• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
ugrlibY.jpg

Yeah I'm with Potemkin on a response to that.

Velcro Fly

so i just got a ps3. should i play the first P4 fighting game in preparation for the second? i know there's story. i could probably get it for cheap.

kewlmyc

so i just got a ps3. should i play the first P4 fighting game in preparation for the second? i know there's story. i could probably get it for cheap.

I would say yes normally, but if the US version is anything like the JP version, then we should be getting some sort of DLC that summarizes the events of the P4A story (the fighting game story). P4A's story is broken up into like 10 or so different stories that a good number of them has overlapping and similar events, so it's kind of a drag to go through.

So, I would just wait for P4AU and play through the summary included with it (the DLC is included with first print copies in Japan iiirc).

Velcro Fly

I would say yes normally, but if the US version is anything like the JP version, then we should be getting some sort of DLC that summarizes the events of the P4A story (the fighting game story). P4A's story is broken up into like 10 or so different stories that a good number of them has overlapping and similar events, so it's kind of a drag to go through.

So, I would just wait for P4AU and play through the summary included with it (the DLC is included with first print copies in Japan iiirc).

Yeah i was looking at the faithful e-mail I got where they mention the bonus stuff and they say more to come so hopefully that's it.

arue

Reminds me of this drawing:
Source.
Wait what? Is this really a thing?

After a quick google, I found this:

I believe you now.

The power of shipping goes beyond anything huh?

Yes, because the stories are connected and the second game will have spoilers from the first one. There is a recommended order of characters to play for the stories, but it's buried somewhere in this thread. EDIT: Nvm, I forgot that P4AU will have the story from the first one. It's up to you now.

God, that's almost as bad as the fanfiction I found of my school's president fucking Bill Cosby.

Well you can't just leave us hanging now.

Also, with it being Pride month and all, I thought I'd remind everyone of one of the best scenes from the P4 Animation:

tumblr_m6xpbeAQFd1qkb5hao2_500.png

tumblr_m1gpnwOGu01r3j59ko2_500.jpg

Edit: Can't forget this gem, of course:

tumblr_lzjknhUUwN1rng702o3_250.gif

tumblr_lzjknhUUwN1rng702o6_250.gif

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
When it comes to glass bottles, Coke is totally better than Pepsi. Nothing beats Coca-Cola from the glass bottle. Except maybe a good root beer.

Fountain, plastic, glass, cans. Coke trumps all.

Coke actually tastes like a soda, Pepsi is almost like drinking syrup and way too sweet.

PK Gaming

I wonder if they'll change Yu's personality. I personally wouldn't mind if they adopted his P4A personality.

Probably

I hope they give him a more cohesive personality. Anime Yu was a mishmash of stoic and goofy, which was great and all but... he didn't really feel like a complete character. During certain scenes, he came across as more of a vehicle for Persona 4's funnier dialogue responses (see King's Game). He comes into his own in the last episode, but that's like... the last episode.

Probably

I hope they give him a more cohesive personality. Anime Yu was a mishmash of stoic and goofy, which was great and all but... he didn't really feel like a complete character. During certain scenes, he came across as more of a vehicle for Persona 4's funnier dialogue responses (see King's Game). He comes into his own in the last episode, but that's like... the last episode.
It's been a while since I played Arena's story, but was Yu's personality different there than from the anime? I don't remember noticing much of a difference. Also HeavenSmiley, you can't leave us hanging on the Bill Cosby story lol.

PK Gaming

It's been a while since I played Arena's story, but was Yu's personality different there than from the anime? I don't remember noticing much of a difference. Also HeavenSmiley, you can't leave us hanging on the Bill Cosby story lol.

He was pretty bland in arena.

Just the cool, stoic, smart guy who had a good understanding of his friends. He cracked a couple of jokes here and there, and he could step up to the plate when need be, but he was fairly mild overall.

Neither good or bad. Just average, really. He's appealing by virtue of his association with Persona 4.

Canon

Banned
So about the Persona 4G ending...

The gas station attendant transfers his powers by shaking people's hands? ... Okay. That's pretty lame. I haven't finished his dungeon yet but that is so random.

The gas station attendant transfers his powers by shaking people's hands? ... Okay. That's pretty lame. I haven't finished his dungeon yet but that is so random.

Don't worry, (most of) everything will be answered once you finish
her
dungeon~

Dantis

Persona 4's plot has some really interesting thematic atuff, but the actual events are just there to move along everything else. To a large extent it doesn't make much sense. I think that's fine, though.

Setsu00

I spent my evening playing the Etrian Odyssey Untold demo to find out whether I would enjoy Persona Q since I didn't like EO4. Surprisingly, I enjoyed Untold a lot more...

Setsu00

Oh really? I have them both, but I haven't played Untold at all and I've only played a bit of EO4.

It might just be me being a huge casual, but I'm not into games that are artificially difficult thanks to rather huge health bars even at the very start of the game (EO4).

Untold fixed that for me. Granted, I only played the story mode so far, but it already feels a lot more enjoyable.

It might just be me being a huge casual, but I'm not into games that are artificially difficult thanks to rather huge health bars even at the very start of the game (EO4).

It could be because I'm playing on hard mode, but I'm finding that enemies from the third floor in PQ have too much HP. At least Hama and Mudo work great on them (which, now that I think about it, may have been the point the game was trying to make in the first place). But the first FOEs I've come across just have huge amounts of HP, and no elemental weaknesses to exploit. You'll reach a point where you can tank their attacks fairly well, but it'll still take more than 20 turns to kill them.

So since it's looking like Ultimax will wrap up P3's story, what are your opinions on
reviving P3MC? Should (s)he be saved?
Would it take away from P3's ending?

kewlmyc

So since it's looking like Ultimax will wrap up P3's story, what are your opinions on

Don't do it, and yes it would.

He's one of my favorite Persona characters, but Atlus shouldn't do it.

Absolutely terrible idea that should not be done, takes away from P3's ending, completely spits in the face of the game's main theme and entirely negates The Answer and what it stood for. Also
rewards Elizabeth for refusing to accept someone's death and her inability to move on, a completely unhealthy behavior that should not be rewarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom