• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantis

tumblr_n6g8hyYgAi1szur55o1_1280.jpg
(P3P S Link)

That was the most underrated love confession in Persona series.

Man, Rio had a really great design.

Also that scene is hilarious.

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
Catching up on the ol' backlog with subs for Lizbeth's and Maggie's trailers~

Back to simple production values for these because sanity. pleaseunderstand.jpg

I'll get to Mari's and and Theo's after I've gotten some sleep. Still feeling the effects of doing a good chunk of that Golden Arena Mode stuff on three hours of sleep yesterday and I want to be at my best when translating the shit out of Mari's poetry. ;D

Also I don't know if any of you had confirmed it for yourselves yet, but Elizabeth is almost certainly a boss character of some sort in the game. There's actually like a single frame prior to that last scene that shows the party makeup for that fight and she is distinctly not in it. You can find it for yourselves if you download the video and go through it frame by frame~

Sophia

Catching up on the ol' backlog with subs for Lizbeth's and Maggie's trailers~

Back to simple production values for these because sanity. pleaseunderstand.jpg

I'll get to Mari's and and Theo's after I've gotten some sleep. Still feeling the effects of doing a good chunk of that Golden Arena Mode stuff on three hours of sleep yesterday and I want to be at my best when translating the shit out of Mari's poetry. ;D

Also I don't know if any of you had confirmed it for yourselves yet, but Elizabeth is almost certainly a boss character of some sort in the game. There's actually like a single frame prior to that last scene that shows the party makeup for that fight and she is distinctly not in it. You can find it for yourselves if you download the video and go through it frame by frame~

Thanks for these <3

And yeah, I figured Elizabeth, Margaret, Theo, and possibly some others will be optional bosses. No sense not to given their legacy and all that. Betcha the Reaper is an FOE too. >_>

Screencap:
elizabethbossftuw1.jpg

That doesn't look like endgame HP, going off previous Etrian Odyssey games.

Dantis

It's actually kind of jarring how good it is next to Kenji. Soejima's art improved a lot between P3 and P3P.

Well, it's a four to five year difference, so it makes sense.

Thanks for these <3

And yeah, I figured Elizabeth, Margaret, Theo, and possibly some others will be optional bosses. No sense not to given their legacy and all that. Betcha the Reaper is an FOE too. >_>

Screencap:
elizabethbossftuw1.jpg

That doesn't look like endgame HP, going off previous Etrian Odyssey games.

I hope Theodore and Margeret are bosses too. Wouldn't mind fighting Marie either, ho hum.

Also, another group date scene? I honestly found the Group Date Cafe hilarious (in a horribly awkward way). I hope those kinds of scenes aren't amped up to be too zany.

Willsmith1991

Neo Member
irHt51E.png

Name: Persona GAF RPG
Engine: Rpgmaker XP/VX
Consoles: PC and Ngage
Release date: TBC

The following positions and characters are not meant to be taken seriously in any shape or form. If you are offended or would like something changed or removed, let me know.

Apply for any position or character that suits you(President, Supreme Ruler, Tramp, Programmer, Writer, etc, etc)

Although there are some individuals on this forum that are more talented than others, it would be nice if everyone could contribute towards the game. (Artwork, music, scenarios etc). This is a community project after all.

Positions
Lulu = Co-Director, Writer and Coder
Smed = CEO of PGAF Studios
Scraftydevil = Writer, Voice work
Inorigo = Designer
RockderBanja = Scenario writer, voice work
Wellbattle = Programmer
Vox Chaotica = Writer/program Voice work
Ljrivarola = Music composer.
Guess who = Music composer
Dantis = Artist
Spectrasonic = Programmer
Reanimatoin = Voice Over

Positions wanted
Voice overs
Programmers
Artists
Writers

Characters

MC = Junior Gaf Member
Scraftydevil = A goofy ass boss that everyone complains about on Gaf and gamefaqs
inorigo = Rival character for Dantis
Jello = Badass Casey Jones type character
Rockder banja = Innkeeper that tells you rumours which lead to quests (kanji type personality)
CorvoSol = Overpriced shopkeeper
Levit0 = Former PGAF wrestler that sold his soul to hollywood. Runs his own podcast for the Working man and working woman.
Moonlight = Merchant
Lolipop dave = Love interest for the main character and general photoshop troll :p
Arue = Annoying character that gives out impossible quests
Vox Chaotica = Random knee jerk reaction sort of character
Will Smith = WILL SMITH
Smed = Has a passion for fighting games. Loves Mahvel!!!
Shadow Smed = Otaku, anime lover, and waifu obsessed character.
Guess who = Guess who?
Buddha = Positive guy
Shadow Buddha = Evil Oracle that guides Lulu
Soriku = Shady baddass character (shinji?)
Reanimatoin = Merchant that doesnt go to sleep on time.
Sophia = Robot that works for PEES (PGAF Extracurricular Execution Squad)
Lulu = Mad psychotic lunatic that wants to take over the world with his ocular power
Pepsi man = Bro character and most trustworthy friend of the MC (in other words, he's da man)
Dantis = Velvet room assistant and secret last boss. Master Artist
Shadow Dantis = Loves catsuits??
Flux = Shadow character that is a master at translating Japanese.
Armada = An intelligent and informative badass.
Caladrius = easily-disposed villain that's a mixture of fabulous and absolutely terrifying.
RedGraveXIII = scumbag rare enemy that never spawns when you want him to!
Pan-hime = Oracle, that guides the player while saying snarky shit and SNRKin
Hot Coldman = TBD
Marche90 = Random dude who gives out quests
Ganzlinger = Junior GAF Member that hangs out with MC asking "where are the girls on GAF?" everytime. (Junpei type personality)
LegionAgent = Character that makes bad puns
Nimby = DEATH!!!!

Game Details
Slinks
Dungeon crawling
SLinkFm
etc

Remember this isn't suppose to be taken seriously. If you want something changed, it shall be done.

If ive missed anything, let me know.

Rpgmaker can be purchased at the following link for $1

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly?rpgmaker_weekly&utm_source=Social&utm_medium=Link&utm_campaign=Humble%20Weekly%20Bundle%20RPG%20Maker

PGAF: Dancing All Night (TBC)

Good casting.

HAHA! epic, WILL SMITH the easter egg boss that puts the mc's swag to shame =)

Sophia

I hope Theodore and Margeret are bosses too. Wouldn't mind fighting Marie either, ho hum.

Also, another group date scene? I honestly found the Group Date Cafe hilarious (in a horribly awkward way). I hope those kinds of scenes aren't amped up to be too zany.

What is most interesting is their HP pools are consistent with being about half way through the game using Etrian Odyssey standards. Makes me wonder if that fight with Elizabeth is mandatory then...

Setsu00

irHt51E.png

The following positions and characters are not meant to be taken seriously in any shape or form. If you are offended or would like something changed or removed, let me know.

Apply for any position or character that suits you(President, Supreme Ruler, Tramp, Programmer, Writer, etc, etc)

Although there are some individuals on this forum that are more talented than others, it would be nice if everyone could contribute towards the game. (Artwork, music, scenarios etc). This is a community project after all.

Positions
Inorigo = Designer
Wellbattle = Programmer
Dantis = Artist
Reanimatoin = Voice Over

Positions wanted
Voice overs
Programmers
Artists
Writers

Characters

MC = Junior Gaf Member
Scraftydevil = A goofy ass boss that everyone complains about on Gaf and gamefaqs
Rockder banja = Innkeeper that tells you rumours which lead to quests (kanji type personality)
Levit0 = Former PGAF wrestler that sold his soul to hollywood. Runs his own podcast for the Working man and working woman.
Moonlight = Merchant
Lolipop dave = Love interest for the main character and general photoshop troll :p
Will Smith = WILL SMITH
Shadow Smed = Otaku, anime lover, and waifu obsessed character.
Guess who = Guess who?
Buddha = Positive guy
Lulu = Mad psychotic lunatic that wants to take over the world with his ocular power
Pepsi man = Bro character and most trustworthy friend of the MC (in other words, he's da man)
Caladrius = easily-disposed villain that's a mixture of fabulous and absolutely terrifying.
Hot Coldman = TBD
Ganzlinger = Junior GAF Member that hangs out with MC asking "where are the girls on GAF?" everytime. (Junpei type personality)
Nimby = DEATH!!!!

Game Details
Slinks
Dungeon crawling
SLinkFm
etc

Remember this isn't suppose to be taken seriously. If you want something changed, it shall be done.

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly?rpgmaker_weekly&utm_source=Social&utm_medium=Link&utm_campaign=Humble%20Weekly%20Bundle%20RPG%20Maker

Can I be in there, too? I wanna be the most pessimistic of the bunch :D.

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
So here's what's still bugging me and I'm not sure a consensus has been reached anywhere on this: Japanese previews and one of the trailers have said that you'll have a total of 20 characters to pick from for your party. Here's what a Dengeki preview says on the subject just so any other Japanese speakers can verify my translation:

&#12458;&#12522;&#12472;&#12490;&#12523;&#12461;&#12515;&#12521;&#12463;&#12479;&#12540;&#12398;&#21892;&#12392;&#29618;&#12434;&#21152;&#12360;&#12383;20&#21517;&#12363;&#12425;&#26368;&#22823;5&#20154;&#12434;&#36984;&#20986;&#12375;&#12390;&#12289;&#12503;&#12524;&#12452;&#12516;&#12540;&#12398;&#22909;&#12365;&#12394;&#32232;&#25104;&#12391;&#25506;&#32034;&#12420;&#12496;&#12488;&#12523;&#12395;&#33256;&#12416;&#12371;&#12392;&#12364;&#12391;&#12365;&#12427;&#12290;&#12458;&#12522;&#12472;&#12490;&#12523;&#12461;&#12515;&#12521;&#12463;&#12479;&#12540;&#12398;&#21892;&#12392;&#29618;&#12399;2&#20154;&#12475;&#12483;&#12488;&#12391;1&#12461;&#12515;&#12521;&#12463;&#12479;&#12540;&#12392;&#12375;&#12390;&#25968;&#12360;&#12425;&#12428;&#12539;&#12539;&#12539;

With newcomers Zen and Rei added to the mix, players can choose up to 5 characters out of a pool of 20 overall in a party designed however they like for battling and dungeon crawling. Zen and Rei are a set that count as one character and... [sentence goes on to describe their functions in battle]

Were there any plausible theories floated as to who could fill in the remaining slots? The Japanese sentence is very explicitly talking about your party that you actually bring to fight with you, so Fuuka and Rise are ostensibly excluded and with Rei and Zen counting as one character, that leaves us with three characters they still haven't discussed. I'm guessing that they're just bonus ones that you can recruit for funsies if Atlus is going to remain mum on the subject until release, but still.

Setsu00

So here's what's still bugging me and I'm not sure a consensus has been reached anywhere on this: Japanese previews and one of the trailers have said that you'll have a total of 20 characters to pick from for your party. Here's what a Dengeki preview says on the subject just so any other Japanese speakers can verify my translation:

Were there any plausible theories floated as to who could fill in the remaining slots? The Japanese sentence is very explicitly talking about your party that you actually bring to fight with you, so Fuuka and Rise are ostensibly excluded and with Rei and Zen counting as one character, that leaves us with three characters they still haven't discussed. I'm guessing that they're just bonus ones that you can recruit for funsies if Atlus is going to remain mum on the subject until release, but still.

Most assumed that the remaining spots would be filled be the Velvet Room attendants, but I don't know anymore.

Dantis

Surely it must be the Velvet Room attendants?

Jintor still not recognised as legitimate personagaffer

jintor now on strike

Wait.

Who are you again?

Sophia

If it's three remaining slots, than Elizabeth, Theodore, and Margaret as optional or secret characters is the obvious answer.

I almost want it to be P1 MC, and Tatsuya/Maya just to make us oldschool fans happy.

Swedesu

Probably the attendants, but who knows really.

Etrian Odyssey games usually has a few classes that are locked in the beginning, so these hidden characters will probably work in a similar way.

Hell, it might even be a class from EO like the Landsknecht or something.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
Are we expecting to see anything on P5 at E3, or are they more likely to hold it back for TGS?

Ode To P4G, By Marie

Fans wanted new scenes,
So Atlus put in more things.
I am one of the new perks,
So why do you hate me,
Youstupidjerks?

*golf clap*

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
I mean, sure, the thought of the attendants crossed my mind, too, but only doing three out of the four strikes me as weird. I dunno. I thought there might have been preview coverage or something where more light was shed on it since aside from the trailers, I mostly only pay attention to what news Gematsu pays me to translate, but yeah.

Sophia

Are we expecting to see anything on P5 at E3, or are they more likely to hold it back for TGS?

Full blowout in both Famitsu and at the Sony conference. Complete with trailer and everything.

Probably nothing. I expect a reveal in Famitsu sometime after E3 but before TGS.

Dantis

*golf clap*

I would expect nothing of Persona 5 for a while still. I think they're focusing on two games at a time, so I think they'll show P5 around Ultimax's release.

Dantis

I'll do anything to be reunited with my One True Waifu, Old Lady McTrollpherson. <3

I think I'm done with Atlus streams now. I never feel good after them, just like I've wasted three hours of my time. The P4G Animation one was the straw that broke the camel's back, haha.

Sophia

I think I'm done with Atlus streams now. I never feel good after them, just like I've wasted three hours of my time. The P4G Animation one was the straw that broke the camel's back, haha.

Remember THAT stream was Aniplex, not Atlus. Place blame where it belongs!

Dantis

Remember THAT stream was Aniplex, not Atlus. Place blame where it belongs!

The Persona 5 one was no better. Although I was laughing like a maniac when the first game they showed was PQ. For a brief moment I thought that was what Hashino had been working on.

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
Did anyone ever find out who she was?

She is too awesome to be unknown.

I always figured somebody had worked that out by now, but according to NicoNico comments on a stream archive I just found, she's Noriko Shouji, apparently an ex-entertainment reporter and TV broadcaster. The wiki page I linked is only in Japanese, but yeah.

Sophia

I always figured somebody had worked that out by now, but according to NicoNico comments on a stream archive I just found, she's Noriko Shouji, apparently an ex-entertainment reporter and TV broadcaster. The wiki page I linked is only in Japanese, but yeah.

Sure enough, that's her. Google image search for "&#26481;&#28023;&#26519;&#12398;&#12426;&#23376;" brings up all sorts of photos.

We now have a name to go with the woman who masterfully trolled us all. >_>;

Swedesu

Well until a year from now when I'll hopefully know a decent amount of japanese I guess I will have to take your word for it :)

But yeah, that's basically what I expected, thanks for digging it up!

*One google search later*

I'm guessing this is not her...

Sophia

That image is hide of X-Japan (or rather, a model based off him) whom she interviewed before his death. Basically hide was making a "real human doll" before his death, and it was finished after his passing. Hosted in a museum that was located in his hometown in his honor. She did a report on it, it would seem.

Damn thing took ¥4,000,000 to make.

irHt51E.png

Characters a staff updated. :)

New Staff
Pepsiman = Executive Producer
Reanimatoin = Voice Over
HeavenSmiley = Dialogue, voice over, and voice direction
SpacePirate Ridley = Artist

New Characters
Caladrius = Easily-disposed villain that's a mixture of fabulous and absolutely terrifying.
Hot Coldman = TBD
Marche90 = Random dude that gives out quests
Shadow Smed = A conflicted character who believes hes not good enough for the group? identity crisis character
Nimby = DEATH!!!!
MiguelMexMIstery = guy that hangs out with MC and talks both English and Spanish
Setsu00 = The most pessimistic character known to man.
Jintor = A passionate and popular Gaffer that enjoys the fine arts.
Shadow Jintor = A character that believes he's not recognized as legitimate personagaffer. Tends to go on strike
Will Smith = WILL SMITH

In regards to PQ, i cant allow myself to get hyped. Im actually avoiding the new videos and info all together. This is one of the perks of living in the UK :/

Nachos

I actually have that same picture up on my wall! Not a wallscroll though. Just some cheap silk knockoff from China.

And wow who would have thought that Kenji would have stirred up such an interesting discussion, maybe he's not that bad after all...

He's like the broccoli you get with a dish from a nondescript small town Chinese restaurant, which also happens to serve gyros and hamburgers. The vegetable itself might be able to taste wonderful on any given occasion, possibly being tastier than any meat, but in that specific dish, it merely serves as a grave reminder that you should probably get through it quickly. Tepid, dry and undercooked, it still somehow manages to bring a wide swath of unwelcome experiences with it.

Ok, members of Investigation League:

PhantomGaming
Spectrasonic
Lollipop Dave
Vox Chaotica
Reanimatoin
Bruce
InsaneElite
Silky

Would you all be available on June 14th throughout the day for the King's Games: Investigation League? This would be a largely all day affair, and I can figure out starting time if/when it's confirmed, but you'd be cool to drop out if you're eliminated.

Let me know guys, thanks.

I'm available, what time would constitute throughout the day though? Remember I'm English.

Also, damn! You picked the first busy world cup day? And the day when England play their first game? Luckily the match doesnt kick off until 11pm over here.

PS. Did you see mine and bruce's VS card that I made?

irHt51E.png

Characters a staff updated. :)

This is coming along quite nicely, although like someone said, we need somewhere official to get this going properly because things get easily lost in this thread since it moves so quickly.

Also, WOO! Glad to be part of the staff on this now.

irHt51E.png

Positions
Pepsiman = Executive Producer
Inorigo = Designer
Wellbattle = Programmer
Dantis = Artist
Reanimatoin = Voice Over

Positions wanted
Voice overs
Programmers
Artists
Writers

Characters

MC = Junior Gaf Member
Moonlight = Merchant
Will Smith = WILL SMITH
Shadow Smed = A conflicted character who believes hes not good enough for the group? identity crisis character
Guess who = Guess who?
Buddha = Positive guy
Hot Coldman = TBD
Nimby = DEATH!!!!
MiguelMexMIstery = guy that hangs out with MC and talks both English and Spanish
Setsu00 = The most pessimistic character known to man.
Jintor = A passionate and popular Gaffer that enjoys the fine arts.
Shadow Jintor = A character that believes he's not recognized as legitimate personagaffer. Tends to go on strike

Game Details
Slinks
Dungeon crawling
SLinkFm
etc

So this is happening at the end?
Can I enter as an artist or thats already covered by Dantis?

Of course you can Ridley :)

The staff position for Dantis is not official. I just put it there as a placeholder as he tends to draw a ton of images for all of us to enjoy. The same applies for pepsiman. Everyone else on the staff side have confirmed however :)

Dantis and Pepsiman, you in?

The IRC chat seems like the best place to discuss matters. If you guys are free this evening, we can do so then.

Welcome aboard Ridley.

I shan't be participating. Feel free to contribute as much as you like!

Oh, would have love to be working with you in the art.

Of course you can Ridley :)

The staff position for Dantis is not official. I just put it there as a placeholder as he tends to draw a ton of images for all of us to enjoy. The same applies for pepsiman. Everyone else on the staff side have confirmed however :)

Dantis and Pepsiman, you in?

The IRC chat seems like the best place to discuss matters. If you guys are free this evening, we can do so then.

Welcome aboard Ridley.

Still I dont know if im going to be able to full steam on this (and thats even more work if im the only artist) so take that in to account. But I will gladly help in what I can.

Nachos

I feel like all of Pepsiman's dialogue should be the most eloquent Japanese he can possibly muster...only for it to be thrown into Google Translate with no corrections made afterwards.

Oh, and what time would everyone like to get together? I imagine it'd be a little tricky to coordinate things with all the timezones working against us.

Still I dont know if im going to be able to full steam on this (and thats even more work if im the only artist) so take that in to account. But I will gladly help in what I can.

Yeah, i doubt anyone will have the time to go full steam on this. We'll have to go on a recruiting spree over the next few days to make up a fairly stable team. If we can recruit Chet, Jintor and Amarda, as fellow artists, then that would definitely work in our favor.

Dantis, anything we can do to get some quick sketches from you? (Loading screens, game over screen, etc)

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
I feel like all of Pepsiman's dialogue should be the most eloquent Japanese he can possibly muster...only for it to be thrown into Google Translate with no corrections made afterwards.

&#12360;&#12360;&#32771;&#12360;&#12420;&#12394;&#65281;&#12381;&#12358;&#12375;&#12424;&#12358;&#12391;&#65281;

"Ya I thought yeah! Let it!"

Nachos

Honestly, unless we're just going to gut the battle system, I think it'd be best to get some sort of gameplay prototype ready before doing anything else. It's going to be the thing that pops up the most, so it really needs to be good enough to make you want to see everything else. As great as the ideas have been, to do otherwise would really be putting the cart before the horse.

To alleviate any concerns that some of you may be having, i'll address some key issues here.

As someone that briefly played around with rpgmaker many years ago back in college, I can tell you that anyone on this forum can use that program with EASE. It requires no programming knowledge, and most things are drag and drop. The engine is loaded with a shit ton of pre backgrounds, sprites, sound effects, music etc. However, if you do have some programming knowledge, and other skills(art, music, etc), it will set the game apart from other fan projects.

In regards to the character roster being to big. The current roster could be implemented into the game within 5 minutes effectively (sprites, animation, poses, battle abilities etc). Its that easy. Problems would only arise if you really wanted to go all out and have a persona like portrait for each character when they speak.

Personally, i dont think this project seems ambitious at all. Then again, that's only because i know what to expect.

Making a game will not take hours and hours of work every single day for a year. In fact, you could spend 15-20 minutes in 4 days out of the 7 days and get a pretty good project put together within a month or so.

Id encourage most of you to look into the engine and see how it operates. (Youtube etc)

Nachos

To alleviate any concerns that some of you may be having, i'll address some key issues here.

As someone that briefly played around with rpgmaker many years ago back in college, I can tell you that anyone on this forum can use that program with EASE. It requires no programming knowledge, and most things are drag and drop. The engine is loaded with a shit ton of pre backgrounds, sprites, sound effects, music etc. However, if you do have some programming knowledge, and other skills(art, music, etc), it will set the game apart from other fan projects.

In regards to the character roster being to big. The current roster could be implemented into the game within 5 minutes effectively (sprites, animation, poses, battle abilities etc). Its that easy. Problems would only arise if you really wanted to go all out and have a persona like portrait for each character when they speak.

Personally, i dont think this project seems ambitious at all. Then again, that's only because i know what to expect.

Making a game will not take hours and hours of work every single day for a year. In fact, you could spend 15-20 minutes in 4 days out of the 7 days and get a pretty good project put together within a month or so.

Id encourage most of you to look into the engine and see how it operates. (Youtube etc)

Well, that's certainly reassuring. I somehow missed that you already had experience tinkering with it.

&#12360;&#12360;&#32771;&#12360;&#12420;&#12394;&#65281;&#12381;&#12358;&#12375;&#12424;&#12358;&#12391;&#65281;

"Ya I thought yeah! Let it!"

Actually, scratch that. Let's just use Translation Party, instead:
"Yes, I thought dam! So try to!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom