• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noi

Today's episode is a bit late due to the FFXIV 2.28 patch dropping today, but better late than never.

DJ8TvwK.jpg

With Yosuke having coerced our heroes into his ghost hunt, the gang ends up at the park for some scooby doo shenanigans. Chie is terrible at hiding her true intentions, so Yosuke soom surmises that they're interested in finding the "ghost hunter" that hangs around the park.

uDIvbdl.jpg

I'm sure you're right bully right now, dude. Yosuke brandishes his new bought ghost hunting tools and proceeds to make a butt of himsel-

3byWxh4.jpg

wait what. Against all the odds, a Yosuke plan actually works, although Chie isn't without her apprehension about it. As they move closer to the spot that Yosuke's app is pointing to, MC-kun and Chie spot a door standing in the middle of... nothing. Yosuke can't see it, of course, until the door itself opens.

ZrExC92.jpg
i90PzQY.jpg

Apparently when an invisible door opens up, even people who can't see spectral stuff notice that black portal to nothing it leaves behind.

If you expected something to go wrong at this point, give yourself a pat in the back.

RJLCzRT.jpg

Oh no.

4Gq3tgE.jpg

OH NO.

Thankfully, Yosuke gets pulled into the hole before his pants drop the whole way. MC-kun runs after him, telling Chie to stay behind. Chie doesn't have a rope this time though, so she says "Screw that!" and runs in with him.

Unsurprisingly, Yosuke's alright. His pants are still with him.

AJtLrya.jpg
oc0XIRs.jpg

Oh, and Tits Sexygor is here too. The dynamic duo pops up soon after, to which remarks that she's not usually that busy. Sexygor gives Yosuke the same ultimatum she gave MC-kun and Chie, to pick a weapon (and live) or pick a weapon (and die). Yosuke's more surprised that Sexygor is offering him a weapon for FREE and, after confirming as much, runs off like a kid in a candy shop.

Unfortunately for us, Yosuke is apparently a picky window shopper when it comes to stuff that isn't plastered on a TV infomercial.

MC-kun: He's the kind of guy who takes two hours to pick out a t-shirt. I went shopping with him and Labrys once. Never again.

Chie: What happened?

MC-kun: Well, Labrys likes helping people pick things out, and Yosuke takes forever to make up his mind about anything.

Chie: That does sound... not good.

MC-kun: He won't be able to pick one. Just watch.

gFflnfL.jpg

As it turns out though, Yosuke's kind of clumsy in the worst situations.

4d2FJA8.jpg
LTL4tw6.jpg

CGmwMHw.jpg

To be honest, I don't blame him cause no one ever said that before. Sexygor finds this exchange very amusing though, and lets him know that he did, in fact, pick the right weapon through dumb luck. There is a caveat to it though.

Sexygor: I confess I haven't seen a case like this before, but it seems that both weapons must have been suitable for him. Nonetheless, if you had made the wrong choice, you could have been eaten whole.

Yosuke: ...Eaten?

Sexygor: Yes. Whole. Fortunately it seems to have only been your hand this time.

Yosuke is immediately covered with that dastardly black screen-covering good, this time with some different effects.

BIXFERZ.jpg

MC-kun and Chie scream and run to his side to see if he's ok, but Yosuke seems to take his sudden case of anime arm bandages pretty well.

X3PfUOG.jpg
LStkgSL.jpg

MC-kun and Chie immediately regret ever being worried for the guy. If it wasn't obvious already, now Yosuke is a fellow Persona user Minder. Sexygor suddenly speaks up and tells the group that, because they came into the Weapon Shop through a different portal than before, they'll have to find an alternate way back home. The store lies in another besides theirs, with many violent MINDs in the way. That said, she kicks them out without a moment's hesitation. And thus, we're in our first dungeon! But not before Yosuke has final moment of acting like a doofus.

ycwYkpz.jpg

Dungeon #1: Lament of Life

Floors: 4 (Dungeon Map)
0mr70v8.gif
Persona 3 - Tartarus (Block 1-6)

VbvIwkP.jpg

Although the first dungeon has a couple of floors worth of exploration, only the first floor is open to us during this tutorial segment. Mind Zero is a first persona dungeon crawler ala Persona 1. There's a couple of tutorial event markers along the floor which teach us the basics of battle, but I already covered most of that in Part 2. The tutorial floor is pretty much full of the basic salarymen we've fought so far, though in higher numbers. Pretty uneventful otherwise.

As we reach the final room, we're attacked by a stronger than average salaryman. And for once, I can actually link to an actual song from the game!
0mr70v8.gif
Mind Zero - Boss Theme

h5zhPJa.jpg

Despite looking really ugly, the poor guy goes down like a chump.

The gang relaxes after a hard-won battle. Probably a little too early though, as the Salaryman Boss strikes back with a vengeance!

639JUkk.jpg

Just as it seems like all hope is lost and a hentai that I may or may not have seen before is about to be recreated, a mysterious stranger bursts on the scene and blasts the Ugly Salaryman to smithereens!

PsgivxK.jpg

Who is this mysterious old man? Is he a Minder too? Is he a friend or a foe? You'll just have to wait until next time on MIND≒0!

More and more excited for P4D!

Anyone know what time Atlus is showing their stuff? I'm at work during the xbox conference but I have the rest of the evening and all day Tuesday free!

NichM

Banned
More and more excited for P4D!

Anyone know what time Atlus is showing their stuff? I'm at work during the xbox conference but I have the rest of the evening and all day Tuesday free!

There's no Atlus conference. We just have a booth on the show floor, which opens at 10 AM on Tuesday.

There's no Atlus conference. We just have a booth on the show floor, which opens at 10 AM on Tuesday.

That's right. Not quite sure why I thought Atlus was a part of the conferences. Must be all the excitement for P4D getting to me.

Browsing tumblr has brightened up my morning as usual.

tumblr_inline_n6q4dqJSBn1syht8x.png

Setsu00

wow setsu even got the tagline right!

congrats man

Getting the tagline right wasn't hard at all, to be honest. I just used what little information they gave us in the Atlus Faithful newsletter which included the tagline.

So yes, joining Atlus Faithful was a wonderful decision! Thanks, based Atlus!

To be fair, I think Atlus would do well to show Persona 5 at a show like this, especially given the lack of JRPGs at the show most years. Competition this year would have been, what, X?

That's not part of Japan's marketing strategy I guess, so whatever. It will never happen... but it should!

When many of his best songs aren't pop songs? Please no.

ehhhhhh I'm not sure how much I agree with that

Pepsiman

@iiotenki on Twitter!
That art reminds me of the poster art they used to advertise the location tests at arcades for the first game for whatever reason. I almost regret not trying to steal one of them when I had the chance when I went to one of the location tests myself. *sigh*

p4u1202_2.jpg

Meia

Nice that they made room for the special DLC character :>

Was my first thought as well seeing a wide open spot on the very top bathed in light.

My second thought was Chie just probably broke her leg since a knee shouldn't be twisting a leg that way on a forward kick.

I love how they made Yu become this total baddass character. It suits the image that I had of him in my head while playing P4 LOL.
Makoto on the other hand, also got nailed down perfectly in the movie, again just what I expected him to be like. Seeing both personalities being put together in PQ is gonna be awesome.

I hope that's not the box art. It makes the game look like a generic fighting tourney game. No reference to the actual story.

Also, why does only Yu look ridiculous?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom