• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caladrius

It's an android school. All waifus are toasters.

First image of the protagonist.

Hotelmarioidle.gif

An all-girls school that just recently admitted like 5 guys. Wacky harem antics ensue.

Are you sure you want to turn Persona 5 into Kangoku Gakuen?

EDIT: Actually, now that I think about it, it fits the whole "YOU ARE SLAVE. WANT EMANCIPATION?" thing going on for Persona 5.

Wazzy

Banned
The only moment I felt Rise was forced was
when the game makes you either be an absolute ass and not hold your friend who is crying her eyes out or initiate a romantic relationship.
Otherwise I was quite fond of her.

Rise is one of my favourites in the game so I picked her as the love interest. I just felt as a romantic interest for the lead something felt off. I mean, she was the most likely choice of the girls but it still didn't feel like she actually liked the MC, but was just super flirty with him.

Still, she is hilarious and one of my faves in the game. My friend dislikes her. :(

p4 update: I keep dying on the final boss. I got to part 2 but the boss can use 2 attacks before my turn. Is there a recommended level for the final boss? and how does leveling work for the final dungeon since it's my last day?

Okay, readin the last few pages here are my thoughts:

- Yes Persona 5 is very Japaneseey but so is FF and it has a massive following (obviously built over decades of great games). Persona has a fan base on par if not larger in the West and E3 would be a great venue to expand those roots especially since consoles have been getting fewer jrpgs.

- The odds of Sony showing it if it remains a PS3 game? Zero. Now if there was a PS4 version then that would be an entirely different matter and increase its likelihood significantly.

- I'm still on the E3 reveal train because I want to keep what little hope there is alive. I won't be disappointed if its not there.

FTFY

Screw it, we're going full Infinite Stratos now. If you going to pander, might as well go all the way.

No one should listen to this post.

Infinite Stratos smh......smfh.

CorvoSol

The MC already has an amazing ability that draws people toward him, the Wild Card. This game is writing itself.

Kira Yamato was an ordinary high school student who happened to be the product of perfect genetic engineering, giving physical and intellectual capabilities beyond those of the best warriors and scholars, enabling him to activate SEED mode in which his powers transcended humanity, and was also a Newtype with the psychic charisma capable of attracting women to him and men to his cause, and numerous other associated psychic powers.

That wasn't enough, so we gave him the Power of the Wild Card and made his Arcana the World. That's just his regular one, though, and he can Chaos Control to other ones, like the Multiverse Arcana, but only when he goes Super Saiyan 17 (which he can do at will!) or is wielding the Phoenix Force and Elder Wand. His Persona is a Freedom Gundam made out of Excalibur, and his healing factor makes him invincible.

Ordinary. High School. Student.

Acid08

Banned
Okay, readin the last few pages here are my thoughts:

- Yes Persona 5 is very Japaneseey but so is FF and it has a massive following (obviously built over decades of great games). Persona has a fan base on par if not larger in the West and E3 would be a great venue to expand those roots especially since consoles have been getting fewer jrpgs.

- The odds of Sony showing it if it remains a PS3 game? Zero. Now if there was a PS4 version then that would be an entirely different matter and increase its likelihood significantly.

- I'm still on the E3 reveal train because I want to keep what little hope there is alive. I won't be disappointed if its not there.

No one should listen to this post.

Infinite Stratos smh......smfh.
Wait are you saying that Persona has the same amount, or more, fans in the West as FF? I...I'm not sure that's true at all.

FluxWaveZ

I don't think it was discussed here, but does anyone know if this Famitsu article actually states that the June 19, 2014 issue will be all about Persona, which will have "must-have content series fans won't want to miss"? And that it'll have illustrations only featured in Famitsu?

This week's, at least, will have 20 pages devoted to PQ, P4U2 and P3M #2. Good week to be a Persona fan over in Japan.

So according to some Japanese players, PQ takes 18 hours to finish on Safety difficulty if you focus solely on the main content.

Sounds like a good length, then. 23-25 hours sounds about right for Normal, then. And that might exclude a lot of extras.

Setsu00

So according to some Japanese players, PQ takes 18 hours to finish on Safety difficulty if you focus solely on the main content.

CorvoSol

Rise is one of my favourites in the game so I picked her as the love interest. I just felt as a romantic interest for the lead something felt off. I mean, she was the most likely choice of the girls but it still didn't feel like she actually liked the MC, but was just super flirty with him.

Still, she is hilarious and one of my faves in the game. My friend dislikes her. :(

p4 update: I keep dying on the final boss. I got to part 2 but the boss can use 2 attacks before my turn. Is there a recommended level for the final boss? and how does leveling work for the final dungeon since it's my last day?

I actually found Rise's flirting as a sign of her being more open about her feelings than the other girls. But I also took great pleasure in flirting back to see her off guard. Pretty sure every party member in P4 is genuinely in love with the main guy, though.

Also I was like, level 99 at the final boss. My Persona was Izanagi, more or less maxed on stats, loaded up with Ma-Dyne of every element, + Megidolaon and God's Hand. Also Mediarahan, I think? I forget now, since I've since replaced such with Victory Cry, but that's not important here. Oh! Power Charge. Power Charge or whatevs + God's Hand is a great combo.

I seem to recall using Chie's buff spell, with Yukiko healing like, every turn and dropping SP restoratives when healing wasn't necessary. Kanji was always either focusing or slinging items, too, that first time around.

Setsu00

I don't think it was discussed here, but does anyone know if this Famitsu article actually states that the June 19, 2014 issue will be all about Persona, which will have "must-have content series fans won't want to miss"? And that it'll have illustrations only featured in Famitsu?

That's pretty much what I understand, too.

I'd interpret the second phrase as "It'll also be on the cover of the magazine", though.

Tamanon

Banned
Yeah, I mean 20 page spread in Famitsu, entire Famitsu magazine, and Persona Magazine leads me to believe it's going to be big news month.

Gettin' hyped a bit. TUESDAYS REDEEMED!

Setsu00

That... that sounds kinda special, doesn't it?

I wouldn't get my hopes up. They might reveal the cover for P4U2 or something like that, but the cover wouldn't be exclusive to Famitsu.

Also, there's an interview with Megumi Ogata, Ken's voice actress.

Yeah, I mean 20 page spread in Famitsu, entire Famitsu magazine, and Persona Magazine leads me to believe it's going to be big news month.

Gettin' hyped a bit. TUESDAYS REDEEMED!

Oh, I'm sure if there was anything else, we'd know it by now. The issue is scheduled to be released this Thursday.

Wazzy

Banned
I actually found Rise's flirting as a sign of her being more open about her feelings than the other girls. But I also took great pleasure in flirting back to see her off guard. Pretty sure every party member in P4 is genuinely in love with the main guy, though.

Also I was like, level 99 at the final boss. My Persona was Izanagi, more or less maxed on stats, loaded up with Ma-Dyne of every element, + Megidolaon and God's Hand. Also Mediarahan, I think? I forget now, since I've since replaced such with Victory Cry, but that's not important here. Oh! Power Charge. Power Charge or whatevs + God's Hand is a great combo.

I seem to recall using Chie's buff spell, with Yukiko healing like, every turn and dropping SP restoratives when healing wasn't necessary. Kanji was always either focusing or slinging items, too, that first time around.

Probably. I didn't feel like Chie was at all buuuuuut I forgot to finish her social link so that might be why.

Hmmmm I'm at level 78 :( I'll keep trying to beat it and hope I get lucky. :p

FluxWaveZ

I wouldn't get my hopes up. They might reveal the cover for P4U2 or something like that, but the cover wouldn't be exclusive to Famitsu.

Also, there's an interview with Megumi Ogata, Ken's voice actress.

Ah, gotcha. I was confusing certain aspects of that article as though it was talking about the one coming out tomorrow. Alright then. At least, that still sounds like it'll have plenty of info of note in it.

But yeah:

June 5 = Famitsu magazine (P4U2 character scoop)
June 12 = Persona Magazine #Spring
June 19 = Famitsu magazine focused on Persona (20 pages focused on P4U2, PQ and P3M#2)

Sounds good. Not to mention PQ's releasing tomorrow and P3M #2 on June 7.

I didn't do much of Chie's S. link but Yukiko falls for you pretty early (like rank 4ish) so it's probably the most natural one, I guess? Rise's rank 10 on the non-romance path is a lot better than the romance end.

P3's male MC has an actual confirmed love interest (or 2, I guess) which happens to be the best romance link in both games imo.

I didn't do much of Chie's S. link but Yukiko falls for you pretty early (like rank 4ish) so it's probably the most natural one, I guess? Rise's rank 10 on the non-romance path is a lot better than the romance end.

P3's male MC has an actual confirmed love interest (or 2, I guess) which happens to be the best romance link in both games imo.

Yeah, Minato and Yukari's relationship seemed the most natural to me even though at the beginning I felt that she was going to do a sudden 180.

Dantis

My problem with making this an open spoiler thread is that it feels like we're inviting problems when it comes to future games.

Either way, I'll ask a mod, but my opinion is that it should still be tagged, I think.

Not 100, like Atlus said?

SHOCKING!

Setsu00

My problem with making this an open spoiler thread is that it feels like we're inviting problems when it comes to future games.

Either way, I'll ask a mod, but my opinion is that it should still be tagged, I think.

SHOCKING!

Another player theorized that the 100 hours probably refer to Risky difficulty + all side quests.

As soon as P5 releases. I think ill retire from Pgaf for at least a month.

Setsu00

Even there, that seems like a stretch.

I think it's just weird PR, like I said back when they announced it.

Yeah, I agree with that. And to be honest, I wouldn't even want it to be 100 hours long. I just don't have enough time for games that long.

Dantis

Risky + all side quests + P3 side and P4 side? I think that would take quite a bit.

Ha, maybe if you do the P3 and the P4 side, but that's basically playing through the game twice.

I bet you 95% of content is the same on either side. Probably more.

Yeah, I agree with that. And to be honest, I wouldn't even want it to be 100 hours long. I just don't have enough time for games that long.

Yeah, I mean, why bother even exaggerating to that extent?

Same with Arena. Why didn't they just say that the story mode was 15-20 hours? Saying that it was 40 just makes it sound bloated (which it actually was anyway, ho hum).

SHOCKING!

That's all you're left with when you excise all the good parts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom