• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
You really should have taken Elly because Elly starts with a Jugement persona and that makes the game easy mode for real since they're immune to all magic except for the Dark set and it's subtypes.

Just booted up P4 for the first time in a while and forgot about the old P4's title screen had Yu running. Was this supposed to signify something? Seems kind of random.

I'm just having a hard time imagining them reacting positively to
Kanji's doll making,
like that "that's not weird but actually it's really weird" kind of reaction. I mean Rise called him a creep for it and Yosuke is afraid of catching the gay.

CorvoSol

You really should have taken Elly because Elly starts with a Jugement persona and that makes the game easy mode for real since they're immune to all magic except for the Dark set and it's subtypes.

Sorta makes me sad that you have to play the game thrice to experience the whole cast.

Dantis

The only thing I wholeheartedly dislike about Golden is its title screen.

Booorrrrriiiiiiiiiiinnnnnngggggg.

I actually really like P4G's title screen. Very modern and slick.

The Persona Team are really ahead of the game in that regard. Their menus and HUDs are really far ahead of their contemporaries. Arena is the only game where I feel like the presentation isn't up to scratch, but I suppose that's because it isn't really P-Studio.

Lunar15

The Persona Team are really ahead of the game in that regard. Their menus and HUDs are really far ahead of their contemporaries. Arena is the only game where I feel like the presentation isn't up to scratch, but I suppose that's because it isn't really P-Studio.

Really? I rather like Arena's presentation. It fits the theme they're going for pretty well.

Sophia

You feel that way because you're biased. Arena's presentation is very much top-notch among fighting games. :p

Dantis

Really? I rather like Arena's presentation. It fits the theme they're going for pretty well.

I only realised when I tried Arena again a few months ago that the whole presentation is meant to look like one of the gaudy TV shows that appears on the Midnight Channel. When you view it like that, it fits pretty well, but it's a very different design paradigm to what P3, P4 and Catherine follow.

Caladrius

P4G's menu is nice. It doesn't have a concept behind it as cool as vanilla's, but it itself is very good bar that.

I think in terms of actual layout Golden's is superior, but the more abstract look they go for takes a bit of the emotional punch out of it to me.

Sophia

I dunno, the music not looping in Arena is big time amateur hour stuff. Though that might not be what we're talking about.

Depends on what you're referring to. The music in story mode is pretty much all from P3 and P4, so it's understandable that music that wasn't originally intended to loop (
such as Nyx's theme in Labrys's story mode
) won't do so correctly. On the other hand all the stage music loops correctly, as you can hear from the soundtrack versions of the songs fading out at the end.

Personally... I was hoping that Ultimax would have more original music, regardless of who composed it. Kind of a shame all the Shadows use preexisting themes instead of creating two to three new themes for them.

Dantis

Don't' they fix that in Ultimax? I know BB never fixed it.

It's most likely because Arena uses Blazblue as a base, and they just don't touch the part of the code that handles the music.

Personally... I was hoping that Ultimax would have more original music, regardless of who composed it. Kind of a shame all the Shadows use preexisting themes instead of creating two to three new themes for them.

That's interesting. I wonder if Ultimax will even get an OST release then?

Sophia

That's interesting. I wonder if Ultimax will even get an OST release then?

Well there's new tracks (Yukari, Junpei, probably Rise, Sho, the new main theme) and we don't know if Story mode will have new music either. So who knows? There's definitely enough to release a mini OST.

Dantis

Well there's new tracks (Yukari, Junpei, probably Rise, Sho, the new main theme) and we don't know if Story mode will have new music either. So who knows? There's definitely enough to release a mini OST.

There'll probably be a new opening and ending track for the console version too. Five new character themes plus three main game themes is probably enough, yeah.

tumblr_n4ns9eK2pC1t3sh6mo1_1280.jpg

hao chi

Depends on what you're referring to. The music in story mode is pretty much all from P3 and P4, so it's understandable that music that wasn't originally intended to loop (
such as Nyx's theme in Labrys's story mode
) won't do so correctly. On the other hand all the stage music loops correctly, as you can hear from the soundtrack versions of the songs fading out at the end.

I'm not too crazy about P4A's original music, so I'm actually fine with this. I just wanted more P3 and P4 songs. :p

wait until you see SMT IV, amazing amazing UI.

Maybesew

Hey I have a question. I'm trying to catch the sea guardian, and I have the right beetle bait, but I've made a lot of casts without any luck. Is it possible I did something wrong or do I need more patience?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom