• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xenoflare

Well that's awesome. He's awesome. This is awesome. Yay awesome. Also yay confirmation.

AWW YEAH.

Recent Atlus games always delivers in the dub section. Makes me perfectly content with sticking with dub only.

And I'm sure P4AU will follow through P4A and BB, (dual audio)

CorvoSol

Persona 2 Eternal Punishment

Somebody help me out here, cuz this battle system feels like it is in some impossible way much, much worse than Innocent Sin. There are more menus, the layout of the menus is obtuse and there's no auto. Turn Order isn't displayed so I can't plan out what I'm doing around it, and for some reason either the game's framerate is really bad or it doesn't lend itself to the PSP. On the one hand yay I have to pay attention to battles and on the other could this combat be any less fun? Granted I'm kinda loopy atm due to some meds but holy shit so much worse than IS it isn't even funny.

And wow @ new/old Maya voice. I hate that voice so much. Gimme back old/new Maya.

RedGraveXIII

Neo Member
This wait until E3 is going to be unbearable(bear pun or correct spelling of the word? you decide)

Anyone here interested in sparring with me once P4U comes out? I'm pretty shit at fighting games :(

also repost

So like I stated before I'm going to be giving away some games I accidentally bought.
I'm going to to try to keep this as fair as possible so I've come up with some guidelines.

1. One game per person.
2. PM me with a list of the top 3 games you'd like so I can move down the list just in case the game you want is taken.
3. First come, first served.
4. I'll PM you gift link.

Here are the games available to choose from, I payed the full $12 for both bundles.
https://www.humblebundle.com/
https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly
THESE GAMES ARE RESERVED: Metal Slug 3, Breach & Clear, Sweet Lily Dreams, Anything RPGMaker related

So yeah, I don't have enough time to play these games anyways so don't be shy~
Enjoy!
And if you run into any problems let me know.

TAKEN: To The Moon

This wait until E3 is going to be unbearable(bear pun or correct spelling of the word? you decide)

Anyone here interested in sparring with me once P4U comes out? I'm pretty shit at fighting games :(

Come into IRC once P4A2 drops and you'll have games all the time. We have a ton of us that are going to go in hard once that is released.

DNAbro

I didnt complete marie s link, fml :/
going to be boring for a while until the true ending.

That's usually the first thing everyone says to do when playing Golden lol

Can you even get the true ending without doing her link? I know you won't get the epilogue.

Soma

ok

so

About a year ago I started a personal poster art project based on the Persona games inspired by Olly Moss' artwork (if you haven't seen his work yet I recommend looking him up). I wanted to do a stylized poster for each main numbered game.

I more or less finished the entry for Persona 3 (which I've posted here before)

Unfortunately I pretty much abandoned the project (and graphical work altogether) due to laziness, distractions, self-consciousness, and other things. Last night though I decided to open up Photoshop and get back into it again. I've now got the groundwork done for Persona 4's entry and here's a preview of my progress so far:

iVLO7ZnHAgKcj.jpg

There's still a lot I need to clean up with these but I want to start on the next ones already. I'm kinda struggling to think of good workable concepts for both P1 and P2 but I think I can manage. I really want this to become a thing and hopefully I can finish up this project before Persona 5 comes out lol.

Guess Who

Banned
Ah! You're the artist who made that Persona 3 poster!

Seriously, it's great work, and the P4 one looks fantastic too. I'd love to see one for each game.

That's usually the first thing everyone says to do when playing Golden lol

Can you even get the true ending without doing her link? I know you won't get the epilogue.
Yeah you can still get the Vanilla True Ending without doing her link, you just miss out on the epilogue.

PK Gaming

Somebody help me out here, cuz this battle system feels like it is in some impossible way much, much worse than Innocent Sin. There are more menus, the layout of the menus is obtuse and there's no auto. Turn Order isn't displayed so I can't plan out what I'm doing around it, and for some reason either the game's framerate is really bad or it doesn't lend itself to the PSP. On the one hand yay I have to pay attention to battles and on the other could this combat be any less fun? Granted I'm kinda loopy atm due to some meds but holy shit so much worse than IS it isn't even funny.

And wow @ new/old Maya voice. I hate that voice so much. Gimme back old/new Maya.

rhzM6lU.png

Nachos

ok

so

About a year ago I started a personal poster art project based on the Persona games inspired by Olly Moss' artwork (if you haven't seen his work yet I recommend looking him up). I wanted to do a stylized poster for each main numbered game.

I more or less finished the entry for Persona 3 (which I've posted here before)

Unfortunately I pretty much abandoned the project (and graphical work altogether) due to laziness, distractions, self-consciousness, and other things. Last night though I decided to open up Photoshop and get back into it again. I've now got the groundwork done for Persona 4's entry and here's a preview of my progress so far:

There's still a lot I need to clean up with these but I want to start on the next ones already. I'm kinda struggling to think of good workable concepts for both P1 and P2 but I think I can manage. I really want this to become a thing and hopefully I can finish up this project before Persona 5 comes out lol.
LOVE Olly Moss, and these posters seem cool. The only thing is that if you're going after the minimalist style, you need to integrate the visual elements into the silhouettes more. I don't know if you'd be interested in redoing anything, but off the top of my head, it'd be cool if two of the TVs doubled as Yu's glasses, and if the moon worked as one of Makoto's headphones.

fertygo

No localization for the PSP port is Innocent Sins by atlus.. and Eternal Punishment for us ;___;

CorvoSol

PQ site updated. With DLC sub-personas.

Kaguya (coming June 11)
ddz4wC5.png

and Orpheus Telos (coming June 18)
E5qyktZ.png

all free btw

Look, a Persona belonging to the newly added female character and a variant of Orpheus!

BUT NOT THE ORPHEUS OF THE NEWLY ADDED FEMALE CHARACTER.

Soma

LOVE Olly Moss, and these posters seem cool. The only thing is that if you're going after the minimalist style, you need to integrate the visual elements into the silhouettes more. I don't know if you'd be interested in redoing anything, but off the top of my head, it'd be cool if two of the TVs doubled as Yu's glasses, and if the moon worked as one of Makoto's headphones.

Ooooh those are some pretty cool ideas that I might try to run with if I can implement them well enough.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Squire

Banned
Atlus Faithful Newsletter said:
E3 is right around the corner, and boy do we have some plans for the most important videogame show of the year!

Our big tentpole game this year is Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, the sequel to 2012's multiple award-winning fighting game, and we're not going to let any sissy yellow or blue-colored ninjas stand in our way to win the best fighting game of the show. Persona 4 Arena Ultimax is a legit contender and we'll be running matches throughout the show! In fact, we'll even have legendary character designer Shigenori Soejima (Persona 3/4/Arena/Ultimax/Q, Catherine, etc.) on hand signing our limited edition E3 prints. And you can find out how to win one by reading on...

We'll also have some new trailers for Persona Q and Persona 4 Arena Ultimax; keep an eye on your inbox next week, we'll share those trailers to the Faithful next Tuesday!

Dunno how to link it, sorry!

Nachos

Look, a Persona belonging to the newly added female character and a variant of Orpheus!

BUT NOT THE ORPHEUS OF THE NEWLY ADDED FEMALE CHARACTER.
Because Atlus realized genderbent Orpheus is ugly and doesn't make much sense at all. Clara needs a new one, preferably Erybus.

Dunno how to link it, sorry!
It's an email, so there is no way to embed anything, particularly with how locked up the coding for GAF is. You'd have to take a screenshot. Also, camo disco ninjas confirmed to be manlier than yellow and blue ones.

FluxWaveZ

P4AU Yukiko trailer
P4AU Yosuke trailer
DLC set added to Special section. Not too sure what that's about, or if it's just about the new character's episode.
P4U DLC episode added to Story section.

New character's silhouette added to character page. There's no longer a "Coming Soon" character slot, so that means they were probably last.

Obviously, one will want to avoid the site from now on if they want to avoid being spoiled on P4.

They've updated the P4AU website with a new story section

http://p-atlus.jp/p4u2/story/

Looks like it's just the first games story?

Yeah, the one that comes as DLC with the PNP. Makes sense.

Q8D3vil

Persona 4 arena story any good ?
almost finished with P4G and i have the itch to plahy a 2d fighting game (unfortunately i live in shitty country so i wont be able to enjoy the multiplayer).

FluxWaveZ

The
Adachi
DLC has been added to the special section, so do you think this means it's not that relevant to the main story? or are they saving it for when they update the character page.

No, it was stated to be DLC from the get-go. It's likely that it will be the last slot in the Story page.

yeah, I knew it was dlc. What I meant was they didn't add it to the story section so is it just that, a DLC extra episode and not key to the main plot of the game.

But seeing how the character page still isn't up, it makes sense to not add it yet I suppose.

Well, it took almost 2 weeks for the P4U story episode to be added there, so they can always just update it when they want. Looking at trends for this stuff can be pretty erroneous (see: today's character trailers).

No, it was stated to be DLC from the get-go. It's likely that it will be the last slot in the Story page.

yeah, I knew it was dlc. What I meant was they didn't add it to the story section so is it just that, a DLC extra episode and not key to the main plot of the game.

But seeing how the character page still isn't up, it makes sense to not add it yet I suppose.

FluxWaveZ

This is apparently what that DLC set page is about:
There will be 37 variations of the DLC card that the
Adachi
DLC set is included on in first print copies, each with a different character.
Take the amount of characters we have now, double it and minus the amount of characters who don't have Shadow mode (Both Shos, Liz, Shadow Labby and apparently
Adachi
) and you get 35. Either the remaining 2 are not characters or there's at least one more character. But unlike after Ken's reveal where there was still a "coming soon" box, there is none now so maybe they're deliberately hiding the existence of this potential character (or characters).

He goes on to observe that there will be 37 variations, but only 35 are accounted for in terms of currently known characters. I wouldn't think that both Shadow Labrys characters would have their own variations, either, which would make for 34, but let's count them regardless. It's definitely intriguing.

On one hand, they probably wouldn't want to reveal or overtly hint at a potentially last, major addition to the P4AU roster like they did with new character. "8 new characters" sounds better than "7 new characters" just by being an even number, too, but that's just silly. On the other hand, there's the final character select screen design and just the fact that there's no longer a "Coming Soon" slot on the character page.

Regardless, wonder what the 2 variations not accounted for could be. It's worth noting that
Adachi
is entry #035, which means that #036 and #037 are two characters that will be introduced after them, and not two characters that are currently part of the roster or something like a Ken/Koromaru split that we're missing.

Edit: And it had been stated in Famitsu, but the person who translated the page also confirms that to start
Episode Adachi
, one will have to finish Episode P4.

This is apparently what that DLC set page is about:

He goes on to observe that there will be 37 variations, but only 35 are accounted for in terms of currently known characters. I wouldn't think that both Shadow Labrys characters would have their own variations, either, which would make for 34, but let's count them regardless. It's definitely intriguing.

On one hand, they probably wouldn't want to reveal or overtly hint at a potentially last, major addition to the P4AU roster like they did with new character. "8 new characters" sounds better than "7 new characters" just by being an even number, too, but that's just silly. On the other hand, there's the final character select screen design and just the fact that there's no longer a "Coming Soon" slot on the character page.

Regardless, wonder what the 2 variations not accounted for could be. It's worth noting that
Adachi
is entry #035, which means that #036 and #037 are two characters that will be introduced after them, and not two characters that are currently part of the roster or something like a Ken/Koromaru split that we're missing.

Edit: And it had been stated in Famitsu, but the person who translated the page also confirms that to start
Episode Adachi
, one will have to finish Episode P4.

I could see Fuuka being on a card, and maybe Ken/Koromaru on separate cards..

Though it is still interesting. I would love for there to be a secret last character.

FluxWaveZ

I could see Fuuka being on a card, and maybe Ken/Koromaru on separate cards..

Though it is still interesting. I would love for there to be a secret last character.

Ken/Koromaru couldn't be separate cards, because if that were the case, their Shadows would push the number to 38. Fuuka is possible, though. Something like Fuuka and Theodore, who seem to be the other two, currently known, main players in the story.

Then again, though, the numbering makes me find that a bit weird. And considering the designs of those cards, I'd also heavily doubt it, because all of them have aspects of a playable character (title, profile portrait and vs. portrait). They'd need to come up with all of that just for a card if it were Theodore and Fuuka.

Well, is it possible for them to have a character that fights in story mode but isn't available in versus mode/selectable by the player at all?

No, that'd be ridiculous, unless it's a BBCP final boss scenario (in which case, something like that most probably wouldn't have a card).

Edit: Famitsu has some higher resolution of the preview cards.

Meia

Well, is it possible for them to have a character that fights in story mode but isn't available in versus mode/selectable by the player at all?

In terms of the polygon article, they were somewhat smart about the article itself(P4, then P3 spoilz),
just referencing him as a rookie detective and nothing else, but that obviously wouldn't fly here, especially not now.

Realistically, we're just being really nice about the whole thing, but there is a point to be made in that the character spoiler here is almost as damaging as finding out Makoto's ultimate fate at the end of P3 ahead of time too.

Ken/Koromaru couldn't be separate cards, because if that were the case, their Shadows would push the number to 38. Fuuka is possible, though. Something like Fuuka and Theodore, who seem to be the other two, currently known, main players in the story.

Then again, though, the numbering makes me find that a bit weird. And considering the designs of those cards, I'd also heavily doubt it, because all of them have aspects of a playable character (title, profile portrait and vs. portrait). They'd need to come up with all of that just for a card if it were Theodore and Fuuka.

Would it?

If you count the character boxes on the website and then add 2 more for Koromaru and Shadow Koromaru you get 37.

It has been a rather long morning, but I'm pretty sure that it adds up to 37

Realistically, we're just being really nice about the whole thing, but there is a point to be made in that the character spoiler here is almost as damaging as finding out Makoto's ultimate fate at the end of P3 ahead of time too.

I don't want to start the discussion again, but I think the rapid and outrage of the reactions to these articles and posts are making the spoiler more obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom