• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

cj_iwakura

This mad dash to protect people from the DLC character's identity seems kind of silly when there's threads with his name plastered all over them.

FluxWaveZ

We've agreed to not openly discuss spoilers for these subjects since we're a community thread, but being overzealous concerning these things outside of it can lead to what happened with that thread, where the title actually ended up being more harmful than good, not to mention that there were 1-2 previous threads with the character's name openly stated in Gaming before since it's openly stated in any other news outlet, including Atlus's.

Edit: Speaking of the character, I was kind of in the middle regarding whether or not they would be an antagonist before the trailer, but now I don't know what to think. It's interesting.

PK Gaming

This is the correct answer. It most likely has nothing to do with lack of a hypothetical moveset, they probably could figure it out if they wanted to.

Regarding Shadow Yu: It always annoyed me that they went with "Sister Complex" for Yu. Doesn't fit, to me. I mean, heck, he ate Nanako's science project. I know he's a player character, and therefore pretty free of flaws, but they could have at least gone with the whole P4A "I can't live alone" shadow. Heck, they could make him act like he's better than everyone else, that'd be pretty funny.
Mainly because he is better than everyone else at everything in the game.

That's more or less how he acts like

Shadow Yu said:
"Everyone is just baggage! People who just rely on others are just trash who can't do anything on their own!"

Shadow Yu said:
"I was just acting nice, and that changes easily...Bonds are just the fantasy of shallow friends, aren't they?"

Shadow Yu said:
"It'd be better if everyone was gone. I don't need anyone. Even from the beginning!"

Shadow Yu VS Yosuke said:
"Partner, partner, always repeating that same line. When the truth is, you're just a coward trying to cling to me."

kewlmyc

That's my thought, personally. That one thread title that DryEyeRelief linked is rather egregious, in my opinion.

To be fair, why the hell would you go into a thread that flat out tells you in the title that info on the CULPRIT is in the thread. That guy brought it on himself.

It's a pain in the ass skirting around the character when Atlus JP isn't, but if you guys don't want spoilers in here, then everyone should follow that rule, especially since it's in the title. Don't like it, leave or go to the irc.

However the post DryEyeRelief posted isn't a good example, that was stupidity on the poster's behalf. It's like me going into the GoT new book release thread and complaining about spoilers for stuff in the previous books.

FluxWaveZ

Well, this shows how long it's been since I've played the story mode of P4A.

Those are his win quotes from P4AU. Again, an actual "Shadow Yu" only has, like, two lines of dialogue in the game via Arcade Mode.
The ME never manifests himself as Yu's Shadow.

Tamanon

Banned
Honestly, anyone who goes into a thread with that title without knowing already wants to be spoiled. Only idiots would complain with that much obfuscation already.

Marche90

It's a pain in the ass skirting around the character when Atlus JP isn't, but if you guys don't want spoilers in here, then everyone should follow that rule, especially since it's in the title. Don't like it, leave or go to the irc.

Hi.

Not really spoiler:
Honestly, it's just a case of me being lazy and not checking the thread/not bothering to read and get up to day with it, but I do kinda dislike the spoiler rule

Man, I love the music in the DLC character's trailer, fits with him so well. Also ''NANAKOOOOOO''

I agree with the spoiler rule in this thread. I got really annoyed when I was spoiled a lot of info -P3 and P4 spoilers-
like Makoto and Shinji dying or Adachi being the culprit
just by looking at some PQ comments and I wouldn't want another new Persona fan getting spoiled like me in this thread, specially with PQ coming in a console with no previous Persona games.

kewlmyc

Hi.

Not really spoiler:
Honestly, it's just a case of me being lazy and not checking the thread/not bothering to read and get up to day with it, but I do kinda dislike the spoiler rule
Kinda harsh on my behalf, but that only applies if you're fully aware of the rule and ignore it anyway.

To play Devil's Advocate on that thread title, consider this. To the Persona newbie (or casual observer) the thread title doesn't specifically tell us the culprit's exact game. It could be interpreted as the fighting game's culprit. It could refer to the P4 villain. Heck, it could have even been seen as the P3 villain seeing as how Arena is a crossover game (however unlikely this scenario may seem :p). As someone who had little interest in the fighting game while playing the RPGs (and who hadn't been 100% hooked into the franchise as a whole), I probably would have clicked on that thread just to see how the fighting game looked -- especially because it's a proper trailer released by the devs. And that would've sucked. A simple [P4 Major Spoiler Warning] tag would have sufficed in the thread title, imo. However...

Hi.

Not really spoiler:

Outside of this thread, it's the Wild West. Nothing we can do about people accidentally spoiling themselves, it's out of our control. But in here? No. I'd really hate it if a new player were to wander in here with a minor question about the game(s) and had the story spoiled because some don't feel like using spoiler tags or adhering to the spoiler rules. We're doing this because it's the Persona Community Thread. Special rules for a special place. These rules were agreed upon a while ago and we even had a mod change the title for future games. I can't believe we're still trying to have this discussion. I'm sure the rules will change as more games come out and as more time passes, but for right now, this is the way it is. Rules are rules.

Ok, this is how I understand the reasoning behind the rules. If I am interpreting anything wrong, please feel free to correct me. Sorry for the rant. I hope this clears stuff up? :p

Mdesilva

Flux or anyone else, does Narukami have another new special?

http://youtu.be/HjZVWCQOPec?t=43s

Never saw that one in all the arcade matches that i watched.
That's his secret super. Apparently all characters have them but only a few of them are known (Yu, Aigis, Kanji) since they aren't listed in the game's command lists. They're really difficult to land and you need to have met specific conditions. For Aigis you need to have 0 bullets and be in Orgia, and you may need full meter too. Narukami just needs full meter but you need to do a specific set of commands that's kinda easy to drop and kinda hard to land.

I think that's all mostly right.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Please tell me why someone who just started P4G thought entering a thread about Persona 4 with the word culprit in the title expected something else.

Not saying its right or good, but still, some of this should be very obvious to avoid...

I don't know, but it was pretty fucking stupid of them to do that.

FluxWaveZ

That's his secret super. Apparently all characters have them but only a few of them are known (Yu, Aigis, Kanji) since they aren't listed in the game's command lists.

Only Yu and Aigis have one. They will most likely be listed in the game's command list as they are in the Mook. They're not really "secret" anymore.

Mdesilva

Only Yu and Aigis have one. They will most likely be listed in the game's command list as they are in the Mook. They're not really "secret" anymore.
What's the Mook?

And I swear I heard Kanji had one…

I also thought Narukami had two variants. Is that wrong? I may have YouTube links to them…

FluxWaveZ

What's the Mook?

The Mook is the official guide book for P4AU, released before update 1.10. Here is a post of the one I got.

There are always a lot of rumors and speculation when it comes to these things in fighting games that haven't been released or aren't accessible to a big portion of the audience. Kanji's "secret super" was one of them, and was actually just a bug they fixed which made his SB super command throw have 0 startup frames.

I also thought Narukami had two variants. Is that wrong? I may have YouTube links to them…

That's wrong. One can input the commands until it reaches that finisher move, but the super remains the same. One can choose to finish the super early if they wish. There might be leniency regarding the order of the inputs but, if there is, that changes practically nothing.

Mdesilva

Which super is Aigis's? The command grab? I've never seen that one in the match either way.

Also, did we ever find out why it's called Ultra Suplex Hold?

FluxWaveZ

Which super is Aigis's? The command grab? I've never seen that one in the match either way.

Also, did we ever find out why it's called Ultra Suplex Hold?

Command grab is one of her new supers.

The same reason the first game was called "The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena." Just a riff on crazy fighting/wrestling tournament names.

PK Gaming

What's the Mook?

Kanji's "hidden super" was a glitch involving his SB Burn to a Crisp! where you could make it deal damage as if it was the SB version, yet retain the speed of the regular version.

Kappa.png

That's Kappa

Mdesilva

Whee, avatar bet ended. Back to Persona things.

Reminder: never bet on Metroid if you don't want Oreimo as your avatar. >_>

Speaking of anime… I think I'm gonna finish P4tA next week before P4GA starts. I only got to episode 8 or 9 but I liked it. Idk if I'll order the second Blu-ray though.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening

Speaking of anime… I think I'm gonna finish P4tA next week before P4GA starts. I only got to episode 8 or 9 but I liked it. Idk if I'll order the second Blu-ray though.

can't wait either even though I don't like subs.

arue

I know I'm late, but I can't believe
Atlus really supports that Adachi-cabbage running joke.
I wonder if the other characters will laugh at that title. His trailer is awesome though.

That "NANAKOOO" was unexpected; can't wait for Yu's reaction when he encounters his shadow.

Squire

Banned

I have both BDs. Just wait and watch P4GA, dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom