• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedGraveXIII

Neo Member
well if Junpei is da man, evidently so!

At least ATLUS acknowledges Junpei's existance, you dingleberry.

3559331-7007233139-kelso.jpg

Dantis

Who wants to play a game of 'Decipher the chorus of Light The Fire Up In The Night'?

To me, it sounds like

'Like the shining stars light the path whenever it's dark,
You keep on blinking at me,
You never turn away from me,
In this (something) night sky,

Light the fire up in the night,
The journey that we travel for our cries,
No matter where we go,
We will not stop them shining forever"

Also, "You're looking present, I'm already futuristic" is the best line ever.

Sophia

Who wants to play a game of 'Decipher the chorus of Light The Fire Up In The Night'?

To me, it sounds like

No matter where we go,

The fourth line is "In this vast gloomy night sky."

Pretty sure the rest of the lines are correct, except for that last one which I'm not sure about.

To me, it sounds like

No matter where we go,

I think the missing phrase is "last/vast gloomy night sky," and I hear "prize" instead of "cries" in the second line of the second part, but other than those it's spot-on according to my ears!

Dantis

The fourth line is "In this vast gloomy night sky."

Pretty sure the rest of the lines are correct, except for that last one which I'm not sure about.

I think the missing phrase is "last/vast gloomy night sky," and I hear "prize" instead of "cries" in the second line of the second part, but other than those it's spot-on according to my ears!

I think these are both right. I also think you're right that it's prize, not cries.

Dantis

I really, really, really hope that the US version of PQ (which I shall be importing) comes with the bonus CD. It's superb.

RedGraveXIII

Neo Member
Maybe someone can clarify for me, but isn't there still one more empty character slot?

I'm probably just crazy but when I saw that empty space near Sho's hand on the P4U cover I immediately thought of this http://i.imgur.com/eMZ1M.jpg p3 spoiler(just in case)
I don't know, I could just kind of imagine
Makoto taking up that space in a crucified position

Squire

Banned
Amazing, and hilarious. The lineart on Narukami is ridiculously good.

Also, cool little thing that others may or may not have noticed: a lot of the poses are Soejima-drawn versions of the Arena instant kill images (which were drawn by Arc).

I won't lie: I thought that art would be the bane of your existence, haha.

Willsmith1991

Neo Member
Maybe someone can clarify for me, but isn't there still one more empty character slot?

I'm probably just crazy but when I saw that empty space near Sho's hand on the P4U cover I immediately thought of this http://i.imgur.com/eMZ1M.jpg p3 spoiler(just in case)

I really hope he is in this game, either story only or even playable. Then again once the P3 girls see him (Aigis,Yukari and liz) they will probably cat fight over him.

Adachi
isn't up on the official website yet I don't think, so I don't think we know if there's one more character slot.

I think you're just seeing what you want to see, I see nothing that suggests the art is intentionally "unfinished."

If I were a betting man I'd say that
Adachi
will be uploaded to the site and the coming soon thing will disappear.

Dantis

I won't lie: I thought that art would be the bane of your existence, haha.

A lot of Ultimax sits a lot better with me than Arena did. In this case, I feel like there's some self-awareness in Soejima's Ultimax art.

That he keeps including wresting references is actually hilarious. Doesn't hurt that it's technically superb either. Everyone looks perfect except for Junpei and Kanji, and Kanji looks silly in nearly every picture he's in, because it's just his 'thing'.

Adachi
isn't up on the official website yet I don't think, so I don't think we know if there's one more character slot.

I think you're just seeing what you want to see, I see nothing that suggests the art is intentionally "unfinished."

Adachi

I think the art is finished. Seems like grasping at straws to assume otherwise.

RedGraveXIII

Neo Member
I really hope he is in this game, either story only or even playable. Then again once the P3 girls see him (Aigis,Yukari and liz) they will probably cat fight over him.

Hijinks ensue!

Yeah, I think I'm just getting really desperate haha. I'm getting to the point where I'm making shit up now, I should seek professional help.

FluxWaveZ

Adachi

Adachi

His silhouette has already been added to the character page on the website. The "Coming Soon" slot is gone, while it was still on the website when Ken's silhouette was added to the page. The "final" character select screen for the console version for P4U2 seemingly does not have room, from a symmetric design perspective, for another character. The hand in the box art is clearly Sho's.

Again, if they were to announce the inclusion of another playable character, and if that playable character was a huge deal, they would not telegraph their inclusion like they did with the newcomer.

His silhouette has already been added to the character page on the website. The "Coming Soon" slot is gone, while it was still on the website when Ken's silhouette was added to the page. The "final" character select screen for the console version for P4U2 seemingly does not have room, from a symmetric design perspective, for another character. The hand in the box art is clearly Sho's.

Again, if they were to announce the inclusion of another playable character, and if that playable character was a huge deal, they would not telegraph their inclusion like they did with the newcomer.
Oh, didn't know all of that stuff.

There's only one character missing ;__;
Yeah, where the hell is Fuuka?

RedGraveXIII

Neo Member
I made an avatar for every character in the box art. Feel free to use one:

Thanks! Now I just gotta hurry home so I can claim the Adachi one lol.

9WQQdQZ.png

Ah, thanks for filling me in.

FluxWaveZ

Man, imagine if there was reversible cover art, or an LE cover art or whatever that had the Shadow version of the standard box art? I'd love that, heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom