• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

Would it?

If you count the character boxes on the website and then add 2 more for Koromaru and Shadow Koromaru you get 37.

It has been a rather long morning, but I'm pretty sure that it adds up to 37

You're right, I don't know why I counted 38. I'd think it'd be case closed at that point, but that doesn't explain why
Adachi
is #035. Do you agree that there's no way that Ken/Koromaru and Shadow Ken/Koromaru would be #036 and #037, numbers after the new character?

You're right, I don't know why I counted 38. I'd think it'd be case closed at that point, but that doesn't explain why
Adachi
is #035. Do you agree that there's no way that Ken/Koromaru and Shadow Ken/Koromaru would be #036 and #037, numbers after the new character?

You're right. I never noticed that the cards were individually numbered. My guess is that it might be 2 foil cards?

kewlmyc

Look, a Persona belonging to the newly added female character and a variant of Orpheus!

BUT NOT THE ORPHEUS OF THE NEWLY ADDED FEMALE CHARACTER.
To be fair, female Orpheus has always been stupid and kinda lazy and should have never existed. FeMC should have gotten Eurydice.

FluxWaveZ

You're right. I never noticed that the cards were individually numbered. My guess is that it might be 2 foil cards?

I personally don't think that's likely, but I suppose it's possible if these are supposed to be for collectible purposes. Still, that doesn't really answer who they would be cards of. We won't know for a while, I suppose. All that I can say with no doubt in my mind is that they won't be of any character who's currently part of the playable roster.

If they do go the foil route, then I could see it being a group shot, one for P3 and one for P4 or maybe something like Yu and Sho.

Ah, that'd be interesting. Yeah, actually, #036 and #037 could be anything.

Xenoflare

s113_FMDeE7TwiM9e3Z2Zbf1b6CeUx7XV6KTe.jpg

Adachi's neck, when you see it......

don't get fooled by his collar.

I personally don't think that's likely, but I suppose it's possible if these are supposed to be for collectible purposes. Still, that doesn't really answer who they would be cards of. We won't know for a while, I suppose. All that I can say with no doubt in my mind is that they won't be of any character who's currently part of the playable roster.

If they aren't foil cards then I completely agree.

If they do go the foil route, then I could see it being a group shot, one for P3 and one for P4 or maybe something like Yu and Sho.

PQ site updated. With DLC sub-personas.

Kaguya (coming June 11)
ddz4wC5.png

and Orpheus Telos (coming June 18)
E5qyktZ.png

all free btw

The description for them makes them sound really overpowered. Kaguya is registered in your compendium as a level 16 sub-persona, and she has a passive skill called Moon's Protection. Every turn for the first 3 turns in a battle, null the first attack made.
Meanwhile Orpheus Telos is level 26, and possesses a passive Harp of Renewal, which heals your entire party as well as removes negative status effects and binds every turn for 3 turns.

I seriously thought he was in a bathtub chilling when i first saw this pic. :p

My initial reaction to Akihiko's redesign was the exact same one as Yukiko.

It looks like the character roster is set. There's no more "coming soon" on the site and we can assume if that last odd place is filled, it will be done so by shadow
Adachi.

Now that all the story chapters have been revealed, i want to see what "new" game modes they have to offer. There's still a ton of them blanked out.

FluxWaveZ

It looks like the character roster is set. There's no more "coming soon" on the site and we can assume if that last odd place is filled, it will be done so by shadow
Adachi.

There is no Shadow
Adachi
: it hasn't appeared at all throughout the media of them (when that was the case for everyone else) and the character gains yellow eyes in some of their supers, when they're doing their usual mind freak out. Not to mention that their DLC card is imbued in red, which is reserved for Shadows and antagonists.

Because of the two cards left after #035 and the fact that if that character was to be included in the game, they'd want to pull their reveal in the most surprising way possible, I don't think it's all that safe to say that the roster has been finalized yet. I'm personally inclined to believe that it is, though.

The description for them makes them sound really overpowered. Kaguya is registered in your compendium as a level 16 sub-persona, and she has a passive skill called Moon's Protection. Every turn for the first 3 turns in a battle, null the first attack made.
Meanwhile Orpheus Telos is level 26, and possesses a passive Harp of Renewal, which heals your entire party as well as removes negative status effects and binds every turn for 3 turns.

Is it paid DLC?

Because if so I'm already making fart noises

Because of the two cards left after #035 and the fact that if that character was to be included in the game, they'd want to pull their reveal in the most surprising way possible, I don't think it's all that safe to say that the roster has been finalized yet. I'm personally inclined to believe that it is, though.

Just seen that card page. It certainly is an interesting theory, and i guess if there were two other characters, they would knock out the two remaining random boxes on the character select screen.

Im with you on being inclined that the roster is complete. Then again, there's still a couple of months until release. Who knows what awaits us.

FluxWaveZ

Im with you on being inclined that the roster is complete. Then again, there's still a couple of months until release. Who knows what awaits us.

A part of me is still bullish on the prospect, though. I feel they would have kept the new character's reveal closer to release if they were actually the last one. There are those two unaccounted DLC cards. BBCSEX to BBCP added 7 playable characters in 23 months, while P4U to P4U2 currently has 7 added (really, 6 if we consider the fact that Sho and Minazuki share the same 3D model, and a ton of the same sprites) with a delay of 25 months. There's the factor of surprise, that's probably important if the character is the next "obvious" one to the one who was recently revealed.

All I know is that the roster is awesome as it is now, so I'm totally fine either way. (Of course, more characters is always better)

Yukiko and Yosuke subs, coming right up!

Bed time for me now, though~

Nice, thanks.

Tangentially, I found these trailers to be the most boring ones yet. I guess lack of anime scenes would do that, among other things. It'll probably be like that for most of the returning characters.

FluxWaveZ

So this DLC serves as a form of region lock, right? You'd have to use a JP account to redeem and buy DLC?

Well, not really. P4A had DLC. And anyone can create an account for another region, redeem DLC, and just use it with any other account afterwards. It's just that it might be one of the things facilitating the game potentially being region free because of the fact that it's a first-print copy bonus.

Region locks and tears.

Helllllll No.......

If it is region locked, ill still be able to play it..................:p

Thanks Pepsi

Tangentially, I found these trailers to be the most boring ones yet. I guess lack of anime scenes would do that, among other things. It'll probably be like that for most of the returning characters.

Definitely, the worse week for ultimax trailers. Though, the Yukiko trailer i didnt mind to much. Probably because shes one of my favorite characters.

So this DLC serves as a form of region lock, right? You'd have to use a JP account to redeem and buy DLC?

Not at all. I have the JP copy of JoJos and downloading the dlc on that is as simple as signing in on a JP account, installing and then going back to my EU one. Though I can't play with people who have the EU copy, but I doubt that's related. Hence my confusion about why it acts as an alternative to region locking earlier.

Edit: Beaten

I don't suppose anyone here is going to E3? ;_;

I would assume it's one per person, so it's going to be mighty tough to find one, looking myself, expecting to probably pay for it ;_;

Helllllll No.......

If it is region locked, ill still be able to play it..................:p

Curse you!

Setsu00

Oh shit. Shit shit shit shit shit.

I'm trying to think of a way to get one. I entered Destructoid's competition, but I doubt I'll win.

I don't suppose anyone here is going to E3? ;_;

I entered the competition as well, but I don't think I'll win either.

Anyway, I wish you luck!

Meia

The returning character trailers are going to be the most boring as we just get some snippets of their story modes, as well as I'm guessing new moves and stuff they have in the gameplay portions? Didn't play enough of Arena to tell, sadly.

Light The Fire Up In The Night is amazing.

I'm going to listen to it whilst I cry in a corner.

Yeah, the PQ music is amazing, can't wait for the full OST next month. :D

FluxWaveZ

The returning character trailers are going to be the most boring as we just get some snippets of their story modes, as well as I'm guessing new moves and stuff they have in the gameplay portions? Didn't play enough of Arena to tell, sadly.

I don't think all of them will be too bad, though. Labrys's was good a few weeks ago, for example. I'm guessing Narukami's, Liz's and Shadow Labrys's will all be pretty good, as well as most of the Shadow Operatives' (if not all).

At the very least we'll get an english trailer during E3 week, and one would hope an
adachi
trailer next thursday.

Meia

I don't think all of them will be too bad, though. Labrys's was good a few weeks ago, for example. I'm guessing Narukami's, Liz's and Shadow Labrys's will all be pretty good, as well as most of the Shadow Operatives' (if not all).

Well, you can also pick out things thanks to pepsi translating them for us. Which character has amnesia, Sho I'm guessing?

Based Pepsi, can't wait to check these out
I dunno if region lock is the term I'd use in this case. It's true in that 99% of the time the DLC has to be of the same region as the game itself. That said this doesn't mean the game itself is region locked. If Ultimax isn't locked and you import it and it comes with a DLC code, make a Japanese account to redeem the Japanese DLC code for your game. From there you can play it on any account on your system (unless some of the DLC is an online pass, in which case you'd have to use the Japanese account to play online) so long as that account it was downloaded with is on the console. That said if you decide to get the US version later on, the Japanese DLC you have won't be compatible, and thus would need the US equivalent.

Lunar15

God, I want to play the P4 story first, but the P3 battle theme is so much better. I feel like P4's battle theme should have organ in it. That was kind of the staple of P4's music.

Also, is this Kitajoh? Not sure it's Meguro, but I could be wrong. Either way, it's really good.

Tiu Neo

Yes, it is. If the rest of the soundtrack is as good as this, I'll import it as soon as I can.

I like the P3 version better, but the P4 isn't bad too. Love the fact they put Lotus Juice on both.

Dantis

God, I want to play the P4 story first, but the P3 battle theme is so much better. I feel like P4's battle theme should have organ in it. That was kind of the staple of P4's music.

Also, is this Kitajoh? Not sure it's Meguro, but I could be wrong. Either way, it's really good.

Pretty sure it's Kitajoh, yeah. Too much sax, and not a catchy enough melody (no disrespect to it).

Listening to the rest of the bonus CD. It's amazing. Best Persona soundtrack since 4, for sure.

Lunar15

Pretty sure it's Kitajoh, yeah. Too much sax, and not a catchy enough melody (no disrespect to it).

His guitar work always sounds more "hard rock" as compared to Meguro's "prog rock" sound. You can definitely tell the difference in the guitar solo.

Also he has a weird habit of just having all of the instruments play the same note at the same time. Meguro's stuff is a little more nuanced about that.

Still, they're great battle themes.

Listening to the rest of the bonus CD. It's amazing. Best Persona soundtrack since 4, for sure.

I haven't listened to this yet but no such thing as too much sax Dan-chan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom