• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedGraveXIII

Neo Member
P3 MOVIE 2 SPOILERS?

Hey guys i've just heard fromm another forum that apparently in the second film they make Makoto/Yukari the canon couple..

Again it's just what someone said but they apparently kiss on the beach in the film.

Also Makoto has new moments/interactions with aigis as well

A kiss huh? Wasn't expecting that.
Well, I'm cool with it since I really like Yukari, alternatively Elizabeth would be fine as well.
I hope they give her screen time!

arue

P3 MOVIE 2 SPOILERS?

Hey guys i've just heard fromm another forum that apparently in the second film they make Makoto/Yukari the canon couple..

Again it's just what someone said but they apparently kiss on the beach in the film.

Nooooooo. P3MC x Aigis is the only OTP.

Joking aside,
I think a kiss is too early at this point. Isn't the Lovers Arcana activated after the summer trip?
I know the movie doesn't have to follow the game, but I still think it's kinda too early.

GOLD gym looking for the bomb transmitter/riddle

EDIT: I thought maybe it was because I was under leveled(everyone in my party is level 21-23) but most of the enemies are in that range too

Yea that is odd, but as long as you can manage fine, it should be all good!

How do you feel on the plot and characters so far?

Moonlight

Banned
P3 MOVIE 2 SPOILERS?

Hell yes.

YUKARI STAYS WINNING

Speaking of Kaneko, I'm curious how PersonaGAF would feel if Atlus dropped his classic demon designs for P5? Persona 3 & 4 just used the Nocturne and DDS assets with a few additions, but they are now starting from scratch again with P5. This would be their one big chance to really try something bold like that.

Personally I've become pretty attached to most of the old designs, but I do think it would be pretty interesting to see some of the classic SMT designs reimagined by someone like Soejima.

What would be "unceremonious" about redoing the art? Other series do this all the time. Have Kaneko's designs not been in enough games?

I like his demon designs and he's far better at them than Soejima, so understand I have no stake in whether they do this or don't. I'm trying to understand: If they did it, why would it be "unceremonious"? A "screw you"? Why would it be a bad thing?

I feel like there should be tangible connections to the rest of the umbrella. As it stands Persona already overshadows the rest of the franchises, and the series itself contains only a small smattering of references and connections to any of the other games.

To me redo-ing all of those designs completely seems to be further distancing itself from it by removing additional references to the other series. They'll have the names and the mythology, but the actual character design (that thing that actually identifies it with MegaTen) is removed.

It's like making a pokemon spinoff with significantly different gameplay and redesigning nearly all of the monsters. You could make the case that the demons aren't absolutely essential to Persona's identity like Pokemon are to its own franchise (And I mean Persona in particular, since the demon designs are a shared element of nearly the entire superfranchise), but my point is that you're removing an important component of what actually connects it to the home series when it's not necessary to do so.

From a practical standpoint it makes absolutely no sense to redesign the entire roster from scratch when they could use the updated demon assets for the classic monsters in future Megaten games on HD consoles.(Something Buddha pointed out while I was making this post) The only reason you would do it is if you felt compelled enough to enforce consistency among the designs or wanted to be able to say that there's a metric ton of new designs.

Let's put it this way, the problem is mostly with the portraits more than anything. The 3D models of the demons are fine in my opinion, it's just the portraits they use that is problem, no level of consistency as you do you a wide variety of demons with differing art styles from different era's of Kaneko's work. Persona 4 has kinda brings up this issue along with a few other games during the last generation, but SMT IV showed the glaring problem of having so many demons in the series. No level of consistency in terms of art. I think at this point, it might be worth having Kaneko and a few artist updating the art, either making it look more cleaner and fresh, even if it's just the old looking portraits, or redesign them even if it's just some small or large tweaks to the design.

Yea that is odd, but as long as you can manage fine, it should be all good!

How do you feel on the plot and characters so far?
My favorite cast by far and sumaru actually feels like a living city with all the interaction and rumor spreading taking place. They nailed that perfectly. Sometimes I just stop what I'm doing and go talk to people around town just to look and get a gauge on stuff

The plot is still a little confusing to me but I understand the gist and then some

Yeah, the DLC character with those glasses looks really dorky, and I love it.

Hopefully the rumor about
Makoto kissing Yukari in the beach
is actually true. The best OTP <3 But sadly, I think it will turn out to be fake, in the game
you can only hug her or not
and in the manga
he doesn't hug her and also says the ''I only came here because I was told so'' line.
Not romantic at all. :(

PK Gaming

Hinata_%2812%29.png

You guys aren't actually buying into that fiction... right?

Think about it! If something like that were to happen, it would be super widespread. We'd have sourcesfrom tumblr or twitter or GameFaqs or what have you. But that post is the only post that mentions that sort of thing. (and it's from a poster that has a previous history of lying or bending the truth!!). Kotaku's import review for the second film makes no mention of something like that happening either. In fact, it sounds like Yukari has even less of an involvement in this film.

Kotaku Review said:
As mentioned earlier in this review, this movie is largely focused on the new characters: Ken, Koromaru, and Aigis. And while no doubt this makes for a good introduction to the new characters, it also has the downside of marginalizing the main cast members that debuted in the first film. Some characters, namely Yukari and Akihiko, do at least get a single scene each devoted to their development; but Mitsuru, Junpei, and Fuuka might as well be lampposts for all they add to the plot. They probably only have a dozen lines a piece in the entire film, none of which tells us anything new about them.

And that kind of heavy-handed romance is just not Atlus's style.

Don&#8217;t Listen to Ondore&#8217;s Lies!

Squire

Banned
Weird that they didn't mention Shinjiro as a major character despite him joining the team and having more importance to what happens in the movie than some of the other characters.

The fact your post is in spoilers should provide a hint as to why they didn't mention that, haha.

kewlmyc

You guys aren't actually buying into that fiction... right?

Think about it! If something like that were to happen, it would be super widespread. We'd have sourcesfrom tumblr or twitter or GameFaqs or what have you. But that post is the only post that mentions that sort of thing. (and it's from a poster that has a previous history of lying or bending the truth!!). Kotaku's import review for the second film makes no mention of something like that happening either. In fact, it sounds like Yukari has even less of an involvement in this film.

And that kind of heavy-handed romance is just not Atlus's style.

Don&#8217;t Listen to Ondore&#8217;s Lies!

Thank you for speaking common sense. That movie spoiler made no sense considering it's a DRASTIC jump from the first movie.

Plus, I think MagusKen would have mentioned something like that.

The fact your post is in spoilers should provide a hint as to why they didn't mention that, haha.

To be fair, they do mention that
Aigis is the protagonist of The Answer and not Makoto anymore, also saying that their interactions are important for this event to happen.
. I would say that's more spoilerish than saying
Shinjiro joins the team and the movie also focuses on him like Ken, Koro and Aigis.

Xenoflare

Yukari
is the cannon girl in the movies?! Mother of everything that's holy... Superior Persona waifu wins again.

Even if the fact is disputable, but she always gave me the vibe of the default girl for P3.

I was really surprised that
she isn't by the end of the game

P3 MOVIE 2 SPOILERS?

3045019-gif_clint_yes350.gif

Has this been debunked yet. It seems too early for that to happen.

Speaking of Kaneko, what's he up to these days? I haven't hear any news on him in a long while.
He's still at ATLUS, last thing he was working on was SMT IV as a writer of the original draft scenario for the game. What he's doing now is up in the air. Some people have said that he's maybe working on some SMT-related project, but what it is, who knows.

Yeah, I don't think that
Makoto would kiss Yukari
. In fact, I would be surprised
even if he just hugs her.

I wonder how they will handle
Elizabeth and her "quests" when you take her outside of the Velvet Room.

...in the manga
he doesn't hug her and also says the ''I only came here because I was told so'' line.
Not romantic at all. :(

WHOA, what a gentleman.

New avatar test

I like it.

Setsu00

He's still at ATLUS, last thing he was working on was SMT IV as a writer of the original draft scenario for the game. What he's doing now is up in the air. Some people have said that he's maybe working on some SMT-related project, but what it is, who knows.

I always assumed that he'd be working on whatever Deviliser turns out to be.

cj_iwakura

I'm kidding!

It's actually a fan comic, telling the story of a young woman's strange, erotic journey from Milan to Minsk.

Maken Shao is on PSN. I enjoyed it a fair amount, personally.

Only in Europe, and an inferior version, but better than nothing. It's a special snowflake.

And yes, Kei is boss.

MSMrRound

I didn't think posting images of a new character = P4U spoilers.

Not everyone have finished playing Persona 4. Most of us know who he is, for anyone new wandering in here to ask for advice in completing P4G...well, they might not have the motivation anymore after seeing your post.

Not everyone have finished playing that game. Most of us know who he is, for for anyone new wandering in here to ask for advice in completing it...well, they might not have the motivation anymore after seeing your post.

This. There's a reason we keep spoiler tagging any instance of this, and it's because not everyone has cleared it. I've had some games spoiled for me unintentionally and that actually took some motivation out of it all for me, so I completely understand where that comes from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom