• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just read the ending of PQ form the other thread. My comment on it (no actual spoilers but you might be able to infer it from here)
The game might as well not be canon with that ending.

PK Gaming

Some people like canon, others don't.

peopledie.jpg

Setsu00

Yeeeeah. The whole time travel and stuff premise for PQ is so contrived I think I'll end up treating it as non-canon anyway.

I'll go back to playing Raidou 1 (which I'm absolutely loving, btw) in a moment, but before I do that, let me tell you that the premise for Q isn't as contrived as it seems at the first glance. The Kirijo Group experimented with time travel, and this was explained already in Persona 3 (not sure if it was a FES addition or not, though).

Style

Banned
I'll go back to playing Raidou 1 (which I'm absolutely loving, btw) in a moment, but before I do that, let me tell you that the premise for Q isn't as contrived as it seems at the first glance. The Kirijo Group experimented with time travel, and this was explained already in Persona 3 (not sure if it was a FES addition or not, though).

Philemon also explains in Persona 2 that
the collective consciousness can alter time, which is what happens at the end of Innocent Sin.

atlusprime

Atlus PR

Setsu00

NIS America makes the European PQ release official:

Hello, doods!

We are happy to announce that we will be bringing Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth to Europe this year!

In addition to that, we are proud to announce that our official NISA Europe Online Store will be launching on July 1. This means that all our fans in Europe will now have the chance to preorder and purchase the same limited editions that are released in North America.

Upon launch, the following limited editions will be available with preorder details for our European customers: Disgaea 4: A Promise Revisited, Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair, Fairy Fencer F, as well as the Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth: The Wild Cards Premium Edition.

More details to come, dood!

Europe gets the premium edition as well!

Why is this even an issue?
Who cares whether or not this is canon?

A lot of the time its not even about canonicity of a new thing, its whether or not they decide to retcon something that has already happened.

That pisses a lot of people off (myself not included), and with this game being in a sort of mixed timeline, there is a higher chance than normal of this happening.

At least thats why I think people are worried about it anyway.

Levito

Banned
Canon is something I can take or leave, generally I just activate my nerd amnesia if something canonically gets on my nerves. Persona Q will likely come up with some cheap way of making it so issues like how do certain characters not recognize each other in Arena etc, but we'll see.

Lotta people are concerned with PQ being canon, and I guess I can see why, even if I don't really care myself. Though I wonder if SMT x FE will garner a similar reaction in time.

arue

Edit: Regarding PQ being canon, I'd hold my judgement untiI beat the game myself. Hopefully I won't get spoiled in the process.

Hey PersonaGAF, today is a good day! I've won a P4U print from E3 signed by Soejima!

Congrats! I'm so jelly :(

I really want to hear the final boss theme and ending theme.

Me too. I heard they made quite an effort into the ending song.

Anyways, my P4G keychains just arrived today! I bought Naoto and Nanako because they are my favorite characters. I'd buy the whole set, but I'm not that rich.

FluxWaveZ

You know, it's pretty incredible. The most popular Atlus JP videos on Youtube:
The Persona 5 preview trailer is the most viewed video on their channel by far (beating Dragon's Crown by more than 350k views), consisting of essentially zero game content—or anything substantial, really—and it's just been out there for 6 months now.

It seems that announcement trailers tend to get more views than subsequent ones relating to the same game, but I think it's an indication of how things might explode once we begin to actually see what the game is. Pretty exciting.

On the other hand, though...
This is Atlus USA's most popular videos on their Youtube channel. In a striking contrast, Persona 5 is nowhere near the top spot. Actually, it's at number 45 with 139k views. The Persona Q announcement trailer, released at the same time, has more views with 158k. I wonder if some of that is because of the PQ video's music not having VO over it compared to the JP one, but it's still a relatively large discrepancy.

I find it a bit sad and weird on one side, while being incredible and encouraging on the other.

DNAbro

You know, it's pretty incredible. The most popular Atlus JP videos on Youtube:

The Persona 5 preview trailer is the most viewed video on their channel by far (beating Dragon's Crown by more than 350k views), consisting of essentially zero game content—or anything substantial, really—and it's just been out there for 6 months now.

It seems that announcement trailers tend to get more views than subsequent ones relating to the same game, but I think it's an indication of how things might explode once we begin to actually see what the game is. Pretty exciting.

On the other hand, though...

This is Atlus USA's most popular videos on their Youtube channel. In a striking contrast, Persona 5 is nowhere near the top spot. Actually, it's at number 45 with 139k views. The Persona Q announcement trailer, released at the same time, has more views with 158k. I wonder if some of that is because of the PQ video's music not having VO over it compared to the JP one, but it's still a relatively large discrepancy.

I find it a bit sad and weird on one side, while being incredible and encouraging on the other.

I've watched the Persona 5 trailer way too many times, and almost always on the japanese atlus account. The american account put it up in Feb, and by that time most people had already had seen the trailer so that explains the discrepancy.

FluxWaveZ

I've watched the Persona 5 trailer way too many times, and almost always on the japanese atlus account. The american account put it up in Feb, and by that time most people had already had seen the trailer so that explains the discrepancy.

Between the PQ video's views and the P5 video's?

Oh wait, between the USA and JP account. I've mostly watched the teaser on Atlus JP's account myself, though, so you're probably right about that.

Soulflarz

Banned
Pretty much. Didnt even know both accounts had it up...

cj_iwakura

Hmm, i don't know. It's obvious more people are excited for P5, but there can be a ton of factors that are affecting the views.

There's nothing new about Atlus USA's upload of the P5 tease? And the P3P trailer was timed with the localization announcement, if memory serves.

Andrefpvs

Hey PersonaGAF, today is a good day! I've won a P4U print from E3 signed by Soejima!

John Hardin posted on the SMT subreddit with a sweepstake for that print.

You can watch a video where they draw my crappy username from a Teddie plushie.

Sorry if I'm being a bit obtuse, it's just that it's the first time that I win something like this on the internet!

PARABÉNS! :D

NIS America makes the European PQ release official:

Europe gets the premium edition as well!

This is the best news ever! I reallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreally wanted those Tarot cards!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom