• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squire

Banned
It totally is. Think it could really be an indication that they'll be showing it off? Even if P4D most likely wouldn't have been shown off before E3?

Yeah, the timing probably just likes up. Makes sense, too. How much of that 20 page Famitsu spread can be PQ stuff when the game will have been out for two weeks and it's been covered to death? We just said some pages ago P4D stuff must be coming, so I guess we were right!

Soriku

Persona Q is probably 40+ hours with a moderate difficulty and sidequests.

I'm probably playing on either Hard or Risky unless Normal's difficulty is surprisingly hard.

Dantis

It totally is. Think it could really be an indication that they'll be showing it off? Even if P4D most likely wouldn't have been shown off before E3?

That depends if they showed Catherine at 2011, P4G at 2012 and Dragon's Crown at 2013.

If they did, they yes, I actually think it is definitely possible.

Persona 4: Golfing All Day confirmed.

More like P4: Shootin' All Day confirmed

a4093d103226e2cee1c6b1ae2cdcca78.jpg

CorvoSol

Probably. I didn't feel like Chie was at all buuuuuut I forgot to finish her social link so that might be why.

Hmmmm I'm at level 78 :( I'll keep trying to beat it and hope I get lucky. :p

It's really less about what level you are and more about your stats/Persona you're using.

So what Persona are you rocking here, and with what skills? A good Persona, other than Izanagi, you might try for is Trumpeter. Probably one of the better Demons/Personas in the series, I think. I'm all about Angels in the series, anyway. Trumpeter and Throne are my boys.

P3's male MC has an actual confirmed love interest (or 2, I guess) which happens to be the best romance link in both games imo.

I mean, that SLink with "Maya" was pretty good, but best in both games, I dunno.

Unless you're talking Aigis, in the which case I think there's a fair argument to be made.

Squire

Banned
That depends if they showed Catherine at 2011, P4G at 2012 and Dragon's Crown at 2013.

If they did, they yes, I actually think it is definitely possible.

They did. The badge is always something they're actually showing, with a trailer and demo and everything. It's probably an aid in getting people to drop by the booth.

FluxWaveZ

Yeah, the timing probably just likes up. Makes sense, too. How much of that 20 page Famitsu spread can be PQ stuff when the game will have been out for two weeks and it's been covered to death? We just said some pages ago P4D stuff must be coming, so I guess we were right!

I, at least, was really doubtful (then again, always am) about P4D or P5 showing up solely for the fact that Atlus hasn't shown it off in Japan, but I think this might be a good indication that it'll be there.

Like you said, it might match up in terms of timing when E3 happens if PM #Spring or the June 19th issue of Famitsu show off P4D, where new videos and media could be associated with them. I'm just kinda surprised that Atlus USA would be showing off anything significant and Persona related before the Japan side does.

Edit: Previous badge trends indicate that it's indeed something they'll be showing at E3, it seems. Not a straight up confirmation, but it's most likely at this point.

Could mean a lot. Like, P4D releasing before P5 and maybe we could even have a P4D release date.

Dantis

They did. The badge is always something they're actually showing, with a trailer and demo and everything. It's probably an aid in getting people to drop by the booth.

Ooooh shit.

I'm getting excited now.

Also, weirdly, Sophia totally called this if it happens.

DNAbro

So dancing all night is going to be at E3. So along with Ultimax and hopefully Q that sounds real good for Atlus. Now just show off 5...

EDIT: Anyone else think that reason all these magazines are going to show off Persona stuff is to recap E3 announcements with Japan details?

Acid08

Banned
It's really less about what level you are and more about your stats/Persona you're using.

So what Persona are you rocking here, and with what skills? A good Persona, other than Izanagi, you might try for is Trumpeter. Probably one of the better Demons/Personas in the series, I think. I'm all about Angels in the series, anyway. Trumpeter and Throne are my boys.
Been telling her to use Trumpeter. For Debilitate alone it's worth having him around.

Edit: aso P4D at E3 is fucking fantastic. Cannot wait to see that game, wish it was coming out this year.

Squire

Banned
I, at least, was really doubtful (then again, always am) about P4D or P5 showing up solely for the fact that Atlus hasn't shown it off in Japan, but I think this might be a good indication that it'll be there.

Like you said, it might match up in terms of timing when E3 happens if PM #Spring or the June 19th issue of Famitsu show off P4D, where new videos and media could be associated with them. I'm just kinda surprised that Atlus USA would be showing off anything significant and Persona related before the Japan side does.

Edit: Previous badge trends indicate that it's indeed something they'll be showing at E3, it seems. Not a straight up confirmation, but it's most likely at this point.

Could mean a lot. Like, P4D releasing before P5 and maybe we could even have a P4D release date.

Ooooh shit.

I'm getting excited now.

It might also be worth noting the demo could be only partially localized. English text with JP voices. At the con Keats went to, Erin said she hadn't seen P4D yet, so that's what I'm expecting.

Dantis

It might also be worth noting the demo could be only partially localized. English text with JP voices. At the con Keats went to, Erin said she hadn't seen P4D yet, so that's what I'm expecting.

I don't give a hoot about it being English, haha! I just want to see the game.

Wazzy

Banned

I'm using Yoshitsune. I thought he would be better than Trumpeter lol

Skills aren't great. I'll have to recheck but I've got power charge and Brave Blade.

CorvoSol

I'm using Yoshitsune. I thought he would be better than Trumpeter lol

Skills aren't great. I'll have to recheck but I've got power charge and Brave Blade.

I don't think I ever even used that, but my first playthrough I pretty much JUST used Izanagi and perfected that mofo into a killing machine. Sorta how I did my strat in P3, too. Focused on collecting cards for to upgrade Orpheus. Course then I got
Messias, and it sorta didn't matter as much?
I tend to just pick faves and refine those. Except in SMT4, where I felt no attachment and just fused and fused and fused. I think in that game Cu Chulainn and Parvati were the only mainstays I had.

Wazzy

Banned
Been telling her to use Trumpeter. For Debilitate alone it's worth having him around.
Gurlllllllll Yoshitsune was destroying everything for me until this boss. :p
Yoshitsune needs Hassou Tobi in order to reach its potential.
So I just gotta reach level 83 and he learns it right?
I don't think I ever even used that, but my first playthrough I pretty much JUST used Izanagi and perfected that mofo into a killing machine. Sorta how I did my strat in P3, too. Focused on collecting cards for to upgrade Orpheus. Course then I got
Messias, and it sorta didn't matter as much?
I tend to just pick faves and refine those. Except in SMT4, where I felt no attachment and just fused and fused and fused. I think in that game Cu Chulainn and Parvati were the only mainstays I had.
I'll just grind Yoshitsune a bit and hope for the best. Is it possible to leave the dungeon and come back? Not sure how it works since it's the last day.
I was level 89. Overleveled. I think if you get to early eighties it'll be enough.

Okay cool thanks!

CorvoSol

Wazzy you can leave and enter other dungeons to build up in 'em if you want. If by chance you have a Megido skill you can go hunt Golden Hands in some of the other dungeons for quick level ups.

Not like in P3 where killing a Gold hand was damn near impossible.

Wazzy

Banned
Wazzy you can leave and enter other dungeons to build up in 'em if you want. If by chance you have a Megido skill you can go hunt Golden Hands in some of the other dungeons for quick level ups.

Not like in P3 where killing a Gold hand was damn near impossible.

I was planning to do that. My concern was if I could leave and rest or do I have to basically heal in other dungeons(which is fine, I would just prefer to leave so I can buy more healing items).

CorvoSol

I was planning to do that. My concern was if I could leave and rest or do I have to basically heal in other dungeons(which is fine, I would just prefer to leave so I can buy more healing items).

You cannot leave the Shadow World, but you may access the shops from the TV set which you normally would use to leave by.

In other news, gosh dang the P1 manga really sells you on Nanjo and Yamaoka's relationship. It's only like, one page of Nanjo, talking, but it adds so much depth to his goal of becoming the Number One man in Japan.
His parents were rich and negligent, and only Yamaoka ever praised or encouraged him, and that is what drives Nanjo's goal. I can just picture a young Nanjo talking with Yamaoka about this, wanting to be #1 so mom and pops will notice, and Yamaoka encouraging him to be #1 because he's the only fucking person who gives two shits about this kid's potential. Small wonder that Nanjo's ultimate Persona is Yamaoka. Because that's the kind of man he wants to be.

Newfound appreciation for P1 here.

Acid08

Banned
In other news, gosh dang the P1 manga really sells you on Nanjo and Yamaoka's relationship. It's only like, one page of Nanjo, talking, but it adds so much depth to his goal of becoming the Number One man in Japan.
His parents were rich and negligent, and only Yamaoka ever praised or encouraged him, and that is what drives Nanjo's goal. I can just picture a young Nanjo talking with Yamaoka about this, wanting to be #1 so mom and pops will notice, and Yamaoka encouraging him to be #1 because he's the only fucking person who gives two shits about this kid's potential. Small wonder that Nanjo's ultimate Persona is Yamaoka. Because that's the kind of man he wants to be.

Newfound appreciation for P1 here.
Yeah, it expands on things that needed expanding from the game. Such a great companion piece. Feel like it's paced really well.

Buddha and PK, are you caught up?

Had one quick look at that Atlus teaser for E3, and there's no doubt. I tried to look for some art that would fit into the silhouette perfectly, but this was the closest thing i coulld find.

275859-header.jpg

Still one can see how they are really similar.

persona-4-up-all-night-slider-620x350.jpg

EDIT: One closer look at it, and I actually think that this pic of Teddy would fit perfectly in there.

Sophia

So according to some Japanese players, PQ takes 18 hours to finish on Safety difficulty if you focus solely on the main content.

Yeah well... I am not surprised that. Persona 3 Portable could be beaten in like... 20 hours on Snorefest mode too. :p

I don't even remember the specifics of what I said! I'm getting pretty good at calling this stuff tho.

Acid08

Banned
Is it bad that I'm more excited to play P4D than PQ?
Nah, same here. Rhythm>>dungeon crawler for me. I'm interested in all the aspects of P4D equally.

PQ I'm really looking forward to seeing new stuff with the P3 cast. The gameplay, meh.

Acid08

Banned
Thanks for answering me!

Just a second though, they
solved the case in December=Winter right? So the epilogue is like, before Summer, since Summer is like July or so of the other year?
I'm just really bad with timelines and since the seasons are so diferent from where I live, I always mix thing up, sorry.
They're not saying literally when they solved the case. They just mean the end of the game.

So by the end of that Summer that year they will have: finished the Inaba case, gone through the events of both Arena games, gone through the Epilogue, and gone through P4D.

CorvoSol

Thanks for answering me!

solved the case in December=Winter right? So the epilogue is like, before Summer, since Summer is like July or so of the other year?
I'm just really bad with timelines and since the seasons are so diferent from where I live, I always mix thing up, sorry.

Technically the case is not solved until
Izanami is defeated, since she is the one behind everything else that happened in the game.

Thanks for answering me!

Basically, it's after the epilogue in Golden. At least, that's my understanding. And I think it happens after PQ and Arena/Ultimax, but I'm not super confident in that. P4 timeline getting a little cramped, ain't it? :p

PK Gaming

Yeah, it expands on things that needed expanding from the game. Such a great companion piece. Feel like it's paced really well.

Buddha and PK, are you caught up?

Not yet, i'm 5 chapters in

Thinking of posting a mini-review, because the Persona 1 manga is fucking awesome

abrack08

Basically, it's after the epilogue in Golden. At least, that's my understanding. And I think it happens after PQ and Arena/Ultimax, but I'm not super confident in that. P4 timeline getting a little cramped, ain't it? :p

Yeah, PQ happens during both P3 and P4 (TIME PARADOOOOOOOX)

Arena and presumably Ultimax take place during Golden Week (beginning of May I think?)

Then the epilogue happens some time during their Summer Vacation later that year, probably in August. I just rewatched it on YouTube and the time skip right before the epilogue clearly goes all the way through July and a few days into August (but fades out before landing on a day). Right when it shows Yu at the station it says something about it being Summer Vacation.

I don't think we know for sure where P4D fits other than "summer". It would be weird if Yu came back for Golden Week AND P4D in the summer, then again for the epilogue in August/September where they act like it's been a while, so it's probably during/after the epilogue while he's still in Inaba.

They're not saying literally when they solved the case. They just mean the end of the game.

So by the end of that Summer that year they will have: finished the Inaba case, gone through the events of both Arena games, gone through the Epilogue, and gone through P4D.

Technically the case is not solved until
Izanami is defeated, since she is the one behind everything else that happened in the game.

Thanks for the answers everyone! Yeah, I think I understand the timeline a little better now :)

Jintor

Had one quick look at that Atlus teaser for E3, and there's no doubt. I tried to look for some art that would fit into the silhouette perfectly, but this was the closest thing i coulld find.

275859-header.jpg

Still one can see how they are really similar.

persona-4-up-all-night-slider-620x350.jpg

EDIT: One closer look at it, and I actually think that this pic of Teddy would fit perfectly in there.

It's definitely Teddie with the disco ball

todd360

I love how Persona 5 is to far-fetched for you guys, but persona dancing is pretty much guaranteed. I believe someone wrote that it would be a waste of time to show such a niche Japanese game such as P5, but dancing can totally happen.

Just looked closer at the image. That is without a doubt Persona dancing. So Atlus Japan showing a persona game is confirmed. Why show up with just a dancing game when you can show up with your main dancer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom