• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorvoSol

Let's take a moment to discuss Atlus' glorious decision to design this final boss the way it is in Persona 1.

Maki's face coming out of a giant penis protruding from between the six legs of a greyish woman's body. I get that this is Pandora but like, when you say Shadow Self representing a girl's desire to be free from a hospital and live with her friends THIS IS NOT WHAT COMES TO MIND AT ALL.

And then the Penis explodes into a beautiful butterfly and Maki goes "It's beautiful!" WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU ON GIRL.

Oh, oh fuck this. FUCK THIS. Randomly changing your weakness midturn is one thing, but using BOTH OF YOUR TURNS PER TURN TO SPAM BUTTERFLY STORM IS UTTER BULLSHIT. I AM NOT REWALKING 2 FUCKING FLOORS OF AVIDYA WORLD TO DIE TO A CHEAP ASS MOVE LIKE THAT AGAIN.

FUCK IT. I'M WATCHING THE END OF THE GAME ON YOUTUBE. NOT EVEN TRYING SNOW QUEEN NOW. STRAIGHT ON TO PERSONA 2. FUCK THIS FINAL BOSS FOREVER AND EVER. HOLY SHIT.

I'm incredibly bored right now, so I'm going to post some more P4 impressions. I'm
right before fighting shadow Naoto.

- The entire sequence with the team believing
they caught the killer
was incredibly contrived. They were simply too dumb to be believable, and it's made worse that, as the player
you know it's not over
yet you can't bring up anything questioning what happened.

- Yukiko is the best girl in the game. She reminds me of every airhead/awkward girl I've ever met, and her problem determining what to do with her future is very relatable. Great character, I don't understand why she's the least popular.

- Rise is like wish fulfillment: the character. She's cute, super nice, has a giant crush on you, and is super dependent on you to help her with her S. Link. It's almost embarrassing.

- Yosuke is a twat, and I would never actually hang out with someone like him in real life. Unfortunately the game seems to think we're best friends.

- Kanji is the best character in the game. I'm pretty sure he's actually smarter and has more common sense than the other morons in the Investigation team. Every time someone berates him I dislike them a little bit more.

- For all the complaints about P3, a lot of "nothing" happens in this game too. Instead of plot development we get random wacky scenes that are just there to entertain. And when everyone gets together to "solve" the mystery they don't actually accomplish anything. Even if they figure something out, it doesn't matter because it has no bearing on the story. Especially when they do the aforementioned and totally
drop the case even though it completely goes against all the evidence they've found. Yep.

edit: I guess it does affect the story, but they suck at life and it doesn't change anything anyway lol.

- I'm really, really not a fan of limiting character development to S. Links only. It just doesn't work. Not having relationships or character development from S. Links represented in the main story is incredibly jarring and destroys any immersion. It also creates the problem of characters feeling "static," where if I don't do their S. Links the characters feel like they aren't changing at all throughout the story which is equally awful. The S. Links are really well written though (for the most part). It is insane how much better they are than the ones in P3.

- Combat is waaaaaay too simple. It's literally just spamming ma- spells. If P5 doesn't return to the P3 system I'll be disappointed (which means I will be disappointed).

Sophia

Oh, oh fuck this. FUCK THIS. Randomly changing your weakness midturn is one thing, but using BOTH OF YOUR TURNS PER TURN TO SPAM BUTTERFLY STORM IS UTTER BULLSHIT. I AM NOT REWALKING 2 FUCKING FLOORS OF AVIDYA WORLD TO DIE TO A CHEAP ASS MOVE LIKE THAT AGAIN.

FUCK IT. I'M WATCHING THE END OF THE GAME ON YOUTUBE. NOT EVEN TRYING SNOW QUEEN NOW. STRAIGHT ON TO PERSONA 2. FUCK THIS FINAL BOSS FOREVER AND EVER. HOLY SHIT.

Someone just got MegaTen'd.

CorvoSol

Someone just got MegaTen'd.

Every fucking time I think I know what I'm doing in a Mega Ten game suddenly the bullshit factor increases exponentially. I steamrolled my way through that dungeon. Nothing could put a dent in my entire team.

Final boss rapes and murders the whole lot of them. Fuck walking back up those two incredibly annoying floors and their stupid high encounter rates. I'm watching this shit on Youtube and moving on to P2. For all I give a fuck I beat this game.

Sophia

Every fucking time I think I know what I'm doing in a Mega Ten game suddenly the bullshit factor increases exponentially. I steamrolled my way through that dungeon. Nothing could put a dent in my entire team.

Final boss rapes and murders the whole lot of them. Fuck walking back up those two incredibly annoying floors and their stupid high encounter rates. I'm watching this shit on Youtube and moving on to P2. For all I give a fuck I beat this game.

I can't wait to see your reaction to Innocent Sin's final boss. :)

CorvoSol

I can't wait to see your reaction to Innocent Sin's final boss. :)

Probably I will throw down the PSP again and then just youtube that shit, too. I don't have the patience for luck based final boss fights and luck based demon persuading, and I tip my hat to those of you who do.

Acid08

Banned
Let's take a moment to discuss Atlus' glorious decision to design this final boss the way it is in Persona 1.

Maki's face coming out of a giant penis protruding from between the six legs of a greyish woman's body. I get that this is Pandora but like, when you say Shadow Self representing a girl's desire to be free from a hospital and live with her friends THIS IS NOT WHAT COMES TO MIND AT ALL.

And then the Penis explodes into a beautiful butterfly and Maki goes "It's beautiful!" WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU ON GIRL.

It took me a few tries to beat that piece of shit. Butterfly Storm can eat a dick. That was the first attack that boss used on me multiple times.

P3FES: The Answer
Well this was a nice resolution to the story. Although thinking back on The Journey, I liked the ambiguity of P3MC's fate more. Him becoming a seal gives the ending a different feel.

The whole part of the story where SEES has to fight each other, and Metis just happens to know the location of a coliseum...it was too elaborate. I wished they solved their group conflict in a different way. It just seemed like a story from a fighting game.

I'm incredibly bored right now, so I'm going to post some more P4 impressions. I'm

they caught the killer
was incredibly contrived. They were simply too dumb to be believable, and it's made worse that, as the player
you know it's not over

- Yukiko is the best girl in the game. She reminds me of every airhead/awkward girl I've ever met, and her problem determining what to do with her future is very relatable. Great character, I don't understand why she's the least popular.

- Rise is like wish fulfillment: the character. She's cute, super nice, has a giant crush on you, and is super dependent on you to help her with her S. Link. It's almost embarrassing.

- Yosuke is a twat, and I would never actually hang out with someone like him in real life. Unfortunately the game seems to think we're best friends.

- Kanji is the best character in the game. I'm pretty sure he's actually smarter and has more common sense than the other morons in the Investigation team. Every time someone berates him I dislike them a little bit more.

- For all the complaints about P3, a lot of "nothing" happens in this game too. Instead of plot development we get random wacky scenes that are just there to entertain. And when everyone gets together to "solve" the mystery they don't actually accomplish anything. Even if they figure something out, it doesn't matter because it has no bearing on the story. Especially when they do the aforementioned and totally
drop the case even though it completely goes against all the evidence they've found. Yep.

edit: I guess it does affect the story, but they suck at life and it doesn't change anything anyway lol.

- I'm really, really not a fan of limiting character development to S. Links only. It just doesn't work. Not having relationships or character development from S. Links represented in the main story is incredibly jarring and destroys any immersion. It also creates the problem of characters feeling "static," where if I don't do their S. Links the characters feel like they aren't changing at all throughout the story which is equally awful. The S. Links are really well written though (for the most part). It is insane how much better they are than the ones in P3.

- Combat is waaaaaay too simple. It's literally just spamming ma- spells. If P5 doesn't return to the P3 system I'll be disappointed (which means I will be disappointed).

I agree with you on the characters. Though I had more forgiveness for Yosuke. It's not like he was immune to karma, so I found myself laughing at the situations than seeing it as a fault of his character.

Given the story structure, I'm not sure how they would approach the character development differently. In P4, there weren't many instances where you could put the spotlight on a character, beyond their "arc." More was dedicated to just showcasing the group as a whole. It's definitely different and I'm not sure if I prefer P3 or P4's approach.

Probably I will throw down the PSP again and then just youtube that shit, too. I don't have the patience for luck based final boss fights and luck based demon persuading, and I tip my hat to those of you who do.

Then how did you beat
Nyx Avatar?
that freaking thing used Night Queen twice in a row on me (one of which was critical) and if that wasn't enough it charmed Mitsuru who THEN proceeded to use FUCKING DIARAHAN restablishing it's HP to 100% and then finished me, but that was not all, IT DID THE SAME THING ON 3 CONSECUTIVE TRIES, I swear to God, when I finally killed that smug fuck I was so happy I did a victory dance.

PD: I still have to beat it on new game +, but I'll go armed to the teeth

Guess Who

Banned
P3FES: The Answer
The whole part of the story where SEES has to fight each other, and Metis just happens to know the location of a coliseum...it was too elaborate. I wished they solved their group conflict in a different way. It just seemed like a story from a fighting game.

Worth it for Heartful Cry, though.

Then how did you beat
Nyx Avatar?
that freaking thing used Night Queen twice in a row on me (one of which was critical) and if that wasn't enough it charmed Mitsuru who THEN proceeded to use FUCKING DIARAHAN restablishing it's HP to 100% and then finished me, but that was not all, IT DID THE SAME THING ON 3 CONSECUTIVE TRIES, I swear to God, when I finally killed that smug fuck I was so happy I did a victory dance.

P3 spoilers and super-loud volume warning: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsoBNs_mNsM

Lunar15

they caught the killer
you know it's not over

For some reason I agree with most of these points (I still like Yosuke though!) but this is still one of my favorite games of all time. Yes, even with the weird and kind of badly done murder mystery plot. It's just one of those games where the whole package is greater than the individual parts.

I will say though, I think a lot of people's enjoyment of P4 and P3 comes down to which one they've played first. I find that most people who played P3 first enjoy it more than P4 and vice versa.

Also, I really really like Yukiko too. I don't get why people say she's boring. I think her social link is one of the more relatable social links. I also agree that Kanji is the best character.

CorvoSol

Then how did you beat
Nyx Avatar?

PD: I still have to beat it on new game +, but I'll go armed to the teeth

P3's final boss didn't use charm attacks on me once in the two fights against it. That might just be a P3P thing, though.

P3's final boss didn't use charm attacks on me once in the two fights against it. That might just be a P3P thing, though.

That my friend, is what I call luck, something you apparently lacked when you faced P1 final boss, I totally understand you, I mean, losing because your strategy was flawed and you didn't had a balanced team is something I can live with, but losing to a chance based move is something that makes want to punch stuff.

CorvoSol

That my friend, is what I call luck, something you apparently lacked when you faced P1 final boss, I totally understand you, I mean, losing because your strategy was flawed and you didn't had a balanced team is something I can live with, but losing to a chance based move is something that makes want to punch stuff.

Apparently my team does suck, but I've been doing just fine, finishing fights in a single turn in the final dungeon, until I got jobbed. I could've even coped with Butterfly Apocalypse but nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. 2 in a row is more than I could handle.

For some reason I agree with most of these points (I still like Yosuke though!) but this is still one of my favorite games of all time. Yes, even with the weird and kind of badly done murder mystery plot. It's just one of those games where the whole package is greater than the individual parts.

I will say though, I think a lot of people's enjoyment of P4 and P3 comes down to which one they've played first. I find that most people who played P3 first enjoy it more than P4 and vice versa.

Also, I really really like Yukiko too. I don't get why people say she's boring. I think her social link is one of the more relatable social links. I also agree that Kanji is the best character.

To be honest my dislike of Yosuke more comes from the entire camping scene, which really does make him just look like a huge asshole. Otherwise he's usually okay.

I am having a ton of fun though, but right
now I think I prefer P3 because I absolutely love the music, (most of) the characters, and the general aesthetics of the game just appeal to me a lot more. If P5 can combine both games' strengths, it could easily be my favorite game of all time.

Yo, did you see the fuuka peanut butter one?

I literally just typed "persona 3 fanfic fuuka peanut" on Google and it appeared as first option, I read it and now I'm really debating myself whether or not to play P3 tonight, I'll probably do it anyways but it'll be weird for like, five minutes.

Lunar15

To be honest my dislike of Yosuke more comes from the entire camping scene, which really does make him just look like a huge asshole. Otherwise he's usually okay.

I am having a ton of fun though, but right
now I think I prefer P3 because I absolutely love the music, (most of) the characters, and the general aesthetics of the game just appeal to me a lot more. If P5 can combine both games' strengths, it could easily be my favorite game of all time.

100% agree. There are different things I like about both games.

Worth it for Heartful Cry, though.

Heh, you're right about that. I was actually introduced to this series through P4A and Aigis' theme was one of my favorites. So hearing this in game I was like, "whoa, so this is where it came from!"

Also, I really really like Yukiko too. I don't get why people say she's boring. I think her social link is one of the more relatable social links.

P4's cast is filled with hammy, larger-than-life personalities. It was fine when the IT was just a group of four, because Yukiko would play off of Chie. But as the group got larger, she lost her voice within it.

Guess Who

Banned
I also really liked Yukiko on my first playthrough. I'm from a shitty small town and always wanted to escape as a teen, so yeah, I definitely related, and was kind of let down when (Yukiko S-link spoilers)
she decides to stay in Inaba and inherit the Inn. I mean, I understand why she decided to do that, it made sense for her, it's just not something I can relate to.

A lot of P4's social links
end in the characters returning to status quo (Yukiko inheriting the inn, Rise returning to showbiz) or at the very least any character changes aren't made evident outside of the social links. I'm guessing they didn't want to make the social links hugely consequential, otherwise it'd A) require lots of branching plot paths and B) make it very difficult to follow up with a sequel story that doesn't disregard player choices in the previous game.

CorvoSol

Even as I attempt to cheat at this final boss it is a load of bullshit. This is Spirit Tracks level of terribad final battles. By which I mean this final boss is suddenly highlighting how much I hated every boss battle in the game and poisoning my love for the game.

As in fuck the man who made this final battle with knives.

As in this is NOT a good final boss.

It isn't even a matter of strategy. There's so much about this fight that's entirely luck based. If she changes her hair color (AND THERE IS FUCK ALL WARNING FOR THAT) you can wind up undoing all your efforts thus far. If she decides to start spamming Butterflies you're fucked. If you get hit with an incureable status effect that's that.

This is a terribly designed boss battle in a game FILLED with terrible boss battles and terrible, awful mechanics of numerous other sorts.

In the end, I love Persona 1's new OST, and I love its plot, and I like Maki, Mark, and Nanjo.

But as an actual game this ranges from mediocre to sometimes downright awful to play, and I wish to God I'd picked Elly instead of Reiji. So much of the way this game plays is what was absolutely wrong with PSX era RPGs. Fucking menus everywhere, a hilariously high encounter rate, gameplay mechanics buried beneath gameplay mechanics etc etc.

At the same time, I have to applaud the game for its truly unique monsters, interesting status effects, compact if backloaded plot and excellent score.

But goddamn this bossfight fills my soul with an unholy hatred.

Acid08

Banned
Elly is the key to everything good about P1.

Also on the encounter rate.....just wait until you get to P2. P1 dungeon crawling is the greatest thing to ever grace this planet compared to IS.

Dantis

Huh? It's pretty much exactly the same lineart:

dRT3yjZ.png

You're right, I'm dumb.

For some reason I was thinking it was the IK art.

CorvoSol

Elly is the key to everything good about P1.

Also on the encounter rate.....just wait until you get to P2. P1 dungeon crawling is the greatest thing to ever grace this planet compared to IS.

Fucking Japan. I bet the EXP gain rate is stupid low then, too.

AHAHAHAHA SHE'S FUCKING INVINCIBLE.

FUCK THE MAN WHO MADE THIS AND HIS WIFE TOO.

INFUCKINGVINCIBLE

UNFUCKINGLIMITEDPOWER

AND NOW MAIN GUY IS A FUCKING ROCK. DOIN SINGLE DIGITS TO A 15K HP BOSS AND MAIN GUY GOT TURNED TO STONE. THERE IS NO CURE FOR ANY OF THIS SHIT. JUST AS THERE IS NO FUCKING EXCUSE FOR THIS INSUFFERABLE FINAL FIGHT.

GOD.

FUCKING

DAMN

I HATE THIS GAME.

Fucking Japan. I bet the EXP gain rate is stupid low then, too.

AHAHAHAHA SHE'S FUCKING INVINCIBLE.

FUCK THE MAN WHO MADE THIS AND HIS WIFE TOO.

INFUCKINGVINCIBLE

UNFUCKINGLIMITEDPOWER

AND NOW MAIN GUY IS A FUCKING ROCK. DOIN SINGLE DIGITS TO A 15K HP BOSS AND MAIN GUY GOT TURNED TO STONE. THERE IS NO CURE FOR ANY OF THIS SHIT. JUST AS THERE IS NO FUCKING EXCUSE FOR THIS INSUFFERABLE FINAL FIGHT.

GOD.

FUCKING

DAMN

I HATE THIS GAME.

tumblr_inline_mw6s5gTWt91r2zc7e.gif

CorvoSol

Persona 1 Final thoughts

As in I've seen the ending and I'm not touching this video game again for a LONG ASS TIME.

Let's talk about the bad, or at least what I did not like first, shall we? Like the vile canned green beans we so quickly devour before turning to the edible portions of our dinner. Some of these are slimy and cold, some are merely tepid and mushy. None are hot and tasty.

First on our list is definitely Reiji. I don't HATE him, mind you, but he was an enormous letdown from every angle. He rarely spoke and when he did it was just some "Blah I love you guys but I'm not gonna show it" shit. I appreciate it, but frankly he somehow managed to feel even less involved in what was going on in the game than the main guy, whose personality was made up entirely by yours truly. In battle Reiji was fucking useless. He had terrible affinity with every Persona I ever did manage to create, and the ones he had acceptable affinity with had useless skills. He was mostly geared around dealing physical damage in a game where dealing physical damage is the worst option ever in battle. I wish I'd chosen Elly instead of him. What little he added to the SEBEC route was nifty, I suppose, but considering how thoroughly disappointing he was otherwise, it's baffling that you have to go through so many hoops just to hire the guy. That said, I do think that his backstory about the way his mother was treated is a fairly interesting tidbit that was handled mostly well. It's a shame that Reiji really didn't expand beyond shouting from the very back of the party "HEY YOUR DEAD DAD ABUSED MY MOM YOU BASTARD!" at Kandori every three dungeons or so.

The cast itself reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaally needed more time to develop, and I'm willing to say that Reiji falls mainly into this same problem, a problem I'm largely overlooking since this is, after all, an early PSX RPG. I only comment on him because I started over TWICE to recruit his Chibodee Crockett Cosplaying ass.

Next up is demon negotiation! It is a horrible piece of shit and I mean that in the most vitriolic, damning, violent, vehement, vicious, hateful, spiteful, petty, childish, cruel, mean-spirited way I possibly can convey it to you. To acquire new Personas in 3 and 4 I need only win a fight and draw a card in shuffle time. To acquire new Personas in 1, I have to win a completely random insane troll logic quiz game, have two separate levels be higher than the demon (by which I suppose I mean EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER MUST HAVE THESE LEVELS HIGHER TO RECRUIT A DEMON) and then have a higher level than the persona I am fusing before I can fuse it and then a higher persona level than the persona so I can equip it. Which is quite a fucking bit more work than winning a fight, drawing a card, and fusing away. And last I checked this was a game, not fucking work. And to complicate things, there's no compendium, so I cannot just rerecruit personas or spellcards the way you would in SMT4 or P3 and 4. That's all well and good, and I shouldn't fault this game for not having things that future games would have, except I cannot stock multiples of the same card. I can only ever have one card at a time, and a limited number at that, so if I ever did need another of that card I would have to go through that piece of shit conversation minigame again to acquire another one. Which is a horrible process whether there are Compendiums or not.

The encounter rate is terrible, but that's what I get for playing a PSX era RPG.

Boss battles are uniformly awful in this game, but let me take this one last moment to reiterate that the final battle in the game is the single worst final boss I have ever faced in any video game ever. I would sooner replay the final battle of Sonic 2006 than ever fight that fucking nonsense piece of shit waste of my goddamn time that fight was. I swear to God I'd have better chances of winning against KH's Mysterious Figure than that fight. If, after a full game's worth of playing the player reaches the final boss chamber with no difficulty whatsoever and yet cannot defeat the final boss even after applying cheatcodes to render himself invincible, there is a serious problem with your piece of shit boss design.

Now let's move on to what was good, shall we?

I love the OST in this game. In particular, the townmap song is quite catchy! The battle music and several other songs are, too. I've talked a lot about the pieces that reminded me of P4 today, too, and that's great in the best way. So hooray for you, Mr. Composer man! Unlike Mr. Boss Fight Designer Man, you are not a living piece of shit!

Nanjo, Maki, and Mark are great characters. In particular I love Mark. Definitely a proud sire to the likes of Junpei and Yosuke. Frankly I was kinda miffed that Maki fell in love with me, since without Mark I wouldn't've even known she existed. Mark was a truly stellar, honest, straightforward character and I found myself most sympathetic to him as the game progressed. Kandori was sort of so-so as a villain, but after the revelation that Maki herself was the problem, I stopped worrying about that.

One thing I'd like to point out. While I love this game's storyline. And I mean I really do love the game's plot, and how it all comes together as the archetype for Shadow Selves and Shadow World Dungeons that Persona 4 would employ in its plot and blah blah I love this game's plot a bunch you guys, but I do have one huge nitpick: It's not that Philemon or Igor are never really explained. It's Nyarlothep. As in, you beat the shit out of Kandori, then Nyarlothep possesses him, then vanishes. Except that this Nyarlothep character is never introduced and never heard from or explained after this fight. As a standalone, that's very unusual. Frankly, though, that's the only thing about the game's plot I disliked.

Well, that and that Persona 1 spends its first half rather empty. That said, I feel like Persona 1 would almost make for a great Hollywood style movie, because of the nice, compact feeling the plot has. The game still manages to not lack for memorable moments, however, which is very much so to its credit.

I should also add that I LOVED that the ending allowed the player to determine the fate of the protagonist. That, to me, is very much so the "make your own damn canon" that Persona fans ought to embrace. I don't have any problems with the way Atlus has forged Yu Narukami into a character, mind you, but for me, it should definitely always be about making your own canon around that silent protagonist. So I loved that.

Looking forward to Persona 2. I get that Megaten games being horrible difficult is a thing and all, but everybody and his mother has hyped this game's plot up nearly as much as Persona 3, so I have to at least experience it. Frankly P1 wasn't that hard until it decided to go batshit insane at the very last second.

Moonlight

Banned
Had fun reading your impressions, Corvo! P2IS Portable, at the very least, isn't a particularly challenging game, although the encounter rate is still totally fucked. Negotiation is still a thing, but there are pretty robust guides on it.

Just something I feel like I have to mention with regards to P2, after every single major (occasionally even minor) main plot development, I suggest visiting every non-dungeon zone in the game and talking with your party members there. Like shops, restaurants, clinics, whatever. Even rooms in the dungeons that let you talk with your party members have a bunch of dialogue that changes every time something big happens within thar dungeon. There is just a totally unbelievable amount of dialogue in that game stowed away in these side-conversations, and at least half of why I enjoyed the game and its' cast so much.

Squire

Banned
No one's mentioned Koromaru is involved. I feel this important to know.

What the fuck???

Had fun reading your impressions, Corvo! P2IS Portable, at the very least, isn't a particularly challenging game, although the encounter rate is still totally fucked. Negotiation is still a thing, but there are pretty robust guides on it.

Just something I feel like I have to mention with regards to P2, after every single major (occasionally even minor) main plot development, I suggest visiting every non-dungeon zone in the game and talking with your party members there. Like shops, restaurants, clinics, whatever. There is a totally unbelievable amount of dialogue in that game stowed away in these side-conversations, and at least half of why I enjoyed the game and its' cast so much.

I was just telling Corvo that the other day!

Off topic, but....is anyone going to EVO this year? I think me and some of my friends are about to book a room, and I was wondering if anyone here is going.

CorvoSol

Persona 2.1 Opening

A mature game in which a weeaboo teenage girl accidentally draws the ire of a psychic gangbanger by saying the word undies.

Setsu00

I just saw this theory on my tumblr dash and I thought you guys might be interested. Some Persona 2 spoilers are in there, so be aware.

I am pretty convinced that Sho Minazuki's Split Personality is actually Tatsuya Suo.

tumblr_inline_n4kcc1vLYp1rljz9p.png

I mean, look at Tsukiyomi (“Sho”) and Apollo (Tatsuya).

These aren’t simply “Design Similarities”. It’s the same friggin’ Persona, except with a different color scheme and coat. And well, his brains exploded out.

Plus, “Sho” keeps talking about a “girl” he doesn’t want to suffer anymore in his Win Quotes. Could he be talking about
Maya
?

Also, he seems very disillusioned with bonds… If this is the Tatsuya who had to give up on all his friendships for good and be alone, it would really make sense he ended up like this.

Source

While I don't think that this is necessarily true, it's certainly an interesting observation that those characters some similarities. Also, Sho's Arcana is Sun - just like Tatsuya's.

Meia

Everyone's going to have some characters in P4 they relate to. If you relate to someone, you have a tendency to like them above the others, and wonder why no one seems to "get" them. I kind of have this problem with Fuuka from P3, but that's another story. :p

Fuuka and peanut butter. Without seeing the post mentioning Koromaru, it's probably a bad thing that my mind went there immediately and shuddered. I blame the comedians I listen to regularly. :p

Once again, Corvo's reactions never cease to disappoint. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom