• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
P3FES: The answer
Okay I beat poop Makoto. Now the dorm is breaking apart and people want to fight? Is this what the P4A story mode is like?

Sophia

No.

I also hope you chose correctly and always kept Metis in your party so she's at a decent level.

Good old Purgatorio, asking the essential question of "Did you smartly level everyone just in case or is this the point a harder, more crueler RPG would have screwed you over?"

Guess Who

Banned
That's not Soejima art, that's why.

Huh? It's pretty much exactly the same lineart:

dRT3yjZ.png

PK Gaming

Okay, time to fuse my Ultimate Personas in Persona 1. I need the spell cards to make the right Arcana + the item. So I need to make an Emperor, a Priestess, a Judge, a Chariot and a Death.

This chart is what I need, right?

You'll need to have a high enough Level/Persona level to summon and equip the Ultimate Personas. I'm afraid you won't be able to use many of them (if any, at all), since Fred's Ultimate Persona is level 63(?).

I grinded for a couple hours to summon his.

Meia

I thought my usb ports are dying on me, but I'm glad they didn't.

Yukiko cosplaying as Ibuki from Super Dangan Ronpa 2.

I just need an excuse to draw Ibuki :p

Things like this are really making it hard to wait for the US release of the game in September. :p

P3FES: the answer
So I figure for this fight, all I have to do is equip Loki, who is resistant to Ice and Wind and it'll be a breeze. Sure enough, I just get by just using normal attacks with little to no retaliation from the other side since they can't put up high damage attacks otherwise. Or so I thought. I had Yukari on the ropes, then Michelle Ruff says in an overly chearpy voice "persona!" and she uses Primal Force. then Mitsuru follows up with Vorpal Blade and kills me with full health.

Loki's endurance isn't the greatest so I guess I'll have to switch it up. Even though I enjoy how P4 (and P4G) streamlined things..you just don't get stories like this playing an easy game.

Also shooting Koromaru felt like something out of Old Yeller.

So Ultimax Rise is the long lost cousin to Chuck E. Cheese :p
Well, the PSP version had new tracks and arrangements by Meguro, so maybe that's why you got that vibe from Persona 4.

Persona soundtracks are always awesome, specially when Meguro is the main composer (in P1 and P2 he wasn't the only one). Catherine soundtrack is also amazing, both the original compositions and the classical music remixes. Meguro is probably my favorite composer (next one is Akira Yamaoka), so you can tell how excited I am about P4DAN.
If you like the stuff Meguro did for the Persona series I would also check out the stuff he did for Nocturne. He didn't completely compose the whole soundtrack(with Kenichi Tsuchiya and Toshiko Tasaki as the other composers), but he did do a majority of it.
Title Loop 2
Large Map-Real Universe
Shinjuku Hygienic Hospital
Tokyo Conception
Normal Battle
Boss Battle
Reason Boss Battle
Large Map-Last Area

Meia

P3FES: the answer
So I figure for this fight, all I have to do is equip Loki, who is resistant to Ice and Wind and it'll be a breeze. Sure enough, I just get by just using normal attacks with little to no retaliation from the other side since they can't put up high damage attacks otherwise. Or so I thought. I had Yukari on the ropes, then Michelle Ruff says in an overly chearpy voice "persona!" and she uses Primal Force. then Mitsuru follows up with Vorpal Blade and kills me with full health.

Loki's endurance isn't the greatest so I guess I'll have to switch it up. Even though I enjoy how P4 (and P4G) streamlined things..you just don't get stories like this playing an easy game.

Also shooting Koromaru felt like something out of Old Yeller.

Yeah, just wait til the Megidolaon spam starts. :p

hao chi

Things like this are really making it hard to wait for the US release of the game in September. :p

It's weird. I loved DanganRonpa, but I keep forgetting that SDR2 is coming out this fall. It's just not really on my mind.

I guess I should pay more attention to it, since it'll be a great way to make the last couple weeks of waiting for Ultimax much less painful.

Meia

It's weird. I loved DanganRonpa, but I keep forgetting that SDR2 is coming out this fall. It's just not really on my mind.

I guess I should pay more attention to it, since it'll be a great way to make the last couple weeks of waiting for Ultimax much less painful.

I still have some hope we'll see PQ before we see Ultimax, but that's probably a pipe dream. :(

CorvoSol

You'll need to have a high enough Level/Persona level to summon and equip the Ultimate Personas. I'm afraid you won't be able to use many of them (if any, at all), since Fred's Ultimate Persona is level 63(?).

I grinded for a couple hours to summon his.

Well Fred and Maki both hit level 50+ inside that cave, but at the rate Reiji is going it likely would take forever. Is there a Velvet Room near the end of the game? I might consider grinding there to get them. Does Persona 1 have New Game +?

That sounds risky/expensive. I wish I could just find someone to sell me that particular piece. Ideally I'd love to have the full casts of 3 and 4, but given the state of my shelf and pocketbook, P3's two protagonists and Yu are all I'd really want at the moment.

EDIT: random thought: buy that freaky fan figure, buy this, swap heads see if anything improves, haha.

PK Gaming

Well Fred and Maki both hit level 50+ inside that cave, but at the rate Reiji is going it likely would take forever. Is there a Velvet Room near the end of the game? I might consider grinding there to get them. Does Persona 1 have New Game +?

I'm not sure, but my gut says no. And no, it does not.

Wanna see something pretty high on the "wut" factor?

Purse-owner:

As always go here for the full explanation.

Nice work mamba-kun. You've really taken a liking to making these entries. I can almost feel the hours of effort you put into making this. The Persona itself looks very cool.

CorvoSol

Wanna see something pretty high on the "wut" factor?

Purse-owner:

As always go here for the full explanation.

Noice.

Persona 1

Words cannot express my disappointment at how lame this final dungeon music is. I was really expecting more out of a Persona game's final dungeon song than ambient noises.

Thanks guys. The Persona designs take a lot out of me, I think I might do the next P3 Shadow next.

I should also thank you guys for giving me an initial audience, because I wouldn't have bothered if nobody else could have seen them. And I should thank you for convincing me to start the tumblr, because that thing has nearly 850 followers right now and constantly growing. I sometimes freak out thinking that there are that many people who apparently anticipate these things.

CorvoSol

HIYA MAKI
HI FRED
U WANNA GO FO A RIDE?
SHURE FRED
JUMP IN!

I'm an Avidya girl
in an Avidya world
like a bad fanfic
its fantastic
You can charm me here
attack me anywhere