• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Di8PPJl.png

Setsu00

So I gotta ask, is the p3mc's name Makoto or Minato now due to PQ. Or has it not been finalized yet even?

I've been calling him Makoto now since the movie since it doesn't feel as much of a joke name compared to Minato Arisato. Been bugging at the back of my mind lately.

P3MC has no canon name so far. PQ forces you to name both protagonists during its opening sequence and there are no preset options.

NichM

Banned
P3MC has no canon name so far. PQ forces you to name both protagonists during its opening sequence and there are no preset options.

There actually are! If you don't enter in a name and just hit "start," it will assign the MC you are currently naming a randomized Japanese name.

Here's the joke: "Yu," "Narukami," "Minato," "Arisato," "Makoto," "Souji," and "Seta" are not present in the pool of names that the random selection draws from.

Setsu00

There actually are! If you don't enter in a name and just hit "start," it will assign the MC you are currently naming a randomized Japanese name.

Here's the joke: "Yu," "Narukami," "Minato," "Arisato," "Makoto," "Souji," and "Seta" are not present in the pool of names that the random selection draws from.

Ah, that's actually rather cool!

PK Gaming

LOL

Guess Who

Banned

I hope you localize the random names with ridiculous out-of-place western ones. I want my party to consist of characters like Yukiko, Mitsuru, Naoto, Akihiko, and the legendary Bobby McPherson.

HAHA oh wow that's good. I swear if Kenpachi Ramasama is somehow in there, Q will be the greatest game ever.

So I guess Famitsu leaks are hitting the web already, and seemingly no Dancing All Night.

Why, Atlus. Why.

iirc, Dingo leave it quite late to start releasing content. If it's the same with P4D I don't know, but it sure is looking that way.

Didn't PQ get like six months? We'd definitely seen more of both PQ and P4U at this stage respective to their release.

PQ is developed in house by Atlus so we were always going to see more of that game than something like P4D.

Dantis

That's pretty funny!

iirc, Dingo leave it quite late to start releasing content. If it's the same with P4D I don't know, but it sure is looking that way.

PQ is developed in house by Atlus so we were always going to see more of that game than something like P4D.

Honestly, I don't think that the fact that it's developed in-house should make a difference. Atlus will still be handling all the PR and promotion for it. They'll be choosing what gets shown and when.

Honestly, I don't think that the fact that it's developed in-house should make a difference. Atlus will still be handling all the PR and promotion for it. They'll be choosing what gets shown and when.

But if it's in house they can push for material easily and be a lot more selective with what is shown and when, while with P4D they have to wait for Dingo to produce content for their marketing team to then use.

Sophia

That reminds me of the "Don't care" option in Earthbound.... >_>;

arue

Heh that's smart.

Hah, that's great

kewlmyc

That's pretty cool. I like it.

That is the greatest thing I've ever heard.

Is the the traditional japanese name 'Charlie' in that list though?

Dantis

So I've finally started doing a new banner for OT6. Really hope I have enough time to get it finished and polished before this thread ends.

I think the modern Japanese name 'Dantis' should be included, personally.

Self aware Atlus is the best Atlus LOL!

Although I'm not a big fan of Kotaku just like most of you, they posted an import review on PQ. It made my hype intensify even more. Saying that it's my most anticipated RPG this year is an understatement.

As an aside, Lelouch (I believe it was you), your Kara no Shojo recommendation... I have hit so many bad endings it's not even funny. Loving the heck out of it though, I'm now following a guide to get the True Ending. It kinda does remind you of the mysteries happening in Inaba, that 'whodunit'... Pretty good stuff, if you have a good stomach for all the gruesome bits LOL.

Although I'm not a big fan of Kotaku just like most of you, they posted an import review on PQ. It made my hype intensify even more. Saying that it's my most anticipated RPG this year is an understatement.

As an aside, Lelouch (I believe it was you), your Kara no Shojo recommendation... I have hit so many bad endings it's not even funny. Loving the heck out of it though, I'm now following a guide to get the True Ending. It kinda does remind you of the mysteries happening in Inaba, that 'whodunit'... Pretty good stuff, if you have a good stomach for all the gruesome bits LOL.

Ha, i always got the bad ending, even with a bloody guide. I suck. :p

I dont see how anyone could get the true ending without a guide. Its that difficult.

The game is brilliant though, especially for its character development and dark moments.

When you're done, check out Higurashi. It also has some similar elements to P4 (City boy moves to the countryside, makes a group friends, unexplained murders etc). Im not to fond of its artstyle as its a bit cutesy, but it is extremely dark and brutal, and full of mystery. I only saw the anime, but i hear that game is a million times better. The killing in this show is more fucked up than Kara No Shojo.

kewlmyc

Ha, i always got the bad ending, even with a bloody guide. I suck. :p

I dont see how anyone could get the true ending without a guide. Its that difficult.

The game is brilliant though, especially for its character development and dark moments.

When you're done, check out Higurashi. It also has some similar elements to P4 (City boy moves to the countryside, makes a group friends, unexplained murders etc). Im not to fond of its artstyle as its a bit cutesy, but it is extremely dark and brutal, and full of mystery. I only saw the anime, but i hear that game is a million times better. The killing in this show is more fucked up than Kara No Shojo.
There's a mod/patch that rips the PS2 sprites (which are way better) and puts them in the original PC release. It's how I played it. I recommend it if you can find it.

Levito

Banned
The silence around Dancing All Night is a lot more puzzling than P5. Didn't they delay the game just to add more songs?

Either way, I'm still banking it'll be out later this year.

There's a mod/patch that rips the PS2 sprites (which are way better) and puts them in the original PC release. It's how I played it. I recommend it if you can find it.

Thanks man, I'll definelty look into it. I've been meaning to try it for a while now.

Looking back on it kewlmyc, we all thought the persona cast had deep emotional issues, the Higusashi cast have severe issues x 1000. From what i remember, the two green hair girls are bloody psychos.

FluxWaveZ

Thought they mentioned Dancing All Night was near completion earlier this year, but they were holding off on a release to add more songs.

No, that's not it. A game will typically reach alpha (or pre-alpha) a year before its release. Then, it basically comes down to feature implementation and polish, which is what they were talking about. It wouldn't have been in a state to be released, even when they gave the interview which stated:
Persona Q is now in the playtesting phase. Development of P4U2 is undergoing very smoothly. For P4D, the basics (probably game mechanics) of the game are mostly done and now they’re getting ready to start working on the dances and event scenes.
As indicated, PQ and probably P4AU were further into development than P4D, which is why they're releasing at the time they are. Not to mention that P4D takes place after P4AU, so it would make sense for it to be released after that game in order to maintain the timeline in terms of releases.

Thought they mentioned Dancing All Night was near completion earlier this year, but they were holding off on a release to add more songs.

I think that was just speculation on English boards, from what I understand the game wasn't as near completion as everyone assumed.

Dingo are just about to release a Love Live rhythm game for vita in August. I expect we'll here updates from them after that. Hopefully some update from Atlus before hand though.

That's pretty funny how those names aren't in there.

Damn, beat me to the joke.

Include Charlie Tunoku for the localization pls based Nich ;~;

I think the modern Japanese name 'Dantis' should be included, personally.

Ha ha ha

MSMrRound

The silence around Dancing All Night is a lot more puzzling than P5. Didn't they delay the game just to add more songs?

Wouldn't be surprise if it's due to matters on Dingo Inc's end though. They are already way behind on the Love Live! School Idol Paradise series (which have three separate volumes being the school idol group's subgroups Printemps, Lily White and BiBi.).

At least Persona 4 Dancing's graphics look way better than the Love Live music games...

Levito

Banned
I think that was just speculation on English boards, from what I understand the game wasn't as near completion as everyone assumed.

That's probably what I'm thinking of, too bad it's probably still so far out.

Actually finally pre-order Utlimax, Amazon.ca doesn't mention the bop bag or tarot cards.

Will give it a shot as soon as I'm done with this one. I may have watched the anime, not sure (too many cutesy turns psycho shows out there). I'm actually quite enjoying reading a VN, before heading to bed I read a little bit. Not too bad.

Squire

Banned

Either way, I'm still banking it'll be out later this year.

It was never delayed, they just said the design stuff was done and they were adding songs.

Which is good. We don't need phoned-in dance mixes.

Levito

Banned
Still nuts that there's potentially four Persona games coming out in one year.

It was never delayed, they just said the design stuff was done and they were adding songs.

Which is good. We don't need phoned-in dance mixes.

Wasn't insinuating that anything was phoned in.

OMG, just hearing the social link fm with Erin right now and i didnt know that the sorceress in the game was voiced by Erin! Now is even better that I decided to name my sorceress Chie lol
Also, just last week I unlocked her voice as the narrator, and I have to say I loved that unlockable in Dragon's Crown, it's amazing they did one for each character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom