• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I dumb? I feel like I'm dumb.

Why did I say bug? Fuck it, I'm tired. Atlus just release the game already so I can stop making dumb comments like this.

Edit: Top of the page? Fuck me.

Dantis

No. The only media we have on him is: Famitsu magazine article, Famitsu blog screenshots and the Ken/Koromaru trailer. None of those show a screenshot like this.

Oh, you mean Ken as a kid? Yes.

Edit: Well, actually, now I have no idea. I wasn't aware of this pic until I saw it (and also when it was pointed out to me), so I checked back on the Famitsu scans to see if it was part of it and I can't see it. Maybe it was part of Dengeki's? Or maybe another less popular magazine. Gonna try to find it.

But yeah, most likely Shadow Ken's pose.

It's from Dengeki. You mean the one where he's jumping near a collapsed Akihiko, right? Not only is he wearing his old outfit, it's literally Persona 3 Ken. He's younger and shorter and whatnot.

Also, the shadow entrances are some of Ultimax's best additions. Shadow Aigis' one with the black butterfly is outrageously cool.

Squire

Banned
Nice, didn't see those ones. It has been a long time since I played P4A. I don't remember if there was such alternate costumes.

There are no alts. The original P4A does this a little, too, with some of Teddies win poses. Sometimes he'll pop out of his suit in his street clothing. On occasion he'll be wearing that Alice costume.

They're not alts, they're just extra sprites used for those particular win poses.

There are no alts. The original P4A does this a little, too, with some of Teddies win poses. Sometimes he'll pop out of his suit in his street clothing. On occasion he'll be wearing that Alice costume.

They're not alts, they're just extra sprites used for those particular win poses.

Yeah, I mean extra sprites... and I completely forgot Teddie. It was amazing when he appeared dressed as Alice. :D

Dantis

And sometimes he's naked.

I always felt like Teddie's portrayal (in terms of in game presentation) was probably the worst of the whole cast, but those bits were hilarious.

And sometimes he's naked.

I always felt like Teddie's portrayal (in terms of in game presentation) was probably the worst of the whole cast, but those bits were hilarious.

I think that they played up the (P4 SPOILER)
"He's a shadow and can change his form
aspect of Teddie, but yea he is weird in Arena.

Dantis

I think that they played up the (P4 SPOILER)
"He's a shadow and can change his form
aspect of Teddie, but yea he is weird in Arena.

Pretty much, yeah. It looked completely wrong to me.

I feel like Arena was hit and miss with that. Like, some of the stuff was spot on, and other bits seemed really bad. Chie and Elizabeth had really great run animations, for example.

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
PersonaGAF, I'm coming to you because I'm translating Marie's trailer and I'm shit at writing poems and it doesn't help that her handiwork is especially terrible here.

Here's the Japanese:

「Pandora」
見えない? 嘆きの涙が
聞こえない? 悲しみの唄が

And here's the very literal English:

"Pandora"
Can you not see them? They're the tears of my regrets.
Can you not hear them? They're the songs of my sorrows.

Hopefully my translation gets across the basic structure and themes. Not that I think it matters too much, but the structure for the first line is 4 syllables before the question mark followed by 8 syllables after it, and then the second line 5 syllables before the question mark followed by 8 again after it.

If anybody has anything appropriately faux depressing and existential or whatever, I'd love to hear it and will give due credit on my YouTube and Tumblr. I'll keep drafting things, but like I said, poetry is easily my weakest skills as a writer.

Wow I'm really glad this is happening, it's great to see everyone come together like this~
So umm what's all required to qualify for voicework in this project? Seeing as how this is a just for fun project I'm sort of considering pitching in if I can.

Welcome aboard.

Is it too late to apply for a part in the game?

Job positions will be available right up until we are ready to launch the game. Character positions will halt once everything is organised and we begin production.

Left out of yet another community shindig :(

Forever a bridesmaid...

Ok, you want to be a bridesmaid type character? No problem. :p

Just joking, whatever type of character you want to be, let me know. Anyone that wants to change their existing character type, also say so.

Just to let you guys know, from June 13-23 I'll be away in Europe without any internet connection whatsoever, so I won't be able to help program the PGAF RPG during that time.

No problem.

May I ask what language you're able to program in RPG Maker? I'll need to look at a reference book beforehand.

Rubyscript

You kinda need to be around to be included in things.

Chet you in?

Would like to be a part of the PersonaGAF RPG thing, if I'm not too late to join in.
Yeah I was literally gone the whole day yesterday, didn't get home until like 11 at night, So I didn't read up on the what happened yesterday til like a hour ago. But would like to be a part of it anyways, dunno what I would part I would play exactly, but we can figure that out.

In other related news, I'm currently working on a project that I'm working on that I'll show off here within this next week, just gonna need to get a few more thing and will be working on it through this week.

Whenever you've decided what you want to do, drop me a pm and ill update the list. Cant wait to see your project.

I just beat, IMO, one of the greatest games ever made. I'm truly sad to see this game end.

That feeling when you finish a Persona game is like no other :p.

Ill be in the irc chat in about 20 minutes. If you guys want to discuss anything about the project, make your way over there. Ill post an updated list tomorrow at some point.

Also strongly doubt alt costumes will be in p4u.

I suck at poetry aswell pepsi :(

Sophia

PersonaGAF, I'm coming to you because I'm translating Marie's trailer and I'm shit at writing poems and it doesn't help that her handiwork is especially terrible here.

Here's the Japanese:

And here's the very literal English:

Hopefully my translation gets across the basic structure and themes. Not that I think it matters too much, but the structure for the first line is 4 syllables before the question mark followed by 8 syllables after it, and then the second line 5 syllables before the question mark followed by 8 again after it.

If anybody has anything appropriately faux depressing and existential or whatever, I'd love to hear it and will give due credit on my YouTube and Tumblr. I'll keep drafting things, but like I said, poetry is easily my weakest skills as a writer.

I would offer to help you, but that poem is bringing back painful memories of awfulness. ;_;

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
I would offer to help you, but that poem is bringing back painful memories of awfulness. ;_;

That's what I need! I need something not merely mediocre, but something that lives up to that legacy of terrible teenage angst! And I just don't have it in me anymore as someone not in high school. ;___;

Here's my current draft. I think it's getting there, but we can do better in terms of awfulness:

"Pandora"
Can't you see? I'm crying rivers of regret.
Can't your hear? I'm singing songs of sorrow.

Speaking of Marie's poems.
I used to think those poems were silly stuff in P4G. Everytime I went to the Velvet Room and there was that piece of paper in the ground I was like "oh man, here we go cheesy again". But when the Hollow Forest Dungeon started and she began to declaim them.. man, those feelings... that caught me off guard. It was so subtle and nicely thought. There is no words to describe how Persona is awesome. I'm glad I played it.

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
Here's my attempt, I took a few liberties with your translation:

"Pandora"
Are you blind? My tears flow forevermore.
Are you deaf? My song haunts the soul.

Ooooh, I'm liking this. I might go with this one. Probably won't decide until right before I encode the video, but this is definite contender. Thanks! :)

Jonnax

Here's my current draft. I think it's getting there, but we can do better in terms of awfulness:

Look at me. These are the tears of my regretting.
Listen to me. This is the song of my sorrow.

Look at me. It makes me cry all the time.
Listen to me. My voice fills me with sorrow.

I have no idea. But reading that reminded me of a song that should 100% be in Persona 5. :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTLwzuQuRsw

DO YOU HEAR THE PEOPLE SING? SINGING THE SONG OF ANGRY MEN? IT IS A MUSIC OF A PEOPLE WHO WILL NOT BE SLAVES AGAIN.

Persona 5

What if Marie was added in P4G to prepare the world for a stage musical style Persona game?

Sophia

That's what I need! I need something not merely mediocre, but something that lives up to that legacy of terrible teenage angst! And I just don't have it in me anymore as someone not in high school. ;___;

I'll give it a shot, I guess. :p

"Pandora"
Do you not see? The tears of my regret.
Do you not hear? The songs of my despair.

Great work man!

2118178-tumblr_lyojj7wjmz1qzurbt.jpg

FluxWaveZ

Aww you guys are swell! If you need any more hacky poetry, gimme a holler! :p

Poetry isn't my cup of tea, though. If there's ever a Velvet Room character who comes up with hardcore rap and leaves it lying around for the protagonist to find, though, then I'll be up for some more of that.

RedGraveXIII

Neo Member
Just beat P4. Sucks that I only completed 4 social links (had a lot of 9's though), I just spend so much time in the Velvet Room.

Personally, I always try to at least max out the Investigation Team social links. Naoto's is kind of a pain since you barely have any time to do it :p

Nimby

Banned
Which ones did you complete?

Yosuke, Chie, Kanji, and Yukiko. I guess my count is seven if you count the auto links.

Personally, I always try to at least max out the Investigation Team social links. Naoto's is kind of a pain since you barely have any time to do it :p

Yeah, that was first priority, for the Persona evolutions. I beat the game with a lot of time left on the deadline, so I could reload and finish Rise at least. I found the others boring compared to my friends links. Sorry Kou, I couldn't care less about dem balls.

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
Your perseverance has paid off. Every Persona Q trailer is now in English subtitled. Atlus USA doesn't even have to do any work anymore. O_O

You should sit back and enjoy a glass bottle of Pepsi now.

*snrk* Theodork.... ahahaha, that's awesome.

Yep, just release the Japanese game with no English and people at home can follow along with my trailers! You're welcome, Atlus. I don't even need a paycheck. Just a pat on the back. ;D

And Theodork made me smile too much to not put it in once I thought of it. One of those lines I spent way too much time fretting over to make it just right. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom