• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I'm late, but I can't believe
Atlus really supports that Adachi-cabbage running joke.
I wonder if the other characters will laugh at that title. His trailer is awesome though.
Unfortunately I don't think anyone will know his title since he's an outsider that's not 'supposed' to be in the P1 tourney.

In the first P4A, Teddie, Labrys, Mitsuru, Akihiko and Aigis' title were never acknowledged since they weren't in that tournament.

Alastor3

maaan.... I can't wait... I want Persona 4 Golden on PSN for PS3 so bad!!! It's like they WANT me to buy a Vita only for that game!

cjkeats

Reminder: never bet on Metroid if you don't want Oreimo as your avatar. >_>
And to think I actually thought you were cool because of your avatar.

Shame.
Should be on CR and Hulu, like the original series.
It wasn't on CR. It was on the animenetwork and hulu. Hopefully though with Aniplex taking a bigger role in this one it'll be on CR. Aniplex usually puts their shows there.

arue

Unfortunately I don't think anyone will know his title since he's an outsider that's not 'supposed' to be in the P1 tourney.

In the first P4A, Teddie, Labrys, Mitsuru, Akihiko and Aigis' title were never acknowledged since they weren't in that tournament.

I forgot about that. That's a missed opportunity for the IT though.

Mdesilva

I have both BDs. Just wait and watch P4GA, dude.
I'm probably going to go ahead and watch it since I wanted to finish it. Unless it's really bad, I'd like to be able to compare it with P4GA.

And to think I actually thought you were cool because of your avatar.

Shame.
I'm going to watch it at some point. Maybe I'll start it today? I don't know what to expect though, I've heard very good and very bad things about it :p

Well, their titles weren't really as mean as the P4 cast, and the two teams didn't know each other so it wouldn't make sense.

Teddie's is kinda weird but not really unflattering, and Labrys's is just acknowledging that she's
a robot.

Whoever suggested Kara no Shoujo in this thread, good sir I thank you. This VN is top notch, and I can KINDA see the resemblances to P4. Just kinda lol. This is much, much darker.

Do decisions in Persona 2 IS really have an effect on things or is it just "one gets you to objective faster and the other slower" or something like that?

Marche90

Whoever suggested Kara no Shoujo in this thread, good sir I thank you. This VN is top notch, and I can KINDA see the resemblances to P4. Just kinda lol. This is much, much darker.

Dafuq? Uh... I have played both, and I assure you there's nothing in common between the two works, other than a series of murders in both.

Also, you sure it was recommended in this thread?

Dafuq? Uh... I have played both, and I assure you there's nothing in common between the two works, other than a series of murders in both.

Also, you sure it was recommended in this thread?

Found it VVV

I played one briefly a few years ago on the PS3 at Eurogamer (E3 of Europe). I didnt dig the gameplay so i never picked it up. The only thing that would convince me to get it is the story and characters.

On a side note, everyone on this forum should check out this game. Kara no Shojo

Its like a much darker version of Persona 4 (in some aspects). Overall, brilliant characters, brilliant story, brilliant art, BRILLIANT music.

I can see what he meant, since it revolves around murders and stuff.

Xenoflare

wait so she does get one? i figured the game was almost over soon since
the last battlion is at mt. kamiti-whatever so they can get something to find/activate xibliba

In order to get Yukino's final persona,
bring her with you instead of leaving her behind with her dying mentor

Marche90

good thing it was the most minor spoiler ever

Well, I haven't really played P2 so I wouldn't know xD

I can see what he meant, since it revolves around murders and stuff.

Derp. Shows how much I've been hanging around in the thread lately if I missed that recommendation.

Still, imo the only thing in common between the two works are the murders :p

Doesn't stop it from having a good story, tho.

Glad you enjoyed it man. I was captivated by the artwork and soundtrack when it was featured on siliconera. I immediately checked it out.

Yeah, it only resembles persona with the murder aspect. I guess what i meant was it has a great set of characters, and awesome music.

Two of the characters are also called yukari and yukiko :p (Thats just me being extra though lol)

All in all, a brilliant game. Some of those murders are brutal, especially the sound effects. OUCH!!

Soulflarz

Banned
Glad you enjoyed it man. I was captivated by the artwork and soundtrack when it was featured on siliconera. I immediately checked it out.

Yeah, it only resembles persona with the murder aspect. I guess what i meant was it has a great set of characters, and awesome music.

Two of the characters are also called yukari and yukiko :p (Thats just me being extra though lol)

All in all, a brilliant game. Some of those murders are brutal, especially the sound effects. OUCH!!

Is it 18+ or no? That might affect if i try it or not :/

PK Gaming

...How bad? PM if its terrible

It's easily one of the most disturbing/despair inducing games I have ever played. It's also an H-game, so you'll be forced to sit through dumb fanservice scenes at times. That said, both the story, music and characters are really excellent, and the overall mysteries are generally pretty enjoyable (you play as a homicide detective). But be warned, the gore is heavy, and emotional turmoil is even heavier. I really don't agree with Lulu's assertion. It's not like Persona at all... it's like the negative image of Persona. Whereas Persona is mostly a hopeful series, Kara no Shoujo is absolutely filled with despair. I could honestly handle the gore, but playing through Kara no Shoujo was like being tied down and mercilessly punched in the gut. Overall, i'd say it was it worth playing, but it's definitely not for everyone.

Tread lightly!

Soulflarz

Banned
It's easily one of the most disturbing/despair inducing games I have ever played. It's also an H-game, so you'll be forced to sit through dumb fanservice scenes at times. That said, both the story, music and characters are really excellent, and the overall mysteries are generally pretty enjoyable (you play as a homicide detective). But be warned, the gore is heavy, and emotional turmoil is even heavier. I really don't agree with Lulu's assertion. It's not like Persona at all... it's like the negative image of Persona. Whereas Persona is mostly a hopeful series, Kara no Shoujo is absolutely filled with despair. I could honestly handle the gore, but playing through Kara no Shoujo was like being tied down and mercilessly punched in the gut. Overall, i'd say it was it worth it but it's definitely not for everyone.

Tread lightly.

Not much phases me.

As in it is VERY hard for a game or gore to bother me, so I might have to look into this. But yeah, I meant how bad are the pervy parts.

PK Gaming

Pretty blatant, but you can just mash spacebar to quickly skip through them.

Oh, if you plan on playing through the game, you should probably use a spoiler free guide. Getting to the true ending is pretty much impossible without one.

Soulflarz

Banned
Pretty blatant, but you can just mash spacebar to quickly skip through them.

Oh, if you plan on playing through the game, you should probably use a spoiler free guide. Getting to the true ending is pretty much impossible without one.

Should i do this my first playthrough? Or do what I did for steins;gate and do it at my first ending.

abrack08

Hello.

I took these Yu and What's His Face trailers and made them not just Japanese.

Thanks Pepsiman!
pepsi-thumbs-up.jpg

Adachi
does not seem to have turned over a new leaf

PK Gaming

Hello.

Merci beaucoup~

It looks like the culprit isn't strictly an antagonist, but they're sure as hell not cooperating with the heroes either. I guess we were in the right speculating that they were mostly going to do whatever the fuck they wanted.

EDIT: Bold word choice for the Shadow Yu translation. Not sure I agree with it.

Should i do this my first playthrough? Or do what I did for steins;gate and do it at my first ending.

If you got the time, do it your own way first and then use a guide. You should be able to speed through the dialogue the second time round too.

It's a pain in the ass skirting around the character when Atlus JP isn't, but if you guys don't want spoilers in here, then everyone should follow that rule, especially since it's in the title. Don't like it, leave or go to the irc.

Just thought I'd point out that the general PersonaGAF IRC is also spoiler-free now, there is a second channel #PSpoilers for discussing spoilers.

I haven't said anything to justify mentioning. I'm not sure who Inorigo is referring to.

I have a few ideas but nothing "super glaring and obvious"

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Woo, finished P3P.

Yeah, it definitely suffers presentation-wise, but I really feel that FeMC is the best way to experience the story. Just because Shinjiro is so dreamy. <3

It's easily one of the most disturbing/despair inducing games I have ever played. It's also an H-game, so you'll be forced to sit through dumb fanservice scenes at times. That said, both the story, music and characters are really excellent, and the overall mysteries are generally pretty enjoyable (you play as a homicide detective). But be warned, the gore is heavy, and emotional turmoil is even heavier. I really don't agree with Lulu's assertion. It's not like Persona at all... it's like the negative image of Persona. Whereas Persona is mostly a hopeful series, Kara no Shoujo is absolutely filled with despair. I could honestly handle the gore, but playing through Kara no Shoujo was like being tied down and mercilessly punched in the gut. Overall, i'd say it was it worth playing, but it's definitely not for everyone.

Tread lightly!

This pretty much sums up most of my thoughts. Enjoy people and make sure you play it at night, especially when someone gets murdered hehehe......

Hello.

Thanks Pepsi. Im glad to see his personality is still the same.

Tread lightly!

I have only
gotten to the part in which the murderer used a leg as a candle.
That right there wasn't too bad, but I get the feeling that this is going to get much, much worse. I will be careful LOL.

And yes I read the article on Siliconera too. I was surprised that they used the Jap version for the demo, maybe that's why there aren't any impressions on the web?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom