• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

Buddha explain Ulala to me. Here are my questions:

1) What the fuck does "a ceramic girl" mean? That's what the game introduces her as.

2) When the game says "she sells lingerie" does this mean that Ulala is a lingerie model, or that she works at a lingerie shop? Is she the girl on a Victoria's secret poster, or the girl behind the register at Victoria's secret?

1) No clue, EP's translation is pretty antiquated... (I'd kill for a modern day translation OTL)
2) She works at a department store selling lingerie.
3) Ulala is one of the best/enjoyable characters in EP (nay, the entire Persona series). You should definitely try to experience P2EP because of her.

It's been a while, but here's a personer:
tumblr_n6pox0dLB61tt73w0o1_1280.png

tumblr_n6pox0dLB61tt73w0o2_1280.png

CorvoSol

what's the "ma-ya" "nickname" supposed to be?

I was under the impression she was a lingerie model so I assumed she was like French so I was pretending it was like "MAWYAW, DAHLING, ZE TEA IS GETTING HAWT" but that makes no fucking sense especially since my initial assumptions were all wrong.

I really hate PSX Maya's VA. PSP Maya is just how I imagined her, but PSX Maya sounds like some escapee from a children's show. When she says "Whoop-ass completed!" it sounds less like she just finished whooping some ass and more like she's hugging some gigantic marshmallow pillow demon as they sing about the virtues of friendship or something.

And then her "Jus fugettabout me" in the game's opening had me like, "Labrys is that your drunken mother on the line?"

Also, my party is a woman with heartboobs and a necktie in a weird brown ensemble, a store clerk in a spiderweb patterned dress and one smooth dressed detective.

I won't quote the whole thing (even though it's spot-on), but I wanted to say that Daimaou is completely right when it comes to the whole spoiler debate. It's not about us, since we aren't the ones being spoiled. If people really want to talk about the spoilers related to P4 and P4AU, then there needs to be a thread for P4AU where spoilers are allowed.

In the end, it's just about being conscientious to others. It's really not that hard to spoiler tag something with a preceding, meaningful warning.

Dantis, to put this whole thing to rest, I really think we should add something explicit to the thread title itself. These new games are coming out (or, in the case of PQ, are already out in Japan), and we should be prepared for that.

what's the "ma-ya" "nickname" supposed to be?

The way I always read it was like a way of emphasising the the syllables in a certain way.

From what I understand マーヤ or Ma-ya is actually a given name and not a nickname. It phonetically sounds the same as 舞耶 [Maya] with an extended 'ah'.

If the two names are different or if the first is just a more informal way of saying it I don't know. But it could be like David and Dave, both given names but one can be used as a nickname.

There's a few people who actually speak Japanese here, so i'll be interested in seeing what they say about it.

Nich sniped me but he got the right answer there, thats what it means :p

Interesting, I still see it as the way the phrase means from here. I agree with Nich that it should be changed. Rather silly really.

Also, my party is a woman with heartboobs and a necktie in a weird brown ensemble, a store clerk in a spiderweb patterned dress and one smooth dressed detective.

I hope P5 has just as good outfits, none of this high-street fashion nonsense we saw in P4

arue

I've been away for a week with no internet and all of these stuff are happening?!

• I guess my prediction was right, the new P4AU character is revealed through Famitsu. I was surprised that the reveal came earlier than I thought. If I remember correctly, Rise and Ken were revealed with one month gap in between.
  • Regarding spoilers in this thread, I think we should keep it the way it is. I don't like getting spoiled and I'm always afraid of spoiling others.
  • Soejima is coming to E3?! I live on the other side of the country T__T
  • Persona Q opening is so good. That full remix <3
  • Great job Setsu and Mamba on your drawings. I haven't draw in a while, so these really motivate me to draw something.

RedGraveXIII

Neo Member
last time I'll post this

So like I stated before I'm going to be giving away some games I accidentally bought.
I'm going to try to keep this as fair as possible so I've come up with some guidelines.

1. One game per person.
2. PM me with a list of the top 3 games you'd like so I can move down the list just in case the game you want is taken.
3. First come, first served.
4. I'll PM you gift link.

Here are the games available to choose from, I payed the full $12 for both bundles.
https://www.humblebundle.com/
https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly The RPGMaker bundle, along with some other RPGs(Skyborn, Legionwood 2)
THESE GAMES ARE RESERVED: Metal Slug 3, Breach & Clear, Sweet Lily Dreams, Anything RPGMaker related

So yeah, I don't have enough time to play these games anyways so don't be shy~
Enjoy!
And if you run into any problems let me know.

TAKEN: To The Moon, Frozen Synapse

kewlmyc

I won't quote the whole thing (even though it's spot-on), but I wanted to say that Daimaou is completely right when it comes to the whole spoiler debate. It's not about us, since we aren't the ones being spoiled. If people really want to talk about the spoilers related to P4 and P4AU, then there needs to be a thread for P4AU where spoilers are allowed.

In the end, it's just about being conscientious to others. It's really not that hard to spoiler tag something with a preceding, meaningful warning.

Dantis, to put this whole thing to rest, I really think we should add something explicit to the thread title itself. These new games are coming out (or, in the case of PQ, are already out in Japan), and we should be prepared for that.
It's not the new games people are worried about. It's whenever we should keep spoiling
Adachi
since Atlus doesn't seem to care about that at this time. A spoiler thread for P4AU won't resolve that. Every news site reporting the news doesn't care either and when the game comes out, people playing the game won't care either. The main deal I see with this whole thing is why even bother sneaking and being cautious about something that nobody else, including the people who own the series, is?

Meia

Laser Beam is the boss fight music, I think.

Light The Fire Up In The Night has two versions: A P3 and a P4 version.

Also, any guesses as to what the normal version of this track is? Sounds like it could be a boss theme to me.

Well, if we're going to carry on the EO motif all the way through, we need the special boss music, as well as FOE music, so this may be one of those. This doesn't really strike me as something causing panic as FOE music does though, but it also doesn't sound as grandiose as the boss music from EO4, so who knows?

Some of the later dungeon strata had different main battle music, so could be that too.

Setsu00

what was the contest and what did u win?

From Destructoid:

Here's the contest: See if you can figure out what the artwork is that might appear on the front and/or back side of the insert. Draw your own stuff, fill it in with other images, etc. Just simple comments won't count! Pull up your photo editing programs and see if you can solve the mystery.

We'll be picking a winner and revealing the official image this Thursday at around 2PM PT! The person that gets the closest to the actual image will win an E3-exclusive Persona 4 Arena Ultimax signed print of one of Atlus' next games. Contest is open to all territories too. Good luck!

Dantis

Your entry was the best, and you deserved to win, realistically.

I need a new plan to get one of these pictures.

I don't think I'm going to get one of these pictures. ;_;

Setsu00

Your entry was the best, and you deserved to win, realistically.

I need a new plan to get one of these pictures.

I don't think I'm going to get one of these pictures. ;_;

I really appreciate this. I know you wanted the print at least as much as I did.

Daimaou

Guys. GUYS. GUYS!!!!

I won the Destructoid contest!!!!!

I can die now.

Congratulations!

It's not the new games people are worried about. It's whenever we should keep spoiling
Adachi
since Atlus doesn't seem to care about that at this time. A spoiler thread for P4AU won't resolve that. Every news site reporting the news doesn't care either and when the game comes out, people playing the game won't care either. The main deal I see with this whole thing is why even bother sneaking and being cautious about something that nobody else, including the people who own the series, is?

1. Other people doing something is a poor justification for doing it yourself.
2. People are acting like this is some "Snape kills Dumbledore" meme level shit. It's not. Past these first few days this is no longer news. Discussion of P4 and its sequels will be limited to the same parts of the internet it's always been.
3. If someone goes looking for information on sequels to a game they're currently playing or interested in playing and get spoiled, that's on them. If someone who has not been spoiled comes in here and gets spoiled, that's on us.

We regulars (maybe I shouldn't include myself so readily, considering how often I actually post) set the tone of the thread. It's up to us on how much we want to accommodate people entirely new to the series. What other threads or sites do is of no concern to us.

Edit: Yes I know I said I was done shut up I'm easily provoked.

DNAbro

Just finished my first max social link run of P4G. Was also able to beat Margret
on very easy mode

Every time I play this game I love it even more. I always feel good when playing it, it's like an 80 hour long pick-me-up.

Nachos

I hope P5 has just as good outfits, none of this high-street fashion nonsense we saw in P4
I can't say like all of them in P4, but I hope they keep them for at least some of the characters.

It's been a while, but here's a personer:
These really nice. Thanks, Mamba!

Guys. GUYS. GUYS!!!!

I won the Destructoid contest!!!!!

I can die now.
Congrats, congrats, congrats!

The description for them makes them sound really overpowered. Kaguya is registered in your compendium as a level 16 sub-persona, and she has a passive skill called Moon's Protection. Every turn for the first 3 turns in a battle, null the first attack made.
Meanwhile Orpheus Telos is level 26, and possesses a passive Harp of Renewal, which heals your entire party as well as removes negative status effects and binds every turn for 3 turns.
I'd have to see the Telos' effect in action, but Kaguya doesn't seem overpowered at all. I imagine that even on normal, that's hardly going to help you near the end of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom