• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soriku

Fast food of JRPGs? Huh. I've never heard that before. like when you're playing it; it's all good but then when you finish you're left empty' filled with regret, until the next time you play?

Just "average RPGs" (that are good once in a while?)

I disagree and I think Tales is better than most other RPGs out there.

Squire

Banned
Just "average RPGs" (that are good once in a while?)

I disagree and I think Tales is better than most other RPGs out there.

iLZqQllWvgBJx.gif

Next PQ persona DLC is

Thanatos (Lv. 70)
AF3PueH.png

Something I always noticed that is cool to me is that thanatos' legs and arms are similar to Aigis' body structure (the hooved feet). Is that purposely done? I assume its in some artbook I guess that explains it.

I just figure its that way
cause Aigis seals Death into Makoto and it just took the design influence of Aigis since she was the one that did it or something like that?

Either way always struck me as odd/cool.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
You'll see a lot of people complain that Xillia didn't have a lot of content (not a 100+ hour dump like most mainline Tales; I still spent a lot of time with it though) so probably not.
Well anyway, I enjoyed it even though I only played the Milla part. But my fav besides Teipo and Leia(?) was Alvin.

I think it's popular among JRPG players, but it's still pretty niche compared to other games in the US/EU market.

The author used Persona's popularity and ended up misleading his readers because he thought SMT = Persona (esp. 3 & 4).

That's gaming Journalism for ya.

arue

tumblr_n7ak03zmYf1rpyb5jo1_r1_500.png

He's still cooler than all of them

Source

Tatsuya is either imitating a motorcycle or making fun of Yu. I think it's both.
Yu's face looks so gullible lol.
I enjoyed Sega's Resonence of Fate. I think someone here recommended it to me.

I wish Tri-Ace would revive Star Ocean and pretend The Last Hope never existed.

I just bought The Last Hope International two days ago. I played the first 3 hours of it and it seems okay so far. What you don't like about it? I'm just wondering.

Also, RIP Megaman. You'll forever live in my memory.

Soriku

Well.

You mean like him fighting Alvin?

playing FFX-2 HD though.

Yes. I loved those series of scenes, then I also liked t
he Maxwell fight before Milla came in
, and I prefer
the Muzet encounter on Jude's side

Where did all of this Tales hate come from....

It's mind boggling to me. Again, I really would like know how many JRPG series people consider better and in what ways. I mainly play JRPGs, and Tales is still at the top.

Wild Arms PS4 pls.

Yes please.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
Yes. I loved those series of scenes, then I also liked t
he Maxwell fight before Milla came in
, and I prefer
the Muzet encounter on Jude's side

Welp. I guess I'll return to the game soon.

the Milla segments
where she looses her memory and powers
were kinda boring.

Since we're on the topic of niche JRPGs. WTF are Sony, Sega, Square and Capcom doing?! They have a lot of those.
I could say the same thing for CC2(CyberConnect2) games, I'm hoping for a new dotHack or Little Tail Bronx game soon.
I enjoyed Sega's Resonence of Fate. I think someone here recommended it to me.

I wish Tri-Ace would revive Star Ocean and pretend The Last Hope never existed.

I like RoF (Great Soundtrack) even if think it has a somewhat awful and confusing story. Though the only thing people are gonna remember about that is Nolan North and his dancing skills

I thought about trying Star Ocean but then I found Persona. Heh.
I highly recommend Star Ocean Til the End of Time if you ever get a chance.

I just bought The Last Hope International two days ago. I played the first 3 hours of it and it seems okay so far. What you don't like about it? I'm just wondering.
The characters were extremely bland. I was especially disappointed with the female characters, since they're just walking cliches. The battle system was pretty fun though. I was just completely checked out of the story.

Also, RIP Megaman. You'll forever live in my memory.
If only Megaman Legends 3 didn't get cancelled. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom