• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

Haha.

Dantis is right, though - you're not exactly the type to have problems committing to things that require effort.

Heh, well I dunno about that when it comes to life in general, unfortunately...

I tend to be very obsessive about a few things, though. Persona is one of them, and if even P4D has a NeoGAF leaderboard or something like that, I'll make sure to top it.

FluxWaveZ

The wouldn't count on it, at least natively. Since Atlus seems to like releasing their games digitally, I expect P5 will end up on PS Now, so you'd be able to play it on all your PS devices.

There most likely will not be another P5 release alongside the PS3 version, but there should be practically no doubt that they will release an enhanced version of P5 at some point after its release. Whether it's a PS3, PS4 or Vita game is the question.

Sophia

There most likely will not be another P5 release alongside the PS3 version, but there should be practically no doubt that they will release an enhanced version of P5 at some point after its release. Whether it's a PS3, PS4 or Vita game is the question.

It's safe to assume we'll get an updated version for the PS4 or Vita later down the line.

Dantis

I know you don't like P4U for the story portions, but how do you feel about the fighting portion. Are you into fighting games at all?

I like fighting games in general, but Arena never clicked with me. There was a short period about our months ago when I went back and played it a bit and started to enjoy it. I put it down for two weeks, picked it back up again and what back to disliking it. No idea what changed, haha!

I had the urge to draw Raidou after playing the first two episodes of the first game, so here you go. The Devil Summoner games are connected to Persona, so posting this won't kill me, right?

Did you draw this? It's really excellent!

They can take as long as they want, I expect EO to sell even better because of PQ.

EO will maybe sell better than previously, but I think PQ will always sell more. I'll be interested to see what they do with EO as a franchise now.

Haha, have you played you at DOA5? Online in that game is the worst. Such a disappointment.

Yes mate. We played about five games and I smashed you up like Darmanitan. Firey punched your bloody lights out.

Noooo. I actually don't regret buying it at all. Got SMT4, Soul Hackers, DeSu OC, Pokemon X, Mario Kart and two Etrian Odyssey games with it. I can't really complain.

Hope you're better at Arena than you are at DOA5 then!

#TALKIN'THATSMACK

That's very solid line up of games. I've been meaning to purchase Soul hackers and Etrian odyssey. Ill do so when i finish p3. Do you still play DOA5 Dantis? Ive been meaning to get back into that game.

Hey folks, TrueSelf just rolled out the new layout for the podcast's website. Let us know what you think, he put a ton of work into it!

Episode 37 with Erin will be up later today too!

Here's that podcast thing again:

(Click image for episode link)

Twas a grand ole time this one was.

That new website is sweeeeeeet guys. Reminds me of Persona 5, even though we haven't seen anything of it yet. :)

Trueself im coming to you when i want a website built. :p

I really love the way you guys are continuously expanding the SlinkFm project.

I'll give the latest ep a listen to tomorrow morning.

Great job

Here's that podcast thing again:

(Click image for episode link)

Twas a grand ole time this one was.

Amazing episode, guys. It's always awesome to see Erin being so passionate about voicing Chie. Also, I will never get tired of pan's laugh.

Keep up the good job, guys :D

Sophia

Original DOA5 had some pretty awful netcode. Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate's code was pretty good however.

Not much compares to how rock solid the netcode is in Persona 4 Arena. When I can play Japanese players and there being an ocean and an entire country between us, you know it's good.

Squire

Banned
Original DOA5 had some pretty awful netcode. Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate's code was pretty good however.

Not much compares to how rock solid the netcode is in Persona 4 Arena. When I can play Japanese players and there being an ocean and an entire country between us, you know it's good.

That's kinda the thing. It's better, sure. Still nowhere near good enough to play regularly and comfortably and keep the online community afloat.

Rhapsody

Banned
I still find ArcSys netcode ok. Better than others but not great. Playing Japanese players is fine since their UL speed is much better than ours.
Playing people on GAF varies depending on if they're wired or what their speed is.

Netcode isn't going to help fix bad internet speeds in the west, but I hope ASW doesn't get too comfortable and settle with this netcode when they can try to improve it even more.

I'd rather they go with a GGPO route (correctly) but I know they won't. Skullgirls and Vampire Savior have way way better netcode than any ASW game.

P4A and BB doesn't feel too bad with the leniency in buffer, but there's still a lot of dumb stuff netplayers can get away.

Squire

Banned
ArcSys' is literally the best, though.

Namco and Capcom are running circles around TN too, though.

I love DOA5 and it's a good game, but they're behind in a number of ways. Too much effort (heh, "effort") is put into implementing cheese cake and milking the small, perverted dedicated fanbase that'll shell out for it.

That's a little harsh, but I'm being somewhat tongue-in-cheek. I buy costumes, myself, but I would give up a few to see them develop other avenues.

Sophia

Namco and Capcom are running circles around TN too, though.

I love DOA5 and it's a good game, but they're behind in a number of ways. Too much effort (heh, "effort") is put into implementing cheese cake and milking the small, perverted dedicated fanbase that'll shell out for it.

That's a little harsh, but I'm being somewhat tongue-in-cheek. I buy costumes, myself, but I would give up a few to see them develop other avenues.

I really doubt the part of the team that is making them a decent amount of money off fanservcy outfits is also working on the netcode. :p

Squire

Banned
I really doubt the part of the team that is making them a decent amount of money off fanservcy outfits is also working on the netcode. :p

No, of course not. (And the team that's doing the DLC doesn't seem to be doing much of anything, actually.)

I'm saying there's very obviously a finite budget with DOA5 and those constraints continue with Core Fighters as an ongoing service. Online doesn't seen to be getting a huge share of that, though I respect the few times they've tried to patch the netcode.

Sophia

It may just be me but it seems like a lot of Japanese devs have problems with netcode.

Does Capcpom do it well?

Generally, I haven't had too many bad experiences with Capcom's netcode myself. Vanilla MvC3 was pretty awful tho.

And I suspect they have problems with it because they live in a place where everyone has fantastic connections on average. That, and netplay not being as highly valued. It probably wasn't very important until recent.

Rhapsody

Banned
It may just be me but it seems like a lot of Japanese devs have problems with netcode.

Does Capcpom do it well?

Not really (although my USF4 netplay matches have been better than BB/P4A at times). But the Capcom ports ran by Iron Galaxy have good netcode. SF4 gets a pass for being an old HD fighter, and you can't really successfully patch netcode to an amazing state if the foundation wasn't great in the first place. Marvel's just bad.

Their netcode is decent though. It's just very dependent on wired and internet speeds like ASW games.

Caladrius

Generally, I haven't had too many bad experiences with Capcom's netcode myself. Vanilla MvC3 was pretty awful tho.

And I suspect they have problems with it because they live in a place where everyone has fantastic connections on average. That, and netplay not being as highly valued. It probably wasn't very important until recent.

Not really (although my USF4 netplay matches have been better than BB/P4A at times). But the Capcom ports ran by Iron Galaxy have good netcode. SF4 gets a pass for being an old HD fighter, and you can't really successfully patch netcode to an amazing state if the foundation wasn't great in the first place. Marvel's just bad.

Their netcode is decent though. It's just very dependent on wired and internet speeds like ASW games.

About what I expected. I wonder when the big breakout for Japanese online w-

Arcades actually exist in Japan and people actually go there to play.

Oh wait right.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Edit it was forbidden.

ASZ6yfj.jpg

Here.

Hotlinking is bad, mmmkay.

kewlmyc

I wonder how good the netcode of Guilty Gear will be? I doubt it, but will the jump to 3D graphics affect the netcode. It'll be a lot more data being transferred.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
It's an unwritten internet rule. Not a forum rule.

You really should upload a photo to an image hosting site if you want to show something, because most big sites don't allow it or if it is a smaller site it will destroy their bandwidth.

Yeah I don't know why I didn't think of that. I do have an Imgur account.

Rhapsody

Banned
About what I expected. I wonder when the big breakout for Japanese online w-
Capcom might since they're thinking more about people living outside of Japan (and even experimented with rollback netcode themselves). Most Japanese devs just test stuff within their country so I have little hope in it changing and still being speed dependent.

Lemstar

I wonder how good the netcode of Guilty Gear will be? I doubt it, but will the jump to 3D graphics affect the netcode. It'll be a lot more data being transferred.
I don't think that'll be the case, actually - it seems more plausible that the only information being passed between the players are inputs, with the game state calculated on the client side using them.

Rollback netcode does require a ton of processing power for calculating and retaining multiple game states, though, from the little I know about it. If anything, that's what might be impaired by a prettier-looking game, although we don't even know if Xrd is going to be coded that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom