• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

kewlmyc

Japanese leaks are saying that he's free with first print copies, so as long as you buy the game when it comes out, I think you're set. That being said, my understanding is that they normally clock in at under $10-ish.

Seriously, guys, I've confirmed this through our own sources for Gematsu and they're so good at their job that Famitsu often tries to get them to censor their news. I'll happily eat crow if I'm wrong, but I trust them, especially since they corroborate the initial leak from Hachima, so I've already run it as a story on Gematsu.
Oh my god.... Is it happening? Do I have to prepare my Ron Paul gif?

Sophia

My opinion is the same as ever. I'd ask for a moderator's input on the matter.

That's a good idea on asking the mods. Personally
I'm both conflicted in regards to him being playable, but extremely curious as to what this new story mode will be about.

Now if you'll excuse me, between this and the Guilty Gear Xrd news, I'm gonna go summon Godzilla. Because adding Godzilla to the mix cannot possibly make things more crazy anymore.

Japanese leaks are saying that he's free with first print copies, so as long as you buy the game when it comes out, I think you're set. That being said, my understanding is that they normally clock in at under $10-ish.

Seriously, guys, I've confirmed this through our own sources for Gematsu and they're so good at their job that Famitsu often tries to get them to censor their news. I'll happily eat crow if I'm wrong, but I trust them, especially since they corroborate the initial leak from Hachima, so I've already run it as a story on Gematsu.
Thanks for the answers guys. Hopefully just have to preorder then. Also if character dlc is gonna be a thing now, I hope that
if Makoto is playable he doesn't end up being dlc.

kewlmyc

So pricey.

To be fair, the US exchange rate for Japanese yen is around 1 USD = 100 Japanese Yen, so the prices for the DLC are pretty much the same right now in both countries.

Also I agree on asking a mod since this is pretty much the first time something like this has happened. A final boss character who's supposed to be a spoiler is going to be a character in a game where a good number of people haven't played P4.

I sensed that someone was talking crap about Dampierre and came as quickly as I could. What's going on he-

Oh,
Adachy-baby
might be playable? Cool! I've got a friend who's going to be ecstatic about this news. Assuming this rumour is legit, I wonder if they're going to be the game's only DLC character, or if there'll be more!

To be fair, you're probably never going to get the game. :p
It's always nice to remember stuff like that.
We don't have any news on any of the games for Europe right? At least two of them should be importable (I'm sure this word exists).

Hope they won't region lock P4U2.

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
It's always nice to remember stuff like that.
We don't have any news on any of the games for Europe right? At least two of them should be importable (I'm sure this word exists).

Hope they won't region lock P4U2.

I believe Atlus recently took distribution rights for Arena back from Zen. Sega has their own UK branch office still, I believe, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if they just run the PAL release through that.

Fairly confident the game at least won't be region locked again. That move was done primarily because of exchange rate issues that incentivized Japanese consumers to potentially grab the American version rather than the local one because it had both languages and had something like a $20 cheaper MSRP that was made even cheaper by virtue of the really strong yen back then. The exchange rate since then has stabilized back to somewhere around a 1 yen:$0.01 USD ratio, so that economic incentive to region lock is mostly lost. An American version might still be cheaper by a small margin, but it probably won't be enough to compel Atlus to do anything aggressive about it again; the heavier focus on DLC this time around, like we've discussed in here before, will probably be their way to somewhat address that issue since that stuff is region-locked.

Dantis

I sensed that someone was talking crap about Dampierre and came as quickly as I could. What's going on he-

Oh,
Adachy-baby
might be playable? Cool! I've got a friend who's going to be ecstatic about this news. Assuming this rumour is legit, I wonder if they're going to be the game's only DLC character, or if there'll be more!

I think there won't be any post-release DLC, like there wasn't in Arena. As much as anything, there's not really much more they could add at this point beyond FeMC.

I believe Atlus recently took distribution rights for Arena back from Zen. Sega has their own UK branch office still, I believe, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if they just run the PAL release through that.

Fairly confident the game at least won't be region locked again. That move was done primarily because of exchange rate issues that incentivized Japanese consumers to potentially grab the American version rather than the local one because it had both languages and had something like a $20 cheaper MSRP that was made even cheaper by virtue of the really strong yen back then. The exchange rate since then has stabilized back to somewhere around a 1 yen:$0.01 USD ratio, so that economic incentive to region lock is mostly lost. An American version might still be cheaper by a small margin, but it probably won't be enough to compel Atlus to do anything aggressive about it again; the heavier focus on DLC this time around, like we've discussed in here before, will probably be their way to somewhat address that issue since that stuff is region-locked.

Yep. I wonder if it'll be digital only in the EU.

I thought you were a good man, but you - you had me fooled the entire time.

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was making mankind think he was a good guy.

Wait, that doesn't feel right...

Damp sucks yeah, but he's a blast to troll my friends with so he's earned a special place in my heart. Maxi and Astaroth are my true mains.

I would think so, unless Atlas took them from Zen to give to someone else.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Atlus has distributed a physical copy of a game in the EU the whole of last generation.

Are you talking about them as a distributor only? Not games they developed being distributed by someone else a la P4G (nis America) and Catherine. (deep silver).

This is seriously awesome.

So, I feel like doing a log of my Mind=0 run. You know, for posterity. Also, because I'm sure some of you are curious about the game but don't actually want to shell out for it.

DJ8TvwK.jpg

Holy shit, whats the history of this game?
I see Adachi, Dojima, Chihiro, Aigis with Chie's voice and Igor the slut.

kewlmyc

Are we jumping the gun with this Adachi stuff or is there actually concrete proof?

Same guys who usually leak Famitsu articles. They did Ken the other week and same people leaked the Guilty Gear Xrd information right now.

So no, no concrete proof, but super likely. Concrete proof will probably show up within a day as scans start to show up.

I will be extremely happy if he comes as first-run DLC, especially if he gets his own story mode. Normally I don't really like fighting-game characters as DLC, but since I'm getting the game when it comes out, I can't complain about this.

And if it does prove to be legit, then I think Dantis and Sophia are right and we should have a mod take up the question of how to deal with Persona 4 spoilers going forward.

If this is true, then to me this is Atlus trying to resolve all of the plot points from both games with Ultimax.
This makes the appearance of Makoto even more possible than before, right? Right??

Daimaou

Considering this is a spoiler free thread that concerns the entire series, things that are spoilers within individual games should probably stay spoilered.

Yes, people will be spoiled by reading about P4U, the same way anyone can be spoiled by reading about a sequel. That doesn't mean we have to facilitate it in this particular thread. If we're going to be a spoiler free thread, then we should stay spoiler free. We shouldn't just pick and choose what we consider to be "open territory" because of sequels.

If you want to make these threads open spoiler, then that's an entirely different discussion, and not one I would be opposed to.

Dantis

Considering this is a spoiler free thread that concerns the entire series, things that are spoilers within individual games should probably stay spoilered.

Yes, people will be spoiled by reading about P4U, the same way anyone can be spoiled by reading about a sequel. That doesn't mean we have to facilitate it in this particular thread. If we're going to be a spoiler free thread, then we should stay spoiler free. We shouldn't just pick and choose what we consider to be "open territory" because of sequels.

This is exactly how I feel.

I feel like the way it is now it's good. I would rather be able to hang out here with you bros without the fear of spoilers popping up everywhere. A spoiler tag is easy to do, and can be the difference between ruining the experience for someone else or not. Just my 2 cents!

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HYPE. HYPE, HYPE, HYPE, HYPE!!!!!!!!!!

48569325_omg_reaction_gif.gif

tumblr_mrqp42nn8m1sep5tio1_400.gif

All of you guys know ive been waiting to hear this news FOREVER!!!!

Adachi
is 100% my new main even if
he
turns out to be low tier :p

The ultimax roster is brilliant. All we need now is
Makoto
and it will be perfect

Very VERY happy with this news.

:) :) :)

:D :D :D

The roster for ultimax is equal to the upgrade that SSF4 got from vanilla. Its probably better IMO.

Now we know that
Adachi
has taken one of those story panels, I think its safe to assume the last panel will be for another DLC character, or god forbid P4A's story. My bets are strongly on
Makoto
. He would make the perfect DLC character and force almost the entire fanbase to spend extra money.

FluxWaveZ

Now we know that
Adachi
has taken one of those story panels, I think its safe to assume the last panel will be for another DLC character, or god forbid P4A's story.

Yeah, it's interesting. Wasn't expecting there to be a whole episode devoted to an entire character, but
Episode Adachi
sounds rather interesting, and could flesh out more of the character's involvement in Ultimax. I still think the last panel would either be P-GP or the DLC epilogue, but having it be something else is also probable.

Since, uh, creepy raper guy is included for free in first-print copies of the game, I wonder if this is what Atlus USA was hinting about in the Atlus Faithful email. I wonder if that's also why the character's been revealed already.

CorvoSol

If you want to make these threads open spoiler, then that's an entirely different discussion, and not one I would be opposed to.

Well on the one hand, sure, but on the other hand there's no avoiding some things, like say, Naoto. I'm not saying that gives carte blanche to go "HEY GUYS SHADOW JESUS IS THE REAL HIPPIE" but I do wonder if there isn't a line of necessity to be crossed.

Daimaou

Well on the one hand, sure, but on the other hand there's no avoiding some things, like say, Naoto. I'm not saying that gives carte blanche to go "HEY GUYS SHADOW JESUS IS THE REAL HIPPIE" but I do wonder if there isn't a line of necessity to be crossed.

We treat slip-ups the same way we've always treated slip-ups. Nothing changes.

I would say that we should probably add something about spoilers to the thread title, since no one seems to read the OP.

Edit: Essentially, the crux of my argument is that if we claim to be a spoiler free thread, then we should be one for all the games in question, not just the ones that are convenient.

Totally with you, when they announce Marie I will be so excited.

Oh my gosh yes, put Marie in too! :D
!

Haven't played Golden, but it would be kool if they included her into the game.

Yeah, it's interesting. Wasn't expecting there to be a whole episode devoted to an entire character, but
Episode Adachi
sounds rather interesting, and could flesh out more of the character's involvement in Ultimax. I still think the last panel would either be P-GP or the DLC epilogue, but having it be something else is also probable.

An epilogue would be kool, as long it stayed away from the typical beach/birthday scenario.

In regards to
Adachi's story
, I would like to know what happened to him in the past. I seem to vaguely remember him saying
"You have know idea what type of shit ive been through" in p4 and the anime.
. Would be kool if they followed up on this. I never played golden, so dunno if it was explained there.

Also, how the hell does
he get out of prison and is he still f*** nuts. :)

Lunar15

Cool. Don't really care for him, but always happy to see the roster expand.

I wonder if we'll get any other DLC characters?

FluxWaveZ

I wonder if we'll get any other DLC characters?

Once the official website is updated, I think we'll know like last time if there'll be another character thanks to the character page. If there's an additional character, it'd be weird if they weren't DLC at this point.

I'm starting to feel that the current P4U2 character select screen might have been foreshadowing after all. If that's the case, there would be one character left. And that character would be a P3 character.

Once the official website is updated, I think we'll know like last time if there'll be another character thanks to the character page. If there's an additional character, it'd be weird if they weren't DLC at this point.

I agree with this. I don't think they'd announce standard roster and DLC characters out of order like that. If the "Coming Soon" box remains after (P4)
Adachi
is revealed, then I think we can count on additional DLC characters that will be released after launch.

Lunar15

I'm starting to feel that the current P4U2 character select screen might have been foreshadowing after all. If that's the case, there would be one character left. And that character would be a P3 character.

That means... It's his time to shine...

P3_Kenji.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom