• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

PK Gaming

Someone made a post the other day (I think) that had me thinking- who in Persona would be likely to play video games?

I think Naoto could be a big nerd, though she does have a job, and she's probably into books more than anything.

Yosuke and Narukami definitely play games. Yosuke just seems like the type, and judging by his room in Arena, I can see it. Narukami has posters of P3 and Catherine, and while those are obviously Easter Eggs, I think it's part of his character too.

In P3, we know Junpei and Makoto play from the IS: Online S.Link. Fuuka maybe, as well? She's into computers and all, right?

Just thought this could be a fun and stupid discussion :p

On the P3 side:

Makoto: Of course. I mean if you disregard the fact that he's a player avatar, he's a textbook hikikomori. Plus, there's also that Maya social link, where he spends an entire day playing an MMORPG.

Yukari:
1526949_10202867802685430_908269703_n.jpg

(No)

Junpei: For sure

Akihiko: Ahahahahaha

Mitsuru: Definitely not

Fuuka:

Ken: Probably. He's probably the type of kid that plays rated M games for MATURE

Koro: Arf! (No)

Aigis: I honestly don't know. Maybe Junpei showed her a game once or twice, but I don't see her going out of her way to game unless the circumstances called for it.

Shinjiro: Doubt it

===========

On the P4 side:

Yu: There's no way of knowing for sure, considering his status as a player surrogate in P4. That said, his room is filled with books, and there isn't a computer or a game console in sight. He honestly doesn't seem like the type who would sit down and play video games.

Yosuke:

Chie: God no

Yukiko: Nah

Kanji: Maybe? I don't see it, personally

Rise: No way

Teddie: Probably games with Yosuke on occasion

Naoto: Ain't got time for that shit. Too busy reading her detective novels and robot erotica

kewlmyc

===========

On the P4 side:

Yu: There's no way of knowing for sure, considering his status as a player surrogate in P4. That said, his room is filled with books, and there isn't a computer or a game console in sight. He honestly doesn't seem like the type who would sit down and play video games.

Yosuke:

Chie: God no

Yukiko: Nah

Kanji: Maybe? I don't see it, personally

Rise: No way

Teddie: Probably games with Yosuke on occasion

Naoto: Ain't got time for that shit. Too busy reading her detective novels and robot erotica

I don't know, I could see the entire P4 gang sans maybe Naoto going to the local arcade and have a great time.

That or playing on their smartphones, since everyone does that nowadays.

Nimby

Banned
Someone made a post the other day (I think) that had me thinking- who in Persona would be likely to play video games?

I think Naoto could be a big nerd, though she does have a job, and she's probably into books more than anything.

Yosuke and Narukami definitely play games. Yosuke just seems like the type, and judging by his room in Arena, I can see it. Narukami has posters of P3 and Catherine, and while those are obviously Easter Eggs, I think it's part of his character too.

In P3, we know Junpei and Makoto play from the IS: Online S.Link. Fuuka maybe, as well? She's into computers and all, right?

Just thought this could be a fun and stupid discussion :p

These three.

p4psp.jpg

Yu, Yosuke, Teddie probably play games. Kanji I think would with friends but not on his own.
Despite Erin Fitzgerald saying to the contrary, I can imagine Chie playing fighting games in order to learn new moves.
Yukiko and Rise I can imagine being DDR players, just look at their steps in the Golden opening, thats DDR!
Naoto is pure Light-gun Shooter and nothing else!

So I gotta ask, is the p3mc's name Makoto or Minato now due to PQ. Or has it not been finalized yet even?

I've been calling him Makoto now since the movie since it doesn't feel as much of a joke name compared to Minato Arisato. Been bugging at the back of my mind lately.

Dantis

Wait until Ultimax and Q are released, then you'll see P4 Dance and 5.

We will see Dancing All Night before Ultimax releases, unless Atlus are only planning to promote it for like two months and then release.

Fall can mean November. They wouldn't give more promotion time to P4D than they have PQ or P4AU.

Didn't PQ get like six months? We'd definitely seen more of both PQ and P4U at this stage respective to their release.

EDIT: *faints*

DNAbro

We will see Dancing All Night before Ultimax releases, unless Atlus are only planning to promote it for like two months and then release.

Didn't PQ get like six months? We'd definitely seen more of both PQ and P4U at this stage respective to their release.

EDIT: *faints*

I love Persona but I have to say that is one of the most ugliest special editions for the 3DS i have seen.

FluxWaveZ

Start date for active promotion* of PQ: December 20, 2013
Time until launch: 167 days

Start date for active promotion of P4AU: April 24, 2014
Time until launch: 126 days

*active promotion = when official website launched

Fall actually extends to mid-December, therefore if it were to launch at that point (say, December 11), and if P4D's promotion cycle matched P4AU's exactly, it would start being promoted on August 7th, 2014.

There is no reason to believe P4D will have more media time than the previous two. PQ's is an exception, because it occurred right before Christmas vacation (which is why the weekly videos only started in early January). If the game is to launch in late November, early December, then its promotion being started now would have been early.

PK Gaming

How good is the P4 manga by the way? I've always meant to try it but don't want to commit if it sucks.

It's pretty good. It keeps things fresh by offering a different perspective for each of the main arcs, and the extra stuff added to the manga is great.

Dantis

Start date for active promotion* of PQ: December 20, 2013
Time until launch: 167 days

Start date for active promotion of P4AU: April 24, 2014
Time until launch: 126 days

*active promotion = when official website launched

Fall actually extends to mid-December, therefore if it were to launch at that point (say, December 11), and if P4D's promotion cycle matched P4AU's exactly, it would start being promoted on August 7th, 2014.

There is no reason to believe P4D will have more media time than the previous two. PQ's is an exception, because it occurred right before Christmas vacation (which is why the weekly videos only started in early January). If the game is to launch in late November, early December, then its promotion being started now would have been early.

Ultimax would surely be the exception, as less promotion is needed seeing as we'd already seen a lot of arcade footage and whatnot?

Also, nobody says 'Autumn' and means 'mid-December'.

I'm also pretty sure Autumn doesn't end in mid December anyway.

And then there's the fact that you're basing this on them releasing P4D on the last possible day to still fit within the Autumn 2014 release window.

This is a weird post.

FluxWaveZ

Ultimax would surely be the exception, as less promotion is needed seeing as we'd already seen a lot of arcade footage and whatnot?

Also, nobody says 'Autumn' and means 'mid-December'.

I'm also pretty sure Autumn doesn't end in mid December anyway.

And then there's the fact that you're basing this on them releasing P4D on the last possible day to still fit within the Autumn 2014 release window.

This is a weird post.

How is Ultimax an exception if it's already out? The arcade version has been out there for a while, and if you're going to count its announcement and related news surrounding the arcade version, you might as well say that the P4D media cycle began in December/January when we got the story and development details as well as the numerous screenshots.

And yes, plenty of publishers have referred to "Fall 201X" to mean their games launched in "November/December 201X."

From what I could tell from a quick Google search, all results point to the end of "Fall" being mid December. Perhaps "Autumn" and "Fall" mean different things, in business speak?

And yes, I am basing this on the possibility of it being released at the last possible release date, because you seem to be basing your ideas on P4D being released on the earliest possible release date. I'm not the one talking in definite claims, you are.

Dantis

You are correct: It ends November 7th in North America, at least.

Also I want that 3DS XL. AtlusUSA pls release it here. ;_;

I think it's Nintendo who do the special 3DS, not the publisher.

How is Ultimax an exception if it's already out? The arcade version has been out there for a while, and if you're going to count its announcement and related news surrounding the arcade version, you might as well say that the P4D media cycle began in December/January when we got the story and development details as well as the numerous screenshots.

And yes, plenty of publishers have referred to "Fall 201X" to mean their games launched in "November/December 201X."

From what I could tell from a quick Google search, all results point to the end of "Fall" being mid December. Perhaps "Autumn" and "Fall" mean different things, in business speak?

And yes, I am basing this on the possibility of it being released at the last possible release date, because you seem to be basing your ideas on P4D being released on the earliest possible release date. I'm not the one talking in definite claims, you are.

I wrote a big response to this, but these conversations are pointless and silly.

I think P4D won't be released in mid December, and I think we'll see something more before mid-August. That's all that matters.

I wouldn't expect a game to be released in December here in America, but I'm not so sure about Japan. FFX remaster got released the day after Christmas there, so I wouldn't rule out December for P4D.

Besides, apparently Fall ends on 12/20 this year.

Anyway, there's really no point in arguing over the release date, because the answer is "not soon."

wmlk

Is it OK to expect Atlus to give all information regarding P5 in a span of 5 months?
How was the P4 news wave? Did it span across 5 months? Seems like a short time, even for Atlus.

Sophia

What is it about release dates that make people always assume the worst about them?

They're basically trying justify or internalize why they've heard so little information about a game.

Assuming Dancing All Night is on track for it's original Fall 2014 release date, we will probably start hearing stuff about it near the start of August.

FluxWaveZ

Assuming Dancing All Night is on track for it's original Fall 2014 release date, we will probably start hearing stuff about it near the start of August.

Are you saying that the game will be released approximately two months (or less) after we start hearing about it, then?

Sophia

Are you saying that the game will be released approximately two months after we start hearing about it, then?

That's three months at the least, assuming a late October/early November release date.

And yes, I can see it being released that quickly. We're not talking about an RPG or a fighting game. We're talking about a rhythm game, which are typically non-existent story wise and not character dependent like the other two. While P4DAN obviously has a story, and is a little bit more character heavy than the average rhythm game, it still doesn't need as many videos to promote it.

FluxWaveZ

That's three months at the least, assuming a late October/early November release date.

And yes, I can see it being released that quickly. We're not talking about an RPG or a fighting game. We're talking about a rhythm game, which are typically non-existent and not character dependent like the other two. While P4DAN obviously has a story, and is a little bit more character heavy than the average rhythm game, it still doesn't need as many videos to promote it.

I could see that. Early August was, obviously, also the latest I determined we would hear about the game by.

Sophia

I could see that. Early August was, obviously, also the latest I determined we would hear about the game by.

I'm personally working under the assumption that we'll see Persona 5 as late as possible, too. Which is to say, expecting a January 2015 release. The very tail end of "Q4 2014", essentially.

Squire

Banned
I'm personally working under the assumption that we'll see Persona 5 as late as possible, too. Which is to say, expecting a January 2015 release. The very tail end of "Q4 2014", essentially.

That's what I'm leaning towards these days as well.

FluxWaveZ

I didn't realize homoerotic Atlus streams went all the way back to 2012. Same hosts and location as the May 2nd P4GA stream, so I guess that one was kind of a sequel.

And this was one in 2011. Thinking about it, I only really started paying attention to all things Persona around when I joined NeoGAF, in early-mid 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom