• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantis

That's awesome! Do you have a version with just Rise? :p

Technically, yes I do. But I'm not posting it and promoting your impure thoughts.

Also, complete aside, but I'd always thought she was wearing a bikini top in the epilogue. I only realised today that it's a full top.

Dantis

You're a butt sometimes, Dantis :|

I'm kidding! Think all the impure thoughts you want.

8gPbz6P.png

Dat cleavage...

Still way better than anything I could do. Good job.

The cut on her top is pretty much the same as the game.

kewlmyc

1. I don't think impure thoughts, ever.

2. <3 Thanks buddy

No seriously, what's up with you and Rise? I know you hate THAT word, but it's the only thing that comes to mind anytime someone brings up your infatuation with Rise. You like that type of character or you really enjoyed her social link?

No seriously, what's up with you and Rise? I know you hate THAT word, but it's the only thing that comes to mind anytime someone brings up your infatuation with Rise. You like that type of character or you really enjoyed her social link?

I just thought she was a good character mostly. I like the character design/personality, and her link was pretty good too. People just latch onto it because I'm unremarkable otherwise, I guess :p

Dantis

I just thought she was a good character mostly. I like the character design/personality, and her link was pretty good too. People just latch onto it because I'm unremarkable otherwise, I guess :p

Well, that's not the whole thing. You like to play on it a bit too, and there was the whole "But I was intimate with her!" thing. And various points when you've pretty much straight up talk about how much you like her.

This is really good work Dantis-- in particular, I think you did a really good job with Naoto in this piece!

Thanks!

kewlmyc

You're not unremarkable, you're uh.... good at Marvel.

Also, I'm still not sure what the "BUT I WAS INTIMATE WITH HER." joke means.

Well, that's not the whole thing. You like to play on it a bit too, and there was the whole "But I was intimate with her!" thing. And various points when you've pretty much straight up talk about how much you like her.

Well yeah, I do like her, but people (myself included!) play it up way too much at times :p

The whole BUT I WAS INTIMATE WITH HERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR was a failure of planning and wanting to get as much done as humanly possible, which led to me failing to get a Christmas date (and really, who wants to hang out with the bros on Christmas :p) which I was a bit annoyed at (since I had to go back in time like two weeks or so, which was really frustrating) but it's whatever.

I like most of Persona 4's characters to be fair, in some sense there might be characters I like more than Rise... *maybe* :p

An interesting article about Soejima from his appearance at E3. I love how genuine the P-Studio folks seem, and I'd be interested to see if he responds to the comments that get sent.

squadr0n

OK Gaf, I need help.

I just started working the night shift at the Resort I work at and have nothing to do for 8 hours 5 nights a week. My deliema is which handheld should I get?

3DS for SMT IV

0r

PS Vita for Persona 4 Golden.

I guess im more worried about what else I would have to play because I would be happy with either SMT game. The Vita only has like Borderlands and Tales of coming way later. But the 3DS doesn't have anything to satisfy my other wants. I can get my RPG fix wtih the 3DS or my shooter fix wtih the Vita it looks like. Which would you go with if you were in my situation. I already own Persona 4 on PS3 but I still havent touched it since I played it on PS2.

kewlmyc

OK Gaf, I need help.

I just started working the night shift at the Resort I work at and have nothing to do for 8 hours 5 nights a week. My deliema is which handheld should I get?

3DS for SMT IV

0r

I guess im more worried about what else I would have to play because I would be happy with either SMT game. The Vita only has like Borderlands and Tales of coming way later. But the 3DS doesn't have anything to satisfy my other wants. I can get my RPG fix wtih the 3DS or my shooter fix wtih the Vita it looks like. Which would you go with if you were in my situation. I already own Persona 4 on PS3 but I still havent touched it since I played it on PS2.

Considering where you are, most people will tell you Persona 4 Golden. However consider the following:

1. Which console has the most games you want to play at the moment.
2. Nintendo will always fully support the 3DS, while the same can't be said about the Sony and Vita.

So you mentioned 3 games you're looking forward to with the Vita, plus free games if you have PS+, while with the 3DS, you have SMT IV and Persona Q coming up, along with a steady line of Nintendo games guaranteed. I probably didn't help much with your decision, but 1 game doesn't make a console. Think about what games you like and which system has the most of them, then make your decision based on that.

BTW, both SMT IV and P4G are great.

Smedwicks is waiting for the Persona and Conception crossover:

Persona 4: Conception All Night.

That's meant to be a female Kanji? Looooooooool.

Not everyone can be beautiful [look better when its the full portrait]

OK Gaf, I need help.

3DS for SMT IV

0r

SMT games aside. And I hate to say this but the 3DS is probably the better choice. The wide variety of games is great and will probably only get better. The Vita is import friendly though.

Considering where you are, most people will tell you Persona 4 Golden. However consider the following:

1. Which console has the most games you want to play at the moment.
2. Nintendo will always fully support the 3DS, while the same can't be said about the Sony and Vita.

So you mentioned 3 games you're looking forward to with the Vita, plus free games if you have PS+, while with the 3DS, you have SMT IV and Persona Q coming up, along with a steady line of Nintendo games guaranteed. I probably didn't help much with your decision, but 1 game doesn't make a console. Think about what games you like and which system has the most of them, then make your decision based on that.

BTW, but SMT IV and P4G are great.

Got to agree here, I bought a Vita solely for P4G, but I lucked out in that I didnt realise just how many games were on the system that I wanted to play, now my vita memory card is literally full of games I constantly play.

The whole reason that I dont have a 3DS is because there isnt anything I want to play on it yet. I'm not into most Nintendo IP's so the brand name isnt really a big draw for me as it is for a lot of people. However, once SMT 4 and PQ come out over here (and smash) I'll probably pick one up, 3 games is usually enough for me to buy a handheld.

Like I said, I bought a vita without researching what was on it and lucked out. Do your research and decide which one you are going to play the most games on and go for that one.

An interesting article about Soejima from his appearance at E3. I love how genuine the P-Studio folks seem, and I'd be interested to see if he responds to the comments that get sent.

It's bugging me to no end that they call him the demon designer of the series.

I liked the article, but yeah referring him as the demon designer kinda bugged me. Kaneko is the demon designer of the entire franchise for the most part, not Soejima. Soejima is the character and party member persona's designer for P3/P4. With him doing character portraits for P1/P2.

Anyways, after that little rant you guys can laugh over this.....
BqRXDxqCUAAY9Xx.jpg

I liked the article, but yeah referring him as the demon designer kinda bugged me. Kaneko is the demon designer of the entire franchise for the most part, not Soejima. Soejima is the character and party member persona's designer for P3/P4. With him doing character portraits for P1/P2.

BqRXDxqCUAAY9Xx.jpg

I want a Teddie costume :(

arue

Soejima sounds like a cool dude. I'd love to meet him in person. I look forward to his answers.

BqRXDxqCUAAY9Xx.jpg

Well, I'd definitely be encouraged if Teddie is my school mascot.

Mdesilva

If you know me, it's no secret that I think Yukari Takeba is the best Persona (or maybe even video game) girl. So, today I felt like sharing some good art I've found on Tumblr, Pixiv, and Deviantart featuring her. Hope you enjoy!

Yukari <3

Acid08

Banned
If you know me, it's no secret that I think Yukari Takeba is the best Persona (or maybe even video game) girl. So, today I felt like sharing some good art I've found on Tumblr, Pixiv, and Deviantart featuring her. Hope you enjoy!

Yukari <3
awesome! you're a great person.

RedGraveXIII

Neo Member
By the way, in regards to (P3 spoilzz)
Makoto being revived. I feel that a straight revive where he lives happily ever-after is out of the question at this point. I'd like to think that Atlus is smarter than that. Something that I wouldn't mind seeing though, is if Makoto's soul was freed and he became some sort of higher being similar to Philemon, he could be some entity that watches over persona users. Hell, he could even run the Velvet Room. With Makoto's sudden surge in popularity due to the movies and PQ I find it hard to believe that he won't be present in future games in some way, shape, or form.

Willsmith1991

Neo Member
Makoto being revived. I feel that a straight revive where he lives happily ever-after is out of the question at this point. I'd like to think that Atlus is smarter than that. Something that I wouldn't mind seeing though, is if Makoto's soul was freed and he became some sort of higher being similar to Philemon, he could be some entity that watches over persona users. Hell, he could even run the Velvet Room. With Makoto's sudden surge in popularity due to the movies and PQ I find it hard to believe that he won't be present in future games in some way, shape, or form.

P3 SPOILERS
I agree that his revival for a happy ever after is a terrible choice. I'm thinking along the lines that he is temporarily revived to battle alongside his friends until ME is defeated. Or Makoto will be the "One true vessel" for narly? and be an enemy to emotionally test the P3 crew

Yeah, the chance of him getting revived and living happily ever after with the rest of the P3 cast is practically zero. Your idea of him becoming some sort of mentor for Persona users sounds pretty cool though. I don't see him running the Velvet room though; fusing Personas is basically a desk job and that just seems kinda out of character for him.

If there's one thing I want even less than the protagonist being brought back is any major character from P3+4 coming back in P5 period, let alone being an important player. Do not want.

RedGraveXIII

Neo Member
P3 SPOILERS
I agree that his revival for a happy ever after is a terrible choice. I'm thinking along the lines that he is temporarily revived to battle alongside his friends until ME is defeated. Or Makoto will be the "One true vessel" for narly? and be an enemy to emotionally test the P3 crew
The P3 cast's reactions to that would be AMAZING.

Yeah, the chance of him getting revived and living happily ever after with the rest of the P3 cast is practically zero. Your idea of him becoming some sort of mentor for Persona users sounds pretty cool though. I don't see him running the Velvet room though; fusing Personas is basically a desk job and that just seems kinda out of character for him.

That's true, but it's mostly because Igor usually has very little involvement in the stories. We don't know anything about the guy and he doesn't talk except for when he's giving advice.
If Makoto ran the Velvet Room it'd be a great chance to give VR residents a more active role in the story.

BUT, I'm getting ahead of myself here XP

If there's one thing I want even less than the protagonist being brought back is any major character from P3+4 coming back in P5 period, let alone being an important player. Do not want.
I'd rather not have P5 be filled with returning characters as well. That being said if they do decide to have cameos, I'd rather them not beat us over the head with it. I think P5 can still be it's own thing even with one or two cameos.

Got to agree with you on the P5 thing, would you be alright with minor cameos a la Chihiro in P4?

My thoughts on the whole P3 thing, spoilers duh.
So I have no issue with Elizabeth's quest being to release his soul from the seal, so long as thats all it is, releasing his soul and allowing him to rest in piece. In no way should he be "revived", temporarily or otherwise. It would undermine the whole meaning of Persona 3. Also, like Mamba said earlier, rewarding Elizabeth's inability to move on by "reviving" him would basically turn her into FFX-2 Yuna, and that would suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom