• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talking about the trailer interest and hype for the new games, I think for me, in terms of hype for the new games, it goes: 5, AU=Q, and DAN.
I couldn't decide between Ultimax and Q honestly, and as much as I am hyped for DAN, it's just not as much as the others. I want to get everything though.

hao chi

Talking about the trailer interest and hype for the new games, I think for me, in terms of hype for the new games, it goes: 5, AU=Q, and DAN.
I couldn't decide between Ultimax and Q honestly, and as much as I am hyped for DAN, it's just not as much as the others. I want to get everything though.

For me, my hype is: Ultimax >>> P5 > PQ >>> DAN

I can't believe I'm saying this after P4A, but I think for Ultimax, I'm more excited for the story than the new gameplay. I'm really interested in how P3 will get wrapped up.

Kssio_Aug

Im having a blast with Persona 4 Golden... I really hope that Atlus release Persona 5 to PS4 or PS Vita, it will be so sad if they dont! T-T

Acid08

Banned
5>D>Q>>>>U for me.

Q>Ultimax>>>5>>>>>>>>>DAN

Q is the game that made the Persona series one of my favorites, and I will support it everytime I can and play the hell out of it. Arena is really fun to play and even my friends who dislike Japanese videogames really love to play it with me, and so I'm looking forward to Ultimax, its new characters and the end of the P3 story. Since I'm still kinda new to the P3 and P4 world, I'm not that excited to let it go yet for 5, but I have a PS3 so yay. And DAN, huh, well I really dislike Rise's outfit and I don't have a Vita so I don't care for it.

I can't believe I'm saying this after P4A, but I think for Ultimax, I'm more excited for the story than the new gameplay. I'm really interested in how P3 will get wrapped up.

Oh yeah me too. The story is like 75% of what's fueling my hype.

5>D>Q>>>>U for me.
I'm at almost at equal hype for everything, but Ultimax just looks too good to be last for me.

Q>Ultimax>>>5>>>>>>>>>DAN

Q is the game that made the Persona series one of my favorites, and I will support it everytime I can and play the hell out of it. Arena is really fun to play and even my friends who dislike Japanese videogames really love to play it with me, and so I'm looking forward to Ultimax, its new characters and the end of the P3 story. Since I'm still kinda new to the P3 and P4 world, I'm not that excited to let it go yet for 5, but I have a PS3 so yay. And DAN, huh, well I really dislike Rise's outfit and I don't have a Vita so I don't care for it.

Yeah, really looking foward to Q. The only reason 5 is up top is because, it's FREAKING PERSONA 5 lol

SEGIII

Neo Member
Hey.
I'm totally new to the Persona series and decided to start with Persona 3: FES (Since it was on sale for $4) on PSN. However, I've heard that Persona 4 is vastly superior.

Is it better to start with P4 (The original PS2 version)?

hao chi

Hey.
I'm totally new to the Persona series and decided to start with Persona 3: FES (Since it was on sale for $4) on PSN. However, I've heard that Persona 4 is vastly superior.

I and most other people I've asked prefer P3 over P4.

Hey.

Personal choice honestly, I like 3 better than 4,but 4 has better mechanics.
I would suggest 3 first, since it's harder to play after 4, but it's really up to you.
Also Welcome! Now that you're here, you can never leave.

Hey.

You should play P3 first and then P4. P4 is indded superior in a lot of aspects, and that's why you need to play it after P3.

Slixshot

Banned
Anyone know of a definitive Platinum Guide for Persona 4 Golden? I'm going to Las Vegas tomorrow which is a 6 hour flight... might as well get started on the platinum run on the way there!

The point is for it to welcome newcomers and quickly give them the information they need to start playing a Persona game exactly like the quick AA guide does, not to overwhelm them with information that will confuse them more than help.

This is the one 4chan made

BXS4gtx.png

Everyone putting Ultimax makes me sad, but I know not everyone likes fighting games. I'm probably more hyped for it than Q since Ultimax has a closer release date.

PK Gaming

So I just finished JoJo: Part IV

tumblr_myfeyqefq71spdy36o1_250.gif

I really can't put into words how much I loved part IV, so i'll just say this:

Crazy Diamond is Unbreakable

tumblr_mmpwludobS1r2umvdo1_500.gif

Probably Ultimax > PQ > PDAN >= P5?

We know nothing about P5, slightly more about Persona DAN, and actually know stuff about Ultimax and PQ

I'm just hoping money situations will allow me to get Ultimax day 1, I gotta body y'all with Risette.

Squire

Banned
5 is almost at bottom for me because that game is non existent to me at this time, Atlus pls.

Real talk: Im excited for Ultimax. It's a video game I've seen that's actually releasing.

PQ just isn't my flavor, but for the other two, it's difficult to really get excited for games I've seen very little of or not at all.

Edit: What Smed said. Including the money thing. >_>

kewlmyc

P5>P4AU>Persona 3 Movies>PQ>Persona 4 Golden Anime>>>>>>P4DAN :p

I'll get P4DAN, but it's not something I'll say I'm excited/hyped for.

True, we know nothing about P5 at this point, but I think is fair to be really hyped for a long awaited sequel to a series I love coming out next year by a team I have faith will do a good job. It's like how people are hyped for Star Wars VII.

Levito

Banned
Second talk with Erin was pretty fucking fantastic. She goes into big detail as to why Chie is important to her, gives a story on how hard it was to be the infected in The Last Of Us, and makes Pan almost die by doing Ed, Edd and Eddy voices.

Squire

Banned
Second talk with Erin was pretty fucking fantastic. She goes into big detail as to why Chie is important to her, gives a story on how hard it was to be the infected in The Last Of Us, and makes Pan almost die by doing Ed, Edd and Eddy voices.

Yesssss. Bring it.

Kssio_Aug

Im not sure if I still did not get the key of it, but every new dungeon for me at Persona 4 Golden (Normal difficulty) is a damn challenge for me. Im at
Marukyu Striptease
and having a hard time at the 10th floor trying to level up my characters before facing the boss at the next floor. Any general tip to level up or something?

I rarely can beat one rare hand when I find them, and Im sure Im spending more then the usual time on dungeons and still being beaten at them. Im 33 hours in, and still on that dungeon. Im loving the game, but I really feel that I may be doing something wrong!

Velcro Fly

I'm hyped for 5 but I know it's a long way off. I'm still playing through Golden for the first time (played P4 years ago). Recently got a PS3 so suddenly the fighting games are there too. I have the premium edition of Q preordered already but I feel like I'll want to mess around with the fighting games first.

Hype talk? For me,Ultimax >>> 5=Q >>>>>> DAN. Oh man Ultimax tho... Hook it up to my veins pls now
So I just finished JoJo: Part IV

tumblr_myfeyqefq71spdy36o1_250.gif

I really can't put into words how much I loved part IV, so i'll just say this:

Crazy Diamond is Unbreakable

tumblr_mmpwludobS1r2umvdo1_500.gif
My man
Sounds like it'll be a fun listen for sure

kewlmyc

Awesome, can't wait.

Acid08

Banned
Everyone putting Ultimax makes me sad, but I know not everyone likes fighting games. I'm probably more hyped for it than Q since Ultimax has a closer release date.
I love fighting games, but ArcSys games have never been my favorites and I wasn't huge on the first P4A. Will be playing almost exclusively for the story(though I don't have super high expectations after P4A) and maybe some online if I actually find a new fighter I really like(fingers crossed Yukari is super fun).

I'm excited to body all you scrubs puttin' Ultimax in third place.
Fourth place*

Alright, I've decided to start another save file of Persona 4: Golden in the morning.
Not like I haven't already put about a thousand hours combined into both versions of Persona 4.
After every 5 hours of play, I'm going to write my impressions since that seems to be the popular thing to do around here~

I should also learn how to take screenshots with my Vita to further spruce up my impressions. I'll be sure to spoiler all the spoileriffic events such as
anything regarding Adachi, Namatame, and Mitsuo, along with pivotal moments in the story such as Nanako's kidnapping and hospital stay.

Kssio_Aug

Just did it, I was just able to finish the
Marukyu Striptease
dungeon. Till now I was able to finish all the dungeons in 1 day, maybe thats why Im finding them so challengening and time consuming? (not saying its my 1st persona game too)

I start quite well, but at the end of each dungeon Im kind exausted and having quite of a trouble. I mean, I can deal with enemies just fine (didnt die once at the last dungeon) but the bosses are always troublesome, and I think I take too much time doing each dungeon. Im 34 hours in, and just finished my 3rd dungeon! Playing on normal by the way!

Xenoflare

Just did it, I was just able to finish the
Marukyu Striptease
dungeon. Till now I was able to finish all the dungeons in 1 day, maybe thats why Im finding them so challengening and time consuming? (not saying its my 1st persona game too)

I start quite well, but at the end of each dungeon Im kind exausted and having quite of a trouble. I mean, I can deal with enemies just fine (didnt die once at the last dungeon) but the bosses are always troublesome, and I think I take too much time doing each dungeon. Im 34 hours in, and just finished my 3rd dungeon! Playing on normal by the way!

Try to space out your dungeons if it's your first play-through, if you do it on rainy days you can increase the chance of golden hands appearing. The game is kinda designed to make you go during rainy days anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom