• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantis

So on P-CH, it says that the PQ OST from HMV Japan comes with a bonus disc with three outtake tracks on it, but the HMV site doesn't mention it. Anyone know why?

Also, P-CH is now themed around Ultimax, which presumably means that they're wrapping up on PQ coverage. COME ON, P4D!

So on P-CH, it says that the PQ OST from HMV Japan comes with a bonus disc with three outtake tracks on it, but the HMV site doesn't mention it. Anyone know why?

But it does...

tumblr_n7bjcmIWQA1t46pjso1_500.png

http://www.hmv.co.jp/artist_Various..._ペルソナQ-シャドウ-オブ-ザ-ラビリンス-オリジナル・サウンドトラック_5756105

PK Gaming

Yeah i'm kinda hoping it is too. Here's where i found it, he said he has been to japan to see it himself

WARNING: This forum has spoilers!!

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/739683-persona-4-arena-ultimax/69414548?page=11

Post #116 by Enoshima_Junko

I've personally seen that user make stuff up before, so you should probably take anything they say with a grain of salt. And that particular piece of info sounds dubious as hell (i'm pretty sure we would have heard something by now. MagusKen definitely would have told us about it.)

Hmm.

Seems it doesn't show up on the English version of the site.

How odd.

Limited stock, first come first served. I wouldn't be surprised if they left it out :p

And the English side of these sites tends to get updated later than the JP. So it might be there in a few days.

Dantis

Limited stock, first come first served. I wouldn't be surprised if they left it out :p

And the English side of these sites tends to get updated later than the JP. So it might be there in a few days.

I don't know whether to order it or not. If I get the bonus disc, it will be worthwhile. If I don't, it won't.

Dantis

Well do you want the OST?

A 3 track disc can't really be the deciding decision. You will probably get it if you're quick enough, depends how much stock they have.

Expect to see them on yahoo auctions or ebay, I wouldn't worry that much.

I'm getting the CD either way (I buy all the Persona CDs). I just mean I don't know whether to order it from HMV. It's cheaper elsewhere because of HMV's pricey shipping costs.

I'm getting the CD either way (I buy all the Persona CDs). I just mean I don't know whether to order it from HMV. It's cheaper elsewhere because of HMV's pricey shipping costs.

That is true, I tend to avoid HMV whenever possible.

If you really want the 3 track bonus disc then go for it. Otherwise cheaper is better.

I wonder when we'll get some info about
Adachi
on the US version. Since it'll be available at a later date in Japan, I wonder if it's going to be a preorder bonus for the US and if you don't preorder the game, it'll be on PSN on release day for a fee.

Also, P-CH is now themed around Ultimax, which presumably means that they're wrapping up on PQ coverage. COME ON, P4D!

YES! I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS!

P3 MOVIE 2 SPOILERS?

Hey guys i've just heard fromm another forum that apparently in the second film they make Makoto/Yukari the canon couple..

Again it's just what someone said but they apparently kiss on the beach in the film.

Also Makoto has new moments/interactions with aigis as well
Canon
Animated Adaptation

Pick one.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
But what would this mean for my Makoto and Naoto shipping fan fiction?!??

You made a fanfic for that?

I'm wanna make a doujinshi involving a love triangle between Rise, Marie, and Yu. wanna draw?

I'm kidding if someone else wants to make the whole thing though that'll be great.

So John Hardin is saying that PQ should take 100+ hours to clear in its entirety, 60 hours for the first route, 40 for the second on a normal difficulty.

If this turns out to be true its no wonder that the english release is apart from the japanese one, that's a lot of content to localise.

Nexas

Speaking of Kaneko, I'm curious how PersonaGAF would feel if Atlus dropped his classic demon designs for P5? Persona 3 & 4 just used the Nocturne and DDS assets with a few additions, but they are now starting from scratch again with P5. This would be their one big chance to really try something bold like that.

Personally I've become pretty attached to most of the old designs, but I do think it would be pretty interesting to see some of the classic SMT designs reimagined by someone like Soejima.

Caladrius

Hey I finally figured out how to make my keyboard put out Japanese!

地にないらのきまし 浜野 菊井 くいくいくい

Unfortunately I don't know what I'm typing.

Speaking of Kaneko, I'm curious how PersonaGAF would feel if Atlus dropped his classic demon designs for P5? Persona 3 & 4 just used the Nocturne and DDS assets with a few additions, but they are now starting from scratch again with P5. This would be their one big chance to really try something bold like that.

Personally I've become pretty attached to most of the old designs, but I do think it would be pretty interesting to see some of the classic SMT designs reimagined by someone like Soejima.

I would be sincerely disappointed. Persona has always felt like an aspect of Megaten and I feel like it'd be a giant "screw you" to its origins by taking it out.

Setsu00

The classic demons always felt out of place in Persona 3 and 4 due to their significantly different design approach to me. I wouldn't mind dropping them for 5.

However, if that means that we get something like SMT4, I'm against it. And considering that Soejima can't redesign every demon in the series, this is most likely what would happen.

Trigger

I'd be fine if they dropped them. The old designs have their charm, but why not do something new?

Squire

Banned
Hey I finally figured out how to make my keyboard put out Japanese!

地にないらのきまし 浜野 菊井 くいくいくい

Unfortunately I don't know what I'm typing.

I would be sincerely disappointed. Persona has always felt like an aspect of Megaten and I feel like it'd be a giant "screw you" to its origins by taking it out.

It's kinda problematic that that's how you would read an evolution like that - as a "screw you".

Not just you specifically. I'm sure others feel the same and that kind of thinking will hold the series back and constrain Atlus' creativity.

Caladrius

It's kinda problematic that that's how you would read an evolution like that - as a "screw you".

Not just you specifically. I'm sure others feel the same and that kind of thinking will hold the series back and constrain Atlus' creativity.

I'd be fine if there was an introduction of new demons alongside the old guard, but unceremoniously dumping the whole lot of them seems more like they're trying to dissociate it from the rest of Megaten completely.

Huh? You asking me to pick between the game or film? well i'd pick the game ofc. I assume you mean the game is canon right?
Sorry, I read your original post as if you believed the film was canon to the games. If you don't, then writing "canon" in your original post was unusual. The film dictates its own canon, anything that happens in it is "canon" to it, regardless of how it is related to the game.

I personally think that the demons should be scrapped in P5 and replaced entirely with redone Persona designs because they legacy demons really have no thematic nor visual consistency with the newly designed Personas and they're only there to fill the enormous Persona roster quickly and easily.

That said, I understand this would probably be a bad idea for the strength of future MegaTen games in general. But in a vacuum, the above is preferable.

Squire

Banned
I'd be fine if there was an introduction of new demons alongside the old guard, but unceremoniously dumping the whole lot of them seems more like they're trying to dissociate it from the rest of Megaten completely.

What would be "unceremonious" about redoing the art? Other series do this all the time. Have Kaneko's designs not been in enough games?

I like his demon designs and he's far better at them than Soejima, so understand I have no stake in whether they do this or don't. I'm trying to understand: If they did it, why would it be "unceremonious"? A "screw you"? Why would it be a bad thing?

What I want, but it would be entirely unrealsitic...Have Kaneko redesign a ton of demons and redraw em all, have Soejima make some killer Personas. P5 is going to be the first megaten game that moves into the true HD era, and will make the demon models for any future ones so far.

Do enemies in P2IS really do 1 most of the time because I'm not seeing that happen? I'm getting hit and take like 10-40 damage

the PSP port of P2IS has terrible rebalancing that caused that. You are on hard right? Also are you upgrading your Personas and stuff? Buying new armor?

Caladrius

What would be "unceremonious" about redoing the art? Other series do this all the time. Have Kaneko's designs not been in enough games?

I like his demon designs and he's far better at them than Soejima, so understand I have no stake in whether they do this or don't. I'm trying to understand: If they did it, why would it be "unceremonious"? A "screw you"? Why would it be a bad thing?

I feel like there should be tangible connections to the rest of the umbrella. As it stands Persona already overshadows the rest of the franchises, and the series itself contains only a small smattering of references and connections to any of the other games.

To me redo-ing all of those designs completely seems to be further distancing itself from it by removing additional references to the other series. They'll have the names and the mythology, but the actual character design (that thing that actually identifies it with MegaTen) is removed.

It's like making a pokemon spinoff with significantly different gameplay and redesigning nearly all of the monsters. You could make the case that the demons aren't absolutely essential to Persona's identity like Pokemon are to its own franchise (And I mean Persona in particular, since the demon designs are a shared element of nearly the entire superfranchise), but my point is that you're removing an important component of what actually connects it to the home series when it's not necessary to do so.

From a practical standpoint it makes absolutely no sense to redesign the entire roster from scratch when they could use the updated demon assets for the classic monsters in future Megaten games on HD consoles.(Something Buddha pointed out while I was making this post) The only reason you would do it is if you felt compelled enough to enforce consistency among the designs or wanted to be able to say that there's a metric ton of new designs.

the PSP port of P2IS has terrible rebalancing that caused that. You are on hard right? Also are you upgrading your Personas and stuff? Buying new armor?
I've been making new personas and the ones I have already ranked up a couple of times to earn new skills/stat increases. I have the the most expensive/quality armor too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom