I've just finished playing through Aigis's story mode in P4A and i'm wondering what you guys think about when shadow Aigis is taunting Aigis about not being human, and wanting to be loved.

Who was she referring to about Aigis wanting to be loved? i'm guessing shes talking about Aigis loving P3MC?

People in general. It's basically what she talked about in The Answer.

Nimby

Banned
I just beat, IMO, one of the greatest games ever made. I'm truly sad to see this game end.

This may sound sappy, but I wouldn't have played P4 and P3 if it weren't for you guys. I lurked here for sometime, and it was the PGAF community thread that got me interested in Persona, then SMT in general and other Atlus games.

So I just want to say thanks <3

I just beat, IMO, one of the greatest games ever made. I'm truly sad to see this game end.

This may sound sappy, but I wouldn't have played P4 and P3 if it weren't for you guys. I lurked here for sometime, and it was the PGAF community thread that got me interested in Persona, then SMT in general and other Atlus games.

I guess you can say one of the most powerful phrases in Persona series:

"I'm glad I met you."

:D

So guys, apparently a screenshot has materialized of P4U Ken wearing his old hoodie. Do you think there'll be alternate costumes in Ultimax, or is it just a part of Shadow Ken's victory pose meant to reflect Ken's fear of being thought of as childish?

FluxWaveZ

So guys, apparently a screenshot has materialized of P4U Ken wearing his old hoodie. Do you think there'll be alternate costumes in Ultimax?

No. The only media we have on him is: Famitsu magazine article, Famitsu blog screenshots and the Ken/Koromaru trailer. None of those show a screenshot like this.

or is it just a part of Shadow Ken's victory pose

Oh, you mean Ken as a kid? Yes.

Edit: Well, actually, now I have no idea. I wasn't aware of this pic until I saw it (and also when it was pointed out to me), so I checked back on the Famitsu scans to see if it was part of it and I can't see it. Maybe it was part of Dengeki's? Or maybe another less popular magazine. Gonna try to find it.

But yeah, most likely Shadow Ken's pose.

What do you guys think?

Heres a link to the start of the conversation i'm talking about:

http://youtu.be/va0o2ckoJRo?t=1h32m33s

I think Shadow Aigis was talking about being loved by people in general, when she said "Even if there was someone you considered to be worth fighting for, you can't be a companion to them". "A brave bluff. But a tool like yourself can never be a true partner for a human. Doesn't your heart yearn to be by their side and to be loved?" But Aigis herself probably must have thought about P3MC when she heard that.

Man, that kind of talk it's what makes me feel like P3 is much more serious business than P4.

I wanna see this picture of Ken, but could be Arc Systems just including some sprites to the character entrance before the fight or to the victory pose. They always do that in BlazBlue with the NOL members wearing the full uniform like this:

TsubakiUniform.png

RedGraveXIII

Neo Member

Congrats my friend! You picked a perfect time to get into Persona:)

Not sure if you mentioned it but did you just beat p3 or p4?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom