• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a good order for P4A story modes or can I just go through however I feel.
To me it's: One of the P4 cast (preferably Yosuke), a P3 character (again preferably Aigis), Labrys, probably Yu, by this point Elizabeth should be unlocked (I Think) so then do hers. If it's not unlocked do another character of your choice. Someone correct me if this is wrong. Edit: forgot to mention to finish the cliffhangers.

Talking about the trailer interest and hype for the new games, I think for me, in terms of hype for the new games, it goes: 5, AU=Q, and DAN.
I couldn't decide between Ultimax and Q honestly, and as much as I am hyped for DAN, it's just not as much as the others. I want to get everything though.

5 >>>>>>>>>>>> P4U2>>>>>>>>>>>>>P4D>>PQ

Only interested in P4D to hear the remixes of some of the greatest ost's in gaming.

P4U2 for the story.

PQ dropped off the radar after I heard that ending lol. Might watch some youtube vids of it.

P5 is what I'm waiting for....after all its the reason why Persona is one of my favourite franchises in gaming (the mainline games).

Just got myself a 3DS, since the SMT4 and PQ EU announcements, I thought it was time.
Got myself a bunch of games with it too, the PS4 and Xbone being out just plummets the price of anything else at the moment.

Also my hype meter at the moment is Ultimax>Q>DAN>5, simply because of the marketing so far. If you'd have asked me in November it would have been 5>Ultimax>DAN>Q.

Atlus-senpai give me some DAN and 5 news so I can get HYPED!

MSMrRound

For me it's P4DAN>Persona Q>Persona 5>Ultimax.

This given that though I liked Arena, I'm by no means all that great at fighting games...so it was kind of a lower priority for me...that tease at the end of Nov 24 P4U trailer+playable Rise and Ken was pretty hype-inducing though.

I might be tempted to get it Day 1 now (to get my butt kicked again >.>)

Still learning the ropes, but let me know your PSN IDs so that I can join you guys for matches though.

PSN: MSMrRound.

P4DAN is top for me just for how ridiculous the concept seemed back then, and the trailer had me brawling in tears. Was too good. Eager to see how my favourite Naoto and Chie are going to get idolized.

I would say its surprising that so many people are hyped for P5, but its fucking P5!

Like I said, the only reason I'm less hyped than most is simply because since the November reveal, we've had literally nothing else!

Now is the time Atlus, PQ is out and Ultimax isnt far off, time to stoke up the Hype Train for P5 and DAN.
please

RedGraveXIII

Neo Member
Ultimax(for the story)=PQ(for the character interactions)>5>>P4D

Don't get me wrong, I'm very much looking forward to P5, but it's hard for me to get hyped over a game I know nothing about.
PQ and P4U on the other hand have had a constant stream of media which is why they're at the top of the list.
I know I'll be on the P5 hype train once some artwork gets released though lol

This order for me:
P5>PQ>=P4U>P4D.
I say >= because my hype levels for both are almost the same for both stories, but I put PQ over P4U since I'm not that great at fighting games LOL.

FluxWaveZ

I'm hoping that people who talk about how much P4U2 they'll be playing actually follow through with it.

I've put in hundreds of hours into the first game (350-400, by my estimation), I'm currently at more than 11,000 matches played online and I have a Platinum trophy for the game. I'll be sticking with P4AU for a long while.

I'll also strive to be far better than I was before, while being able to adapt to every character. Only 2 months left...

I have a feeling that his comment wasn't directed at you. :p

Uh... I'm not sure why that prevents me from replying to it?

kewlmyc

I'm hoping that people who talk about how much P4U2 they'll be playing actually follow through with it

I playing it mostly for the story, but I do own a stick, so I might as well try to get good at the fighting game portion of it. I had a decent Kanji.

Dantis

I've put in hundreds of hours into the first game (350-400, by my estimation), I'm currently at more than 11,000 matches played online and I have a Platinum trophy for the game. I'll be sticking with P4AU for a long while.

I'll also strive to be far better than I was before, while being able to adapt to every character. Only 2 months left...

I have a feeling that his comment wasn't directed at you. :p

I know you don't like P4U for the story portions, but how do you feel about the fighting portion. Are you into fighting games at all?

If I'm not mistaken he also makes the DOA community thread so he likes fighters, but if I'm also not mistaken he is not a fan of Arena's mechanics.

If I'm not mistaken he also makes the DOA community thread so he likes fighters, but if I'm also not mistaken he is not a fan of Arena's mechanics.
Yeah that's his thread. And man when we fight in that game I'm hella free lol. Its a combination of him being good and me being overall kinda crap at it, but I've been trying to put more time into it so maybe I can get better a little o/

The main reason it's only a little more time and not a lot is because other fighting games lol. Persona 4 Arena's always been a go-to for me since launch (I used to suck beyond comprehension before I played with the folks in IRC, now I'm actually decent at it), and since I imported Gundam Full Boost I've played a lot of lobbies in that. Those two fighters probably eat must of my time, but I still play a lot for fun.

That said, I really can't wait to test out Mirsuru's new tools in Ultimax. She got nerfed overall but I'm fine with most of it for sure. Her new options sound very fun to use (tentarafoo, Coup Droit through Bufula, and even her new autocombo looks like a good tool to use once in a while), and all the new characters look fun to some degree so even though I don't plan on subbing every one (I'm definitely subbing
Adachi
for sure, not sure on the other 6 new characters though), I'm very excited to test them all out. Man I just want Ultimax now lol

cj_iwakura

Someone's been busy.

26bJJRM.jpg

Core SMT & Raidou spoilers mostly.

FluxWaveZ

I'm not quite sure what this is about, but there's going to be some kind of Persona 4 anime broadcast on June 27, featuring Daisuke Namikawa (Yu VA) and Showtaro Morikubo (Yosuke VA), among others.
A bunch of tweets about it are going out from the P4 Animation Twitter account. Just guessing from some of what I've seen, it looks like it may be some kind of recap for the first anime series?

Whatever it is, hope to see more of this stuff:

There's also this thing about some kind of P4GA event on July 5.

Is there a good order for P4A story modes or can I just go through however I feel.

1. Chie (Cliffhanger)
2. Teddie (Cliffhanger)
3. Naoto (Cliffhanger)
4. Mitsuru (Cliffhanger)
5. Labrys
6. Yosuke
7. Aigis
8. Elizabeth
9. Yu
10. Akihiko

EDIT: After that I guess you can backtrack and finish the episodes that were left on cliffhanger, if you don't feel like it's too repetitive.
Oh yeah and when doing Chie's story make sure you get the genuine cliffhanger and not the joke ending or else it won't count towards unlocking the others.

pan-hime

I'm not quite sure what this is about, but there's going to be some kind of Persona 4 anime broadcast on June 27, featuring Daisuke Namikawa (Yu VA) and Showtaro Morikubo (Yosuke VA), among others.

A bunch of tweets about it are going out from the P4 Animation Twitter account. Just guessing from some of what I've seen, it looks like it may be some kind of recap for the first anime series?

1. a Midnight Channel LIVE with Yu and Yosuke's actors (new) at the 27th, 11am EDT (region-locked, durrrr)
  2. Watch the P4 animation on nico live: episodes 1-12 on the 27th, 6am EDT, 13-25 on the 28th, 6am EDT
  3. Catch the True End episode on TV
  4. Watch The Factor of Hope at someplace or on nico live July 5th, 8am EDT
  5. Watch the premiere of the Golden animation at somewhere
yeah, a recap.

Kssio_Aug

Try to space out your dungeons if it's your first play-through, if you do it on rainy days you can increase the chance of golden hands appearing. The game is kinda designed to make you go during rainy days anyways.

Oh, ok, I didnt know about that!! Thanks for the tip!
But is there any tip for killing those hands btw? Because I was able to kill some, but usually they all escape before I can defeat them! I heart that Revolution skill of Chie helps a lot, but I still dont have it.

Tamanon

Banned
Oh, ok, I didnt know about that!! Thanks for the tip!
But is there any tip for killing those hands btw? Because I was able to kill some, but usually they all escape before I can defeat them! I heart that Revolution skill of Chie helps a lot, but I still dont have it.

Getting lucky, or I've found some are able to be hit with status effects like rage or panic.

PK Gaming

Uh wow, that image... Something tells me they're going to talk at length about how great Yu is at cross dressing as a sukeban.

Hey folks, TrueSelf just rolled out the new layout for the podcast's website. Let us know what you think, he put a ton of work into it!

Episode 37 with Erin will be up later today too!

That fast? You guys are the best.

Squire

Banned
I'm excited for P5, but right now I think it's more the idea of the game - the potential and pedigree of the devs - than the game itself. I think that's an important distinction to make.

Hope you're better at Arena than you are at DOA5 then!

#TALKIN'THATSMACK

Haha, have you played you at DOA5? Online in that game is the worst. Such a disappointment.

Kssio_Aug

Getting lucky, or I've found some are able to be hit with status effects like rage or panic.

Well, I got the Revolution skill of Chie and now things are much easier there!! I was able to defeat most hands that I encountered at my last dungeon run while reaching Momentary Child. =)

Edit:
Do you gaffers think theres a big chance of Persona 5 being ported to PS4 or PS Vita after the PS3 Release? What about Arena?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom