• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of Adachi, I'm disappointed that they kept him as an (seemingly) evil character. Maybe they had to. It's pretty obvious what will drive P3's story in Ultimax, and I guess they needed him to help with P4's.

Mdesilva

Speaking of Adachi, I'm disappointed that they kept him as an (seemingly) evil character. Maybe they had to. It's pretty obvious what will drive P3's story in Ultimax, and I guess they needed him to help with P4's.
Honestly, too early to tell. Atm they seem fairly ambiguous but there's no good way to judge.

cj_iwakura

As if he really changed his stripes. Adachi is the Reverse Fool. He'll never change, he is Chaos.

Dantis

I think we shouldn't worry about P5 until we've seen P4D. P5 is a long way off until we at least see something of P4D, I think.

Dantis

I play many games. In terms of variety, I play more than most people, I imagine.

But yes, I started Xillia yesterday. It sure is a Tales game.

This is what I've also been thinking for the last few days, yeah. Let's just take it step by step.

We have to see it soon, I still think. If anything, I'm surprised that we haven't seen it yet. I still think it will come out around October time.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
I play many games. In terms of variety, I play more than most people, I imagine.

But yes, I started Xillia yesterday. It sure is a Tales game.

You didn't like Tales of games? It's okay, I didn't care for them either until I bought Xillia on PSN for $10. I enjoyed it.

Dantis

But I thought P4D was confirmed for 2015…

Fall 2014. Get with the times, man.

You didn't like Tales of games? It's okay, I didn't care for them either until I bought Xillia on PSN for $10. I enjoyed it.

I like them, but they're the fast food of JRPGs.

On the plus side, two of the three characters I've met in Xillia are more likeable than anyone in Graces.

We're basically guaranteed to see some P4D at TGS

If late September is the first time they show something significant, I will be very, very surprised. I think we'll see it long before then.

Hey guys, just wanted to drop by and say that Persona 4 has the best sound track in any game period imo. Only soundtrack for a game that I enjoy every song, I even got the OST on my ipod. Such an catchy and happy ost. I hope who ever was in charge of the OST for P4 is in charge of 5.

Caladrius

Actually I could see P5 being at TGS. Hmm..

On the plus side, two of the three characters I've met in Xillia are more likeable than anyone in Graces.

Graces suffers big time from A cute dumbass overly naive protagonist.

Xillia's party is solid overall. I think there's one character I outright disliked among the cast. (Leia), and even then she's not insufferable

Dantis

Actually I could see P5 being at TGS. Hmm..

Graces suffers big time from A cute dumbass overly naive protagonist.

Xillia's party is solid overall. I think there's one character I outright disliked among the cast. (Leia), and even then she's not insufferable

From what I've seen, Milla is awful. I really dislike her design too.

Hey guys, just wanted to drop by and say that Persona 4 has the best sound track in any game period imo. Only soundtrack for a game that I enjoy every song, I even got the OST on my ipod. Such an catchy and happy ost. I hope who ever was in charge of the OST for P4 is in charge of 5.

He is indeed. He did Persona 3, Persona 3 Portable and Catherine too.

Soriku

Leia was my favorite female character. I like Milla the least out of the entire cast.

Also the fast food analogy makes no sense for Tales games to me. The games easily have better battle systems and characters than most RPGs, and usually have a lot of content. That alone makes them above average. Then some of the stories are pretty good (I liked Xillia's a lot). Just need to work on the OSTs (Xillia's is solid though)...fortunately Go Shiina is composing Zestiria.

Young Magus

P3 MOVIE 2 SPOILERS?

Hey guys i've just heard fromm another forum that apparently in the second film they make Makoto/Yukari the canon couple..

Again it's just what someone said but they apparently kiss on the beach in the film.

Also Makoto has new moments/interactions with aigis as well

Sorry to do this but.....
The canon couple part ant true, what happened was the same events in the game till you get a choice, the choice part does not happened because shadows appear and Aigis fights them off.

From what I've seen, Milla is awful. I really dislike her design too.

oh awesome. I liked P3's soundtrack as well but it has nothing on P4's. Haven't played Catherine yet though. One day I'll play it, I promise.... I wish I was still in High School, so much free time during those days :(

also I don't think we'll see P5 at TGS, TGS has been total shit for like 3 or so years straight.

Mobile Suit Gooch

I like them, but they're the fast food of JRPGs.

Fast food of JRPGs? Huh. I've never heard that before. like when you're playing it; it's all good but then when you finish you're left empty' filled with regret, until the next time you play?

Although I can't necessarily agree with that, it's easily Top 10 material (maybe even Top 5, but that's a LOT harder for me to narrow down, personally).

And I would definitely be surprised if Meguro wasn't back on for 5.

Squire

Banned
Vita is not region locked though. Just like with P4G retail stores will sell the US version within 1-2 weeks, so the official release date doesn't really matter.
Now Persona Q on the other hand...

We can't have an Atlus thread without complaints about it. I assure you: it matters.

oh awesome. I liked P3's soundtrack as well but it has nothing on P4's. Haven't played Catherine yet though. One day I'll play it, I promise.... I wish I was still in High School, so much free time during those days :(
also I don't think we'll see P5 at TGS, TGS has been total shit for like 3 or so years straight.

I would check out his other stuff, like Nocturne, Digital Devil Saga, and Devil Summoner(PS2 games). The guy has a wide range in terms of music.

DNAbro

Real talk: Persona 5, still pure turn-based RPG or do you guys think we'll get an ATB or even Actionesque battle mode?

I'm expecting the same battle system with minor improvements.

Although I can't necessarily agree with that, it's easily Top 10 material (maybe even Top 5, but that's a LOT harder for me to narrow down, personally).

And I would definitely be surprised if Meguro wasn't back on for 5.

Meguro is already confirmed for 5.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
9S38Hik.gif

BAZONGAS!

I've tried to play both Xillia and Vesperia, and I dropped both at the 20ish hour mark because I got bored of the combat. At least Vesperia had Yuri, who is a candidate for best JRPG protagonist. Xillia meanwhile had Jude, who is fucking terrible. Crazy hair girl was also pretty awful.

Sorry to do this but.....
The canon couple part ant true, what happened was the same events in the game till you get a choice, the choice part does not happened because shadows appear and Aigis fights them off.

Well that's pretty lame (but not unsurprising), since
that's when Yukari begins to like him.
But I guess they'll make things work for The Answer somehow.

arue

Actually, I've heard it being called that before from this lovely Kotaku article, from around when SMT X FE was announced. Let's just say that this article is.....special to say the least.

I don't really like that article. It mentions SMT but keeps on referencing to Persona, which won't on SMTxFE at all.

It's confusing to introduce SMT and its spin-offs to newcomers because a lot of my friends always think Soul Hackers plays the same as P3P or Devil Survivor just because they have the name "Shin Megami Tensei" on the cover.

Sorry if it sounds like a rant, but I'm just tired of people mentioning or referencing Persona in the upcoming SMTxFE.

I don't really like that article. It mentions SMT but keeps on referencing to Persona, which won't on SMTxFE at all.

It's confusing to introduce SMT and its spin-offs to newcomers because a lot of my friends always think Soul Hackers plays the same as P3P or Devil Survivor just because they have the name "Shin Megami Tensei" on the cover.

Sorry if it sounds like a rant, but I'm just tired of people mentioning or referencing Persona in the upcoming SMTxFE.
That's Kotaku for you.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Well Persona is pretty popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom